6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

So is there a reason why he doesn't seem to feature all that much for Atalanta but there are hopes he'll be playing for our first team when he gets here?

Am I missing something?
Of course. Why does Atalanta need to play him if he is already sold? They are better off playing their players who can also increase their sale value

McSauce FC

Of course. Why does Atalanta need to play him if he is already sold? They are better off playing their players who can also increase their sale value
Apparently Atalanta doesn’t play with wings (352).

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I think he’ll need to sort out accommodation, acclimatisation etc. That’ll take a couple of weeks I’d say
This is madness. You mean he has to stash his toothbrush and pajamas and get a place to sleep sorted BEFORE lined out for the first team? What’s the world coming to?

eire-red

He looks like a natural right winger, I have high hopes for this kid. All the reports seem to be positive.

One thing I'm hoping is that he's more of a creative type of winger. In Rashford, Greenwood, Cavani and Martial we have enough forwards that their first instincts are to look for the goal. We need a bit more creativity from the flanks.

If this guy can provide genuine width, beat his man and provide that ability to get in behind from wide position then hopefully he will slot in nicely.

Loon

:lol:
I know sod-all about this lad and yet I'm excited to see him play based on the testimonials of folk here. Am I set up for a disappointment?

I know sod-all about this lad and yet I'm excited to see him play based on the testimonials of folk here. Am I set up for a disappointment?
probably.

not seen anything of him either, but I’m not expecting him to start many/ any games between now and the end of the season. More likely to kick in next year*

*based simply on his age, and lack of game time during his career this far.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

drmuji

I remember reading on redcafe back then. I don't know if those threads are archived here, everyone here at the time thought we should go for Quaresma, who was certainly the more well regarded of the two. Then there were rumors we will sign both Quaresma and Ronaldo. It actually came as a surprise to mant here when we only signed Ronaldo for 12m.
Ohhhh Yeah, I remember that. Quaresema was our first choice and Ronaldo was just an option then. I remember 12 million for Quaresema and lesser was Quoted for Ronaldo. I was really disappointed then we didn't sign Quaresema. I still think though talent wise he is better than Ronaldo but for a person to be successful talent only is a part of it.

Himannv

Surely you play the players most likely to win you games
Atalanta play 3-4-1-2 with two physical strikers up front and Gomez in the AM slot. It's a very established front 3 as well and they scored 98 goals in 38 games last season in Serie A, which is more than any other Italian team. They're a very attacking team with a fixed formation and style of play. They press from the front a bit like Leeds do and their formation also helps in their build-up play, with important roles for their front 2 in terms of space creation and providing passing options from the back.

I watched a fair bit of Atalanta last season but I've never seen him play so I can't comment on whether he's any good or not. I think a RW (or even a wing forward) doesn't quite fit into that system though and they've got no problems with scoring goals so he isn't really an obvious choice to throw in to win games. Their problems with winning games lie elsewhere.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He looks tiny in that photo with the 1st team players. Angel G stature?
Don’t think it’s a great angle, looked tall enough in the recent CL(?) match he came on in.

RkkMan

So is there a reason why he doesn't seem to feature all that much for Atalanta but there are hopes he'll be playing for our first team when he gets here?

Am I missing something?
This has been covered 10000 times in this thread. Atalanta play a 3-5-2 system with no natural wingers so they can`t find space for him not due to lack of talent but due to how they play. Gasperini is like Bielsa very philosophical with his system he wouldn`t change his style even for Mbappe. Kuvuzelski barely got game time with them as well like Amad for similar reasons but Juve are reaping the benefits of their gamble so there`s no worry Amad will be good enough for us

0le

Will there be any issues in him getting into the country given the travel bans?

Mark Pawelek

Will there be any issues in him getting into the country given the travel bans?
I think the travel ban relates to players going from UK to Italy. Because of the mutant strain of coronavirus we have here. He'll need to self-isolate for 10 days after arriving here.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Obviously that’s possible as he looks a great talent but I’d say it’s 80% unlikely that we’ll even see him before March.

they’ll let him settle in and train for a while then play some reserve matches. Unless he’s absolutely destroying them in training, but I think people need to reign in their expectations as they’ll just get frustrated and start blaming ole :lol:

this guy saying “9 days until he’s on the pitch” I think he’s in for a shock.
I do largely agree just expections need to be realistic but here’s hoping he does come in and have an immediate impact.

Mark Pawelek

Being clearer in terms of being in a different thread ?
I'm with Jeppers7 - when the thread title says Amad Diallo - talk about him. If you want to talk about another player for some reason mention him by name please. There are lots of almost unreadable threads at the Cafe which ramble on for pages talking about miscellaneous players (not mentioned in a subject line). We're supposed to keep track of who you're talking about because someone name-dropped two pages back?

georgipep

I cannot believe people's expectations around here. I don't think it's unfair to say that 99% of the people commenting in this thread have never seen Diallo play live and your opinions and expectations are based on highlights videos. We are talking about a 18 year old boy who has NEVER played 90 minutes of senior football in his life. In total, he has played 59 minutes of senior football and has been in the squad for Atalanta men's team for 20 games.

