All ticket/travel information thread - 2017/18 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Miss as in payment failed? or you weren't in the acs last season.
Technically if this is you're first time in acs and applying for aways, then when you're first home cup payment goes out (probably first home ucl game) you can then apply for aways from then.
If failed payments though, then not sure if you'll be blacklisted, which has happened to others.
After 4 years of always opting out of what I could (league cup, Europa), this season makes no sense to, as you have to buy champions league and FA Cup, so if we don't get any league cup homes, or say get 1, you'd throw all your extra rights to later big games away for nothing.

I wonder if a lot of people will think like me and any possible cup finals may be oversubscribed even for full credits?
Or whether most season ticket holders opt in anyway?

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
After 4 years of always opting out of what I could (league cup, Europa), this season makes no sense to, as you have to buy champions league and FA Cup, so if we don't get any league cup homes, or say get 1, you'd throw all your extra rights to later big games away for nothing.

I wonder if a lot of people will think like me and any possible cup finals may be oversubscribed even for full credits?
Or whether most season ticket holders opt in anyway?
In the last 2 season's domestic cup finals, everyone that was in acs and paid for all home cup games, got a cup final ticket.
In all fairness to the club, they made sure that hsppebed, so as to show it's worth being in.
There were approx 25/30000 st holders in acs last 2 season's, not sure if it will go up this season though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In the last 2 season's domestic cup finals, everyone that was in acs and paid for all home cup games, got a cup final ticket.
In all fairness to the club, they made sure that hsppebed, so as to show it's worth being in.
There were approx 25/30000 st holders in acs last 2 season's, not sure if it will go up this season though.
Will be interesting. The safety net is being able to opt out at any stage.
I'm in now, but if we did draw Lincoln at home in the league cup I might struggle to get up for that/shift it. Although they have taken 25% off the prices, so might still be worth it.

Token Sheet

Will be interesting. The safety net is being able to opt out at any stage.
I'm in now, but if we did draw Lincoln at home in the league cup I might struggle to get up for that/shift it. Although they have taken 25% off the prices, so might still be worth it.
I agree it really is a difficult one for people in the position that you and many others are in.
Yeah the league cup reduction is a pleasant surprise.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I agree it really is a difficult one for people in the position that you and many others are in.
Yeah the league cup reduction is a pleasant surprise.
A contact in our northern office helps out. But he told me the Europa in the winter wasn't going to happen, which made last year's decision for me!

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Just got my ST (silver one this year), it came with a nice little wallet to hold it and a decent metal badge. I think they're really splashing out. :)

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

Just got my ST (silver one this year), it came with a nice little wallet to hold it and a decent metal badge. I think they're really splashing out. :)
Patiently waiting on mine to arrive! I'm a first timer and can't wait to have it safely in my possession!! :drool:

Brinky

A long shot but looking for any potential tickets for the Swansea (Away) game in August for sale.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Looking for 1 ticket for the United vs. Leicester game, ideally in NW3434 or close to there. I have two season tickets but have a third friend wanting to come.

Can repay the favor later on in the season.

ZupZup

Looking for 1 ticket for the United vs. Leicester game, ideally in NW3434 or close to there. I have two season tickets but have a third friend wanting to come.

Can repay the favor later on in the season.

I am unfortunately away for the Leicester match so they could use mine but it's W3104 (Row 2)... if that's any good?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Just having a look at tickets and the prices are just extortionate since I was last a member. £47 for a seat way at the back of the north stand second tier?!

What a waste of £20 for membership that was. It's far easier to get better seats by searching on Facebook or twitter for season ticket holders who can't make matches. My mates Dad used to offer them up right in the Stretford End but haven't heard from him in a while.

All the games via the website are sold out all season (besides the big ones where they do a ballot). It's a daft system.

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
Ticket forwarding is going to be allowed this season, which I think is a great idea.

Following discussions with the Fans' Forum and taking feedback directly from Season Ticket holders on board, we have implemented a 'Ticket Forwarding' facility which will allow supporters successful for a ticket to 'forward' their ticket to another supporter if they are unable to attend.

