All ticket/travel information thread - 2015/16 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Still not heard. Anyone in a similar boat? 10 credits & went for more expensive seats to up the chances ...
Only full sure way to know ASAP is ring the ticket line and go through to the automated results option.

Some of my direct friends have it in their ticket account history online and no confirmation text or email as yet.

SocccerNomics

Still not heard. Anyone in a similar boat? 10 credits & went for more expensive seats to up the chances ...
Just got the bad news by text. 10/10 and unsuccessful...sums up a year of 0% success with away applications.

Parma Dewol

Man United text message: Thank you for your ticket application for the Crystal Palace FA Cup Final. A ballot has taken place and unfortunately your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.
:(

We're only 7/10 for cup games this season, so we didn't expect to get tickets but it's still bad news when it comes through! Oh well, the semi final was great, but the final isn't to be and I think United have been perfectly fair in the way they've handled the ballot. If there's a criticism it's with the FA, who have allocated a pitiful amount of tickets for actual supporters. I think our allocation was 28,000, wasn't it? That's barely 30 per cent of the Wembley capacity, which is plain wrong.

Hey-ho, let's just hope we win! Congratulations to everyone who did get tickets, should be a fantastic occasion.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
People with league cup / europa credits might not have necessarily gone to the game.
True and in fact I will admit that I have 10 credits but did not attend all the games (my ticket is always used though even if I have to give it for free), if they manage to devise a system where they can actually verify who went to the matches then I will be happy for priority to go to those who attend the most.

Not sure I believe the short turnaround time as an excuse. There were hundreds of empty seats for the semi, so the funny thing is people, bought them and couldn't be arsed to go. Different story for the final though no doubt!
Im sorry but you are not talking any sense. Why would anyone buy a ticket for the semi and not be arsed to go? Its not like home games where some do that just for the credit. Even with the very short application window (which definitely stopped many from applying) the semi was sold out and oversubscribed. The only empty seats that might have been about are Club Wembley and thats a whole other story.

Just got the bad news by text. 10/10 and unsuccessful...sums up a year of 0% success with away applications.
You are the first I heard of, thats harsh luck but I think you might still get sorted in a second ballot - what price category did you go for out of interest?

RonaldoVII

Can't say I have too much sympathy for those with less than 10/10 feeling upset at not getting a ticket for the final. The whole point of most of us attending the Middlesbrough / Sheffield United / Midtjylland games was for this situation of the chance to get a ticket for the final. I doubt there were many people who really wanted to attend those games but you do on the off chance we make it to a final.

DuncanEd

The real issue here is the country having a national stadium that allocates almost 1/3 of the seats to corporate sponsors, the FA family and their own VIP club wembley.

And to a smaller extent Manchester United being run by businessmen who, to get more renewals, offered executive members an enhanced allocation at the cost of reducing tickets available to standard members.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can't say I have too much sympathy for those with less than 10/10 feeling upset at not getting a ticket for the final. The whole point of most of us attending the Middlesbrough / Sheffield United / Midtjylland games was for this situation of the chance to get a ticket for the final. I doubt there were many people who really wanted to attend those games but you do on the off chance we make it to a final.

As opposed to actually wanting to like, be a loyal fan and see your own team play? :lol:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Im sorry but you are not talking any sense. Why would anyone buy a ticket for the semi and not be arsed to go? Its not like home games where some do that just for the credit. Even with the very short application window (which definitely stopped many from applying) the semi was sold out and oversubscribed. The only empty seats that might have been about are Club Wembley and thats a whole other story.
There were loads and loads of empty seats, predominantly in the United end, and not in the Club Wembley tier. There were about 6-8 seats available on my row alone, I'm not making it up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Chubbed! Never thought I'd get a chance to say that, but no biggie, was never getting one with 6/10, and to be honest I was delighted to get in for the semi, as that was meant to be a no chance situation itself.

However, I live 20mins from Wembley, so if for some insane reason anyone finds themselves "stuck" with a ticket, however late, do let old Sandikan know.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'm hearing some fans have not been successful with 10 cup games. I got all mine, no problems.

