Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janson

Right. Mata is the passenger in our first XI right now. Sanchez will play there but will have licence to roam alá Hazard and Ronaldo under Mourinho.
Right most definitely. Maybe a few games on the left if we want to rotate.
Got to be right, Martial has made the left his own.
Right, let Mata move to the bench.
But theoretically, wouldn't he be more effective with his shooting from the left, or the middle? Idk, haven't followed his career though. Where has he been most effective for Araenal, Barca and Italy? I know Martial has been better lately but I feel accommodating Sanchez should be priority nr1. And we obviously can't move Lukaku to play him up top since he's to good to drop.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
But theoretically, wouldn't he be more effective with his shooting from the left, or the middle? Idk, haven't followed his career though. Where has he been most effective for Araenal, Barca and Italy? I know Martial has been better lately but I feel accommodating Sanchez should be priority nr1. And we obviously can't move Lukaku to play him up top since he's to good to drop.
His goalscoring stats are similar on both the left and right. This season though his shot conversion has been abysmal on the left.

NK86

I am interested to know if anybody on the Cafe knows why nobody such as Barcalona , Munich, PSG or Real Madrid were in for Sanchez ? Seems strange to me if he is such a tallent why none of the other big guns were / are in for him. I find it a little strange and have/Are we jumping in too quick. I mean City have the capital to compete and suddenly pulled out. Do they know something, feel he is not worth the chance or have United gone simply mad to beat city and they are now laughing seeing us blow a lot of next summer' budget ?

Or maybe I should just keep quiet.
Think you should keep quiet. This is Alexis Sanchez we are talking about. Not some random kid from Egypt.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Italy? Wow

Judging by his stats he should be equally effective from both sides in terms of goals at least.

Betson

Looks like it is going to drag on for another few days , looking like Monday evening at the earliest.

Not that an official announcement matters that much , we know he is coming. Although Wenger did offer a word of caution by saying if Miki does not sign for them then the whole thing is off. But I think he will sign for them.

SirAF

Ageist
Italy? Wow

Judging by his stats he should be equally effective from both sides in terms of goals at least.

Silas

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
You've just gone from saying accommodating sanchez should be no 1 priority, to lukaku is too good to drop in the same paragraph.

Betson

Both managers seem to indicate there is still a small change of it not happening? Why is that.

I reckon the Swap deal nature of this transfer is complicating things , straight player swap deals are often talked about but rarely ever carried through. But it looks like this one will be carried though. The only slight doubt seems to be that Miki is not fully convinced yet that his future lies at Arsenal. But I think he will sign for them.

Janson

You've just gone from saying accommodating sanchez should be no 1 priority, to lukaku is too good to drop in the same paragraph.
Well obviously Lukaku is one of the untouchables for Mourinho so that leaves RW, LW or CAM for Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.