All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Cpt Negative

I've been a season ticket holder (x3) for four years - so this is my first year of being able to apply for away tickets through the ST ballot. Can anyone help me with how it works? Is the ballot really random, or is there some type of loyalty scheme? I've not been successful in any of the ballots so far, but don't know whether that is bad luck or the fact that I'm new into the eligibility pool?

Thanks, Nick
Ive found it a lot more random since the £30 cap came in. I was successful quite regularly for Arsenal and Chelsea as I guess not many wanted to pay £65 a ticket. Since it’s gone to £30 I tend to get 2 or 3 aways a season.

I’ve had both so far this season, didn’t get West Ham, so my luck could be out already this year

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
My brother opted out of League Cup by mistake so now I'm stuck with a ticket by myself and can't go to finals unless I go alone. Anyone know what my best options are? Guessing it's too late for him to opt back in?

Cpt Negative

My brother opted out of League Cup by mistake so now I'm stuck with a ticket by myself and can't go to finals unless I go alone. Anyone know what my best options are? Guessing it's too late for him to opt back in?
im sure it won’t be a sell out given United are giving away free tickets to kids. He should be able to opt in … could be wrong though

TheReligion

Abusive
Other people having to get a membership to have a ticket assigned to them pisses me off. Loads of pissing about. I should just be able to buy two tickets without the fecking hassle.

Bosws87

You can opt in and out of the league cup on a game by game basis the others are compulsory.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ive found it a lot more random since the £30 cap came in. I was successful quite regularly for Arsenal and Chelsea as I guess not many wanted to pay £65 a ticket. Since it’s gone to £30 I tend to get 2 or 3 aways a season.

I’ve had both so far this season, didn’t get West Ham, so my luck could be out already this year
That £30 is great in the premier league, yet there's no equivalent further down the leagues.

Pretty sure the top priced away in league 1 for instance is £28!

ZupZup

I got an email today to say that I don’t have a ticket for the league cup game because I have opted out… even though I definitely have never opted out of any cup scheme ever. Going to call them in the morning and try and sort it out but it’s very strange.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
You can opt in and out of the league cup on a game by game basis the others are compulsory.
I know that, but if you opt out you can't apply for finals so we need to know if it's possible to opt back in for this game as it was a mistake. Unsure if there is a cut off or something.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I got an email today to say that I don’t have a ticket for the league cup game because I have opted out… even though I definitely have never opted out of any cup scheme ever. Going to call them in the morning and try and sort it out but it’s very strange.
Yeah, same thing happened to him. Does it tell you on your United account that you've opted out?

K Stand Knut

So I can just assign it to them or leave it in my name and they can use it?
I think either, or. Although leaving it in your name runs the risk of that person having ID checks carried out.

A lad I sit with was just going to send another lad his e-mail and let him download the e-ticket to his phone. It’s possibly risky but I can’t imagine any ID checks being carried out.

The other option is just to fill in the necessary fields on the website and it will get sent to them.

They would only need a membership number anyway, so if there is a free membership option, that is all they’d need. And, I think United would probably allocate them a free membership anyway so they can tell sponsors that they have 500 billion members now

TheReligion

Abusive
I think either, or. Although leaving it in your name runs the risk of that person having ID checks carried out.

A lad I sit with was just going to send another lad his e-mail and let him download the e-ticket to his phone. It’s possibly risky but I can’t imagine any ID checks being carried out.

The other option is just to fill in the necessary fields on the website and it will get sent to them.

They would only need a membership number anyway, so if there is a free membership option, that is all they’d need. And, I think United would probably allocate them a free membership anyway so they can tell sponsors that they have 500 billion members now
Cheers. Yeah it's just unnecessarily difficult I feel. I was going to pick up a pair of Villarreal tickets earlier as had some together but trying to see who fancies going so quickly to update it all there and then is hard work. My other mate still has his season ticket so he doesn't need one.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't let me keep both tickets in my name though. Should just let you buy them and then assign them afterwards.

hp88

Any one after some midweek cup games ? Most likely be under FV.

