Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Yeah, people are setting themselves for disappointment...and not because Diallo wont' be good enough. Purely because of this frenzy to have the next best thing deliver like Messi in their teens. Madness.
I don't think majority of they are being serious.

MalcolmTucker

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun a little but I honestly think if this lad settles in alright then we could be a dark horse for the world cup

GGMU!

AneRu

He will need time to find his feet,become comfortable in his surroundings , Link up with the the team and Adapt to life in Manchester . Realistically We should see him Develop over the next two or three seasons but i wouldnt expect to see too much of him This year Similiar to the Uruguayan kid or Ecuadorian kid we seem to be after. However saying that I am loving this type of Scouting and recruiting I love the idea of rebuilding a squad with Young rising stars from around the planet . This to me is what United are all about Bringing through young players and making superstars out of them. These are the most exciting types of signings.
Right on, these signings are what we are about. Bringing in a few rough diamonds fusing them with youth team graduates and signing the occasional superstar.

To think of the fees we paid for Di Maria, Memphis and the crazy contracts handed out to Sanchez but it turns out that a Manc kid Rashford is now the undisputed starter for that role just shows how lost we had got when Fergie left.

HowYouDoin

If you want to make the effort (I wouldn't), list the people with the high expectations and wait to see who is disappointed in March.
Put me on the list if you will.
Heres my affidavit. Diallo will be great for us and a regular first team member by march.

HowYouDoin

I hope with all my heart you are right. And I hope you won't be moaning and disappointed if he isn't.
If Im wrong, Im wrong. He is a young player, it would be reasonable to expect that he will need time to settle. No big deal if he doesnt exactly set the earth on fire as soon as he gets here. Even more established players, grown men, took time to adjust to the PL.

However Im willing to go out on the limb and predict that Diallo will be a success right away. He is just an extraordinary talent.

Worst case scenario I still think he is much better than Dan James and I dont mean that as disrespect to James.

GledTheRed

Are you trying to be smart and wanted to say 1.5 goals per 90 minutes?

Because he played 5 games, 59 minutes, 1 goal. That's 0.2 goals per game and 1.52 per 90.
Yeah goal every 59 minutes mate, slightly better than 1.5 goals a game then but I'll take that.

What an absolutely generational talent.

If you want to make the effort (I wouldn't), list the people with the high expectations and wait to see who is disappointed in March.
Id love him to burst into the scene. But the odds are seriously against it, given he’s coming from a new league, his age, and most importantly that’s he’s barely ever played a men’s football match.

there’s a lot of expectation, just because he’s a right winger! I’m excited to see him get some minutes, but don’t expect to see much of him until next season.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
How come they know how and when he is flying in from another country, when and where he got his passport from but manage to not know the correct transfer fee? They just lie for the giggles at this point.

georgipep

If Im wrong, Im wrong. He is a young player, it would be reasonable to expect that he will need time to settle. No big deal if he doesnt exactly set the earth on fire as soon as he gets here. Even more established players, grown men, took time to adjust to the PL.

However Im willing to go out on the limb and predict that Diallo will be a success right away. He is just an extraordinary talent.

Worst case scenario I still think he is much better than Dan James and I dont mean that as disrespect to James.
I'm with you. He looks amazing on YouTube but I've seen many highlights "generational players" crash and burn when put against real, top professional men from an elite division like the Premier League.

Yeah goal every 59 minutes mate, slightly better than 1.5 goals a game then but I'll take that.

What an absolutely generational talent.
I share your excitement but 1 goal from 5 cameo appearances is not nearly large enough sample size to make any reasonable judgement on him. If he keeps that goal rate (I'll take G+A and 0.5 / 90 too) for Manchester United first team, I'll be the first to praise him on here!

Id love him to burst into the scene. But the odds are seriously against it, given he’s coming from a new league, his age, and most importantly that’s he’s barely ever played a men’s football match.

there’s a lot of expectation, just because he’s a right winger! I’m excited to see him get some minutes, but don’t expect to see much of him until next season.
Yeah, I feel the fact he's a right winger adds another 30% of expectations. Pellistri is lucky, in a sense, not having the same level of expectations on him. But he is also probably a bit jealous and/or worried.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Did you even read the post? I said youtube videos can be misleading and that Chong will have plenty of highlights at that level that would make him look a world beater.
I read your post, and I have never seen Chong do stuff Diallo does in a video, sure Chong has a good highlight reel too but you can spot a different skillset of both players easily. I am not saying Diallo will make it but he´s got a better chane imho. Chong was always overrated and perhaps unlucky with a bad injury which took a year of his development..

luke511

Highlights from 19/20 vs Lyon in the UEFA youth league, very early days but he seems to have that consistency only the top players have.

