All Ronaldo fanboys

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
Exactly the type of person I'm thinking about.

People who assume that other posters "like" or "dislike" players. What the feck is all that about? Why can't people get theire head around United fans who couldn't give a shit about individuals and only "like" the club.

I don't like or dislike any members of our squad. I think some of them attract undue criticism, others get their overall contribution over-rated. Some make me proud watching them play, others make me cringe.

None of them are bigger than the club and I'll be supporting United long after all of them have hung up their boots. Chances are the same can't be said for a proportion of the members of redcafe. Oh well. No great loss.
Fans are entitled to have favourite players, be it for personality, what they do on the pitch or any other reason. Yes the club comes first but fans will always like some players more than others.

The thing about Ronaldo fanboys which i found baffling was that they couldnt take anything bad that was said about him, despite how he acted or performed a bad word about him was not allowed ever, which is just wierd.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
All fanboys please read United's statement.

Ronaldo wished to part company.

I would much rather have players who respect the club, the manager, and the fans.

I've seen United relegated. I would say I loved the club during those time a lot more.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
The Ronaldo fanboys will still be here next season, and any time we have a slight problem attacking-wise no doubt they'll come out with 'Well, we probably shouldn't have sold the BPITW then, should we'.

No doubt.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Exactly the type of person I'm thinking about.

People who assume that other posters "like" or "dislike" players. What the feck is all that about? Why can't people get theire head around United fans who couldn't give a shit about individuals and only "like" the club.

I don't like or dislike any members of our squad. I think some of them attract undue criticism, others get their overall contribution over-rated. Some make me proud watching them play, others make me cringe (thankfully the former happens much more often than the later).

None of them are bigger than the club and I'll be supporting United long after all of them have hung up their boots. Chances are the same can't be said for a proportion of the members of redcafe. Oh well. No great loss.
So you're saying you like every single United player the same? How come you said you were a lot more upset when Beckham & Ruud left?

A lot of United fans had an irrational dislike of Ronaldo, this despite of the fact that he was the biggest reason why we're now at 18-3 rather than 15-2.

I do agree with your last paragraph though.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
The Ronaldo fanboys will still be here next season, and any time we have a slight problem attacking-wise no doubt they'll come out with 'Well, we probably shouldn't have sold the BPITW then, should we'.

No doubt.
This is arguably the worst part of Ronaldo leaving for me. It just won't be from the fanboys either, the media will be critical from now on as well.

Cal?

CR7 fan
He'll never be as good for them as he was for United.

Kaka will be the best player in that team.
There you go, throwing your opinions around like they will become facts.

Here's to hoping Real Madrdi win the Spanish double and make the CL final at the Bernabeu, only to lose to United.

Whilst Barca & Messi fail miserably the whole season.

Brwned

He'll never be as good for them as he was for United.

Kaka will be the best player in that team.
That'd be fun.

Cal? would flip out.

Dippersripper will flip out when Ronaldo doesn't even score 40 goals either, since he repeatedly said he'd score 50 in such a poor league defensively. So did a few others.

I'd be surprised if he got more than 30.

Sultan

No doubt.
That will be a big problem.

I also happen to think it will give the squad a big incentive to prove a lot of people wrong.

Next years Premiership trophy win will be the sweetest ever. :D

PTME

Reserve Team Player
He was one of the greatest players this club has ever seen. Arguably even its most talented. He was a great servant to the club and should be treated as such. Is he a deeply flawed genius? Yes but so was Georgie Best.

The hate fest here from those so called United fans is sickening. You and your peronal agenda can feck right off.

Thanks Ronald for the memories and...

COME ON UNITED!

PTME

Brwned

That will be a big problem.

I also happen to think it will give the squad a big incentive to prove a lot of people wrong.

Next years Premiership trophy win will be the sweetest ever. :D
Hope so, just like 06/07.

