Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
lolwut?

I keep seeing the duration of his current Arsenal contract bandied about. It has zero relevance. The fees United are paying Arsenal aren't to purchase the services of Alexis Sanchez for 6 months. They're to stave off the pursuit from other clubs. If instead United wait until the summer window, City would roll the current transfer fee and agent's fee into Sanchez's contract, and United would match it or raise it. Same monetary figures. And other clubs would also join the auction and likely drive the price even higher still.

Sanchez is signing a new, 4-year contract with United. Mkhitaryan is doing the same with Arsenal. Their current contracts are irrelevant.
They are relevant. Basic economics.

lococol

Arsenal are getting a player instead of nothing. This is a win win deal for both parties.
Arsenal are getting an amazing player too. Miki is decent he just hasnt settled in under Jose. Sanchez though, wow, cant wait :) :) :)

iKnowNothing

I can't believe we're getting Alexis for Mikhi. This is unbelievable. Does Arsenal not see how much they're being robbed here?
Sanchez would have walked for free in a few months so would be of less value to them. Now they're exchanging something that is of lower value and getting something that might have been valued at say £30m. So I wouldn't call them "robbed".

MadMike

It doesn’t really work out like that though. Either way, Arsenal are the real losers here if you want to discuss value. They allowed a prized ‘asset’ to run his contract down rather than renewing. We whack him on a 4 year deal or whatever and suddenly his value will soar.
Indeed it doesn’t work like that, in many ways. Because the only thing this running down of the contract most likely achieved was forcing Arsenal to sell. It’s Almost certain that Sanchez is receiving a humongous sign on fee which makes the total deal cost much higher than simply Mkhitaryan’s transfer value.

Arsenal are losers here because they didn’t make an auction of him in the summer when they could have got 60-70m. And we’re winners because we picked up a player we wanted while fending off rivals. But it’s certain that the fees we’ll pay to get him are much much higher than what Arsenal are paying for Mkhi.

So to say that the exchange puts them at equal value is rather stupid.

eat_grass

Lolwut.

Of course they are relevant. Arsenal wouldn’t trade him for Mkhi if he had another 3 years on his contract would they? They asked for 60m in the summer. And they asked for 30m now. How is the length of the remaining contract irrelevant in the valuation?

Do you even football bruh?
The length of his contract (and his refusal to extend it) merely serves as the impetus for entertaining a trade. The 30m now is because they don't want to scare off possible suiters, leaving them completely empty-handed in the summer. It's irrelevant to the valuation of Sanchez himself. It could be 45m or 50m if there were no agents fees involved.

United are not buying 6-months of Sanchez. They're paying a fee now to avoid a financial battle in the summer. You're completely missing the point of the transfer fee.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
How would Arsenal fans feel if he bagged the winner at WHL against Spurs next week? :angel:

EDIT: Or wherever they play nowadays.

EDIT EDIT: Feck, it's Wembley, isn't it. Had a major brainfart there.

TsuWave

I'm From Chile and a DIE-HARD ManUnited Fan since Cantona, and i Can tell you EVERY news here in national TV is about this transfer saga, and everyone says is a historic one. The chilean reporters an sport experts are discussing, in deed, wich trasnfers was the most important of Chilean football history, comparing these one with the "real madrid - inter milan trasnfer" of Zamorano in 99's. Is like unreal to be honest. And my personal childhood dream.

And about the Fans thing, Here in Chile are a lots of Devils Fans, even considering there have not play none Chilean player in the history of the club. is like 60/40 considering the Pep Hype.

Sorry About my English jeje GGMU !! :devil::devil:
this is great. I think Ferguson tried to buy Marcelo Salas at one point. Chile has had amazing players over the years, hopefully Sanchez is the first of many.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I didn't think this was ever possible knowing the past with the RVP-transfer and even the Mou vs Wenger thing... Unbelievably good signing. Hard working player, great technique, creative, good shot, corner-taker. Just perfect

prath92

It’s reached a point where I’m like ‘yeah ok’ when he signs. The peak excitement was 2 days ago for me

MadMike

The length of his contract (and his refusal to extend it) merely serves as the impetus for entertaining a trade. The 30m now is because they don't want to scare off possible suiters, leaving them completely empty-handed in the summer. It's irrelevant to the valuation of Sanchez himself. It could be 45m or 50m if there were no agents fees involved.

