Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

I can't believe we're getting Alexis for Mikhi. This is unbelievable. Does Arsenal not see how much they're being robbed here?
Alexis can go in few months time with Arsenal getting nothing, so it's not that bad for Arsenal the way we helped them having Mkhi. Mkhi struggled mentally with us, but in different environment, if he can perform to the fullest of his talent, he is 50+mil player in this market.

In that context, all involved parties seem to get the deal they want.

Last edited:

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
PSG, Real Madrid, Barca? Even Liverpool, they just paid £70m for a center back. Not to mention several Chinese clubs. The total costs are spread out over several years. They can definitely affort paying 60 million for a player. Liverpool could probably not fit him into their wage structure, but the other mentioned clubs could.
PSG have issues surrounding financial fair play over the 2 transfers of Neymar and Mbappe, adding in Sanchez on the reported 500k a week would possibly tip them over the edge. Barcelona are spending roughly 85% of their turnover on wages, adding in Sanchez would be suicide. Real Madrid would probably be the only team that could afford it, only issue is Ronaldo, Sanchez wouldnt be there to accommodate him the way Bale and Benzema have done.

Gasolin

What exactly do you mean by leverage? I’m half way through a bachelor in finance, and leverage to me means the extent of which a company uses debt for financing. What do you mean by leverage and why do you use that word? It’s weird.
Err... I also work in finance but people used the word "leverage" every single time... and you can have a leverage effect in mechanics, etc etc... let's not restrict the word to one meaning.

eat_grass

PSG have issues surrounding financial fair play over the 2 transfers of Neymar and Mbappe, adding in Sanchez on the reported 500k a week would possibly tip them over the edge. Barcelona are spending roughly 85% of their turnover on wages, adding in Sanchez would be suicide. Real Madrid would probably be the only team that could afford it, only issue is Ronaldo, Sanchez wouldnt be there to accommodate him the way Bale and Benzema have done.
Maybe I make too many assumptions when I post comments. I would have thought everything you said was obvious to the previous poster, so when they respond like that it just blows my mind and I think I'm being trolled. :houllier:

Err... I also work in finance but people used the word "leverage" every single time... and you can have a leverage effect in mechanics, etc etc... let's not restrict the word to one meaning.
Again, probably a bad assumption on my part thinking leverage in negotiations is common knowledge. It's clearly not to the poster you quoted. I hear the word leverage abused a lot, but it's generally along the lines of "I'm going to leverage you today," as in "use you to accomplish [a task]." Leverage in negotiations is like 1+1 in Math, though, so the other poster's confusion is baffling to me.

Anyway, I'm done unintentionally hijacking this thread. Please continue stalking Sanchez. :p

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We have reached the point where pointless stuffs are being discussed in a player transfer thread.

We're getting closer boys!

Member 90678

People need to get a grip with all this arguing about wages and costs.
It will have zero impact on what he offers us on the pitch and what he can do for OUR team.
I am extremely excited for his arrival and when he scores his first goal I won't give a rats ar@e about wages or costs.

UpWithRivers

the footballer salary thing is just stupid. and no, a nurse or a fireman doesn't deserve to earn more than a world class footballer. if a nurse earned £400k a week everyone would be one, because as noble a profession it is, if you study and learn what to do, most people can do it. not everyone can be a bloody professional footballer.
Robbie Savage managed it....so anyone can

roodey

It has to be announced today with most of the people having an day off.

We need to see our new No.7 asap :drool:

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Had a great laugh reading the first pages of this thread!

ROFLUTION

As I see it, all this high wage-talk is more a testament to how great we are doing commercially under Ed. To outcompete a financial doped club says a lot. We've earned it all ourselves. Now pick that up and stop with the boring Evil-United narrative, stupid press

gr3yham3

Had a great laugh reading the first pages of this thread!
I went to read those pages too - what a laugh! Everyone was saying "impossible" or "0.00001% chance" or something about City releasing this rumour to kick us while we are down.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Regarding all this talk about market value and what an effect this deal/swap would have on our accounts:

Manchester United is accounting under the rules of IFRS.
As far as I know Footballers are accounted for as fixed assets (IAS 16) which means they are initially recognized with their purchase Price that in Standard cases should also reflect the market value (contigencies can Play a role here).
As I guess we are not applying the revaluation model Players are depreciated over the "asset's useful life".
Only in case some Events lead to a material Change of estimation there would be done an additional write-down.
In case we know for sure a Player gets sold within 12 months he has to be accounted for under IFRS 5 meaning disclose the lower value of actual net book value or market value less costs to sell.

In the case of the swap we are expecting I think the actual net book value of Mkhi will be the new gross book value for Sanchez. Higher wages are not included right now but will just present running costs.

On another note while I think that Sanchez is exactly what we Need right now and this is a great deal I also believe that Mkhi will turn out to be much more useful for Arsenal. Especially with Özil probably leaving as well this swap could be great for them as well.

Nucks

RT History Department
the footballer salary thing is just stupid. and no, a nurse or a fireman doesn't deserve to earn more than a world class footballer. if a nurse earned £400k a week everyone would be one, because as noble a profession it is, if you study and learn what to do, most people can do it. not everyone can be a bloody professional footballer.
I think you missed the point. He doesn't literally mean they should be paid more, because that's not how a market economy works. He's saying, they do a noble, hard job, and if the world wasn't crazy, they'd get paid more than they do.

Also, if the money in being a fireman, nurse, whatever, was that good, guess what, not everyone would be able to do it. Why? The competition for the jobs would be severe, you'd be attracting incredibly gifted medical practitioners, and athletes as firemen. Interesting how market forces work! No random schmuck is going to get onto a fire crew, if the standard is 6'5, bench pressing 400 pounds, and running up a flight of stairs carrying 200 pounds of gear, 300% faster than an average dude, if the average dude even makes it up the first landing,

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Why would it need his WP to be ratified, hope it's all sorted by tonight.
An announcement can be made subject to work permit. I think when the contract is signed the announcement will be made subject to work permit/medical.

Looks like alexis will not be end of attacking signings. Duncan castles is adamant we will sign a left footed winger.

Hawks2008

Can't wait to get his new United card for my ultimate team. Will be interesting to see how I can use him to fit Vidal into a Prem/Bundeslinga hybrid.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The people moaning about the wages. If you are going to worry about what someone earns you would never watch a movie, watch TV, listen to music, because you can guarantee that those people earn more than the majority of us and nurses and firemen. In fact most of the journalists moaning on our behalf likely earn more than us as well. Football is awash with money, so the wages are high. Footballers have always earned more than the average man in the street. Just enjoy the signing and hope he brings good things to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.