All ticket/travel information thread - 2016/17 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Looking for 2 for anderlecht at home. Anyone?
I'm able to buy two tickets in Stretty upper at the moment. But I'm not sure if they'll load the two on to my membership card like they do when I buy one or if they'll send the tickets out to me. Anyone know?

Essentially, anyone with a membership bought before March 17th can buy up to four tickets for the Anderlecht game at the moment.

Robin

I'm able to buy two tickets in Stretty upper at the moment. But I'm not sure if they'll load the two on to my membership card like they do when I buy one or if they'll send the tickets out to me. Anyone know?

Essentially, anyone with a membership bought before March 17th can buy up to four tickets for the Anderlecht game at the moment.
I bought some on my season ticket for the last Euro game and they posted the paper tickets to me.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I bought some on my season ticket for the last Euro game and they posted the paper tickets to me.
Interesting, so you reckon I can buy for @Skills and post them to him? Although there could be an issue with when they're delivered... as I'm in London so couldn't hand them over in person.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
If anyone wants to swap their pair of North Tier 1/South Stand tickets for a pair of Stretford End for Chelsea, then please let me know. Need somewhere better suited for two elderly people. Will cover the cash difference + a good few drinks for anyone that can do it. Cheers.

Edit: Can also do a Burnley away spare at face as a further sweetener.

JB7

Thought I was sorted for Sunday but seemingly (annoying) now I'm not....will join the list of people begging for any spares? Two if possible.

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

I'm pretty sure this can't be done but just going to ask anyway as I'm a new season ticket holder as of last week (Buzzing!!). If I can't make a game and want to pass my pair of (adult) tickets on to a mate, can he and his son (8 year old) use them or does it have to be two adults?

NextSeason

I'm pretty sure this can't be done but just going to ask anyway as I'm a new season ticket holder as of last week (Buzzing!!). If I can't make a game and want to pass my pair of (adult) tickets on to a mate, can he and his son (8 year old) use them or does it have to be two adults?
I'm fairly certain a child can use an adult ticket, just not the other way around.

mark_a

Has anyone in tier 1 (in any stand) been asked to move or told they are moving seats next season? Moving in readiness for the new disabled seating provisions

maba723

likes bananas a bit too much
Looking for two tickets for Burnley away if anyone here can help

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Has anyone in tier 1 (in any stand) been asked to move or told they are moving seats next season? Moving in readiness for the new disabled seating provisions
Is it kicking in that quickly? Thought they were trying to do it over about 3 years?

The very early renewal date seems to be to try and catch a few out as well, to make it an easier switchover too.

klayton88

Anybody got a spare for Anderlecht on Thursday?

The United website is beyond awful. The fact the ticket bit doesn't even work on chrome is bad enough but I found a decent ticket in W202 and secured it etc etc and came to logging in. Been a while since I used the site and obviously didn't know the password so asked for a reminder to be sent... 1 hour later no reminder so asked for reminder again and it tells me it's already sent me one (the lies!). Take a few more stabs in the dark at my password to no avail and it's froze that email address for the next day or so.

I would normally phone but buy 8am I think that one decent looking ticket will be gone.

PS - Why are tickets in E138 much cheaper than most places else in the ground?

Last edited:
Anybody got a spare for Anderlecht on Thursday?

The United website is beyond awful. The fact the ticket bit doesn't even work on chrome is bad enough but I found a decent ticket in W202 and secured it etc etc and came to logging in. Been a while since I used the site and obviously didn't know the password so asked for a reminder to be sent... 1 hour later no reminder so asked for reminder again and it tells me it's already sent me one (the lies!). Take a few more stabs in the dark at my password to no avail and it's froze that email address for the next day or so.

I would normally phone but buy 8am I think that one decent looking ticket will be gone.

PS - Why are tickets in E138 much cheaper than most places else in the ground?
Have you checked your junk mail folder @klayton88

East lower & West Lower have always been the cheapest sections in the ground.

MAME DIOUF 32

I'm conveniently in town for the Anderlecht game but won't make it over to Old Trafford. Is there a good place near Piccadilly station to watch it with United fans?

Skåre Willoch

So, I'm going to my first away game, at the Etihad. What can i expect from this? Is there anything specific I need to consider, like conduct or clothing? Where do fans gather before the game, at walking distance from the stadium?