United are not buying 6-months of Sanchez. They're paying a fee now to avoid a financial battle in the summer. You're completely missing the point of the transfer fee.
I think it’s you who’s massively missing the point but since I can’t be bothered to explain basic economics, I’ll let you get on with life. Bruh

Macern

Pee pee pants
It’s reached a point where I’m like ‘yeah ok’ when he signs. The peak excitement was 2 days ago for me
The problem with this transfer is that we've been eased into it so much that you'd have to live under a rock to be slightly surprised by it when it happens. Far more exciting when things happen quickly and you get that shock feeling when you see the player holding up a Man Utd shirt for the first time. Now it's going to be everyone thinking 'FINALLY' and then realizing that they can finally move on with their lives, but then there's this void that is going to be impossible to get rid of straight away. Just like when you finish a really good TV series and wonder what the feck you're going to waste your time on doing next.

eat_grass

I think it’s you who’s massively missing the point but since I can’t be bothered to explain basic economics, I’ll let you get on with life. Bruh
I'm tempted to listen to what hilarity you'd spout trying to explain basic economics, but I'll pass, bruh.

Arsenal's valuation of Sanchez is not 30m. It's closer to the 60m they reportedly quoted Man City in the summer. But because of Sterling's massive improvement this year, and Gabriel Jesus' great form and the revelation that his injury isn't season-ending, they aren't willing to pay 60m anymore, let alone 30m plus the signing-on fee plus the agents fee and requested pay raise. That makes this winter window a buyers market, so the price dropped to 30m. The 6-month contract duration not required.

Arsenal will reportedly consider selling Alexis Sanchez to Manchester City this summer, but only if they receive a transfer fee of £80million.
It is thought that the Sky Blues will try their luck with an opening offer of £50m for Sanchez, which would still make him a record sale for Arsenal.
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/08/arsen...city-to-seal-alexis-sanchez-transfer-6765263/

stepic

the footballer salary thing is just stupid. and no, a nurse or a fireman doesn't deserve to earn more than a world class footballer. if a nurse earned £400k a week everyone would be one, because as noble a profession it is, if you study and learn what to do, most people can do it. not everyone can be a bloody professional footballer.

Mindhunter

I'm tempted to listen to what hilarity you'd spout trying to explain basic economics, but I'll pass, bruh.

Arsenal's valuation of Sanchez is not 30m. It's closer to the 60m they reportedly quoted Man City in the summer. But because of Sterling's massive improvement this year, and Gabriel Jesus' great form and the revelation that his injury isn't season-ending, they aren't willing to pay 60m anymore, let alone 30m plus the signing-on fee plus the agents fee and requested pay raise. That makes this winter window a buyers market, so the price dropped to 30m. The 6-month contract duration not required.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/08/arsen...city-to-seal-alexis-sanchez-transfer-6765263/
An asset’s value doesn’t take into account remaining useful life? Ok, then.

The value you are talking about is a figment of their transfer team’s imagination which they came up with when City approached. His actual book value will be different, amortised over the years he has been with the club.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
It is a little worrying that Alexis' best football comes from the left, where Martial plays. Oh well, I'm so fecking happy we're getting him, we can think about the formations later on.

TheRedHearted

The problem with this transfer is that we've been eased into it so much that you'd have to live under a rock to be slightly surprised by it when it happens. Far more exciting when things happen quickly and you get that shock feeling when you see the player holding up a Man Utd shirt for the first time. Now it's going to be everyone thinking 'FINALLY' and then realizing that they can finally move on with their lives, but then there's this void that is going to be impossible to get rid of straight away. Just like when you finish a really good TV series and wonder what the feck you're going to waste your time on doing next.
I've been saying it for nearly one to two months. Got this gut feeling that it made perfect sense and Mou and Ed would pull it off. Now I'm just nervous something will mess it up last minute. I play soccer saturdays and sundays and everyone was laughing at me when I brought this one up.

manunited1919

When we signed Lukaku, Ed came with the "smokescreen" tactic using Morata. When we sign Sanchez, he comes with the swap tactic.