ZupZup

Yeah, same thing happened to him. Does it tell you on your United account that you've opted out?
If I log in and look at “cup schemes” it shows me as opted in for the FA Cup and CL which is says are mandatory anyway… but nothing for the league cup. I can opt in again online but I want to speak to them to sort out West Ham and find out why they opted me out in the first place. I don’t want it to impact my ability to apply for away matches either.

corno_mufc

And all sold out by 10pm. Glad I saw your post when I did!
Glad it helped.

It really is a case of randomly going on the site for releases of tickets, else you miss out... It was pure chance I popped on to see what was on sale.

TheReligion

Abusive
Glad it helped.

It really is a case of randomly going on the site for releases of tickets, else you miss out... It was pure chance I popped on to see what was on sale.
Do you know the answer to the ticket question and memberships for others you want to get tickets for?

Can I just buy them and email them the ticket even in my own name or does it all have to be sorted at the time you purchase?

Red00012

I presume more will be released for Villarreal leading up to the game

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I presume more will be released for Villarreal leading up to the game
Will be interesting to see, as yesterday's set was basically most of one NE quadrant block but then random singles scattered throughout the ground.

Didn't look like any sort of phased release!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Glad it helped.

So much for all the signing up to get notified of availability!

Haven't played this lottery since the viagogo days!

unitedfan20

Anyone use sports break? Was able to grab two tickets for Villareal in the stretford end tier 1. Any thoughts on if these will be decent seats? Very excited to see the team!

cbmufc

Anyone use sports break? Was able to grab two tickets for Villareal in the stretford end tier 1. Any thoughts on if these will be decent seats? Very excited to see the team!
Never used sports break but them seats will be decent, can't go wrong anywhere in the lower tier. My favorite place to sit is Stretford End/ K stand lower

Thursday night is an interesting time to release tickets for a home game that has 3 before it, but given up trying to make sense of the ticket office. I'm at the test match next saturday (typical) but I'd be keeping an eye on the website today/mon/tues for Newcastle

Robin

The problem we have at the moment is you just can’t ring the ticket office, I had the same problem with West Ham, I didn’t realise I hadn’t opted in until they sent me an email informing me. I quickly opted in but nothing happened, the tickets never showed up in my ‘ tickets’. The email option is also a waste of time so I went down to the ticket office in person. There was a queue with only one person sorting everything out. Luckily my three tickets were still not sold on so he was able to reallocate. But he also said if you opted back in after the email was sent they won’t show up on the system. The whole system is a mess, no one seems to know what’s going on. Tickets for the cup games can’t be forwarded on until all payments have been completed which in this case is on Monday 6th. Good luck if you are not fortunate enough to live close enough to call in.

Newton

Any one after some midweek cup games ? Most likely be under FV.
definately, I’m fairly local and my young lad would love to get to more games even if it’s early cup rounds, give me a shout!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When you sign up for a One United membership (lite in my case), and you get the electronic display of it with the QR code in your wallet, I'd assumed that any subsequent tickets you bought would just be loaded on that card, like I'd imagine the physical cards used to work.

However, you get a new ticket display per game it seems. Much better I think, but is the One United QR code actually used for anything then? Maybe club shop discount or something? (well, not for the lite membership which doesn't include it!)

predator

Youth NITK
If an over 65 season ticket holder let me use their season ticket for a game this season will it be OK? Do they just send the qr code to my phone?

Whatsername

If an over 65 season ticket holder let me use their season ticket for a game this season will it be OK? Do they just send the qr code to my phone?
That’s the plan, but if you’re under 65 you should pay to have the ticket upgraded to your age group. Apparently there’s a light system which alerts stewards on the other side of the turnstiles when a concessionary ticket is scanned and if you don’t look like you’re eligible to be using it they will stop you (it happened to my son when using his own ticket in his teens, he must’ve looked older than he was to whoever was checking).

