Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fooza

Still can't see this happening, really hope we don't mess about and get it done quick.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Wenger's the only person who actually wants to be at Arsenal.

Siorac

Why are the clubs so stupid ? Inter wanted 45m + Martial, Spurs 20m and now Arsenal swap for Sanchez who has only 3 months left. ( i wouldnt consider if sanchez had 3 years never mind 3 months)

Obviously the sevilla loan thing !

Martial is staying. Period !
3 months? His contract expires in April? That would be odd even for Arsenal.

Djemba-Djemba

If Arsenal really did ask for Martial I would have loved to have been there to see our reaction to that.

Woodward must have been pissing his sides laughing.

Adebesi

And guys, the reason for the delay is Arsenal have clearly stated they want to arrange his replacement before they sign off on the deal. They're talking to Aubemyang now, and whoever else, so we'll have to just have to be patient.

kps88

Can't blame them for trying for Martial. Bit of PR for the Arsenal fans as well.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
The reliability and credibility of Pilib De Bruin has long been debated on this forum.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Can't blame them for trying for Martial. Bit of PR for the Arsenal fans as well.
In what way is that positive PR? If I was an Arsenal fan I'd just be pissed off we aren't getting money in and getting an achievable target.

kps88

In what way is that positive PR? If I was an Arsenal fan I'd just be pissed off we aren't getting money in and getting an achievable target.
Lots of them were saying stuff like "we should demand Martial in a swap deal". This way they can at least say they tried.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Arsenal are quite entitled to try their arm. That's how negotiations work!

Canagel

The only player in the world I would swap Martial for is Messi. That's how highly I rate him. Arsenal can forget about getting him and should focus on other targets.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Klopp_De_Klown

Just catching up with the news for today and it looks like this is nowhere near as sure a thing as made out yesterday.
The hold up is arsenal. Wenger went on a limb to say hed have a replacement ready. So he's throwing balls in the air to see which one gets hit looking for the best deal for Arsenal. Bit like the Welbeck situation except they have the player who wants out this time.

We should bounce back, we'll take him on loan until the end of the season having a pre-contract agreement with Sanchez to kick in on the first of June so he actually earns the same as if he had signed in Jan.

That would focus his mind, sharpish!

haram

The only player in the world I would swap Martial for is Messi. That's how highly I rate him. Arsenal can forget about getting him and should focus on other targets.
Hazard, de Bruyne, Neymar, Kane, Mbappe?...

Adebesi

The thing is Arsenal have every reason to wonder what Martial's status at the club will be after Sanchez joins. They do play in the same position. They might also have expressed a willingness to pay cash on top of Sanchez to make it happen. It's possible Mourinho would go for that. None of us would want it, none of us would expect it, but they had every reason to try. It's not the equivalent of calling Barca and offering a fiver for Messi is it.

BarstoolProphet

I think that City will easily be favorites for the EPL Title for the next number of years.
History has shown that a lot can change. Lot of people even saw Guardiola as a fraud after last season. And my favourite, Chelsea looking invincible for the foreseeable future after signing both Ballack and Schevchenko on the back of two title-winning seasons.

AndyJ1985

That's stupid tbh. Martial is good but I feel he's massively overrated on here by some.

Guy Incognito

"We tried -- please renew our season tickets, we'll even throw in a complimentary glass of Chilean wine"

MDFC Manager

The thing is Arsenal have every reason to wonder what Martial's status at the club will be after Sanchez joins. They do play in the same position. They might also have expressed a willingness to pay cash on top of Sanchez to make it happen. It's possible Mourinho would go for that. None of us would want it, none of us would expect it, but they had every reason to try. It's not the equivalent of calling Barca and offering a fiver for Messi is it.
But surely they'd also know that we have no financial compulsion to sell Martial so abruptly in the middle of the season? With another attacking player (Mikhitaryan) already a write-off too.

I mean, it was worth a try on their part. But I'm sure they had zero conviction on it.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Out of interest, if this was happening in the summer, and there was no suggestion that City were interested in him, what would the consensus be on this transfer?

Obviously he's a class player - one of the best in the league, but signing him probably does mean we're not going to move for Griezmann or Dybala anytime soon. Personally I'm over the moon about it, but I'm also aware that some of my joy is coming from getting one over City in a season where they can do no wrong and weakening Arsenal's squad even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.