Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What is this supposed to prove?

you could probably find a video from the reserves or Chong that make him look even better than diallo. Greenwood did 10x at reserve level but showed it takes a while to settle into men’s football.

we all hope the kid will be a star but if he’s not dancing passed defenders and scoring a hat trick on his debut people will be disappointed at this rate it’s just a bit unhealthy thinking.

GledTheRed

you could probably find a video from the reserves or Chong that make him look even better than diallo. Greenwood did 10x at reserve level but showed it takes a while to settle into men’s football.

we all hope the kid will be a star but if he’s not dancing passed defenders and scoring a hat trick on his debut people will be disappointed at this rate it’s just a bit unhealthy thinking.
Have you seen the kind of things he's doing?

I think myself and other posters are genuinely excited because this kid looks the bollocks mate.

GledTheRed

You do realize that these highlights are made from youth football matches and training sessions? He has played 59 (FIFTY NINE) minutes of senior football in his career. But I guess you are just re-affirming the point I made in my previous post. People basing their opinions and expectations on highlights videos.
He scored a goal in those FIFTY NIME minutes too.

Adam-Utd

Have you seen the kind of things he's doing?

I think myself and other posters are genuinely excited because this kid looks the bollocks mate.
Of course I do - but this is literally reserve/u18 levels you understand that right?

I’m just as excited about him as anybody but I’ll be very surprised if he goes straight into a match squad. They’ll want to give him a chance to adapt to England first before throwing him in just like pellestri.

ash_86

One thing that please me is the fact that he looks like a natural dribbler with low center of gravity which means its quite hard to push him off the ball without committing a foul. Dribbling is very important for Wingers especially as it gives them opportunity to come in and go out at will. I think he has all the tools to own our RW as his own.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Is there anything stopping him from coming over earlier to visit the club and get to know the boys first?

or is that not allowed since he doesn’t have a work permit yet?

Adam-Utd

Is there anything stopping him from coming over earlier to visit the club and get to know the boys first?

or is that not allowed since he doesn’t have a work permit yet?
Well he’s still contracted until January to Atlanta so I don’t see why they’d want him to leave earlier - unless it would help the deal be concluded faster. Seems like now he has an Italian passport the permit will be fine.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Well he’s still contracted until January to Atlanta so I don’t see why they’d want him to leave earlier - unless it would help the deal be concluded faster. Seems like now he has an Italian passport the permit will be fine.
Realistically Atlanta isn’t doing anything with hi , might as well let him come earlier to get over with the 2 weeks quarantine if necessary.

and that’ll help Strengthen the relationship between both clubs, never know when they might want to sell somebody or get in our rejects who seem to perform rather well in Seria A

Crashoutcassius

Doesn't look a 75m pound player to me. Nothing in that clip wowed me. Another ole panic signing

I do think he is a generational talent though. Should walk into the starting xi. Makes you question if he is really oles players

GledTheRed

Of course I do - but this is literally reserve/u18 levels you understand that right?

I’m just as excited about him as anybody but I’ll be very surprised if he goes straight into a match squad. They’ll want to give him a chance to adapt to England first before throwing him in just like pellestri.
Yes I understand.

This kid is rated as one of the hottest properties in the world.

Member 90887

Doesn't look a 75m pound player to me. Nothing in that clip wowed me. Another ole panic signing

I do think he is a generational talent though. Should walk into the starting xi. Makes you question if he is really oles players
There is so much wrong with this post. It's just an incoherent load of bs from start to finish.

Chief123

I think a few people here are going to end up disappointed when he doesn’t walk straight into the first team.

He looks an amazing talent, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him make no appearances in the first team till next season. He may get some minutes in the Europa or FA cup, but other than that I’m not expecting him to feature much this season.

He’s coming to the fastest and most physical league in the world. He’s a small slight player who will take time to adapt to the country never mind the league. We wouldn’t just throw him in at such a young age. It would be easier to do if it was a kid who had been born and bred here and had come through the youth system in English football like Greenwood. I just don’t think Utd will be throwing him straight into senior team.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I'll be staying out of this thread after he makes his debut.