1. Lose your main goalscorer.

2. Replace him with a worse player individually but a better team player.

3. Win the league playing the best football we've seen in years.

:D

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So you're saying you like every single United player the same? How come you said you were a lot more upset when Beckham & Ruud left?
I was upset when Ruud and Beckham left because, at the time, I thought they both wanted to stay and play for United (this was before I found out about Ruud putting in all those transfer requests) I found it painful to think about such great players moving on, when they still wanted to stay and contribute (and their contribution back then was just as important as Ronaldo's is now)

Ronaldo wants to leave. He wanted to leave last season. He got his wish today. When that happens I'm really not too bothered.

Cal?

CR7 fan
He was one of the greatest players this club has ever seen. Arguably even its most talented. He was a great servant to the club and should be treated as such. Is he a deeply flawed genius? Yes but so was Georgie Best.

The hate fest here from those so called United fans is sickening. You and your peronal agenda can feck right off.

Thanks Ronald for the memories and...

COME ON UNITED!

PTME
Well said.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I was upset when Ruud and Beckham left because, at the time, I thought they both wanted to stay and play for United (this was before I found out about Ruud putting in all those transfer requests) I found it painful to think about such great players moving on, when they still wanted to stay and contribute (and their contribution back then was just as important as Ronaldo's is now)

Ronaldo wants to leave. He wanted to leave last season. He got his wish today. When that happens I'm really not too bothered.
Interesting... I'm just upset we've sold the best player in the world.

But as many people have said:

Thanks Cristiano for all the trophies and memories, hope we see you some time in May at the Bernabeu.

Come on United!!!

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Pogue as far as all this is concerned, it seems to me Ronaldo's really rubbed you up the wrong way, which is fair enough after these last few off-seasons. And whilst you're definitely right about the club over individual comments, it's hard not to feel almost attatched to certain players, it's natural in fact.

I feel attatched to Pires, who is far and away my favourite player ever. Same too Henry, a player who really goes without saying - both players I'm extremely happy to see succeed in their various endevours. I can feel the same will apply for Arshavin now too.

It'd only be natural for certain supporters to follow Ronaldo's path while he's over at Madrid. The fact that nearly everyone hates Real might be curbed a little by their fondness for Ronaldo. I loved Barca up until they defeated us in that Final, where I started to hate them. Henry then moved across and I'm obviously quite happy to see them succeed (if only because of him).

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Hope so, just like 06/07.

1. Lose your main goalscorer.

2. Replace him with a worse player individually but a better team player.

3. Win the league playing the best football we've seen in years.

:D
How I would love that..

FranklyVulgar

There you go, throwing your opinions around like they will become facts.

Here's to hoping Real Madrdi win the Spanish double and make the CL final at the Bernabeu, only to lose to United.

Whilst Barca & Messi fail miserably the whole season.
:lol:

I love the fact you've been preparing for this moment for so long, already establishing your hatred for Barca so that you can support madrid, the very team who are responsible for ROnaldo leaving your own club...

you are a strange case Cal? a very strange case indeed.

That'd be fun.

Cal? would flip out.

Dippersripper will flip out when Ronaldo doesn't even score 40 goals either, since he repeatedly said he'd score 50 in such a poor league defensively. So did a few others.

I'd be surprised if he got more than 30.
La Liga is championship after all and a terrible terrible league in the eyes of dippersripper.

I wonder if he'll start watching it now?

Oh and Ronaldo will be a success, he'll never repeat his 40 goal season unless they make him an out and out striker. And yeah anything less than 50 in his debut season and it's a failure :lol:

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I can see where Sultan is coming from actually.

There is definitely a certain type of new breed United supporter (and a lot on this board) who get so wrapped up in their support of individual players that they forget about the bigger picture and the fact that the rest of us only care about the club. Ronaldo, more than any other player I can think of, attracts these people in hordes.

If Ronaldo's departure means a proportion of these people lose interest in United and/or Redcafe then I think that's a very healthy cull.

