All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Adam89

In summary then do we know for definite that the ticket transfer system is for season ticket holders and members only? So I would in theory need to sign up to get a minimum of a "lite" membership to receive spare tickets?

If I was taking someone's second ticket and attending with them in person I could skip the membership though and just have both QR codes on their phone?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
In summary then do we know for definite that the ticket transfer system is for season ticket holders and members only? So I would in theory need to sign up to get a minimum of a "lite" membership to receive spare tickets?

If I was taking someone's second ticket and attending with them in person I could skip the membership though and just have both QR codes on their phone?
Tickets can be transferred to anyone, you don't need a membership

Adam89

Tickets can be transferred to anyone, you don't need a membership
Brilliant, thanks. I thought this was all a way of the club capitalising on the spares market but if I can stay membership-less all the better. Is there an app or similar I need to download then to receive them? Have just seen RedDevilLucio's reply, thanks!

Last edited:

Robin

When you transfer a ticket, it asks whether the recipient is a member, if not you have to fill in all their personal details, I am guessing they then create that person on the database and allocate them a free membership number.

Adam89

When you transfer a ticket, it asks whether the recipient is a member, if not you have to fill in all their personal details, I am guessing they then create that person on the database and allocate them a free membership number.
Ah ok, so I have just logged onto the website and checked, I still have a membership ID from having a ST and memberships years back so will keep that handy.

Robin

Trying to get through to United is harder than getting through to the White House, just tried ringing and they are extremely busy and can’t answer the call today, they suggest to send a text, tried that and the text wouldn’t send. The whole operation is a joke

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Trying to get through to United is harder than getting through to the White House, just tried ringing and they are extremely busy and can’t answer the call today, they suggest to send a text, tried that and the text wouldn’t send. The whole operation is a joke
It's a joke right - the club must have reduced resources in the ticket office to try and move everything online so trying to speak to someone is so hard now. I sent a text and got an auto response confirming it was received but it could take up to 3 days for a response which is brilliant when a game is 2 days away and their system has failed. I just said in the text that it was urgent and I want someone to call me.

I forwarded 3 tickets to @CuesOSully last night and all 3 seem to have disappeared into thin air. I used a standard relationship rather than strong relationship so wondering if it's to do with that but it all went through fine and then the recipient emails never came through. @Regulus Arcturus Black did your recipient receive it fine when you did it that way?

Will get this sorted one way or another @CuesOSully!

Robin

It's a joke right - the club must have reduced resources in the ticket office to try and move everything online so trying to speak to someone is so hard now. I sent a text and got an auto response confirming it was received but it could take up to 3 days for a response which is brilliant when a game is 2 days away and their system has failed. I just said in the text that it was urgent and I want someone to call me.

I forwarded 3 tickets to @CuesOSully last night and all 3 seem to have disappeared into thin air. I used a standard relationship rather than strong relationship so wondering if it's to do with that but it all went through fine and then the recipient emails never came through. @Regulus Arcturus Black did your recipient receive it fine when you did it that way?

Will get this sorted one way or another @CuesOSully!
i am the recipient or Mr Blacks tickets and they still haven’t come through although they are showing in my history and he has also had the email saying they had been sent. i am predicting chaos at the ticket office and turnstiles on Saturday, if mine haven’t arrived by tonight I’m paying a visit to the ticket office in the morning

NextSeason

i am the recipient or Mr Blacks tickets and they still haven’t come through although they are showing in my history and he has also had the email saying they had been sent. i am predicting chaos at the ticket office and turnstiles on Saturday, if mine haven’t arrived by tonight I’m paying a visit to the ticket office in the morning
Sorry to hear that mate but in one way I am glad it's not just happened to me!

Let us know how you get on with the ticket office visit if you take that approach. FYI the below is from the clubs site here:

Our phone lines are currently busy. If your enquiry is urgent, you can send a text message to 0161 850 3969 and we will get back to you as soon as possible. All queries are now exclusively managed online so please refrain from visiting us at the Ticketing & Membership Services building as we will be unable to assist you. You should be able to find the answer to your query below, so we recommend you read the information carefully.

Whatsername

I’ve been having the same problem when trying to send texts to them, I just get a ‘message send failure’ notification. Been like that since June for me.

mufc90

I forwarded my ticket for the Leeds game on Monday afternoon, I got an email to confirm it was forwarded and so did they. In my email, it said they would receive a separate email with the digital ticket, they are still waiting for the ticket to arrive but have received an email with information on the game. Anyone else having a similar problem?

I've tried email, texting, and phoning United and gotten nowhere, so really annoyed at this point.

Robin

I forwarded my ticket for the Leeds game on Monday afternoon, I got an email to confirm it was forwarded and so did they. In my email, it said they would receive a separate email with the digital ticket, they are still waiting for the ticket to arrive but have received an email with information on the game. Anyone else having a similar problem?

I've tried email, texting, and phoning United and gotten nowhere, so really annoyed at this point.
I think that when they decided on this system they thought that a few people would be transferring tickets and most season ticket holders go to every game, however there will be thousands of transactions taking place and they can’t cope. It’s so frustrating not being able to get in touch or get a reply . I am going down there so will report back soonest.

Jordi

Looking for a spare in J Stand for Newcastle or Villa if anyone can help me out.

Last edited:

TravellingTom

I've got a ticket for the Newcastle game and travelling 350miles down from Scotland. First time I don't have family living in Manchester I can sleep at. Hotels are crazy expensive. Are there any cheap alternatives I'm not aware of? AirBnB seems steep too. Any tips would be welcome!