I see people saying he will hit the ground running and become a starter in January. Then other are saying he will take a while to start playing but then will be this amazing player who will transform our season. I just cannot understand on what are all of you basing these outlandish statements?

He may well be a fantastic talent and might not even need a long time to adapt to the Premier League, life in England and his new team but expecting him to be a game changer? I'm lost...You do realize that senior football is nothing like academy football? He will face men who are used to playing against Salah, Bernardo Silva, Rashford, Pulisic and Son.

I'm writing this for your own sake. Be reasonable and realistic. I'm super excited about Diallo but I honestly expect him to spend a few months in the U23s and have very wobbly games for the first team when given the chance (if at all this season). Same for Pellistri.

Do not make Diallo a failure of your unrealistic and unreasonable expectations.

GledTheRed

I cannot believe people's expectations around here. I don't think it's unfair to say that 99% of the people commenting in this thread have never seen Diallo play live and your opinions and expectations are based on highlights videos. We are talking about a 18 year old boy who has NEVER played 90 minutes of senior football in his life. In total, he has played 59 minutes of senior football and has been in the squad for Atalanta men's team for 20 games.

I see people saying he will hit the ground running and become a starter in January. Then other are saying he will take a while to start playing but then will be this amazing player who will transform our season. I just cannot understand on what are all of you basing these outlandish statements?

He may well be a fantastic talent and might not even need a long time to adapt to the Premier League, life in England and his new team but expecting him to be a game changer? I'm lost...You do realize that senior football is nothing like academy football? He will face men who are used to playing against Salah, Bernardo Silva, Rashford, Pulisic and Son.

I'm writing this for your own sake. Be reasonable and realistic. I'm super excited about Diallo but I honestly expect him to spend a few months in the U23s and have very wobbly games for the first team when given the chance (if at all this season). Same for Pellistri.

Do not make Diallo a failure of your unrealistic and unreasonable expectations.

DevTheRed

Fully expecting him to be involved one way or another. I do think he’s further along development wise than Pellistri and fully expect him to be in match day squads after the first few weeks of settling in.

Certainly not expecting him to set the league alight but he will get minutes given the lack of depth in that area. Very excited to see him play!

Kag

If he looks the tits in the training then Ole will give him a go. He won’t wait around.

Plus, we now have the added benefit of being able to name nine players on the bench. There’s going to be room for a couple of youngsters on there.

drmuji

Exactly. You don't pay 25 million + 15 add ons for 8 matches players. That's Ronaldo kind of money and if you could precisely remember, Ronaldo hardly played first team football in Sporting.
I really do hope that he turns out good because the system is very set in this team and one cog (RW) is missing
United will never pay that kind of money for just A kid

georgipep

You do realize that these highlights are made from youth football matches and training sessions? He has played 59 (FIFTY NINE) minutes of senior football in his career. But I guess you are just re-affirming the point I made in my previous post. People basing their opinions and expectations on highlights videos.

georgipep

Exactly. You don't pay 25 million + 15 add ons for 8 matches players. That's Ronaldo kind of money and if you could precisely remember, Ronaldo hardly played first team football in Sporting.
I really do hope that he turns out good because the system is very set in this team and one cog (RW) is missing
United will never pay that kind of money for just A kid
Ronaldo played 28 games for Sporting 5 of which he played the full 90 minutes. A total of 1391 minutes. That's "only" 1332 minutes more than Diallo. The difference in his preparation for senior football is night and day. I hope Diallo is so good that he is able to make an immediate impact but I do not expect it at all. He is a young boy who hasn't even started playing men's football and we are going to pile enormous expectations on him due to: a) high transfer fee, b) his highlights videos and c) our team's lack of a proper RW

Mcking

Will Diallo immediately start playing for the team, or will it be more like Pellistri (not playing at all)?
Ole will put him on the bench in the name of "managing a young player" while everyone plea for him to play ahead of the likes of Mata, James and underperforming players, while a real shot at a potential title challenge fades away. We will hear stuff about how he is not ready and adapting to the league.

At some point, he will put in a game-changing performance from the bench that he cannot be ignored anymore, and "managing a young player" narrative will go out the window.

He will magically become ready to start the next game, performing well most weeks, while everyone put a spin on it and pretend like playing the likes of James, Mata and out of form players ahead of him was a masterclass in management after all.

"He was maturating and adapting to the league", they would say, while we try to work our way back up from the Europa League places. It will happen, it happens every time.

Dan600

I wouldn’t have been expecting to see him much this season for the senior team, but I imagine now we’ve dropped into the EuropaLeague we’ll get to see more of him this season in that competition. Probably Pellistri too.

As much as it would be lovely for him to come in and have a big impact ala Kulusevski at Juve, he’ll need to a bit more time to settle I imagine, to learn the basics of the language (unless he already speaks English?) and stuff before he starts playing more regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.