Key Information

• The 'Ticket Forwarding' facility will be available from when the ballot results are confirmed, right up to the day of the game
  • Away tickets can only be forward on two occasions during the 2017/18 season. For those supporters in the Loyalty Pot, forwarding a ticket would class as a 'missed application'
  • Supporters who do not wish to use this service will still be able to cancel their ticket through the club, and receive a full refund
  • Transfers will only be available to 'adult' supporters as we are unable to reprint / reissue tickets for away games (once a ticket is allocated and sent as a concession, it will either have had a stub removed or have been stamped and therefore cannot be used by an adult)
  • 'Qualifying' supporters will be Season Ticket holders who are Silver Level (3 years tenure) and have purchased all home cup games
  • Supporters who already have a ticket in the game will not be eligible to receive a ticket from another supporter

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Following discussions with the Fans' Forum and taking feedback directly from Season Ticket holders on board, we have implemented a 'Ticket Forwarding' facility which will allow supporters successful for a ticket to 'forward' their ticket to another supporter if they are unable to attend.
That sounds like a good compromise from United.

Token Sheet

Ticket forwarding is going to be allowed this season, which I think is a great idea.

Key Information

• The 'Ticket Forwarding' facility will be available from when the ballot results are confirmed, right up to the day of the game
  • Away tickets can only be forward on two occasions during the 2017/18 season. For those supporters in the Loyalty Pot, forwarding a ticket would class as a 'missed application'
  • Supporters who do not wish to use this service will still be able to cancel their ticket through the club, and receive a full refund
  • Transfers will only be available to 'adult' supporters as we are unable to reprint / reissue tickets for away games (once a ticket is allocated and sent as a concession, it will either have had a stub removed or have been stamped and therefore cannot be used by an adult)
  • 'Qualifying' supporters will be Season Ticket holders who are Silver Level (3 years tenure) and have purchased all home cup games
  • Supporters who already have a ticket in the game will not be eligible to receive a ticket from another supporter
I am actually not so sure it is a great idea.

Last season the "to collect" or "not to collect" veiled threat at every ballot, meant fans just applied for games they intended to go to.
This resulted in a fairer chance of getting tickets and it's safe to say most people had a higher success rate in getting away tickets.

I'm concerned this new initiative will
encourage mass applications again and mates can "pass on" tickets if not going.

I think the figures for the first few ballots will give us a better idea of how it's working and we'll have to wait and see.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
If anyone has 2-4 tickets for Liverpool or City at home I'd pay decent whack for them...

maba723

likes bananas a bit too much
Anyone here got the lite membership? Do you just get the membership card?

Cambo

camerony
Hi All. Looking for 1 ticket vs Spurs at OT on Oct 28. Travelling to Manchester all the way from Australia ... will be first time at a United game! Any help would be much appreciated :)

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Looking for 3 tickets for the Huddersfield game at home. 3rd February. Obviously well in advance, but thought i'd check - Maybe somebody has a holiday booked or something?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'm back from abroad earlier than expected. I had sold off my two tickets for the West Ham game.

If anyone has two spare in the East or West stands drop me a PM. Cheers.

finndt

I got a few questions for you frequent match goers.

I bought a ticket to 12.12 Bournemouth game, then I also applied for the derby which takes place the previous weekend. When will they confirm the dates and kick off times? The city game is obviously going to be early Saturday kick off or Sunday. How about the ticket ballot, when is it due? If I’m not lucky, is the best/only option overpriced viagogo ticket?

I was also wondering, some friends of mine are probably going to get their tickets later. So is there some sort of network where it would be possible to change seats so we could be seated next to each other.

I’m flying from Finland so this always takes a bit planning.

Whatsername

I got a few questions for you frequent match goers.

I bought a ticket to 12.12 Bournemouth game, then I also applied for the derby which takes place the previous weekend. When will they confirm the dates and kick off times? The city game is obviously going to be early Saturday kick off or Sunday. How about the ticket ballot, when is it due? If I’m not lucky, is the best/only option overpriced viagogo ticket?

I was also wondering, some friends of mine are probably going to get their tickets later. So is there some sort of network where it would be possible to change seats so we could be seated next to each other.