What will Ed do in our next transfer ? :lol:
We need Ed to learn RM tactic of “I have always dreamt to play for United”. You know, just like RM used to turn Ronaldo’s head away from United.

eat_grass

An asset’s value doesn’t take into account remaining useful life? Ok, then.
Arsenal want to keep Sanchez and have reportedly offered him 300K/wk. He's refused to sign. So their remaining options are to 1) let him go for free in the summer, 2) sell him now for whatever the mark is willing to pay. His value didn't drop because there only remain 6 months on his contract -- it dropped because the market isn't willing to pay 60m anymore, and Arsenal have almost zero leverage to raise it. If it were Neymar instead of Sanchez, he'd go for 200m. The clubs wouldn't give a feck about the 6-months lifetime left on the contract. I don't get how that point keeps sailing over some of your heads. :confused:

The value you are talking about is a figment of their transfer team’s imagination which they came up with when City approached. His actual book value will be different, amortised over the years he has been with the club.
His value is determined by what he offers potential buying clubs' future success. That, and the prevailing transfer fees for other top talent, determine his transfer value.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I've been saying it for nearly one to two months. Got this gut feeling that it made perfect sense and Mou and Ed would pull it off. Now I'm just nervous something will mess it up last minute. I play soccer saturdays and sundays and everyone was laughing at me when I brought this one up.
There isn't anything to suggest that it'll break down. It's 99% certain imo.

The Alchemist

Mourinho must be highly praised for this deal. Mino Raiola is an agent who is renowned of protecting the interest of his players and give them what they really want. I guess there was no way Mikhitaryan was willingly signing for Arsenal as his grim face tells the exact story. To convince a player, and then his agent as stubborn as Raiola, and work out a deal is a true master class. If we didn't have Mourinho incharge at OldTrafford, no way we were getting that deal.
Some of the newbies when we were going through the bad spell during the defeat to city and the draws thereafter, claimed that Mourinho would hinder the club from signing world class players. I couldn't believe what I read, considering we are in a better position of signing the best than any other coach in the world, alongside Pep.

I just wonder how many of those who were calling for his head a few months back and begging for a younger in vogue ''attacking'' coach are still standing by their words today.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Arsenal want to keep Sanchez and have reportedly offered him 300K/wk. He's refused to sign. So their remaining options are to 1) let him go for free in the summer, 2) sell him now for whatever the mark is willing to pay. His value didn't drop because there only remain 6 months on his contract -- it dropped because the market isn't willing to pay 60m anymore, and Arsenal have almost zero leverage to raise it. If it were Neymar instead of Sanchez, he'd go for 200m. The clubs wouldn't give a feck about the 6-months lifetime left on the contract. I don't get how that point keeps sailing over some of your heads. :confused:

His value is determined by what he offers potential buying clubs' future success. That, and the prevailing transfer fees for other top talent, determine his transfer value.
Why isn't the market willing to pay 60m anymore?

Macern

Pee pee pants
Some of the newbies when we were going through the bad spell during the defeat to city and the draws thereafter, claimed that Mourinho would hinder the club from signing world class players. I couldn't believe what I read, considering we are in a better position of signing the best than any other coach in the world, alongside Pep.

I just wonder how many of those who were calling for his head a few months back and begging for a younger in vogue ''attacking'' coach are still standing by their words today.
I'd say Zidane is in a better position to sign the best players.

eat_grass

Why isn't the market willing to pay 60m anymore?
I mentioned it earlier:

So there's effectively only one buyer left in the market (because nobody else can afford this bidding war): United. Man City were reportedly willing to pay at least 50m last summer. But Sterling and Jesus have lessened their team's demand for a player like Sanchez, so the price had to drop.

BigCaine

So you are saying that a guy with 1 year on contract left should go for same as guy with 6 months left, What bizarre world does this work in?

Macern

Pee pee pants
:confused: You don't think clubs would've been willing to pay £60m for Sanchez if he had let's say 2 years left on his contract? That's odd considering how players like Gylfi Sigurdsson went for £45m, Drinkwater and Oxlade-Chamberlain went for £35m, Ousmane Dembele went for £92m, Benjamin Mendy went for £52m, Morata went for £70m, Andre Silva went for £33.5m. Some of them, like the Ox, even had short contracts. So people are paying these fees but they wouldn't pay £60m for Sanchez who's significantly better than all the names mentioned. 45 million for Gylfi Sigurdsson but not 60 for Sanchez?

Status
Not open for further replies.