Alexis Sanchez | Udinese: No Deal Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Okay. So Jan is gone. Lets wait for the summer.
There's no need, we do the majority of our business outside of the transfer windows, it may be done in the next week.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I dont think that we'll get him or that we need him. Ok he is good and versatile but let's face, we are talking here about a 25m signing for a right footed winger whose more comfortable upfront. Do we need that?

Gambit

I dont think that we'll get him or that we need him. Ok he is good and versatile but let's face, we are talking here about a 25m signing for a right footed winger whose more comfortable upfront. Do we need that?
Nope we don't need him, but apparently we've contacted them (udinese) with regards to him.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I m thinking this deal ain't going to happen either. Nani did well on the left against Southampton. I know they are not a strong team but he still did well. With Valencia on the right and Nani on the left, I really don't see a place for Sanchez in our side.

And we will still have Park and Giggs next season as well. We have enough strikers as well and he is certainly not the player who can play straight down the middle like a central midfielder.

Gambit

I only expect us to sign a goalie and Sotiris Ninis.

Gambit

I prefer Hamsik to Ninis.
as do I at the moment, I think everyone on this site knows my feelings towards Hamsik ( who had a belter of a match against Sampdoria, Cavani got the headlines, Hamsik directed the show), he is a player who could come in a do a job for us straight away and become mr consistent, but I believe Ninis could be a bit special, as in very, very special.

RDCR07

Goal said that SAF sent a letter to Defour and that Fletcher got jealous or something of that kind.
SAF sending a letter to Defour is true but I m not sure about Fletcher getting jealous thing. This letter thing happened almost a year ago. I think it was last Feb-March was when Defour got injured.

Cold_Boy

I m thinking this deal ain't going to happen either. Nani did well on the left against Southampton. I know they are not a strong team but he still did well. With Valencia on the right and Nani on the left, I really don't see a place for Sanchez in our side.

And we will still have Park and Giggs next season as well. We have enough strikers as well and he is certainly not the player who can play straight down the middle like a central midfielder.
Sanchez is quite better than Valencia.

Giggs will be gone in a year.

Phil

I'd really like to see him sign.

For no reason other than he reminds me of 05/06 Ronaldo.

Devil may care

Sanchez is more versatile than Valencia but that is besides the point, he is a very special talent, it would be a shame if we didn't follow through on our interest, he's made for Manchester United IMO.

Cina

Sorry, what I meant was he has much more potential than Valencia.
Yep. He has more potential than pretty much any other winger in the world that's his age. He's a very special talent. I want him.

He's right footed though and in a position where we're fairly well stocked. I doubt it will happen.

RDCR07

Sanchez is quite better than Valencia.

Giggs will be gone in a year.
Yeah Giggs will be retire at the end of next season. So we don't have to sign him for another year. He can't play regularly if we sign him in the summer. We will have Nani, Valencia, Obertan, Giggs, Park, Bebe and then Sanchez. I know Sanchez is going to be a better player than Valencia but there is no use spending 25m on him this summer.

Gambit

Goal said that SAF sent a letter to Defour and that Fletcher got jealous or something of that kind.
Steven Defour also said that sir Alex sent him a keep your chin up letter after a nasty knock he took and that he'd be following his career. That wasn't a we're coming to get you letter. Udinese chief confirmed that Manchester United have made enquiries about the availability of Sanchez, very different things.

Gambit

gamibit, don't let him convince you so easily like that. 3 times as much because thats how valuable he would be to any team and he only deserves parity of wages as a result. He was made for United damnit! :mad:
He was, chances of him coming with our we buy potential players for value make it a very unlikely scenario. Still I will keep burning the candle.

