All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Red00012

Very much doubt I'll get them, but if I get tickets from blue light tickets, I don't have to be a member right?
I’ve heard of the red light district but never heard of blue light tickets

JSC

Long shot I’m sure but any singles or pairs for Newcastle and / or Spurs?
Thanks in advance.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Anyone have a single ticket for the West Ham match? Thanks.

Also, looking for a ticket for the Sheriff match (although I know there are tickets available from United).

Last edited:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Anyone have a single ticket for the West Ham match? Thanks.

Also, looking for a ticket for the Sheriff match (although I know there are tickets available from United).
I've got a pair for it if interested, your profile won't let me DM you

JB7

Following the reduction in our allocation (as communicated on Friday) for the away game at Chelsea, 5:30pm Saturday 22 October, we have been discussing with representatives from fan groups and our Fans’ Forum the best way to manage the loss of 624 tickets. We have listened to a range of differing views, and as a club have decided on the below approach which we feel is the fairest way to manage this.

We have deactivated ticket forwarding for this game as we do not believe it is fair for someone outside of the fans who were successful in the original ballot to go ahead of someone who was originally successful. The forwarding facility will not will not be turned back on for this game.

Chelsea will also reallocate our entire allocation based on the reduced numbers and have not yet provided the new seat information. Given the short timeframe until the game, it is inevitable that affected supporters (exact numbers not currently known, but this is likely to be a significant number) will be required to collect their ticket on the day with photo ID.

If you cannot personally attend this game, you should email tickets@manutd.co.uk before 5pm tomorrow stating you would like either:
• a full refund
or
• to swap your Chelsea ticket for a guaranteed ticket for your choice of one of our next four Premier League away games - Aston Villa (6th November), Fulham (13th November), Wolves (31st December - TBC), Arsenal (21st January – TBC).

Please state which game you would like to swap for, and all membership numbers applicable from your original booking

For members of the loyalty pot, returning their ticket for a refund, or swapping it for one of the next four away games, will not count as one of the maximum two games they can miss applying for this season.

Please note that individuals within the same group booking can make different decisions, for example one can chose to return for a refund, one can swap for Wolves and one can swap for Fulham. Lead applicants can email on behalf of the whole group, detailing each membership number or supporters can email individually.

Unfortunately, if we do not receive 624 cancellations / swap requests by 5pm tomorrow, we will have no choice but to re-ballot all remaining fans (i.e. those who didn’t cancel/swap) for the available tickets on Wednesday morning.

We will stop accepting further swap requests if we reach the 624 required, so please contact us as soon as possible if you would like to do this.

We appreciate there is no perfect outcome to this and that you, our dedicated and loyal fans, are being unfairly treated by this decision to reduce our allocation for this game. As we did for this fixture, we will continue to push for every ticket we are entitled to for all away matches to ensure as many fans as possible can attend to support the team.

As a reminder, our Contact Centre staff have no further information other than what is contained within this email.

Best wishes,
Ticketing & Membership Services
Email from TO this morning regarding Chelsea.

Yik

Does anyone know if a screen shot of the season ticket QR code would work at the turnstiles? I would think it would but dunno for sure...

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I've got a pair for it if interested, your profile won't let me DM you
Just sent you a message about the Sheriff match and changed the permissions on my profile. I had no idea it limited who can DM me.

Last edited:

Robin

I have one final pair of tickets for Thursday night in the NW quad, have to be members but they have have been reduced to £50 for the pair.

Robin

Interesting that a ticket in N3408 on Thursday, an exec seat is £40, yet for Spurs the same seat is £595, a little different

Anyone fancy swapping a pair of Spurs for West Ham? Have two over for Spurs but desperately trying to sort an extra pair for West Ham (members of course).

Would even buy a pair of Sherrifs if that helps sweeten the deal.

Ober tan

'All fans who were in the first 624 to email have now been contacted. Any fan who has emailed and not yet received a reply will be contacted tomorrow and asked if they want to keep their Chelsea ticket or cancel for a full refund. #MUFC'.
The way they've done it is probably the best outcome.

Evans999

Be funny if more than 624 people take them up on that offer now
They've just tweeted saying they've had enough come forward to swap or refund so no longer offering it. In an hour and 15 minutes? Something smells fishy.

Ober tan

They've just tweeted saying they've had enough come forward to swap or refund so no longer offering it. In an hour and 15 minutes? Something smells fishy.
They said most will have to collect at Chelsea so that probably put a lot of people off, touts especially.

JB7

In fairness it's in like 10 hours, the email with the offer to swap went out at 10:30 this morning. They offered immunity for loyalty pot members cancelling, a guaranteed ticket to one of four other matches (a couple of which are usually decent aways to be fair) and obviously the biggest thing is stated the majority will need to collect on the day so it's not really a surprise I don't think.

P0GBA

Gone into the Sociadad away tickets and they all say comp-carer pa rather than standard tickets. Does anyone know why that is?

JB7

Gone into the Sociadad away tickets and they all say comp-carer pa rather than standard tickets. Does anyone know why that is?
Doesn't say that on the email confirmation, but yeah I didn't realise at the time tbh.

HucknallRed

Could be Utd reduced price for us, maybe Sociedad trying to rip us off.

cbmufc

Hard work to get to sociedad isn’t it? Assumed it would be relatively straight forward ffs

do we get penalised for returning tickets / can we? Genuinely had no idea I’d have to take out a mortgage to get anywhere close!

cbmufc

Long shot I’m sure but any singles or pairs for Newcastle and / or Spurs?
Thanks in advance.
you a member? Should be able to sort a pair for Newcastle if you still need

JB7

Hard work to get to sociedad isn’t it? Assumed it would be relatively straight forward ffs

do we get penalised for returning tickets / can we? Genuinely had no idea I’d have to take out a mortgage to get anywhere close!
I had my original flight cancelled and ended up booking Birmingam-Bilbao and Santander-Birmingham for the return, I was talking to someone about it the other day and it was showing at around £120 if that's any use which is a little more than I paid but not extortionate if that's any use?

JakeMilburn

I'm flying into Santandar from Edinburgh and back. Then getting a bus over to San Sebastian.
Flights cost me £50 and I think the bus is 15 euro's or so each way.

Reactions: Rood

Sounds of the Aquarium

yes you can return tickets, i did that for Atletico last year as i couldn't make it in the end.
all 3 europa have been a bit of a mission this year. i didnt bother with Sheriff or Omonia in the end as i have a baby at home and only want to do 1 night away and they just didnt work.

im doing Gatwick - Bilbao and then San Sebastian via Barcelona to Gatwick. was about £150 total

Darkhorsez

Question … so today is the time when they are supposed to release tv schedule for games in Dec. I just checked and it seems they are not ready. Has the release date changed?

JB7

Question … so today is the time when they are supposed to release tv schedule for games in Dec. I just checked and it seems they are not ready. Has the release date changed?
They never release on time unfortunately, we might get them by the end of the week if we're lucky.