I’m flying from Finland so this always takes a bit planning.
Ballots are usually drawn about 5 weeks before the game, mostly on Fridays, and you get a text and email telling you if you've been successful or not, you can check your online account too as it'll tell you if a ticket has been allocated to you.

The club are really good about swapping seats but you need to keep an eye on the website to see when seats become available. I always select where I want to change to online, immediately call the ticket office, tell them which seats I have in the basket, they tell me to release them and then they quickly grab them and swap them with the original seats I'd bought. Not quite sure how it'd work if your friends already have seats booked, maybe if you add them to your members network?

As for when the kick off changes for December are announced, it won't be for another couple of months yet I wouldn't think.

finndt

Ballots are usually drawn about 5 weeks before the game, mostly on Fridays, and you get a text and email telling you if you've been successful or not, you can check your online account too as it'll tell you if a ticket has been allocated to you.

The club are really good about swapping seats but you need to keep an eye on the website to see when seats become available. I always select where I want to change to online, immediately call the ticket office, tell them which seats I have in the basket, they tell me to release them and then they quickly grab them and swap them with the original seats I'd bought. Not quite sure how it'd work if your friends already have seats booked, maybe if you add them to your members network?

As for when the kick off changes for December are announced, it won't be for another couple of months yet I wouldn't think.
That's useful. Thanks a lot. Changes in fixtures are always a big question mark when booking flights and hotels.

Ober tan

I always select where I want to change to online, immediately call the ticket office, tell them which seats I have in the basket, they tell me to release them and then they quickly grab them and swap them with the original seats I'd bought.
Does that work mate? I've lost my seat a few times by waiting in the queue, would be good if it could be avoided.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
A precautionary note for those interested in purchasing tickets for UEFA Super Cup.

We advise posters to be very vigilant when transferring or handing over any money to new posters just signed on to sell tickets. Why would these sellers buy official tickets and then sell for the same price? It doesn't serve their purpose to sell for published prices.

Whatsername

Does that work mate? I've lost my seat a few times by waiting in the queue, would be good if it could be avoided.
It's always worked for me and I've done it quite often. Latest was the other day, I'd bought tickets for West Ham the day they went on sale but couldnt get two together, noticed that more had been made available earlier this week so clicked on two together which were added to my basket and then got on the phone to the ticket office. No queue so it was sorted in a couple of minutes.

PoTMS

Cheeky, but don't expect anyone to have a couple for West Ham (h)?

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
A precautionary note for those interested in purchasing tickets for UEFA Super Cup.

We advise posters to be very vigilant when transferring or handing over any money to new posters just signed on to sell tickets. Why would these sellers buy official tickets and then sell for the same price? It doesn't serve their purpose to sell for published prices.
So newbies can post in here this season? Or could they last season as well?

I can't remember! :lol:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
So newbies can post in here this season? Or could they last season as well?

I can't remember! :lol:
Can't remember the exact timeline the Newbies were allowed to post. They do have various restrictions.

Alek M

Da manic one
Hi fellow reds. Need 2 tickets for the Super cup in Skopje United - Madrid. I have been to OT, but my daughter is a massive United fan and was hoping to take here to the Madrid game. She is so disappointed that we got denied tickets from the UEFA lottery.

I live in USA, but I am from Macedonia and just got here, specially for the Cup. Tough to find tickets locally.

Will be able to help with logistics here for fellow reds. Especially around game game. Anything you need pm me and can give you my e-mail address and we better coordinate for any questions you may have. I know there are some jerks here in Macedonia jacking up hostel prices, can't promise anything but can try to ask around and find you something reasonable.

Looking forward to meeting some of you fellow reds!

Alscaff

If anyone is still looking for flights to Supercup, and doesn't mind flying from Glasgow, they can have mine. I can't make the game now but had booked to fly to Sofia and then travel through to Skopje on the Monday. Flying back on Wed 9th.

Dara

If anyone is still looking for flights to Supercup, and doesn't mind flying from Glasgow, they can have mine. I can't make the game now but had booked to fly to Sofia and then travel through to Skopje on the Monday. Flying back on Wed 9th.
Have you got any spare tickets?