All ticket/travel information thread - 2012/13 -Touting will not be tolerated

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp88

It's pure luck, someone on redsaway was saying he had applied for every away and got chubbed for Chelsea whereas his mate who has never been to an away got a ticket in the ballot.

Swerny

Poster originally known MS MSP
I'm looking for one ticket to the Swansea match.

Does anyone have a spare to sell me?

Trying to confirm a seat before I book my flight home.

Cheers

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Need two tickets to the City game on the 8th for me and my father. Have I any chance ? Would be a dream come true ! :)

hp88

Ballot for Wembley opens on Wednesday.

Due to the short turnaround of a possible FA Cup semi final, apps open for ST holders on Wed 27 Mar to 8pm Tue 2 Apr. manutd.com/tickets for more info. Thanks

Magic United

Long shot but if anyone knows any season ticket holders that aren't applying for the Fa Cup semi final can you send me a pm?

Thanks

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
if for any ridiculous reason there's a Chelsea spare(s) hanging about let me know...

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Right, found an under 16 ticket for my little brother who is aged 22...will he get trouble using this ? :/

hp88

Right, found an under 16 ticket for my little brother who is aged 22...will he get trouble using this ? :/
How old does he look? Light flashes when you scan a child/oap ticket but I don't think the stewards pay much attention to it.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Just scan the ticket looking stern and do not stop walking briskly, peice of piss. Odds are the steward wont be arsed, particularly if you don't look all sheepish.

Liam147

On Probation
I've wondered for a while if you can get away with 'scanning' your ticket, not going through, letting the guy behind you do it, and go through on his. When he says the turnstile isn't working, they check his ticket and let him through. Not that I'd condone such a thing of course.

Nearly happened a while ago when I didn't scan mine properly, and the guy behind me needed mine to get through.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I have access to 1 ticket for the Derby on Monday, want to swap for Arsenal away or the promise of any London away next season

DO NOT contact me asking for the ticket alone, only interested in the swap at the moment.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've wondered for a while if you can get away with 'scanning' your ticket, not going through, letting the guy behind you do it, and go through on his. When he says the turnstile isn't working, they check his ticket and let him through. Not that I'd condone such a thing of course.

Nearly happened a while ago when I didn't scan mine properly, and the guy behind me needed mine to get through.
Well his ticket will register that it's already been used, so he won't get in on it.

Meaning he'll have to go to the ticket office and try and get them to issue a new ticket, which also won't work, as you've got in on it.#

Basically he'd be screwed at worst, and have to take ages sorting it at best!

Robin

The way to do it is to let a mate go through first and immediately ask the steward a question as to where something is, when he turns away slip through, it works every time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Robin, when I've gone there are normally stewards before and after the turnstile?
Is it only the one behind you need you distract?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Junior season tickets can be upgraded to adults over the phone. The owner will need your brothers particulars (name, DOB, and address). The ticket can then be picked up with ID from the ticket office on match day, if there's no time for posting.

hp88

Copied from the latest fans forum.
Domestic Away Ticket Distribution

The Working Group on away ticket distribution presented its report. It proposed:
  • Retain Loyalty Pot for the long term but reform it to be more open and dynamic from 2014/15. Proposals brought forward during next season.
  • A qualifying period of 3 consecutive seasons (ie minimum Silver ST holder) to be applied to new ST holders before they can apply for domestic away games.
  • A small number of tickets (say 50 per game) to be paired as 1 adult with accompanying junior with only one application required between the two.
It further proposed some control measures to try to ensure tickets go to the people intended, to be implemented in 2013/14. These include:
  • Loyalty pot; ID verification and ticket collection at selected games
  • Standard pot; need to discourage multiple applications
  • Executive pot; need to discourage applying on behalf of others
  • Club tickets; due diligence on recipients
  • All tickets; a sustained campaign to try and eliminate premium sales (inc touting)

It was agreed to put these ideas out to wider consultation.

Any consultation needs to be combined with a discussion on reducing allocations including the possibility of introducing a photo ID scheme for away fans. This topic will return as an agenda item in May.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
a lot of negativity about these proposals but personally I think there are quite a few good ideas in there

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I'm sorry, have I misread the part where it says new ST holders have to have a ST for three years before being able to apply for aways? :lol:

Sign me up!
Fine by me! If I had my way, it would be 10 years :)

I'm always right

Executive pot; need to discourage applying on behalf of others
Strange one this, the whole idea of an exec is that it's not personal to anyone, so what defines "others"?

Aside from that I think it's all good news, not too sure how the photo ID bit would work though, are the club really gonna to take the costs of paying for their own staff at every away game in order to do ID checks? And how long will the checks take as away tickets never have a name on them?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If they could get a new ticket exchange for home games that'd be very useful too.

Just not at the massive Viagogo mark up levels!

hp88

Strange one this, the whole idea of an exec is that it's not personal to anyone, so what defines "others"?

Aside from that I think it's all good news, not too sure how the photo ID bit would work though, are the club really gonna to take the costs of paying for their own staff at every away game in order to do ID checks? And how long will the checks take as away tickets never have a name on them?
I think that's a polite way of saying to the suits "stop selling your tickets to touts". I doubt the ID scheme will come into use, as you said it's an additional expense to the club which will probably be passed onto the fans when we renew our tickets.

Godfather

Ok guys I got a question. Didnt want to make an own thread for that as it may be a bit of a dumb one.

I'll be going to Old Trafford the first time ever. With my old man. We got tickets for the Chelsea match. Was pretty complicated and expensive to get it all done.
Still got a problem though. We are travelling home Monday at lunchtime already.
The date is still not scheduled yet and well with United having two Monday games now I get a bit nervous.
How much of a chance is there that this game is going to be held on Monday do you think? I will not be able to watch United if it was.
And when will the dates be schedules for 4th May? Thanks in advance guys.

RonaldoVII

I'd be very surprised if it's on the Monday. Chelsea will most likely have a Europa League semi final game on the previous Thursday, which would rule out the Saturday. Either 1.30pm or 4pm kickoff on the Sunday is most likeliest date.

Status
Not open for further replies.