In Rainbows

Highlights from 19/20 vs Lyon in the UEFA youth league, very early days but he seems to have that consistency only the top players have.
That's something I like to look at too now a days. Not consistency in effectiveness (impact/performance), but consistency in whatever they try over a wide range of things. Of course, the former is important too. That's something I noticed with Greenwood at that level.

luke511

That's something I like to look at too now a days. Not consistency in effectiveness (impact/performance), but consistency in whatever they try over a wide range of things. Of course, the former is important too. That's something I noticed with Greenwood at that level.
Yeah agreed. It's something we probably pay more attention to after having to endure an overload of inconsistency watching United *cough* martial. He hardly ever misses a pass on all the individual highlights I've watched, and he rarely gets tackled when attempting to dribble past a man either. Very exciting talent.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Yeah agreed. It's something we probably pay more attention to after having to endure an overload of inconsistency watching United *cough* martial. He hardly ever misses a pass on all the individual highlights I've watched, and he rarely gets tackled when attempting to dribble past a man either. Very exciting talent.
I am all excited but do you really believe that he doesn´t misplace a pass or is 100% successful dribbler? That´s why it´s only highlights reel and editors almost always include good shots and almost never failed attempts.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
He reminds me of Gael Kakuta at the same age, same silky left foot with a ton of creativity in that inverted winger role.
I hope you guys will be able to a better job than chelsea to develop him, I'm a sucker for elegant, almost old-school, players like that.

Tallis

I worry about the expectation that is being placed on him. Hopefully, fans and the media give him some time before he is labelled a flop and waste of money.

I worry a little for Amad. Our requirement for a right sided forward is an immediate one and I worry fans are not going to be patient. Generally, players have to acclimatise to a new team and / or a new league - he has to do both but also-acclimatise to senior football which he hasn’t played much off and deal with the expectations.

Best case scenario - he hits the ground running and scores some goals / assists. If not, then we need Mason to step it up few notches so Amad has more time to develop (until Mason is ready to move to CF).

Reactions: Sultan

luke511

I am all excited but do you really believe that he doesn´t misplace a pass or is 100% successful dribbler? That´s why it´s only highlights reel and editors almost always include good shots and almost never failed attempts.
I said "rarely" and I was referring to individual highlights from a single game. There's a good chance that the editor has missed out several instances of misplaced passes/unsuccessful dribbles, but I recall the ones I've watched including the unsuccessful passes/dribbles as well as the successful passes/dribbles.

eire-red

Nit gonna lie, getting great amusement out of some of the posts in this thread.

I guess the only positive from being dumped out of the CL is that we can hopefully give some minutes to this lad, and hopefully Pellestri and Caicedo (if he signs).

I have high hopes for this lad. It's a fantastic opportunity for a young guy like him to come into the team in a position we're crying out for a natural.

Chief123

I worry about the expectation that is being placed on him. Hopefully, fans and the media give him some time before he is labelled a flop and waste of money.

I worry a little for Amad. Our requirement for a right sided forward is an immediate one and I worry fans are not going to be patient. Generally, players have to acclimatise to a new team and / or a new league - he has to do both but also-acclimatise to senior football which he hasn’t played much off and deal with the expectations.

Best case scenario - he hits the ground running and scores some goals / assists. If not, then we need Mason to step it up few notches so Amad has more time to develop (until Mason is ready to move to CF).
I think the expectation levels are ridiculous.

However, I fully expect him to score a hat trick at anfield in a couple of weeks.

Red00012

Nit gonna lie, getting great amusement out of some of the posts in this thread.

I guess the only positive from being dumped out of the CL is that we can hopefully give some minutes to this lad, and hopefully Pellestri and Caicedo (if he signs).

