All Ronaldo fanboys

anver

Shart stop
Agree with Pogue 100%. The moment a player leaves United, I dont give a toss what he does for the other side.

Appreciate Ronaldo's talents, and loved him when he played for United. But now?

Good luck to him is all I can say.

Yassir

I'm very gutted because I thought he'd be here for another year at least. He's a complete tosser for saying all those positive things about staying just before the final and then leaving anyway. One of the most gifted players at United we've ever had but he can not and will not be seen as a legend.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well said and true.

People seem to relate, or respond well to certain aspects of players games, and thus the players. For example (and I was typing this before I even read down to where you named these players) you could tell just by your attitude that you appreciate the O'Shea, Fletcher and Rooney types.

My favourite current players at Arsenal are Clichy and Sagna. Mainly because Clichy gives 110% each game, and you can see him putting in the 1%er efforts, the last ditch tackles and the gut running. As for Sagna well he gets on with his game with little fanfare, does his job week in week out and works his socks off for the side.

And it's fair to say some supports just love the club that little bit more than others, though I think this may come with years of support and going through both the good times and the bad. The newer generation of fans - ie the influx of fans that were lured to the club thanks to the likes of Ronaldo - are, and have been, spoilt for success. They can't relate to the struggling club, the constantly upset supporters and nor would most of them have the stomach for it. After years of supporting the club you'd like to think things would change there, but it's down to the individual.
Exactly mate, good post.

It's one of the problems of supporting United (and, presumably, Arsenal) in recent years. Recently acquired supporters who think a tough season is some kind of personal insult and who are only interested in worshipping super-stars, rather than appreciating the lesser lights who might be technically limited but who eat, sleep and breath United, just like us fans.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Exactly mate, good post.

It's one of the problems of supporting United (and, presumably, Arsenal) in recent years. An influx of fans who don't know what it's like to endure a genuinely tough season and who prefer to worship super-stars, rather than appreciating the lesser lights who might be technically limited but who eat, sleep and breath United, just like us fans.
Sorry, I just don't agree with that. Having grown up in the 80s and endured the Scouse dominance. Nothing matter more to me than United's results, hence why Ronaldo was my favourite player for the last few seasons and Ruud before that. They are the players who play the biggest part.

KSA - ManUtd

The Ronaldo fanboys will still be here next season, and any time we have a slight problem attacking-wise no doubt they'll come out with 'Well, we probably shouldn't have sold the BPITW then, should we'.

No doubt.

Either that or ''With £80m we should've bought (enter fancy name) who I also happen to be in his fanclub and was a success when I bought him in FM''

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
There have been very few players I've followed once they leave United.

In fact, I take more notice of young players released by United than the more established players. Denis Law, and Paul McGrath being the exceptions.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
I thought Cal once said he started supporting Man utd around 2001ish, no way has he supported since the Eighties. You can tell the old time supporters from a mile away.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I thought Cal once said he started supporting Man utd around 2001ish, no way has he supported since the Eighties. You can tell the old time supporters from a mile away.
I know you thought wrong.

Not everyone who has watched football for decades are sentimental.

anver

Shart stop
The whole bloody cafe was asleep for the past ten days. The bloody thing has erupted. Even the cool and calm Sults has cast a couple of stones.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I'd love to dig up some quotes from the Ronaldo thread last year. I recall myself and many others being slaughtered by these 'fanbois' whenever we posted something negative about Ronaldo.

Cold_Boy

I was supporting him till he was a United player.

But now I would like to say "feck off Ronaldo".

I am shocked.He said he wanted to stay here for many years and now puts in a request?

Fcking Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime!

Cold_Boy

I'm very gutted because I thought he'd be here for another year at least. He's a complete tosser for saying all those positive things about staying just before the final and then leaving anyway. One of the most gifted players at United we've ever had but he can not and will not be seen as a legend.
Exactly what I am thinking.

KOV

Melbourne! Was at Old Trafford for UNITED 5 Spurs
Agree with Pogue 100%. The moment a player leaves United, I dont give a toss what he does for the other side.

so true mate he will be forgotten just like beckham ,rudd etc

good luck to him and im 110% the grass is not greener on the other side..

Cold_Boy

Agreed.

I hope he flops at Real Madrid in a big way.And so does Kaka.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
no player is bigger than the club. ronaldo fans can start supporting madrid and feck off from here.

man utd > all

F-Red

I'd love to dig up some quotes from the Ronaldo thread last year. I recall myself and many others being slaughtered by these 'fanbois' whenever we posted something negative about Ronaldo.
I got castrated by the fan boys in the newbies when i called Ronaldo on walking off the pitch during the Sunderland game last season. All the skill in the world means nothing if you can play in a team. I think you'll find the dynamics of the squad will be for the better once he goes, no more egos to deal with.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
This was my main reason for starting the thread.

Dyslexic Untied

Please do.

"I can`t believe so called United fans don`t believe Ronaldo now"

"He says he wants to stay.... what more do you need?"

"It is now clear that Ronaldo wants to stay"

etc.etc.etc.

VP

Does anyone know when the CR7 Madrid shirt will be released?

Cal?

CR7 fan
What is your problem with Messi? :lol:
I don't like his holier than thou attitude, his comments just before the CL final about them playing football "the right way", about them being the "neutral's choice", etc...

Paul Scholes

I am so happy we sold Ronaldo. Since last summer when he was playing with us i never wanted him in the team anymore.

Thank you SAF for selling him

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
We all knew he would leave eventually. Just because he has now left, it doesn't give people the green light to make negative posts about him - not without looking like gimps, anyway.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We all knew he would leave eventually. Just because he has now left, it doesn't give people the green light to make negative posts about him - not without looking like gimps, anyway.
When the official club statement says Ronaldo has asked to leave again it certainly puts last season's shenanigans in perspective. Which is why the people who really look like gimps are those who claimed he didn't try to feck off last summer.

VP

Not a chance. The no 7 shirt is Raul's as long as he wants it.
This is Madrid we're talking about. I'm sure they'd dump a true legend so that they can appease a galatico.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I don't like his holier than thou attitude, his comments just before the CL final about them playing football "the right way", about them being the "neutral's choice", etc...
So, as a result of those two sentences or so, you want Real Madrid (yes, Real Madrid!) to win the league next year, despite being one of the most detestable clubs in world football, and also in spite of having Gabriel Heinze in their squad.

Ok.