All ticket/travel information thread - 2010/11: Touting will not be tolerated

I'm always right

I offered you a ticket for this weeks ago, but you never replied!
Did I not reply? very rude of me, and very unlike me. Sorry.

I got myself sorted with a ticket a few weeks back through the caf, but the late post was for my little brother who's game got cancelled that day and he decided that he wanted to come.

99redballoons sorted my little brother out though so all was good.

RonaldoVII

Has anyone had any experience with the Thomas Cook coaches from Old Trafford for away games? £35 for the Chelsea game in the CL seems cheap to me, they do bring you back, right? :nervous:

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
Has anyone had any experience with the Thomas Cook coaches from Old Trafford for away games? £35 for the Chelsea game in the CL seems cheap to me, they do bring you back, right? [quote/]

Have you applied for or been on any euro aways this season?

phelans shorts

Has anyone had any experience with the Thomas Cook coaches from Old Trafford for away games? £35 for the Chelsea game in the CL seems cheap to me, they do bring you back, right? :nervous:
Did Munich with them last season, but can't comment on what they're like domestically.

They tend to leave you in the middle of nowhere all day mind, quite annoying.

Alek M

Da manic one
How would I go about getting two tickets for the CL semifinal second leg game at home. I know we first need to go through Chelsea, but want to start getting prepared. Is there a drawing I need to apply for? Are there agencies that re-sell these tickets?

I'm always right

How would I go about getting two tickets for the CL semifinal second leg game at home. I know we first need to go through Chelsea, but want to start getting prepared. Is there a drawing I need to apply for? Are there agencies that re-sell these tickets?
Become a United member, apply in the ballot.

If unsuccessful try to buy of viagogo.

Yes there are agencies on the www but it's illegal in England and EXPENSIVE.

I'm always right

Meh, can't have it all. Pleased with £35 return, it costs more than that one way on a train and that's only to London Euston..
Yeah but the train takes just 2 hours :D

The price isn't bad though although I couldn't deal with travelling to any away game and NOT drinking? wtf is the point of that. TalkingVulture can confirm this after his chat (well attempted chat) with me in Munich.... :lol: messy!

K Stand Knut

Get on a coach run by Champion Sports. It leaves earlier and you are free to do what you want when you get there. It's a company at the top of Sir Matt Busby Way.

ONly £30 if I remember correctly and can't guarantee that you'll be able to drink on it but I dare say that it will be less strict than the Thomas Cook one

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I'd say a United membership may be the only way to go, as said earlier it allows you to buy off of Viagogo as there is every chance you will be knocked back in your application to United.

Tickets for a European Cup semi final on the black market are going to burn you heavily. You'll be lucky to get any change out of 500 odd quid the pair...and there are some horror stories attached. Tickets not arriving/fakes and no refunds. Don't use them...the mark up is a complete disgrace.

phelans shorts

Get on a coach run by Champion Sports. It leaves earlier and you are free to do what you want when you get there. It's a company at the top of Sir Matt Busby Way.

ONly £30 if I remember correctly and can't guarantee that you'll be able to drink on it but I dare say that it will be less strict than the Thomas Cook one
O'Neills lot?

If it's for City I doubt they will be running one, they probably will for chelsea. (EDIT: they are running one)

Also the big difference between the two is Thomas Cook ensures you get a ticket, whereas CS don't.

I'm always right

O'Neills lot?

If it's for City I doubt they will be running one, they probably will for chelsea. (EDIT: they are running one)

Also the big difference between the two is Thomas Cook ensures you get a ticket, whereas CS don't.
I think he was assuming that the lad HAS a ticket and needs coach travel only.

Plus... Thomascook have not been given an allocation for the semi. They are running coach trips only, no ticket.

K Stand Knut

O'Neills lot?

I believe it is 'O'Neills lot', yes!!

They are running coaches for both but not offering tickets. I'm provisionally booked on both so unless they're pulling my pants down, I'd be disappointed to not get on a coach!