And won't be returning until he's had at least a year to settle and adjust.

kirk buttercup

He will need time to find his feet,become comfortable in his surroundings , Link up with the the team and Adapt to life in Manchester . Realistically We should see him Develop over the next two or three seasons but i wouldnt expect to see too much of him This year Similiar to the Uruguayan kid or Ecuadorian kid we seem to be after. However saying that I am loving this type of Scouting and recruiting I love the idea of rebuilding a squad with Young rising stars from around the planet . This to me is what United are all about Bringing through young players and making superstars out of them. These are the most exciting types of signings.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I cannot believe people's expectations around here. I don't think it's unfair to say that 99% of the people commenting in this thread have never seen Diallo play live and your opinions and expectations are based on highlights videos. We are talking about a 18 year old boy who has NEVER played 90 minutes of senior football in his life. In total, he has played 59 minutes of senior football and has been in the squad for Atalanta men's team for 20 games.

I see people saying he will hit the ground running and become a starter in January. Then other are saying he will take a while to start playing but then will be this amazing player who will transform our season. I just cannot understand on what are all of you basing these outlandish statements?

He may well be a fantastic talent and might not even need a long time to adapt to the Premier League, life in England and his new team but expecting him to be a game changer? I'm lost...You do realize that senior football is nothing like academy football? He will face men who are used to playing against Salah, Bernardo Silva, Rashford, Pulisic and Son.

I'm writing this for your own sake. Be reasonable and realistic. I'm super excited about Diallo but I honestly expect him to spend a few months in the U23s and have very wobbly games for the first team when given the chance (if at all this season). Same for Pellistri.

Do not make Diallo a failure of your unrealistic and unreasonable expectations.
You must be new here, to the Caf.

99%? That's a tad optimistic. I would suggest that you add a couple more 9s after the decimal point.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

£75M? I heard it was closer to Sancho money.

:rolleyes:

HowYouDoin

New players are always a crapshot but everything about this kid just screams class to me. For example a few games he came on late did you see the weight on those passes? It was perfect. Not just dribbling, I mean everything. Even the smallest details.

And as for people saying he will need time to adjust to the life in Manchester, nah nah nah. This kid has been through much worse, given his life story you really think moving to a life of luxury will be a problem from him? He"ll be ready as soon as he lands I think.

Again, its always a crapshot, I just happen to really like Diallo. For example I dont rate Chong, Gomes, Pellestri, none of them really stand out to me in any way. Same for Januzaj for example. Never saw a player there. Even Memphis I wasnt crazy about, didnt jump on the Martial train etc.
What Im trying to say is, I dont get hyped up about players so easily.

This kid just seems special though. Everything about his game looks great to me. Just pure class. Great touch. Just has everything.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

I do think he is a generational talent though. Should walk into the starting xi.
Makes you question if he is really oles players
I'm trying to wrap my head around this. Surely those statements are contradictory?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

What a roller coaster!

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905

Are you seriously comparign Chong and Diallo? Chong is decent but won´t make it here as he´s physically week and dribbling is very inconsistent, with not exactly spectacular finishing.

Diallo from the little we could see has a pretty good strong body core for someone as young, dribbles much better and seems a decent finisher with both feet. Obviously it will be a big step up for him but I think if anyone hits the ground running it could be him. he´s not a pace merchant but a great full of tricks winger with a low centre of gravity with very good close control, kind of like Nani and Mane altogether.. There is a reason he cost 25 mil, before having any menaingful gametime at senior level..

Adam-Utd

Are you seriously comparign Chong and Diallo? Chong is decent but won´t make it here as he´s physically week and dribbling is very inconsistent, with not exactly spectacular finishing.

Diallo from the little we could see has a pretty good strong body core for someone as young, dribbles much better and seems a decent finisher with both feet. Obviously it will be a big step up for him but I think if anyone hits the ground running it could be him. he´s not a pace merchant but a great full of tricks winger with a low centre of gravity with very good close control, kind of like Nani and Mane altogether.. There is a reason he cost 25 mil, before having any menaingful gametime at senior level..
Did you even read the post? I said youtube videos can be misleading and that Chong will have plenty of highlights at that level that would make him look a world beater.

georgipep

You must be new here, to the Caf.

99%? That's a tad optimistic. I would suggest that you add a couple more 9s after the decimal point.
Yeah, people are setting themselves for disappointment...and not because Diallo wont' be good enough. Purely because of this frenzy to have the next best thing deliver like Messi in their teens. Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.