I have high hopes for this lad. It's a fantastic opportunity for a young guy like him to come into the team in a position we're crying out for a natural.
We play Sociedad in the 1st knockout stages , there’s 0 chance we’ll see any of these players play in that game and no chance of seeing Caicedo play this season either.

eire-red

We play Sociedad in the 1st knockout stages , there’s 0 chance we’ll see any of these players play in that game and no chance of seeing Caicedo play this season either.
Of course, I had actually forgotten about the draw. Probably won't see him unless we rack up a big first leg win (unlikely), or get a favourable draw in the R16.

At this stage, I'd be trying to whittle down as much of James' minutes as possible and giving them to Diallo. I would definitely like to see all 3 of our younger signings get a chance at some stage. Caicedo in particular looks ready to be part of the first team squad. He has 4 caps for Ecuador, and played some really good stuff against the likes of Uruguay, containing a midfield of Valverde and Bentancur.

I really like the direction we've been going lately with youth, some fantastic looking signings being made into the underage ranks as well.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’m going to stick a few quid on him to come on and do a martial v Liverpool. I wouldn’t be surprised if he looks very lively straight away but tapers off by the start of next season as teams get used to him. how he comes through that phase is what separates good prospects from the real top players. I Cant wait to see what he can do and how far he can go. He’s looked very impressive in his senior appearances already.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I’m going to stick a few quid on him to come on and do a martial v Liverpool. I wouldn’t be surprised if he looks very lively straight away but tapers off by the start of next season as teams get used to him. how he comes through that phase is what separates good prospects from the real top players. I Cant wait to see what he can do and how far he can go. He’s looked very impressive in his senior appearances already.
Will he even get game time like Martial did from the go ? I highly doubt it

Teja

Will he even get game time like Martial did from the go ? I highly doubt it
I say just throw him to the sharks. I think he'll do just fine.

But the club will probably get him to play U23s first like Pellestri, get him set up with a house and a car, get someone who speaks French (assuming he does speak French) to show him around the place, train a bit with the first team etc.

I think he'll impress enough in his first month with the U23s to become a full first team squad member by March.

0le

Ole will put him on the bench in the name of "managing a young player" while everyone plea for him to play ahead of the likes of Mata, James and underperforming players, while a real shot at a potential title challenge fades away. We will hear stuff about how he is not ready and adapting to the league.

At some point, he will put in a game-changing performance from the bench that he cannot be ignored anymore, and "managing a young player" narrative will go out the window.

He will magically become ready to start the next game, performing well most weeks, while everyone put a spin on it and pretend like playing the likes of James, Mata and out of form players ahead of him was a masterclass in management after all.

"He was maturating and adapting to the league", they would say, while we try to work our way back up from the Europa League places. It will happen, it happens every time.
Can you name a young player where this has happened under Ole? It has not happened with Tuanzebe and Mengi whilst Greenwood has continued to be in and out of the team. Pellestri has not featured at all and there is not a significant clamour for him to start. Williams has drifted in and out of the team as well.

Stadjer

Can you name a young player where this has happened under Ole? It has not happened with Tuanzebe and Mengi whilst Greenwood has continued to be in and out of the team. Pellestri has not featured at all and there is not a significant clamour for him to start. Williams has drifted in and out of the team as well.
Pre covid last season Lingard started a lot of games on the right wing (Andreas was playing in midfield during those games) while Greenwood was already clearly a better option.

CM

None of them have put a consistent run together to warrant continued selection.

Solskjaer doesn't take the youngsters out for the sake of doing so, it's just rare for youngsters to perform consistently well at this level. Greenwood was playing near enough every game in the summer but he has stalled a bit since. If Diallo plays well that position is there to make his own.

hungrywing

Many years from now, our descendants will refer to these last few days as "The Last Days Before Diallo".

There will be some debate among academics as to when exactly the Neo-AD calendar actually began, but virtually all will agree around the ten days or so following the lunar calendar winter solstice and within three or four days of the Roman calendar new year.

Some fringe scholars will point out that his arrival is placed closely to that of Christ, although most Biblical historians will still agree the latter was born sometime in August.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
None of them have put a consistent run together to warrant continued selection.

Solskjaer doesn't take the youngsters out for the sake of doing so, it's just rare for youngsters to perform consistently well at this level. Greenwood was playing near enough every game in the summer but he has stalled a bit since. If Diallo plays well that position is there to make his own.
None of them were actually given proper playing time beyond cameos in the first place.

If Diallo doesn't hit the ground running like Mason did, we won't be seeing him play much at all this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.