I was gutted when Beckham left. Ruud too. For some reason the departure of Ronaldo doesn't bother me anywhere near as much. No more will he/won't he flirting with Madrid, no more cringe-making tantrums on the pitch and no more pointless BPITW arguments on this place (well, a lot less, anyway)

He's a cracking player and I've enjoyed watching him play for United but he comes across as a bit of a cock on the pitch, has legions of rather irritating fans and I'm considerably less bothered about his departure than I thought I would be. Legend my arse.
Absolutely, excellent post. Nothing annoys me more than the sort of fan that will underplay the achievements of other players just to praise Ronaldo. Marchi-91 is one, and Cal is another. Unfortunately, these are the type of 'fans' that modern football is producing, and hopefully this transfer will go a long way to exposing and removing the CR7 brigade.

It's become something of a cliche, but United are far bigger than Ronaldo will ever be. If he wants out, then fine, he won't be missed by me. He's been a fecking amazing footballer for us, but he is by no means the most important man in the club, or even the squad. Been a bit gutted recently that the season has come to an end, but I simply can't wait for next year now.

FranklyVulgar

Pogue as far as all this is concerned, it seems to me Ronaldo's really rubbed you up the wrong way, which is fair enough after these last few off-seasons. And whilst you're definitely right about the club over individual comments, it's hard not to feel almost attatched to certain players, it's natural in fact.

I feel attatched to Pires, who is far and away my favourite player ever. Same too Henry, a player who really goes without saying - both players I'm extremely happy to see succeed in their various endevours. I can feel the same will apply for Arshavin now too.

It'd only be natural for certain supporters to follow Ronaldo's path while he's over at Madrid. The fact that nearly everyone hates Real might be curbed a little by their fondness for Ronaldo. I loved Barca up until they defeated us in that Final, where I started to hate them. Henry then moved across and I'm obviously quite happy to see them succeed (if only because of him).
I agree with this, it is natural to favour certain individuals.

When players or managers are interviewed often they will be asked who their favourites are or who they admired as players and they dont often say, no-one, i liked them all in the team i supported, that is all.

I loved Maldini and Baggio when i was a boy and players for my own team who no-one here would know and i still have favourite players who arent the best in the world.

Brwned

La Liga is championship after all and a terrible terrible league in the eyes of dippersripper.

Oh and Ronaldo will be a success, he'll never repeat his 40 goal season unless they make him an out and out striker. And yeah anything less than 50 in his debut season and it's a failure :lol:
Yep.

The weird thing about him is he watched loads of La Liga, any time a defender made a mistake he was in that thread laughing about it. I mean, if it was such a rubbish league why bother watching it.

I think he'll be a success individually, and should be able to play brilliantly well with Kaka(and maybe Villa) but I'm not sure how successful Madrid as a team will be.

Sultan

I hope Barca win the Spanish double, and we meet Barca in the Champions league final.

Cal?

CR7 fan

I love the fact you've been preparing for this moment for so long, already establishing your hatred for Barca so that you can support madrid, the very team who are responsible for ROnaldo leaving your own club...

Err... as I've pointed out time and again, I've disliked Barcelona for a long time, it's not something "new" like you've made up.

As for Ronaldo at Real Madrid, I'm more than certain he'll outscore Messi, wanna bet?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Absolutely, excellent post. Nothing annoys me more than the sort of fan that will underplay the achievements of other players just to praise Ronaldo. Marchi-91 is one, and Cal is another. Unfortunately, these are the type of 'fans' that modern football is producing, and hopefully this transfer will go a long way to exposing and removing the CR7 brigade.

It's become something of a cliche, but United are far bigger than Ronaldo will ever be. If he wants out, then fine, he won't be missed by me. He's been a fecking amazing footballer for us, but he is by no means the most important man in the club, or even the squad. Been a bit gutted recently that the season has come to an end, but I simply can't wait for next year now.
When did I "underplay the achievements of other players just to praise Ronaldo"?? :mad:

If you don't think he played a big part in us going from 15-2 to 18-3, you're as deluded as the Scousers.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
To be honest, i don't have a problem with Ronnie going to Real. I'm sure a lot of kids growing up in that region dream of playing there when they grow up. He's been good for us, as have we for him, and in the end, 80m is a fee that will likewise be good for us.

Secondly, the spectacle of a 2nd Galactico era at Real is quite exciting. I think Ronnie could knock in 40 plus goals in La Liga and also bring about a resurgence of the old Kaka.

