Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
i expect this to be locked next time i check it (lunchtime). Great banter, especially yesterday, best thread ever,

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Don't you have lawyer contacts in firms who would be involved in this transfer?
I know a guy who worked as a secondee in house at United and one of their counsel through LinkedIn who I've spoken to like once or twice but lawyers are all about confidentiality haha.. doubt they'll risk their career to give me inside goss on Sanchez!

Solo Toure

It's wierd, this saga has only really been going on for less than 2 weeks compared to Pogba which pretty sure took like 2 months to get announced, yet this one feels just as long. I think we're all a bit tired because we all feel like the club could have rushed it and at least made a "pending medical" announcement.
Seems like today is the day though!
I truly hope so, I can’t stand seeing another tweet with “48 hours”, just want the announcement made then I can get back to my life. :houllier:

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
I know a guy who worked as a secondee in house at United and one of their counsel through LinkedIn who I've spoken to like once or twice but lawyers are all about confidentiality haha.. doubt they'll risk their career to give me inside goss on Sanchez!
Understand that. But I don't know a single lawyer who doesn't like to gossip :lol:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-of-defender-eric-bailly-from-villarreal.aspx

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Eric Bertrand Bailly has completed his transfer from Villarreal CF, subject to successfully obtaining a work permit. Eric joins on a four-year contract with the option to extend for a further two years.

Here we go. Work Permit isn't necessary if we want to announce it.
Indeed. Clearly we are just waiting until Arsenal are in a position to announce. Simply because we can't announce Sanchez without saying MKhitaryan goes the other way.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
This will be today.
Also, in the summer, I need to ban myself from this section of the forum, I can't keep putting myself through these, it's taking time off my life.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-of-defender-eric-bailly-from-villarreal.aspx

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Eric Bertrand Bailly has completed his transfer from Villarreal CF, subject to successfully obtaining a work permit. Eric joins on a four-year contract with the option to extend for a further two years.

Here we go. Work Permit isn't necessary if we want to announce it.
He came from a different country, UK has stricter laws so it was subject to Work permit. I think Sanchez transfer is too big to make even a slightest of feck up. The club will confirm it when it is 100% done, even though its 99% done already, it will be announced once he fills in the paperwork. I think meanwhile united want the social media drive to carry on for as long as possible, then deliver a good promotional video and Interview, all of this so as to keep the talk going. Even though pool have sold Coutinho for a record, Chelsea are chasing shitty deals, yet all the talk is united. Its been talked about more than some actual games.

Ajay Cyril

Craig Norwood: The final piece for the Alexis Sánchez transfer to #MUFC is to be completed today, he has to travel out of Manchester to fill in paperwork for an updated work permit. Then all done.

Need 5 likes to actually post embedded tweets :|

Are we finally there?

Norris

We can announce pending the work permit.
Of course. We could have also announced prior to a medical or contract being signed as well. I meant, I had a feeling that WP would take a bit of time and he would be ineligible for the Burnley game anyways. It turned out Raiola stretched the deal as well.

I think Both Mkhi and Sanchez deal will be announced around the same time seeing as this is a straight swap.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
God that's awful. Especially the part where they try to spin Arsene's words into him blasting the move to United as opposed to City when he in fact did the opposite and said United was a good choice since they at the very least had made their own money, unlikely clubs like City.
Yeap,it's nuts the amount of negative press we have got from the journos over this transfer when there were other worse culprits.

Last edited:

babyelephant

It is sanchez day today! .. oh i hope...

He is eligible for champion league am i right? also, i hope he plays on Friday FA cup :)

Twitter is all about Sanchez. Definitely the best January transfer in Premier League. Who ever decided to bring him in is a genius!

midnightmare

There's been so few upsets this season in the CL, I just can't see us having enough this year to win it. Looking at the last 16 fixtures you would expect all the big sides to progress, aside from one of Real/PSG. And that's assuming we get past Sevilla over two legs.

Semi-finals would be awesome and I'd hope Sanchez would provide us with enough of a filip to achieve that.
Ummm...we are a "big side". We'll get better as the season goes on and if we go deeper and City don't slip in the league, I wouldn't put it past Jose to prioritize the CL. With Bailly to return, we can rely on our defence maintaining some solidity and adding Sanchez could give us the fillip we need in attack. If we win the CL, quote me:cool:. If we lose, don't dare bring this up! :o

Foundations. Remember LVG’s foundations!
Feck! Given the insane thread on this, how could we forget? He's left foundations that've taken us 18 months to get past!

el3mel

It will be announced today no doubt.

Hoping for a legendary announcement, something Pogba's level. :drool:

Drawfull

Ummm...we are a "big side".
Yeah I worded it badly. I meant all the big sides should go through, which includes us, assuming we will beat Sevilla who've dropped off a cliff recently.

Good point re the league vs CL and Jose's thoughts, considering he did the same last season, but I still can't see it as much as I want to think we could. Maybe I'm overly-pessimistic.

But as long as it's not City, I'm happy to let our new team gel further for a few months and go all guns blazing for the lot next time around.

M4YON

100% all his photoshoot and other media related stuff would have been done yesterday especially since that photo of him was leaked.

We're literally just waiting for his work permit papers to be finished.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Club has been weird about this.
We have announced signings "subject to medical" and also "subject to work permit issues", this time it seems like we want to check all the boxes before making any official statement.

Micky Targaryen

Pogba's announcement hashtag was #Pogback. Wonder what Sanchez's will be?

Just hoping it won't be as cringe as Chelsea's Rudiger announcement. Actually nah, no one can out-cringe that. :lol:

el3mel

100% all his photoshoot and other media related stuff would have been done yesterday especially since that photo of him was leaked.

We're literally just waiting for his work permit papers to be finished.
That has been reported yesterday. He has finished all his photos and videos with the medical and is just working on Hi work permit. Everything is ready to be announced we're just waiting.

el3mel

Pogba's announcement hashtag was #Pogback. Wonder what Sanchez's will be?

Just hoping it won't be as cringe as Chelsea's Rudiger announcement. Actually nah, no one can out-cringe that. :lol:
Pogba's announcement was the best I have seen from our official account. Hope Sanchez one will be on a similar level after all this waiting.

Drawfull

Club has been weird about this.
We have announced signings "subject to medical" and also "subject to work permit issues", this time it seems like we want to check all the boxes before making any official statement.
Think it's more to do with the magnitude of the signing that we'd want everything done together for the media push. I'm probably wrong, but only the smaller signings recently have been announced subject to medical/personal terms/permits and so on.

el3mel

Think it's more to do with the magnitude of the signing that we'd want everything done together for the media push. I'm probably wrong, but only the smaller signings recently have been announced subject to medical/personal terms/permits and so on.
No. We announced Lukaku subject to medical though.

It's the club's choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.