SocccerNomics

You are the first I heard of, thats harsh luck but I think you might still get sorted in a second ballot - what price category did you go for out of interest?[/QUOTE]

£85 and £65 categories. Applied for a pair, both with 10 credits. Hopefully get lucky in 2nd ballot, but surely there won't be many coming from that - just those where a payment bounced.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes! I doubt many season ticket holders wanted those league cup games with the dross we were playing at the time :D
Yep, I'm pretty sure we must have set a record for home 0-0s this season, and certainly the amount of 0-0s at half time.
For anyone who finds themselves swayed into any VG should stay sentiments, they need to remember back for the majority of the season!

Member 5225

Chubbed! Never thought I'd get a chance to say that, but no biggie, was never getting one with 6/10, and to be honest I was delighted to get in for the semi, as that was meant to be a no chance situation itself.

However, I live 20mins from Wembley, so if for some insane reason anyone finds themselves "stuck" with a ticket, however late, do let old Sandikan know.
Yeah likewise, am not far away from Wembley, do holla if anyone has a spare (or more)!

mark_a

I can't see that I'll have any luck in the 11th May ballot, as one of the chubbed 10 crediters, unless united get extra allocation? Who knows.

Getting the news on the 11th is a pain as well as transport and accommodation will be more expensive and scarce by then. I might make a plan to go to London anyhow, keep everything peeled on here, twitter etc. for a spare. Anyone else thinking of going to Wembley ticketless?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I can't see that I'll have any luck in the 11th May ballot, as one of the chubbed 10 crediters, unless united get extra allocation? Who knows.

Getting the news on the 11th is a pain as well as transport and accommodation will be more expensive and scarce by then. I might make a plan to go to London anyhow, keep everything peeled on here, twitter etc. for a spare. Anyone else thinking of going to Wembley ticketless?
I know several who are turning up ticketless - you can still get all the prematch atmosphere and many United will end up watching in pubs all around so you wont be alone!

also I suggest anyone with 10credits calls the ticket office and complains, say you wont renew etc - they often seem to magic up tickets from someone for those who shout the loudest

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
I know several who are turning up ticketless - you can still get all the prematch atmosphere and many United will end up watching in pubs all around so you wont be alone!

also I suggest anyone with 10credits calls the ticket office and complains, say you wont renew etc - they often seem to magic up tickets from someone for those who shout the loudest
I'm not a season ticket holder/dont have a ticket but I'm thinking of travelling down anyway with the bro in law just to soak up the atmosphere and watch it in the pub

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Yep, will probably end up buying off a tout. Paid £300 for the Milwall final 12 years ago so god knows what they will cost now :nervous:

MkPaul

learnt from the best
I know a few trusted lads selling for £400. I haven't seen any tickets going for less. It's mental.

DuncanEd

United are trying to cover those on 10 via begging FA (as palace haven't sold their end out), player/staff allocations being given back and returns/non paying 10s from first ballot.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
United are trying to cover those on 10 via begging FA (as palace haven't sold their end out), player/staff allocations being given back and returns/non paying 10s from first ballot.
It's actually ridiculous how many tickets were given to Palace when you compare their average attandance to ours - Im sure in the past there used to be more weighting given to that

ZupZup

I thought Palace tickets only went on sale this morning? Surely if they sold out their bigger allocation for the semi, they'll have no issue selling 28k tickets for the final.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I thought Palace tickets only went on sale this morning? Surely if they sold out their bigger allocation for the semi, they'll have no issue selling 28k tickets for the final.
yes you are right actually - interesting to see the difference in their system vs ours:
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/...information-for-the-fa-cup-final-3085942.aspx

I think United could benefit from a more detailed loyalty system - there are too many ST holders with 10credits in this instance, they could use the Platinum/Gold/Silver ST tiers for example to give preference to long time holders

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
yes you are right actually - interesting to see the difference in their system vs ours:
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/...information-for-the-fa-cup-final-3085942.aspx

I think United could benefit from a more detailed loyalty system - there are too many ST holders with 10credits in this instance, they could use the Platinum/Gold/Silver ST tiers for example to give preference to long time holders
Hard to decide what the most fair way is isn't it.

You can't even apply for aways until you've had a season ticket 3 years. At other clubs, like Reading, you get membership points that build up over many years. Hard to argue against that really.

Then like you say maybe they could do a bit more with the colour coding situation.
After all, should someone who has had a season ticket for 1 year, and done 10/10 cup games, outrank someone who has had a season ticket 32 years, who has done 8/10?