Gambit

Why "by a mile" ?
Because when I've seen Sanchez in various games be the main force of the side's attack. All the times I have seen Hazard he has been as effective as Quaresma. When the opposition have contained Chile or Udinese, Sanchez has still been a very real threat throughout the game and able to create something out of nothing. When I've seen Lille being contained, Hazard is ineffectual.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Because when I've seen Sanchez in various games be the main force of the side's attack. All the times I have seen Hazard he has been as effective as Quaresma. When the opposition have contained Chile or Udinese, Sanchez has still been a very real threat throughout the game and able to create something out of nothing. When I've seen Lille being contained, Hazard is ineffectual.
I agree with your description of Sanchez but about Hazard I suggest you to watch more matches.He started slowly this season but since the last 2-3 months he has carried (with Sow) Lille to the first place in the league.
Hazard is currently a lot better than Quaresma has ever been, the comparison just indicates me you haven't watched enough of him

Gambit

I agree with your description of Sanchez but about Hazard I suggest you to watch more matches.He started slowly this season but since the last 2-3 months he has carried (with Sow) Lille to the first place in the league.
Hazard is currently a lot better than Quaresma has ever been, the comparison just indicates me you haven't watched enough of him
Seen him about 10 times over the last 2 seasons so your probably right I haven't seen enough.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Seen him about 10 times over the last 2 seasons so your probably right I haven't seen enough.
That should be enough to notice that he makes a lot of bad choices. Frustrating player. Huge potential though. Fantastic pace and acceleration (obviously more of that than Hazard), but all in all I would prefer Hazard ten out of ten. To compare Hazard with Quaresma, and in the next moment praise Sanchez, is just stupid.

Gambit

That should be enough to notice that he makes a lot of bad choices. Frustrating player. Huge potential though. Fantastic pace and acceleration (obviously more of that than Hazard), but all in all I would prefer Hazard ten out of ten. To compare Hazard with Quaresma, and in the next moment praise Sanchez, is just stupid.
Hold on, who are you talking about, your agreeing with me then disagreeing?

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Yeah Giggs will be retire at the end of next season. So we don't have to sign him for another year. He can't play regularly if we sign him in the summer. We will have Nani, Valencia, Obertan, Giggs, Park, Bebe and then Sanchez. I know Sanchez is going to be a better player than Valencia but there is no use spending 25m on him this summer.

Course there is, Giggs wont play constantly, and if anything might play less. You can't just sign a player immediately when you need them. How about a season to bed in, how about Giggs taking a back seat? How about the fact he might not be available the summer?

It's about having some foresight.

devilish

Steven Defour also said that sir Alex sent him a keep your chin up letter after a nasty knock he took and that he'd be following his career. That wasn't a we're coming to get you letter. Udinese chief confirmed that Manchester United have made enquiries about the availability of Sanchez, very different things.
Udinese are a selling club gambit. What makes you think that they haven't said that to arise interest from other clubs and who knows, maybe create an auction?

RDCR07

Udinese are a selling club gambit. What makes you think that they haven't said that to arise interest from other clubs and who knows, maybe create an auction?
That is true. I heard Tim Vickery say once that Udinese buy a lot of players from South America and hope at least one of them make it big and get them some transfer fees.

Gambit

More than likely, It is known that he's now on Inters and Cities radar but we have been linked with him for a few seasons now and we do seem to be his preffered choice.

RDCR07

More than likely, It is known that he's now on Inters and Cities radar but we have been linked with him for a few seasons now and we do seem to be his preffered choice.
Well we have heard that before haven't we? It doesn't always turn out that way though. Suarez said in November he would not play for any PL side other than United.

Gambit

Well we have heard that before haven't we? It doesn't always turn out that way though. Suarez said in November he would not play for any PL side other than United.
I know. I don't see any place for him in the team once Valencia is fit. As I said I only expect a goalkeeper and Ninis.

Devil may care

The fact Fergie even talked about this player surprised me. He will go in the summer, I just hope it is to us.

devilish

That is true. I heard Tim Vickery say once that Udinese buy a lot of players from South America and hope at least one of them make it big and get them some transfer fees.
I've been following them for quite some time and I can confirm what Vickery said. They have to sell players every year to balance the books. An auction between United, City, Inter and Chelsea for one of their players would be their wet dream.

Gambit

I've been following them for quite some time and I can confirm what Vickery said. They have to sell players every year to balance the books. An auction between United, City, Inter and Chelsea for one of their players would be their wet dream.
Looks like their dream will coming true.

Status
Not open for further replies.