g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergosaurus

What team better than Arsenal could he realistically sign for? I think it would be a good move for all parties.

Dortmund showed an interest so maybe he's holding out for a move there.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Arsenal are really weird. Aren't they getting Malcom and/or Auba? Why would you still risk losing Sanchez for free in 6 months when he's not playing well for them and doesn't want to be there for Mkhitaryan?
They'll most likely settle for money if Mkhi refuses to go. It's clear Wenger wants this Sanchez saga wrapped up ASAP and there's no way he's staying for another 6 months.

Samrat Mazumdar

Mkhi to the Gooners would be a win win for both clubs and the players. Hope we bear the wage difference till end of season when he can go to BVB

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Like few said, some of the posts on Mkhitaryan is just embarrassing and pathetic. He has signed long term deal and he has every right to decide his future.
Nobody is abusing him though. A lot of us are just surprised at how reluctant he is to go there.

WPMUFC

So what is the alternative option? If it's as simple as Mkhi leaving, why is Ornstein talking about alternatives?

red4ever 79

If Mhki screws us over with this deal then he deserves some abuse.
Think we need to stop these kind of posts. Completely unwarranted. Yes Miki has been poor but he has always carried himself professionally for the club. He has a contract with Man Utd. He cannot be forced to go to Arsenal.

Canagel

It says more about Arsenal that they are trying to get a player who isn't completely sold on moving to them and from what we can see has doubts about moving.

Woodenlung

Why would anyone believe a word Jim White says? Still waiting for Benatia's plane to land in Manchester airport.

Godfather

It says more about Arsenal that they are trying to get a player who isn't completely sold on moving to them and from what we can see has doubts about moving.
Have you seen their line up these days? Without Sanchez and Özil they are screwed. Desperate times for them indeed

gaz1185

I don't know why so many people are happy to let Mkhitaryan go out the door to Arsenal so quickly, yes I understand it's for Sanchez, but Arsenal is the type of team he would thrive at. If the option is there for a £35m payment for Sanchez and Mhkitaryan has other options like Dortmund, do it, I'd rather not see him at another club in the Premier League.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Jim White is full of it this morning, 10% chance of deal going through according to his source.
10% is just the satisfaction he experienced when his pet gerbil crawled into his digestive system through the wrong end. Incidentally, that's also the place all his news emanate from.

andrewleethomas

Why would anyone believe a word Jim White says? Still waiting for Benatia's plane to land in Manchester airport.
They are full of it. Saying between 5 and 10% chance of this deal happening at all, and proclaiming Chelsea as favourites to sign Sanchez now because another player isn't essential in a deal with them happening.

It's almost as if they own a betting company and have a vested interest in a perception that it's all to play for and still definitely worth having a bet on him not going to United...

WPMUFC

I don't know why so many people are happy to let Mkhitaryan go out the door to Arsenal so quickly, yes I understand it's for Sanchez, but Arsenal is the type of team he would thrive at. If the option is there for a £35m payment for Sanchez and Mhkitaryan has other options like Dortmund, do it, I'd rather not see him at another club in the Premier League.
isn't Ornstein implying that Mkhi has to go to arsenal for the deal to go ahead?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Are you kidding me? Mkhi is getting torched in here. Completely unfairly
Mkhi was dropped out of the squad for over a month and only brought back when we hit the Christmas fixtures. The lad is finished here everybody knows it. He doesn't fit in Mourinho's plans but Arsenal is a good fit for him plus they're potentially bringing in Malcom and Auba too so it's not like he's going to be playing alongside joke players there. Arsenal is his standard right now.

Smores

Ideally Mhki gets his transfer back to Dortmund, Arsenal get Malcom and everyone's happy.

I do feel a tad uneasy about pushing Mkhi towards Arsenal

red4ever 79

Looking at it from Arsenal's point of view. They are trying everything to get players in before they commit to letting go of their best player. I can understand that. They effectively still hold the cards. I mean with Sanchez there is no top 4, without Sanchez there is still no top 4.

Only plus is more $$ for Gazidis to eat more cheeseburgers on his ranch

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Jim white just wants him to end up anywhere but us, he's a clown, him and I know nothing but the orient Bob mills, they know nothing.

gaz1185

isn't Ornstein implying that Mkhi has to go to arsenal for the deal to go ahead?
The end of his article doesn't imply that. The fact that Arsenal would be willing to loose out on a decent cash deal just because they want Mkhi in return seems highly unlikely to me.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Always amazes me how obsessed transfer threads are with money :annoyed:

Firstly, it's not your money & it doesn't effect your life in any way. Stop acting like it's coming out of your debit account. Addendum to that, it hasn't effected ticket prices, which have been frozen for... how long is it now? The best part of a decade? Maybe longer? So you can drop that argument before it even starts.

Secondly, despite wages spiraling upward, it hasn't effected the club in any way. We continue to shop at the top end, we continue to balance the books well, and we can continue paying big new contracts.

Thirdly, I could understand some concern if our wage bill was dwarfing our income, but it's actually a very healthy fraction. Ed's noodle partners and tractor suppliers ensure that. Not to mention that Zlatan will be going soon, which is a big chunk of Sanchez's wages covered, plus the possible sale of Micky, who is on the best part of £150-200k a week.

Fourthly, the Glazers spent years bleeding us dry, losing millions in interest payments, and failing to back Fergie with funds. If you're seriously worrying now about making those yank goblins put money back into the squad, you've got your priorities all backwards.

Finally, our club is basically run by accountants. If you're actually suggesting these eggheads don't have a grasp on our finances and can project whether a signing like Sanchez is budgetable or not, you're seriously underestimating just how many of these finance nerds are in charge.

In conclusion, spend a little less time worrying about "value" and a little more time enjoying the beautiful game :cool:
Good stuff, bruv.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
United will make this happen regardless if mhiki goes or not
I agree. Wenger made it clear the other day that he wants this saga sorted out ASAP and there's no way Sanchez will stay there. If Mkhi is refusing to go then we'll just end up offering money.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
What wage is Mkhitaryan on? I've seen 140k-220k reported. I could see Arsenal paying 140k but not 200k plus for a player who's not in his best form

zarrelito

Supports
Djurgårdens IF
Anything new on sanchez whereabouts? Or is he still hiding out somewhere?

Mani

Mkhi is slowing things down but that's understandable. He isn't desperate to leave but it looks like he is being pushed out anyway. Why can't we get Sanchez done first and then negotiate with Arsenal for Mkhi?
I don't think its much between the clubs at this stage, and its between Mkhi and Arsenal if they are really in for him, the wage demand and other things if any than that need to be sorted.If this doesn't work out then they need to look for alternative replacement, may be they wait for Malcom to happen.
I think this might take other day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.