It's awkward.

To be honest, if you gave me the same opt out versus risk dilemma next year, I'd do the same I did this year, ie opt out of League cup and Europa.

You could potentially get about 8 midweekers in those 2 cups, and sometimes I really struggle to shift them, even to pals who live up north! And I live 180miles away so not like that many midweeks is sensible.

Andy_Cole

I don't agree to be honest. Priority should've been given to the longest, and also the ones who have renewed early. Perhaps if it was league cup or Europa I'd understand counting this way. However we've all been to every FA Cup game to the final.

If they were going to count cup games why not count league games? I've been to 17/17 league matches but 7/10 cup games. Next season I think I'll sell my league games and buy in for all cup games now. I don't really be wanting to spend an extra £500 on top of my season ticket. It's expensive enough.

newseasonticket

Would love to get cozy inside Wayne Bridge's pocke
I don't agree to be honest. Priority should've been given to the longest, and also the ones who have renewed early. Perhaps if it was league cup or Europa I'd understand counting this way. However we've all been to every FA Cup game to the final.

If they were going to count cup games why not count league games? I've been to 17/17 league matches but 7/10 cup games. Next season I think I'll sell my league games and buy in for all cup games now. I don't really be wanting to spend an extra £500 on top of my season ticket. It's expensive enough.
I wonder how many season ticket holders haven't paid for 17/17 league games so far this season?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Am a little confused here, thought the chap was meaning he's been to 17/17 away games, so I was going to ask how has he got tickets to all of those.
But if he means home leagues, we've had 18? And surely payment has to go through before the game or you get your ticket taken away?

newseasonticket

Would love to get cozy inside Wayne Bridge's pocke
I doubt all have attended 17/17 though. Always empty seats from them.
So one fella goes to 16/17 games empty seat for the other match. Another goes to 12/17 but gives his ticket to friends for the other 5 games. His ticket is scanned in 17/17, but is he more deserving?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
So one fella goes to 16/17 games empty seat for the other match. Another goes to 12/17 but gives his ticket to friends for the other 5 games. His ticket is scanned in 17/17, but is he more deserving?
The club are hardly going to know who's sat on the seat. The ticket was purchased, that's the bottom line.

mark_a

I'm told by people on here & MUST that United are trying to get more tickets for the 10/10-ers who were chubbed. I have no idea whether this will be successful or not, but regardless of that, if anyone's annoyed about the low allocation to respective teams for the final, it won't do any harm contacting the FA to say so. If enough people do that, it adds to the general pressure on them.

http://www.thefa.com/contact-thefa

So "After Arsenal's 4-0 victory over Aston Villa in the 2015 final, FA chairman Greg Dyke vowed to increase the ticket allocation for both clubs to 30,000." (Much as I hate quoting the Daily Fail) He did a good job of that then, as both teams got 28k this year!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ations-set-increased-protests-supporters.html

They are MEANT to be the custodians of the beautiful game (or whatever they say their remit is). We all know they're useless and just beholden to their sponsors, but what can you do?!

TheGK

Hard to decide what the most fair way is isn't it.

You can't even apply for aways until you've had a season ticket 3 years. At other clubs, like Reading, you get membership points that build up over many years. Hard to argue against that really.

Then like you say maybe they could do a bit more with the colour coding situation.
After all, should someone who has had a season ticket for 1 year, and done 10/10 cup games, outrank someone who has had a season ticket 32 years, who has done 8/10?

It's awkward.

To be honest, if you gave me the same opt out versus risk dilemma next year, I'd do the same I did this year, ie opt out of League cup and Europa.

You could potentially get about 8 midweekers in those 2 cups, and sometimes I really struggle to shift them, even to pals who live up north! And I live 180miles away so not like that many midweeks is sensible.
I've been unable to make a lot of games this year due to work, I've been in the exact same position to you, live about 140 miles and can't give away my tickets for free, people just don't want to pay for anything nowadays and when you throw in about £40 for petrol, £7 for parking etc people couldn't be less interested. Never had any trouble in the past selling a ticket for FV.

DuncanEd

Yes your bang on, I think what the person who told me means is that they won't sell their entire allocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.