Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishRedDevil

Goodness I couldn't disagree more. He's exactly the player that would turn us from a solid team to a potentially league-winning team. He's the talisman we've been crying out for since Rooney started his backslide.
Totally agree.

He'd be our version of Hazard, which this United team is sorely lacking. A player that drags the team over the line when other players are perhaps having an off day, who can create a goal all by himself out of a moment of brilliance. He's the player that defenders give extra attention, thus giving that extra yard or two of space to the other attackers.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
All we need to do really to get his signature is double the money for his feckin agent. End of story.

Bwuk

Interesting to think where he’ll play if we sign him - I still don’t think we will.

Lukaku
Martial - Sanchez - Mata
Pogba - Matic​

Harsh on Jesse considering his form say the moment though.

Mr Smith

Interesting to think where he’ll play if we sign him - I still don’t think we will.

Lukaku
Martial - Sanchez - Mata
Pogba - Matic​

I wouldn't worry too much, I honestly believe Sanchez can play anywhere along that 3 behind Lukaku (heck, he can even play up front). I think he'll start with us on the right or left, but eventually take up that 10 position.

That's the other delight about this guy, he's very versatile.

Keyser

Lukaku
Martial - Sanchez - Mata
Pogba - Matic​

Why on earth would you play them like that? Even if you're desperate to shoehorn Mata in.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Could get a bit interesting if it is between us now for a fee or City at the end of the season plus a big signing on fee. Not sure which way he would go.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

Lukaku
Martial - Sanchez - Mata
Pogba - Matic​

Why on earth would Mata get into the team???

Sanchez takes over from Mata in the free role, and floats around the pitch harassing defenders. The main difference is we'll get twice as many goals and assists, and we'll have someone that will not kill our counter attacks because he can take the ball in his stride instead of cutting inside onto his left.

IrishRedDevil

Lukaku
Martial - Lingard - Sanchez
Pogba - Matic​
Lingard will remain at No.10. His constant movement and pressing is vital to the team and now he's added goals/assists. You don't just drop that to the bench, no matter who we sign. Not the most glamorous name to put in a lineup perhaps, but he had more than earned his place.

Sanchez is more than capable of playing RW, and he easily a few levels above Mata out there. People will say RW isn't his strongest position, but it's not Mata's either yet he plays there so it's flawed logic. It will obviously be RW with a license to roam and come centrally.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Turning into british journos vs Di Marzio now. If Di Marzio's right, sky, bbc and co should probably just sack their guys and turn everything over to Di Marzio

izec

Whats the headline about?

'There’s nothing United can do to stop Sanchez going to City'
If he wants the City move, he will wait til the summer and then move for free there. We cant do anything to get him here.
Most English journos think he only wants Pep

Member 39557

If he wants the City move, he will wait til the summer and then move for free there. We cant do anything to get him here.
So it's like, Pep or Money?

WPMUFC

Whats the headline about?

'There’s nothing United can do to stop Sanchez going to City'
Simon Stone:
"I now know and other people now know that Manchester City are setting a limit they are prepared to pay arsenal...I don't think it's changed that Sanchez will leave this month and City expect him to leave this month. The question becomes is his desire to leave over playing for pep. He wants to play for pep but City are not going to budge on the fee."
The rest of the podcast is basically (ex)football players babbling on about the saga with no clue what's happening.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Right well surely if we're negotiating with Sanchez's camp then there is something we can do. Makes feck all sense.
Also, I trust Di Marzio everyday of the week over British journos who time and again left standing with cocks in their hands.

Up until Di Marzio reported it, no one had a fecking clue and they still don't.

Klopp_De_Klown

Totally agree.

He'd be our version of Hazard, which this United team is sorely lacking. A player that drags the team over the line when other players are perhaps having an off day, who can create a goal all by himself out of a moment of brilliance. He's the player that defenders give extra attention, thus giving that extra yard or two of space to the other attackers.
double teamed

Castia

Pep or money...when their whole club and recent winning history is built from a Saudi billionaire, the media acts like they're the good guys.

WPMUFC

Pep or money...when their whole club and recent winning history is built from a Saudi billionaire, the media acts like they're the good guys.
The reason everyone is saying "pep or money" is because it's a direct Man City briefing to the press. Of course they are going to make themselves look like the good guys.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Yea because Van Djik is joining Liverpool for the project. The project that after 3 years is still yet to look even the slightest bit threatening.
To be fair, if Liverpool sort out their defense and keeper, they could genuinely be threats and. VVD is the first step towards that.

Womp

idiot
To be fair, if Liverpool sort out their defense and keeper, they could genuinely be threats and. VVD is the first step towards that.
Same could be said about strengthening a few positions with us too. Yet with us it's only money, with them it's the project.

Mr Smith

Especially given the only reason they have Pep in the first place is because of that Saudi money.

minoo-utd

Never underestimate Jose in the transfers he works really hard in the back rooms, if we still have LVG he would be sleeping long time ago then wake up and sign back Shneiderlin. Just hope ED do what it takes to make things happen.

Macern

Pee pee pants
One thing is for certain, if Alexis does not feature this weekend, he has already signed. So, lets wait and see.

Second, why would he go to Man City if we offer him more money? When it feckin rains at OT it pours in Emptyhand.

Finally, I noticed that a lot of pundits would hate to see him come to Utd. So just for that reason alone, please God make it happen.
1. How can you claim that? De Gea didn’t play for us when he was rumoured to go to Real in august 2015.

2. Because they’ll win the league and are a much better side right now?

kirk buttercup

Maybe it's just me but I have always liked when the media make us out to be the bad guys . Let City be pure in the press and let the Red Devils rise from the ashes . Hated adored never ignored.

Reactions: SteveJ

MassiveMorgan

Isn’t it best to wait until we have some solid evidence of this being anything substantial? Before debates about how and if to play Mata? He’s far closer to signing for City as they will have approached him early- they don’t exactly care about potential fines etc. Just can’t wait til the Oil bastards get bored and pull the plug and City will be soon back to whinging from our shadow, where they belong

podurban2

Let’s not give Ballbag the honor of being refered to as ”the media”.

Status
Not open for further replies.