Duafc

Village Lemon
Looking for 4 for Celta on the 11th.

Will take pairs in different places! Xo

NextSeason

So, I'm going to my first away game, at the Etihad. What can i expect from this? Is there anything specific I need to consider, like conduct or clothing? Where do fans gather before the game, at walking distance from the stadium?
Not a bad first away game to attend!

Don't wear any United colours - might as well hold a sign saying "come and punch me" instead! Joking mainly, but there are a few twats like that about.

Make sure you make good use of that ticket by getting behind the team as there are thousands of people who would love to have it. Don't worry if people are standing where your seat is. Just find some empty space to stand in and don't expect to use your seat except at HT if anything.

United fans usually meet in town and head over for the game. There were quite a few in The Paramount last year.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Wondering whether season ticket holders are going to be able to purchase extra discounted tickets for the semis, or whether that will be halted as they anticipate a load of glory seekers opting in and demand increasing? United being conspicuously quiet on the e-mail front so far.

DuncanEd

• First and foremost don't wear any colors (United shirts, scarfs or any of that crap).
This saves you from being a target, both from city and United fans. That isn't to say no one wears them but honestly to save painting a target on yourself it's best to wear normal clothes.

• Don't actually try and stand where your ticket says (unless you want)
If you fancy standing at the front, just go to the front where there is space. Most people won't even bat an eyelid at you pushing past as long as there is space.

• Stand up and sing
Optional of course but if you sit down you wont see anything generally speaking and singing and chanting is the best part of being at an away as it is proper non stop noise. So I would brush up on all the chants especially any city chants such as 'my old man', 'tip toe through the kippax', 'If I die in Kippax street', 'The city is yours' etc etc

• Expect coins and bottles to be thrown at you, especially at the end when your held back in the ground.
This has happened to me every single year I have been, I always go tier one (pitchside) not sure about other tiers.

• Make sure you know your route
This is especially important once you get out because there will be city fans waiting for you and you need to know where the feck your going. The trams ok if your going incognito, otherwise if your spotted as a red it's pot luck whether you'll just get abuse, no abuse or even a slap in the queue. If you give abuse back your chances of a slap will increase as they think your up for it. Traffic is murder after the game so taxis are doable (uber works here) but don't be expecting to catch a train anywhere soon. Walking to town is doable but at your own risk especially if you don't know the area.

Pub wise old nags head, paramount all united pubs packed week in week out for home games.

NextSeason

Wondering whether season ticket holders are going to be able to purchase extra discounted tickets for the semis, or whether that will be halted as they anticipate a load of glory seekers opting in and demand increasing? United being conspicuously quiet on the e-mail front so far.
It's usually a process of the following and depends if there any available to move onto the next:

• Allow ST holders to purchase their seat for those not in the ACS
  • Allow members to purchase one ticket per membership
  • Allow ST holders & members to purchase an additional 3 tickets
  • General sale - although they may require you to have had an online account before a certain date to stop away fans purchasing tickets

DuncanEd

@DuncanEd @NextSeason

Cheers boys. Very useful stuff! How many tickets have we got to this game? If I just follow the pack outside, I would eventually end up somewhere not blue, yeah? :lol:

There is no big group all walking as one really, just pockets in my experience. Avoid going towards west gorton (straight ahead), you can head right on your exit where most will walk.

Easiest way to avoid aggro is uber it, I normally hang a left once I get out down ashton new road towards clayton and cab it from there.

If you want to tram it then you need to prepare to walk through a lot of city and basically a full 180 of the stadium. In my experience if you are dressed like a normal bloke once you get round the corner away from the police you should be ok. Just be wary of the odd pissed twat who might engage asking if your city when in the queue or in the tram.

Making it sound like a war zone but its fine just need to keep your guard up. Goes without saying avoid anyone with stone island on from either side. Unless your into that in which case follow them for a row.

JB7

It's usually a process of the following and depends if there any available to move onto the next:

• Allow ST holders to purchase their seat for those not in the ACS
  • Allow members to purchase one ticket per membership
  • Allow ST holders & members to purchase an additional 3 tickets
  • General sale - although they may require you to have had an online account before a certain date to stop away fans purchasing tickets
They've put the whole place on general sale straight away by the looks of it.