6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Many years from now, our descendants will refer to these last few days as "The Last Days Before Diallo".

There will be some debate among academics as to when exactly the Neo-AD calendar actually began, but virtually all will agree around the ten days or so following the lunar calendar winter solstice and within three or four days of the Roman calendar new year.

Some fringe scholars will point out that his arrival is placed closely to that of Christ, although most Biblical historians will still agree the latter was born sometime in August.
Nice, I like this. :lol:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Many years from now, our descendants will refer to these last few days as "The Last Days Before Diallo".

There will be some debate among academics as to when exactly the Neo-AD calendar actually began, but virtually all will agree around the ten days or so following the lunar calendar winter solstice and within three or four days of the Roman calendar new year.

Some fringe scholars will point out that his arrival is placed closely to that of Christ, although most Biblical historians will still agree the latter was born sometime in August.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I nearly peed myself!

Ludens the Red

this thread is so reminiscent of the Mame Biram Diouf signing thread.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

:lol: :lol:

drmuji

The Incoming..... When do you think this titled documentary will be made?

Terminator

:lol:

CM

None of them were actually given proper playing time beyond cameos in the first place.

If Diallo doesn't hit the ground running like Mason did, we won't be seeing him play much at all this year.
Well the reality is none of Mengi, Williams or Pellistri are playing close to a level where you'd expect any of them to be playing at all, never mind regularly.

Isn't that how it should be? Players are picked on merit, not sentiment.

Betson

Know very little about him , is it realistic to expect to see this lad play any minutes for the first team this season?

Alemar

Know very little about him , is it realistic to expect to see this lad play any minutes for the first team this season?
Yes, on January 1st against Villa, maybe... off the bench

hungrywing

Nice, I like this. :lol:
Diallo's blessings be upon you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I nearly peed myself!
And upon you. Go forth, and pee no more. (The exact meaning of this verse will be debated for thousands of years, since clearly Diallo knew it was impossible for one to not physically pee anymore.)

this thread is so reminiscent of the Mame Biram Diouf signing thread.
A rival scholar, I see. Yes, he who was foretold as below-

You mean, The One.
- by the prophet John the Gambitst. (Ironically, that's the one I'll be going to hell for)

The Incoming..... When do you think this titled documentary will be made?
Oh gosh. That's extremely tough to tell, but word on the street is that all production has ceased and it might never happen. It's tough, but understandable, I think.

Woodward had whored himself - I mean the club - out to about sixteen media houses and we'd selected one but apparently the Vatican has stepped in.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Well the reality is none of Mengi, Williams or Pellistri are playing close to a level where you'd expect any of them to be playing at all, never mind regularly.

Isn't that how it should be? Players are picked on merit, not sentiment.
I mean it took Greenwood nearly half a season of impressing in cameos before we finally played him over the likes of Lingard/Peirara/Mata.

Ole just seems to take very long before deciding to give up on certain players despite their continued bad form.

ColvaleGoa

I bow down to your infinite Wisdom, Sir!

DCP

Does anyone else get this thread confused with an Armadillo?

hungrywing

I bow down to your infinite Wisdom, Sir!
Nay, 'tis not mine.

Be not afraid, not even ye Kopites; He will arrive with only the robes he wears and will depart with the bladder of a swine. And all will praise Him, and in so praising, all shall be lifted up themselves. - Diallians 2:5-6

Hoof the ball

Nay, 'tis not mine.

Be not afraid, not even ye Kopites; He will arrive with only the robes he wears and will depart with the bladder of a swine. And all will praise Him, and in so praising, all shall be lifted up themselves. - Diallians 2:5-6
That's actually pretty sound transliteration. I'd be interested on hearing your exegesis on that particular text.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I hope this kid is as good as people are saying as he's likely to be the only addition to the squad for the 2nd half of the season

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I hope this kid is as good as people are saying as he's likely to be the only addition to the squad for the 2nd half of the season
I'd be patient with this kid mate. He's hardly played at first team level so if he does come in and hits the ground running then it would be a nice surprise.

Red00012

Barely played for Atalanta so don’t get your hopes up, granted he had signed for Utd since the summer

Central defender perhaps ?

sneaky bid for Alaba

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Which is fine. It isn’t standard to make additions halfway through a season anyway.

Chief123

I’m more intrigued about whether Caceido gets introduced into the first team. If the deal gets sealed as is expected, I expect him to feature in the first team more than Diallo.

Idxomer

I’m more intrigued about whether Caceido gets introduced into the first team. If the deal gets sealed as is expected, I expect him to feature in the first team more than Diallo.
You're wrong.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
You realise United have Fred, Matic, McTominay.

United have no natural right-winger.

Chief123

You're wrong.
Such an insightful post. This isn’t a computer game. My post has a bit of logic behind it. Caceido is a player who’s already making appearances at international level. Played 4 World Cup qualifiers and assisted and/or scored in 3 of them. Yet you think a kid who’s made a whopping 4 club appearances for a mid table Italian team and has barely played any senior football in the last 12 months is more likely to get minutes than Caceido.

Diallo no doubt probably has more potential. But there’s context and timing to everything.

Last edited:

Chief123

You realise United have Fred, Matic, McTominay.

United have no natural right-winger.
I think a lot of you are living off wishful thinking rather than sensible logic. If you think he’s coming straight into the first team, you’re likely to be in for a surprise.

Idxomer

Such an insightful post. This isn’t a computer game. My post has a bit of logic behind it. Caceido is a player who’s already making appearances at international level. Played 4 World Cup qualifiers and assisted and/or scored in 3 of them. Yet you think a kid who’s made a whopping 4 club appearances for a mid table Italian team and has barely played any senior football in the last 12 months is more likely to get minutes than Caceido.
We have a 35m player who can't buy a start in a similar position, we're stacked in midfield till the summer at least.

Atalanta isn't midtable and progressed into the round 16 of CL at Ajax's expense, they also were in the quarters last year.

I think Diallo got bigger chances to get minutes in the cup and EL. I'm not saying it's gonna be easy for him, he'll have to impress a lot to get a chance there.

Status
Not open for further replies.