All ticket/travel information thread - 2016/17 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

ZupZup

Could be wrong but I reckon there will be 30k+ tickets for both finalists. It's not like the FA cup where thousands of tickets are given to the "football family"
There were about 32k for the finalists of the league cup last year and 28k for the FA Cup Final. Last year in the FA Cup Final I seem to recall we were a couple of thousand short of having enough for all ST holders who opted in to the cup matches last year...

I reckon if we do make the final... 80% or more of the final tickets will go to execs and ST holders who have opted in to all cup matches. 20% to other season ticket holders with those attending most cup matches getting the priority.

JohnnyKills

Trying to get ticket for Palace tomorrow night but nothing so far.

If anyone has a spare or can't go for whatever reason, please PM me. Can offer you some nice pre-Christmas cash!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
FA Cup 3rd Round versus Reading, pair available in Stretford End Tier 2, W3102, Row 25. For FV, PM me.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Pair available for United vs. Reading in the FA cup in NW3434. FV is 40/ticket. PM if any interest.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
So I've decided to go to OT on Boxing Day... never been to Manchester, have no idea about anything, we're driving there, not a clue about parking, where to eat and drink, and not sure just how busy Manchester is going to be on the day. Any tips for any of this chaos would be welcome.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They've confirmed the Feb games at last.

Was a bit nervous on the Hull league home, as i'd gambled on securing a super cheap hotel room pre confirmation. But it's Wed 1st Feb thank goodness!

Leicester away now on the Sunday, and City of course moved. Although being the same weekend as the league cup final hopefully is moved again!

GlasgowRedz

So I've decided to go to OT on Boxing Day... never been to Manchester, have no idea about anything, we're driving there, not a clue about parking, where to eat and drink, and not sure just how busy Manchester is going to be on the day. Any tips for any of this chaos would be welcome.
I normally park in the car park at the Lowry Centre which is about ten mind walk away from the stadium.

After the game there are a few restaurants that you can go into and let the traffic die down. The parking in there will be a out £7-£8

Ive parked in there previously for boxing day fixtures, it'll be busy but you should get parked OK.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Any hints as to how many Reading might be taking?

I'm in East 2 that can be given over to away fans if they want enough tickets.

Hope they do take loads, as It's always easier passing a pal paper tickets rather than having to arrange the cards back and forwards!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Presuming there's no tram restrictions due to the date, another option is to park at Altrincham (mass of parking, either cheap or free depending on day), and get the 15min tram in for £3.80.

Then you can walk to the Lowry mall 10mins from the ground, eat, relax etc, while not being caught up in any traffic.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
From a Palace supporter in the newbies.

CPFC fan here. Just in case you are not aware, any fans travelling down by train, will have problems getting to selhurst park from either London Bridge, or London Victoria, as Southern Rail Services ( which normally stop at Thornton Heath, Selhurst, or Norwood Junction for Selhurst Park) are in the middle of a strike, and NO TRAINS are running.

Hope it's a good game.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
So I've a few tickets for West Brom away and one of them is a £25 (so £5 off) senior ticket as my season ticket is inherited off my old man.

What's the entry procedure like at West Brom? I've been before but I can't remember. Should it be okay or is it genuinely worth one of us not bothering to show up?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
So I've a few tickets for West Brom away and one of them is a £25 (so £5 off) senior ticket as my season ticket is inherited off my old man.

What's the entry procedure like at West Brom? I've been before but I can't remember. Should it be okay or is it genuinely worth one of us not bothering to show up?
Just go and don't stop at the turnstile. Pile in at KO if you're worried.

Not showing up is the worst idea i've ever heard.

Slops

Well, not showing up is only if I've got no chance, to be honest.

It's annoying 'cause my dad isn't a senior by United's rules, but he is by West Brom's rules.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Looking for four tickets preferably together for Boro, if not will take two pairs!

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
These have been snapped up now.
Nicely done.

Mine still available if anyone wants them? :)

Pair available for United vs. Reading in the FA cup in NW3434. FV is 40/ticket. PM if any interest.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Where do people park in Altrincham? Is there a car park where you get the tram from?
I'm thinking of doing this option next I go.

Slops

Where do people park in Altrincham? Is there a car park where you get the tram from?
The 24h Tesco is right by the tram and has a big car park. No idea what their rules are. Have parked there to do things other than Tesco before, though.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
How far have you got to travel and which direction will you be going in?
Travel back to Birmingham. Just exploring various parking options really. I normally park on elevator road, by the factories/warehouses in front of the official N4 car park but its a nightmare getting away.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Travel back to Birmingham. Just exploring various parking options really. I normally park on elevator road, by the factories/warehouses in front of the official N4 car park but its a nightmare getting away.
So M6 then A56 or M56 then? I do a similar journey every time and have noticed it has been getting worse to get home lately but I've found a better route back to the motorway and it seems to knock an hour off the journey.

