6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven7290

Don't think he's ready for first team football yet, especially not in this high pressure period. Physically he's getting bullied off the ball, technically great but the speed and consistency of execution still needs improvements. We need to be patient with his integration to the team.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Does he have 3 goals and 3 assists in 2 games?

That's insane

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Amad looks like he has added some bulk in the last few weeks. Thicker upper body than when he first came.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's like a black Eden Hazard. He doesn't slalom like Messi, just twists and turns until he shakes off his marker.

Tapori

What impresses me every time we see his highlights - and yes they are ONLy highlights - Is the clear decisions he makes: Even if they're not fully executed/reach targets - These decisions are the right or top 3 choices he could make in any given move. At speed and pace.

A poster mentioned Nani - Perhaps, but this lad has a ticking brain for the wider play and awareness of how best to attack. BRAIN

ROFLUTION

Wow, watching him play with Mejbri looks like two birds instantly singing along to the same tune. Looks like a new mould is emerging at youth level.

Can't wait to get these two involved with the first team.

Jacob

Don't think he's ready for first team football yet, especially not in this high pressure period. Physically he's getting bullied off the ball, technically great but the speed and consistency of execution still needs improvements. We need to be patient with his integration to the team.
Or else what? At worst he'll do as good as James. It will be a lesson for him as well.

Idxomer

He has a good footballing brain, the way he dragged defenders away to create space for Neville was quality.

UmbroDays

I don't see how anyone can disagree with this.

There maybe other factors that mean he doesn't get the game time yet but in terms of just football he is clearly too good for that level.
Exactly.

Unless it’s for fitness in the British game VS the less physical Italian game as he is small in nature. But putting him against other small young adults won’t help him.

I’m ok with having him play two games in the u23, but I watched the first game and most of his action in the second and at this stage he’s not doing anything we didn’t expect from him if you saw his Atalanta u23/reserve games.

Red_toad

Exactly.

Unless it’s for fitness in the British game VS the less physical Italian game as he is small in nature. But putting him against other small young adults won’t help him.

I’m ok with having him play two games in the u23, but I watched the first game and most of his action in the second and at this stage he’s not doing anything we didn’t expect from him if you saw his Atalanta u23/reserve games.
Was a 30 year old playing for Blackburn. If he’s playing under 23’s he’ll be getting plenty of time against fully blown adults. As far as I can see he’s been very well managed, but we have a lot of impatient fans who wish to rush everything. His time will come once the coaching staff decide he’s ready.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think it's clear he's at least stronger than Dan James is, so I disagree.

Tallis

He is definitely too good for U23 level. We should start giving him game time

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What I would say is I wouldn’t expect Dan James to perform that well if he dropped down to the under 23s.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm not saying he is 100% ready for first team football, but I think some have forgotten that he has made appearances for Atalanta first team, as well as making a Champions League cameo. He's not as inexperienced or green as people on here think he is.

I think he deserves a bench slot against West Ham in the FA Cup - even if he doesn't get off it, it'll phase him into being in our travelling squad.

His performances show he deserves to be knocking on the door, and people who say its too early may be right - but doesn't mean we should under-state the fact he looks levels above what he's playing at.

markhughes

His highlights are good and is involvement in 4 goals yesterday is impressive however if you watch his general play yesterday he is not ready for the premier league.

He is trying to do too much in the wrong areas of the pitch at times and is easily bullied off the ball. Both those things are I’ll improve in time and he is an exciting prospect.

Honestly I know most of you won’t agree but a year in the Championship would do this lad the world of good, it’s a tough league and can be the making of young players like him.

Kag

When was he bullied off the ball? I checked in for half hour last night and didn’t see that happen. He was fouled, as were half the team, but that’s something different altogether.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Reminds me of a left footed Nani but with a genuine high-level footballing brain. Scary talent.

UmbroDays

Was a 30 year old playing for Blackburn. If he’s playing under 23’s he’ll be getting plenty of time against fully blown adults. As far as I can see he’s been very well managed, but we have a lot of impatient fans who wish to rush everything. His time will come once the coaching staff decide he’s ready.
Well the whole Liverpool team were youngsters and I guess there was maybe a maximum of 2 older people in both games.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's like a black Eden Hazard. He doesn't slalom like Messi, just twists and turns until he shakes off his marker.
That’s exactly what I was thinking. He’s a clever thinker like Hazard too. Knows exactly when to release the ball etc. Exactly the type of player we’re missing in the side — mostly why I want Sancho. If Amad can grow into that role...

