Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It is. In Latin America we use 2 last names: the first one of the father, the second of the mother. Now, there’s times when both last names are equal, which happens when both parents share the same first last name (not necessarily blood related). There’s other times when, as in Alexis’ case, your father is nowhere to be found and you get the first last name of your mom twice.

Now, regarding his middle name, it’s plain stupid. Alexis is the anglosaxon form of Alejandro, far as I’m concerned.

Dunno if I made myself clear though.
Alexander is. Alexis probably the equivalent of Alejo. Stupid either way.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It is. In Latin America we use 2 last names: the first one of the father, the second of the mother. Now, there’s times when both last names are equal, which happens when both parents share the same first last name (not necessarily blood related). There’s other times when, as in Alexis’ case, your father is nowhere to be found and you get the first last name of your mom twice.

Now, regarding his middle name, it’s plain stupid. Alexis is the anglosaxon form of Alejandro, far as I’m concerned.

Dunno if I made myself clear though.
Ah that does make sense, thanks! Didn't know about his dad.

English version of Alejandro is just Alexander, so is Alexis a nickname growing up maybe?

VanGaalEra

Staggering how badly/dishonestly reported this transfer is.

The media are usually very good at controlling public perception but they showed their hand too early on this one. After the initial barrage of shamelessly unbiased Mou, Man Utd, Sanchez bashing + Pep reverence, the delays have been long enough to pretty much disprove every article + made up figure out there. People are impressionable but not complete morons (usually) and I'm seeing more and more well written articles like this create a positive backlash.

Did you know Pep has spent $1b+ on players in his career. Considering Barca's best players (Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Busquets, Valdes, Barca) were already there, that's a shit load of money.
Excellent article.
Thanks for that. Long read, but good one.
Was an excellent read, amazing how much you can show up the Media's narrative with some extensive research.

Luis DC

Supports
Universidad de Chile
Wait, that's his full name???

That's amazing.
Well I will use my last post of the day in this, but if you or any other are interested in Chile we use both last names, both from father and mother.
Ah that does make sense, thanks! Didn't know about his dad.

English version of Alejandro is just Alexander, so is Alexis a nickname growing up maybe?
Not necessarily, In chile is very common in some areas to use English names with Latin surnames, you can find a lot of examples. I´m from here and I don't get it but is real. My best guess is that the mother fancied the name and just used. They didn't care about the meaning of the name or anything related.

Last edited by a moderator:

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Ok, so a few months of the season left....what would you all be happy with in terms of his output for the rest of the season?
Well, score wining goal at Emptyhad and run and tap United badge. Also score against Arsenal, too bad it is home game. And in CL final of course. That will do for me. Not asking for much! Right?

cyberman

The momentum has gone now.
Its dragged on too long, whatever announcement they're planning will have little or no impact because of it.

prateik

I'm more worried about the van. Why isnt he being driven around in a better SUV?

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
The momentum has gone now.
Its dragged on too long, whatever announcement they're planning will have little or no impact because of it.
No way. We're gonna see the official photos and start weeping uncontrollably, and you know it.

TsuWave

Every time when i see that weather i am bemused how we get best players to play for us.
that's in Liverpool tbf (and they're a port City so it's likely windier there than in Manchester), and sometimes the weather is different within Manchester itself, as in, it could be raining in south Manchester but not in east Manchester, let alone another City altogether, plus it's not always like this and with the money they earn the weather should be a non factor

Status
Not open for further replies.