We'll buy a couple of expensive players and march on to compete for another league.

Everyone is a winner in this.

Count Duckula

To be fair, I prefer Madrid over Barcelona and I always have done. This won't change my mind. Doesn't mean I'm some sort of Ronaldo fan boy, mind, it just means I hope that this spending spree wins Madrid La Liga over the Catalans.

B Cantona

Desperate

My name is Brad from the internet, and I officially endorse this message

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Yeah, fair point. It's natural to feel a certain affinity with some players more than others. Ronaldo has always been quite irritating, with his play-acting and occasionally selfish play on the pitch. So yeah, he's not someone I'm particularly fond of. Like I said a few posts back. I feel proud watching most United players play but there's been occasions when one or two of them (including Ronaldo) have made me cringe.

As far as "liking" players goes, I do tend to rate players who obviously care the most passionately about the club. Players who will put their United career ahead of their international ambitions and players who put the needs of the team ahead of their own preferences (Rooney and Fletcher playing out wide, O'Shea playing wherever he's asked)

With all players though, as soon as they leave United I lose all interest. I genuinely didn't give a toss, one way or another, when Beckham and Ruud won La Liga.

Cal?

CR7 fan
To be fair, I prefer Madrid over Barcelona and I always have done. This won't change my mind. Doesn't mean I'm some sort of Ronaldo fan boy, mind, it just means I hope that this spending spree wins Madrid La Liga over the Catalans.
FV seems to struggle with the concept that some people actually don't like Barcelona.

KSA - ManUtd

There were some pethetic posts defending his actions since the previous summer.

Just wanna say that I'll be looking at the bright side just as I did when Becks left, all those ''supporters'' who will feck off.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I hope Barca win the Spanish double, and we meet Barca in the Champions league final.
Aye.. I have always been a Barca guy over Real.. I don't see that changing anytime soon!

RK

Damn those fanboys and their persistent supporting of United's players no matter what! :mad:

Damn them all to hell.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, fair point. It's natural to feel a certain affinity with some players more than others. Ronaldo has always been quite irritating, with his play-acting and occasionally selfish play on the pitch. So yeah, he's not someone I'm particularly fond of. Like I said a few posts back. I feel proud watching most United players play but there's been occasions when one or two of them (including Ronaldo) have made me cringe.

As far as "liking" players goes, I do tend to rate players who obviously care the most passionately about the club. Players who will put their United career ahead of their international ambitions and players who put the needs of the team ahead of their own preferences (Rooney and Fletcher playing out wide, O'Shea playing wherever he's asked)

With all players though, as soon as they leave United I lose all interest. I genuinely didn't give a toss, one way or another, when Beckham and Ruud won La Liga.
Well said and true.

People seem to relate, or respond well to certain aspects of players games, and thus the players. For example (and I was typing this before I even read down to where you named these players) you could tell just by your attitude that you appreciate the O'Shea, Fletcher and Rooney types.

My favourite current players at Arsenal are Clichy and Sagna. Mainly because Clichy gives 110% each game, and you can see him putting in the 1%er efforts, the last ditch tackles and the gut running. As for Sagna well he gets on with his game with little fanfare, does his job week in week out and works his socks off for the side.

And it's fair to say some supports just love the club that little bit more than others, though I think this may come with years of support and going through both the good times and the bad. The newer generation of fans - ie the influx of fans that were lured to the club thanks to the likes of Ronaldo - are, and have been, spoilt for success. They can't relate to the struggling club, the constantly upset supporters and nor would most of them have the stomach for it. After years of supporting the club you'd like to think things would change there, but it's down to the individual.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
All fanboys please read United's statement.

Ronaldo wished to part company.

I would much rather have players who respect the club, the manager, and the fans.

I've seen United relegated. I would say I loved the club during those time a lot more.
So you're bitter towards Ronaldo, then?

'kinell. I've not had a chance to read the threads/posts on this yet, but I hope not everyone has the same views as you.

Just because he wanted to try somewhere else, it doesn't mean he has no respect for the club, fans and manager.