Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
All the credit should obviously go to me. I also started the Pogba thread.
Can you start a neymar/messi thread?
More importantly can you start a thread where it says "Kate upton to have sex with maradona10?"

Moiraine

Its seems so right. Mkhitaryan will follow the footsteps of all overrated players who moved to the other side (Welbeck, Silvestre etc)
Don't disrespect Silvestre, he did well in defense, could play at left back as well. Solid Player who served us well. (Thanks Silvestre for your two hammer headers against Liverpool).

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Don't disrespect Silvestre, he did well in defense, could play at left back as well. Solid Player who served us well.
He was a meah left back and a horrible CB, a bit like the reverse Rojo.

Handsome Devil

The people moaning about the wages. If you are going to worry about what someone earns you would never watch a movie, watch TV, listen to music, because you can guarantee that those people earn more than the majority of us and nurses and firemen. In fact most of the journalists moaning on our behalf likely earn more than us as well. Football is awash with money, so the wages are high. Footballers have always earned more than the average man in the street. Just enjoy the signing and hope he brings good things to the team.
Since 1961, when the minimum wage was abolished after threatened industrial action from the PFA under Jimmy Hill. But you are right, I don't care about the salaries, they are entertainers like singers and actors, its all about supply and demand. Maybe there should be a special Red Cafe money supermarket thread where people can get their kicks discussing this sort of thing while we get on with the excitement of signing a classy player.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
His two bullet headers against liverpool :nono:
He was a good servant to United
I lost count how many times he missed a cross and our opponents ended up scoring.

I've been following United for 30 years now. I cant think of more overrated CBs then his partnership with Wes. I was over the moon when we finally added Rio to the team. Finally we had someone with some brain power at the back. Then once we added Vidic and Evra we finally had the defence United deserved.

SAF's obsession with not bringing in a top quality CB (during the period between Stam and Rio) reminds me of his obsession in not adding any top CM. Similarly we ended up spending alot of money to sort that one out.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm going to watch the Sunday Supplement for the first time in I don't know how many years to see how they spin this deal to make us look bad, lets see if they can prove why they have the jobs they do.

muffinman

Don't disrespect Silvestre, he did well in defense, could play at left back as well. Solid Player who served us well. (Thanks Silvestre for your two hammer headers against Liverpool).
Not disrespecting Silvestre, but it is what it is. As a centre back he only ever was made to look good by Rio. When Rio was out injured or banned for 8 months it became obvious how bad he was.
As a left back? Can't even remember him playing there...Must have been pretty average there too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ss3bba

I'm From Chile and a DIE-HARD ManUnited Fan since Cantona, and i Can tell you EVERY news here in national TV is about this transfer saga, and everyone says is a historic one. The chilean reporters an sport experts are discussing, in deed, wich trasnfers was the most important of Chilean football history, comparing these one with the "real madrid - inter milan trasnfer" of Zamorano in 99's. Is like unreal to be honest. And my personal childhood dream.

And about the Fans thing, Here in Chile are a lots of Devils Fans, even considering there have not play none Chilean player in the history of the club. is like 60/40 considering the Pep Hype.

Sorry About my English jeje GGMU !! :devil::devil:
Thanks guys. I was really annoyed with Tim Vickery the other day who shrugged this off the other day on Talksport. He said that people in Chile were more concerned about their local clubs and would probably choose City if they had a chance. But it seems many of these journey men are finally being exposed for what they are.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I think there might be a twist in the tale here....in that he might not take the number 7 Jersey.

Just a weird gut feeling...that it might be being held back for someone else.
Dont think so, It was given to di maria and rightfully will be given to Sanchez. I do think we will sign someone who can get the number 10 as Zlatan leaves next year.

IrishRedDevil

An announcement can be made subject to work permit. I think when the contract is signed the announcement will be made subject to work permit/medical.

Looks like alexis will not be end of attacking signings. Duncan castles is adamant we will sign a left footed winger.
Mahrez :drool:

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Think it might be Lemar we go for depending on the price . Maybe with sanchez and Lukaku being two senior attackers we might go for Kluivert/Neres or some other young wingers who are happy for bench roles. Ozil is another one, who played right wing for Mou at madrid.

WPMUFC

Looking forward to sunday supplement and all the salt on the table
Fingers crossed someone gets it up on YT shortly after. I can't wait for the bitterness to come out. Last weekend they were all caught with their pants down as the story broke. They will likely call MUFC a terrorist organisation holding a poor hostage from pep or something like that :lol::lol::lol:

kps88

My favourite thing about this saga are the replies to Orny's tweets.

clarkydaz

I'm From Chile and a DIE-HARD ManUnited Fan since Cantona, and i Can tell you EVERY news here in national TV is about this transfer saga, and everyone says is a historic one. The chilean reporters an sport experts are discussing, in deed, wich trasnfers was the most important of Chilean football history, comparing these one with the "real madrid - inter milan trasnfer" of Zamorano in 99's. Is like unreal to be honest. And my personal childhood dream.

And about the Fans thing, Here in Chile are a lots of Devils Fans, even considering there have not play none Chilean player in the history of the club. is like 60/40 considering the Pep Hype.

Sorry About my English jeje GGMU !! :devil::devil:
:drool:

TheReligion

Abusive
Because perhaps we know that Sanchez wants City and not us.
I'm guessing because he doesn't want to join United.
What a signing he is going too be for 35m max and a team that by a clear distance is already the best in the league :nono:
So quadruple in the bag for him then.

He preferred City than us, that shows how much United has fallen though
It shows how far City have come more than anything.
Probably wants trophies actually. :houllier:
So much denial from United fans atm regarding our noisy neighbours. Yes, we all cannot stand to see them doing so well but we can't act as if it is not happening - or blaming 'petrodollars' for it. It's happening and there's nothing moaning about it can do.

City are a far more attractive club to play for than United at this moment in time. Money aside they are playing great football, competing in everything, have fantastic training facilities, togetherness in the squad and can match any wages being offered by us, Chelsea and anyone in Europe. Compare that with us for example, you have Mourinho and his obstinate ways, uninspired football and a general feel of decline.

It's a no brainer. I think our board knew this hence the lack of interest from our side.
He went for money, but there's a difference between winning Mickey Mouse trophies in China and winning PL & CL titles.

Sanchez has only really won the title once at Barca, and never won the CL. I'm sure he'd like to add more domestic league success and a CL title to his honours list.

As I said, it's probably a combination of both, it was just more a retort to the idea that he's only going to City for money, a claim which has been made by a few United fans for example, as if he would choose them if it was were all about footballing reasons when City are head & shoulders above them and every other club in the country right now.
To be fair why would he chose us over City? He signs for them now, probably for the same money we're offering but he's a guaranteed a PL medal.

Greater chance to win the CL too.
Why didn't we start putting in the ground work to sign him in the summer? We knew he'd be available. All this does is give City the satisfaction of gloating when we fail to sign him.
This made me laugh. Like a petty afterthought.
Press. Sanchez rejects Mourinho for Pep.
He's not choosing us.
The info is from Di Marzio which suggests an agent link.
Simply trying to get City to up terms.
In the end sanchez chooses, he will chose city over us. I do think we would not have bid unless we have some knowledge of Sanchez wanting to come here.
This thread has made so many people look silly!

Great great signing for United.

Eire Red United

I think there might be a twist in the tale here....in that he might not take the number 7 Jersey.

Just a weird gut feeling...that it might be being held back for someone else.
Only person who it would be kept for over Sanchez is someone who wore it before... and I don’t see him coming back. Any other big attacking signing will surely get number 10 in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.