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
If I log in and look at “cup schemes” it shows me as opted in for the FA Cup and CL which is says are mandatory anyway… but nothing for the league cup. I can opt in again online but I want to speak to them to sort out West Ham and find out why they opted me out in the first place. I don’t want it to impact my ability to apply for away matches either.
Let me know how you get on, my brother can't call them until later today unfortunately.

ZupZup

Let me know how you get on, my brother can't call them until later today unfortunately.
Ticket office appears to be useless atm... they don't have capacity to take any calls so the automated line just asks you to email them at 'tickets@manutd.com'. I did that and got an auto reply saying that they are very busy and if the query is urgent, send them a text message with your query to 0161 850 3969. I sent a text and got another auto reply saying that a member of team will get back to me as soon as they can but it may take up to 3 days.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Ticket office appears to be useless atm... they don't have capacity to take any calls so the automated line just asks you to email them at 'tickets@manutd.com'. I did that and got an auto reply saying that they are very busy and if the query is urgent, send them a text message with your query to 0161 850 3969. I sent a text and got another auto reply saying that a member of team will get back to me as soon as they can but it may take up to 3 days.
That's insane. And we all thought they had finally got their act together this season :lol: I am wondering if the phones are packed because they've somehow opted loads of people out by mistake?

predator

Youth NITK
That’s the plan, but if you’re under 65 you should pay to have the ticket upgraded to your age group. Apparently there’s a light system which alerts stewards on the other side of the turnstiles when a concessionary ticket is scanned and if you don’t look like you’re eligible to be using it they will stop you (it happened to my son when using his own ticket in his teens, he must’ve looked older than he was to whoever was checking).
OK thanks. So would they actually refuse entry? I've used the ticket a few times before it went digital and had no problems (I am 27 years old).

Also how does one pay to upgrade the ticket?

Whatsername

OK thanks. So would they actually refuse entry? I've used the ticket a few times before it went digital and had no problems (I am 27 years old).

Also how does one pay to upgrade the ticket?
There’s an option on the ticket page, on the ticket holder’s account, which says ‘change price type’. That becomes clickable when a game is selected on the list and there’s a drop down with all ticket types listed. I’d assume that you’re then taken to the checkout when forwarding the ticket.

Not sure what’d happen. My son was only asked once in christ knows how many times he went through the turnstiles as a concession. A few on here have said that the stewards are alerted by a light that comes on though.

Red00012

UEFA to make a decision on away fans at European games next week

ZupZup

That's insane. And we all thought they had finally got their act together this season :lol: I am wondering if the phones are packed because they've somehow opted loads of people out by mistake?
Yeah, could be a combination of that and loads of people wanting tickets now Ronaldo has returned.

Got a reply to my email just now. My original seat has already been sold so they reserved me another seat for West Ham and told me I need to opt back in for future league cup matches. That doesn’t bother me so much as I applied to be in the TRA section anyway so will likely end up there with my mates.

They said that this season we weren’t automatically opted in, as we have been in previous seasons. We had to manually opt in again for the league cup which I was not aware of.

Evans999

UEFA to make a decision on away fans at European games next week
I'm down to 4 Credits now so not sure how it'll go, the "desirable" aways often go to around 8 minmum normally but I guess less people would be willing to travel.

Red00012

I'm down to 4 Credits now so not sure how it'll go, the "desirable" aways often go to around 8 minmum normally but I guess less people would be willing to travel.
I’m at 6 , I don’t think European aways will be an issue with 4 credits.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Yeah, could be a combination of that and loads of people wanting tickets now Ronaldo has returned.

Got a reply to my email just now. My original seat has already been sold so they reserved me another seat for West Ham and told me I need to opt back in for future league cup matches. That doesn’t bother me so much as I applied to be in the TRA section anyway so will likely end up there with my mates.

They said that this season we weren’t automatically opted in, as we have been in previous seasons. We had to manually opt in again for the league cup which I was not aware of.
The email address keeps bouncing back for us, is it definitely tickets@manutd.com?