We park down by the Bridgwater canal, £6 and it's a short 5/10 minute walk to the ground. You can get there by going past Harry Ramsdem's, KFC etc on the left once you've driven past the ground and then bearing right at the roundabout. You'll see a match day parking sign and an old geezer stood on the exit to roundabout. It's nice and quiet down there and we just walk straight down the canal to the ground. On the way home, rather than sitting in traffic for eternity on the Chester Road, when you come to that same roundabout, just go straight on (you can't miss it as everyone is going right towards the A56). We then go through Old Trafford (not the stadium) and Hulme, where there is literally no traffic at all. This will take you to the M56 where you would be a junction or two further back than if you went the A56 route. It's a bit further distance wise but you're constantly on the move so it works out a lot better and less depressing. I've not done the tram from Altrincham but I imagine that would take longer or possibly roughly the same amount of time.

ZupZup

If you do take the Alty route... there's a big car park at the back of the train/tram station where you have the ice rink. It's free if the match is on a Sunday and you'd have to pay up until 6pm on a Saturday - although the car parks are very cheap.

It'll take you about an hour or so to get back there though after the match as the trams are obviously busy.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
So M6 then A56 or M56 then? I do a similar journey every time and have noticed it has been getting worse to get home lately but I've found a better route back to the motorway and it seems to knock an hour off the journey.

We park down by the Bridgwater canal, £6 and it's a short 5/10 minute walk to the ground. You can get there by going past Harry Ramsdem's, KFC etc on the left once you've driven past the ground and then bearing right at the roundabout. You'll see a match day parking sign and an old geezer stood on the exit to roundabout. It's nice and quiet down there and we just walk straight down the canal to the ground. On the way home, rather than sitting in traffic for eternity on the Chester Road, when you come to that same roundabout, just go straight on (you can't miss it as everyone is going right towards the A56). We then go through Old Trafford (not the stadium) and Hulme, where there is literally no traffic at all. This will take you to the M56 where you would be a junction or two further back than if you went the A56 route. It's a bit further distance wise but you're constantly on the move so it works out a lot better and less depressing. I've not done the tram from Altrincham but I imagine that would take longer or possibly roughly the same amount of time.
It'll take you about an hour or so to get back there though after the match as the trams are obviously busy.[/QUOTE]

Yeh thats the journey that I do. On Sunday I left on the 86 minute mark. It took me about 20 minutes to get to my car but the journey home wasnt too bad. I was home about 6.30.

If you do take the Alty route... there's a big car park at the back of the train/tram station where you have the ice rink. It's free if the match is on a Sunday and you'd have to pay up until 6pm on a Saturday - although the car parks are very cheap.

Nice one pal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

It'll take you about an hour or so to get back there though after the match as the trams are obviously busy.
I'm in East 2, and as long as I'm by the exit as the final whistle goes, I find I can have a brisk 10min walk to the station, and have always got at worst the 2nd tram away, often the first, then it's 15mride, and back in Alty within 30 or so mins...
An hour would feel severe!

ZupZup

I'm in East 2, and as long as I'm by the exit as the final whistle goes, I find I can have a brisk 10min walk to the station, and have always got at worst the 2nd tram away, often the first, then it's 15mride, and back in Alty within 30 or so mins...
An hour would feel severe!
It was over an hour for me on Sunday! Third tram and there seemed to be a 10 minute wait between each...

I'd say about 45 mins from the match finishing is possibly my average.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It was over an hour for me on Sunday! Third tram and there seemed to be a 10 minute wait between each...

I'd say about 45 mins from the match finishing is possibly my average.
Bad luck mate.
It's a shame in a way having to rush off the second the game finishes, but for time saved, it's the only option.
Will never understand those who leave 5-10mins before the end though. Especially the locals!

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Looks like Reading have taken their full allocation for the cup game.

Just got a text from United and they will post a paper ticket.

Any one after a single for the reading game then give me a shout. Block E230, Row 25, Seat 62. (Normally the away section).

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Applied for a single Liverpool ticket for the home game. Anyone know when successful applicants will be told? Someone else might have a ticket for me and I don't want to commit and end up paying for two tickets.

Kazi

Applied for a single Liverpool ticket for the home game. Anyone know when successful applicants will be told? Someone else might have a ticket for me and I don't want to commit and end up paying for two tickets.
You can cancel your application

pseudo_canadian

So I bought tickets back in August for me and the old man for the Chelsea game in April. Somehow managed to get Executive Level seating (through Viagogo) in section 205 which is apparently VIP Hospitality? Does that include some sort of extra amenities? I believe it's the International Suite. Will be my first ever United game so I will greatly appreciate any relevant information!

Cheers.

Last edited:

D1VSP

Some tickets available over the new year period - DM if interested.

2 for Middlesbrough
4 for Reading

FV @ £45 each. East Stand Lower.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
So I bought tickets back in August for me and the old man for the Chelsea game in April. Somehow managed to get Executive Level seating (through Viagogo) in section 205 which is apparently VIP Hospitality? Does that include some sort of extra amenities? I believe it's the International Suite. Will be my first ever United game so I will greatly appreciate any relevant information!

Cheers.
Access to a suite but have to pay for food + drinks.

http://www.executiveclub.manutd.com/Members/Home/Matchday Information/International Suite.aspx

Jacob

Desperately need 3-4 tickets for Watford in February. Please let me know.