Thomas Cook are also doing no such thing as guaranteeing tickets. The k my options that are left are also £115 day return!!!

RonaldoVII

I believe it is 'O'Neills lot', yes!!

They are running coaches for both but not offering tickets. I'm provisionally booked on both so unless they're pulling my pants down, I'd be disappointed to not get on a coach!

Thomas Cook are also doing no such thing as guaranteeing tickets. The k my options that are left are also £115 day return!!!
You've booked on the official Thomas Cook coach? Is it easy enough to cancel if you don't get a ticket?

K Stand Knut

You've booked on the official Thomas Cook coach? Is it easy enough to cancel if you don't get a ticket?
No mate.

I'm provisionally booked on a coach with ChamPion Sports as thy will let you book and pay after the ballot results. Doubt TC will.

Have thought about the train but its hella expensive

LooseCannon

Does anyone know when the away tickets from West Ham will be released? Do people have them already?

The reason I ask is that I've been offered a pair off a friend who says he has the tickets in hand already. When I say friend I mean the guy couldn't be trusted as far as you could throw him! Could they be fakes?

I'm always right

Does anyone know when the away tickets from West Ham will be released? Do people have them already?

The reason I ask is that I've been offered a pair off a friend who says he has the tickets in hand already. When I say friend I mean the guy couldn't be trusted as far as you could throw him! Could they be fakes?
They could be fakes but I have my pair in hand already too, came last week.

LooseCannon

Thanks Sharky, any chance you could PM me a picture of a ticket so I know whether to throw them back in his face when he shows me them? Or do I just go for it and hope for the best. I take it they've got ticket scanners to validate tickets just like at OT?

Devils Advocate

if anyone has any spares for any home games (in either league or CL) then please let me know - would be much appreciated. looking for either single seat or two next to each other if that comes up too. thanks.

I'm always right

Thanks Sharky, any chance you could PM me a picture of a ticket so I know whether to throw them back in his face when he shows me them? Or do I just go for it and hope for the best. I take it they've got ticket scanners to validate tickets just like at OT?
Yes they have scanners.

I've pm'd you a pic.

I'm always right

Just got pm'd from a newb, he couldn't apply for Chelski away on his ST.

I wonder how many other ST holders who don't normally apply for euro aways but fancy Chelski as it's in England have been screwed by not being in the euro travel club?

I'm guessing a few.

I'm always right

It's something I actually applaud United for.
Gotta admit, I am actually more than a little smug about the fact that only us regular Euro away lads will be in with a chance of Chelsea away tickets, the Euro travel club has done a get job of screwing over ST holders who only fancy the Chelsea game because it's in England.

So the club do get things right occasionally....

GCHQ likes this post :)

Bread

How it working? out of intrest, not applying myself but cos i havent been to a euro away would i have litterally zero chance of getting one or is it just unlikely?

Seems like A fair enough system though

Boothy

I did Rangers with them after being chubbed in the ballot

Left later than planned
Got there at a peak time so the queue for picking tickets up was too long
Had a couple of drinks then they make you leave stupidly early for the ground
Didn't let some lads back on 'cause they'd been drinking and they kicked off the cnuts
Everyone kicked off on behalf of the lads, they were then allowed back on
Got to the ground too early.

Got back fine though.

But yeah, they are real power hungry cnuts and get you to the ground stupidly early, and if you dont get the coach from where they drop you off to the ground then you've no idea where the coach will be after the game

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
You'll have zero chance Bread.

At the start of the season, you are required to join the Euro Travel Club from the official website (it's free to join btw) if you don't join that, you're not allowed to apply for any euro away, except the final should we get there.

It's a way of keeping tabs on us (all passport details are kept by the club and they can check if you're a wrong un or owt) but it's also a great way of stopping people touting their tickets when they have no intention of travelling.

The same faces are seen for more or less every Euro away, which is fine by me. It normally makes for a good atmosphere, with the exception of Marseille, which was dire.