RedStarUnited

Amad is a genius footballing brain - Messi with pace. He seems like the polar opposite of Greenwood. Amad would rather pass than shoot while Greenwood would do vice versa. The "taking the piss" with Mejbri leading to a shot on goal for Levitt was his best moment. If Amad/Mejbri/Shoretire make it to the first team looking even half of how good they looked today, we have a nailed on FIFA Team of the Year player in Amad.
haha do you know how electric Messi was before turning 30?

laughtersassassin

Should be on the first team bench for sure. Way too good for Under 23s.

Sure he will get outmuscled sometimes but so does Mata and James when they play. Difference is Amad is quicker than Mata ana better than James.

Also as the only right winger our club owns it's a no brainer to start giving him minutes.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He actually does remind me of Grealish to be fair. Loves to hold onto the ball, pass his way out of trouble, and that little side pass into the box with perfect weight.

Steven7290

Or else what? At worst he'll do as good as James. It will be a lesson for him as well.
or else when he doesnt perform as well as people expect, they will unfailingly slaughter him and put a dent in his confidence. that'll do no good for his development.

I think it's clear he's at least stronger than Dan James is, so I disagree.
I dont think it is that clear tbh. He's playing against U23 players and James 1st team football. Much more technical and better decision yes, stronger or faster I dont agree.

When was he bullied off the ball? I checked in for half hour last night and didn’t see that happen. He was fouled, as were half the team, but that’s something different altogether.
I'm not speaking in isolation of the Blackburn match but in the last couple games. But just in that game there were a couple instances, before those lovely exchanges with Meijbri at the side of their boxes, where he was shielded off the ball by some kids not much bigger than he is.
Not often thanks to his speed and close control but when it happens you can see he needs some more strength to perform well in the PL

Last edited:

Valencia Shin Crosses

His highlights are good and is involvement in 4 goals yesterday is impressive however if you watch his general play yesterday he is not ready for the premier league.

He is trying to do too much in the wrong areas of the pitch at times and is easily bullied off the ball. Both those things are I’ll improve in time and he is an exciting prospect.

Honestly I know most of you won’t agree but a year in the Championship would do this lad the world of good, it’s a tough league and can be the making of young players like him.
What? His general play was fantastic and the most impressive part of his game was his decision making, so I completely disagree with you there. And shipping a player like him off the to Championship would be dumb, he doesn’t need to be kicked to get better and his brain clearly moves on a level that means he would get better around BETTER players not worse players.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
He's quite clearly good enough for chances in the first team. Whether he sinks or swims straight away is up in the air, but his skillset seems pretty well suited to our way of playing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I dont think it is that clear tbh. He's playing against U23 players and James 1st team football. Much more technical and better decision yes, stronger or faster I dont agree.
Diallo didn't look weak in his brief CL / first team Atalanta appearances either. He's short but misleadingly strong and maintains his balance even in awkward positions, it gave me a Mane vibe about him. James on the other hand gets shrugged off the ball all the time it seems.

bsCallout

Diallo didn't look weak in his brief CL / first team Atalanta appearances either. He's short but misleadingly strong and maintains his balance even in awkward positions, it gave me a Mane vibe about him. James on the other hand gets shrugged off the ball all the time it seems.
Definitely. He is surprisingly strong, I suspect similar to Messi in using that low centre of gravity.

Bwuk

Did someone honestly suggest sending him to the championship on loan?

Sorry what?

Steven7290

He gets shrugged off more easily partly cuz of the way he dribbles, keeping the ball so far from his body and allow people to body him without a foul. With Amad close control, you can't really body him without giving away a foul.

However in situations that Amad needs to compete physically with a defender for a loose ball he still loses out.

macheda14

He’ll only get stronger when playing against stronger opponents and training with the first teams. Just look at how Marcus and Mason both filled out after their first season with the first team.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I can understand why people would be concerned about physicality but I do also think he has the tools to cope. Technically he’s on another level, not just as a youth player but more generally. His control, dribbling and general ball manipulation is on a very good level already. What that does is it buys you time, and that’s not just at under 23 level, that’s at every level of football. It’s why players like Shaw are so good because he can control the ball instantly providing extra time to think or act.

Amad also has the benefit of pace and sharp acceleration. Where someone like Angel Gomes struggled was his lack of physical size combined with his lack of pace which meant he was always bound to struggle at senior level. With Diallo, while he might lack the frame, he’s got a great turn of pace to get himself out of trouble.

Overall, the more apprehensive posters might be correct, he might not yet be physically ready for men’s football, but what I’m trying to say is don’t be surprised if that isn’t the case and Diallo can actually come in and surprise afew people. Often the very best players are able to hide physical deficiencies behind a footballing brain and fantastic technical ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.