Whatsername

I've got a ticket for the Newcastle game and travelling 350miles down from Scotland. First time I don't have family living in Manchester I can sleep at. Hotels are crazy expensive. Are there any cheap alternatives I'm not aware of? AirBnB seems steep too. Any tips would be welcome!
Maybe stay outside of Manchester, somewhere with good travel links? Might be easier to find somewhere cheaper by not being in the city.

Last edited:

Robin

Been down to OT to sort things out, I could immediately see what the problem was. There were just 2 girls working in the ticket office beavering away. They confirmed the transactions and said they were so busy that’s why there was a delay. Anyway they forwarded them to me while I was there and all rosy in the garden again.

Iron Tulip

I stayed the other week, premier inns were really quiet - think it cost me £30 to stay at one in Trafford!

eugegall

Hi all,

First post!

New season ticket holder here! Wife and I both have seats next to each other.

I'm going with a friend this weekend and having the same issues as everyone else. Forwarding is impossible. Tried to contact United but no luck.

We're just going to turn up with my wife's printed season ticket and hope we don't get a jobs worth.

Do you think that will be ok?

Reactions: Rood

Bosws87

Hi all,

First post!

I'm going with a friend this weekend and having the same issues as everyone else. Forwarding is impossible. Tried to contact United but no luck.

We're just going to turn up with my wife's printed season ticket and hope we don't get a jobs worth.

Be totally fine.

GoalsGetGirls

Have a spare ticket for the Leeds game in E234, if anyone is interested. I'm based in Manchester so can meet in person.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Just pick somewhere on the metrolink out of the centre - easy and direct access to Old Trafford and will be much cheaper than central

For example Timperley or Sale

Iron Tulip

Hi all,

First post!

Yes you'll be fine mate, just send a screenshot of the QR code to your mates phone if you please. That's what we did for the friendlies. Where abouts are your seats? Enjoy!!

NextSeason

Been down to OT to sort things out, I could immediately see what the problem was. There were just 2 girls working in the ticket office beavering away. They confirmed the transactions and said they were so busy that’s why there was a delay. Anyway they forwarded them to me while I was there and all rosy in the garden again.
Nicely done. Were you able to walk into the ticket office fine mate?

Looks like I might have to do this tomorrow as I've managed to sort 2/3 tickets which didn't forward properly by emailing the club but they are taking ages to sort the last one and poor @CuesOSully has a young lad shitting himself on whether he is able to go. :(

The lack of ticket office staff and being able to speak to someone over the phone really needs to be brought up at the next Fans Forum tbh.

Robin

Nicely done. Were you able to walk into the ticket office fine mate?

Looks like I might have to do this tomorrow as I've managed to sort 2/3 tickets which didn't forward properly by emailing the club but they are taking ages to sort the last one and poor @CuesOSully has a young lad shitting himself on whether he is able to go. :(

The lack of ticket office staff and being able to speak to someone over the phone really needs to be brought up at the next Fans Forum tbh.
Even getting to the ticket office was a nightmare, I tried 4 car parks before I found a way in, the only one open was the one past the Hotel football towards Manchester, needless to say it was the furthest from the ticket office, however once in they were very helpful.

NextSeason

Even getting to the ticket office was a nightmare, I tried 4 car parks before I found a way in, the only one open was the one past the Hotel football towards Manchester, needless to say it was the furthest from the ticket office, however once in they were very helpful.
Thanks for the tip.

For anyone else with ticket forwarding issues and if you aren't close enough to be able to pay a visit, I would try emailing tickets@manutd.co.uk with your issue and details. They sorted 2/3 of my tickets which weren't received after forwarding online so still hoping they will sort this last one before I make my way over.

eugegall

Be totally fine.
Yes you'll be fine mate, just send a screenshot of the QR code to your mates phone if you please. That's what we did for the friendlies. Where abouts are your seats? Enjoy!!
Thanks guys,

Ive got the screenshot of the wife's ticket and the paper version.

I also have not tickets in my wallet so there shouldn't be any issues.

I'm sure they aren't going to enforce the spot checks for the first few games anyway.

We're row 1 block S128. Hope they aren't bad tickets.

JB7

Fairly young and healthy so no worries here but given we needed two seats together, options were a little limited. It was either these or with the gods.

Thanks for the positivity. Can't wait to be honest.
I'm only messing around, I'm sure you'll love it pal. I've only ever sat in the South once but that was on the front row and obviously you literally cannot get closer to the action, you should be close enough to get involved with the away fans banter too.

As you say, infinitely better than with the gods!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Metrolink stuffed this weekend. Need to get a bus or walk to Deansgate.

Iron Tulip

Looking for 2 away tickets to the Newcastle game - a while off I know but keep me in mind if anyone has them free! Cheers

LilWayneHQ

Does anyone think it will matter or cause any problems if I have an over 65+ ticket for tomorrow's game even though I am not over 65?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sorry to hear that mate but in one way I am glad it's not just happened to me!

Let us know how you get on with the ticket office visit if you take that approach. FYI the below is from the clubs site here:

Our phone lines are currently busy. If your enquiry is urgent, you can send a text message to 0161 850 3969 and we will get back to you as soon as possible. All queries are now exclusively managed online so please refrain from visiting us at the Ticketing & Membership Services building as we will be unable to assist you. You should be able to find the answer to your query below, so we recommend you read the information carefully.
Does this mean some poor ticket member has to listen to one of those dreadful text to speech messages that we used to send as jokes in the old days?

HE-LO - I AMM TEX-TEEENG ABOUT

could be a nightmare unless that landline somehow consolidates them into an email or something!