Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I dont think we will see him playing tomorrow as OGS will now be prioritising the FA Cup since were out of the title chase.
I wouldn't say we're completely out though it's looking ominous, but even if City continue their form, we'll still want to prioritise the league and finish as high up as and with as healthy a point tally as possible (Ole has taken us twice to 66 points, he no doubt wants to crack the 80 point target).

And I think Diallo will feature in the squad tomorrow.

NYAS

I don’t think that’s really what it is. Ole has already said he expects him to be featured in the squad sooner rather than later. It’s not on the reserve set up to tell him when he’s ready. Ole and the first team coaching staff will be making that choice. I expect that he’ll most likely be in the FA Cup squad on weds, but play in the U23s match against Friday as that’s their last home game in a while - players in the first team bubble don’t travel for u23 away games. After that he’ll start to be properly integrated.
He played at Liverpool though. Don’t think that’s an issue.

MileStolar

As is par for course for a forum, there are 2 schools of thought here, one which thinks his quality and our lack of options in RW means he will get chances and do well, while the other argues he is not ready, needs time to get used to things here, improve strength etc.. And obviously we don't have a lot of information, compared to the coaches. So we shall see what happens.
There is also a third one which states well known stuff and says nothing new on the matter, doesn't even offer an opinion.

0le

There is also a third one which states well known stuff and says nothing new on the matter, doesn't even offer an opinion.
There is a fourth one, where we have to figure out who the player is most similar to.

mav_9me

That was a summary of the thread. If you had read the thread you may have noted that my opinion is that he is ready for first team action.

essao

Calm down please, you watch highlights of Diallo and claim his decision making is better than in much higher pace in the EPL than Rashford judging him watching the full game? Even in the extended highlights which doesn´t show all his weaknesses you can see a lot of underhit passes and wrong decisions. He´s a superb talent but stop with this hyperbole, him being ready to displace some first team players. For my money he can be on the bench instead of Juan Mata/James and be a better option for thre last ten minutes but no way should he start a full game yet. He needs to build fitness too which has a massive efect on first team performances alone.
Diallo is better than James, who really is just a squad player. Whereas he has contributed with several assists, the Rashford of the last one month has been absolutely diabolical in his decision-making. Even James has been better in his brief appearances. I agree that the EPL has higher pace but on the other hand the under23 games are sometimes played in difficult conditions ;for example the windy conditions in the Liverpool game( which, by the way, I watched in its entirety).The clamor for Diallo is because the team urgently needs a real threat on the RW. Ole just needs to give it a try.

Glorio

Glorio

Diallo is better than James, who really is just a squad player. Whereas he has contributed with several assists, the Rashford of the last one month has been absolutely diabolical in his decision-making. Even James has been better in his brief appearances. I agree that the EPL has higher pace but on the other hand the under23 games are sometimes played in difficult conditions ;for example the windy conditions in the Liverpool game( which, by the way, I watched in its entirety).The clamor for Diallo is because the team urgently needs a real threat on the RW. Ole just needs to give it a try.
Not sure why Rashford is being mentioned. He was shoehorned on the right hand side and it showed. Mason has been starting on the right recently and doing a good job of it - Ole has said as much, and anyone who has watched our last few games would say the same.

Btw did you watch Mason's performances for our youth teams? The level between u23 and men's football is way more than just pace.

I really like Amad and I'm really keen to see what he can bring to the senior side, but I trust the staff to bring him in when the time is right (maybe vs Westham, who knows?), but while we were desperately lacking on the RW a bunch of games ago, it's not that desperate an issue right now.

dabeast

Is this what we have turned to? :lol: :lol: :lol: If he gets overwhelmed by the occasion and doesn't perform, would you start another petition to bench him?
Maybe the CAF should just manage United by signing petitions of the decisions we want in-play for Ole to read on his famous tablet!
I don't think that's such a bad idea, actually :)

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Wonder if he'll live up to the hype if he gets a cameo

Anything less than a hat-trick of hat-tricks and you have to say no
Yeap. Hope Woodward kept the receipt. That's the least we can expect for a £112million potential 3 times Ballon D'or player.

Bwuk

I reckon Greenwood starts and we’ll take him off about 70 mins for Amad.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Probably only gets minutes if we're a few goals up. Hopefully he gets a solid 30 minutes though either way.

Alemar

Probably only gets minutes if we're a few goals up. Hopefully he gets a solid 30 minutes though either way.
Why? He may actually start today.
Besides, we need Diallo not as a placeholder for easy matches, we need a player to help us win difficult games

macheda14

Besides, we need Diallo not as a placeholder for easy matches, we need a player to help us win difficult games
He’s not starting if he’s yet to even make a sub appearance. That just doesn’t really happen, not even with more established players. Diallo is not going to be the player to help win the big games yet, he hasn’t shown enough for that trust to be put in him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sure. But he's 18 with an hour of professional football under his belt in his career. So... let's take it easy. Ole is not going to throw him in to start when all he's done is play 2 reserve games. He'll be eased in with sub appearances just like Greenwood was. It's not an easy transition going from reserves to pros. Physically it's a different world. Angel Gomes was brilliant in the reserves but never really had an impact in the first team and ended up leaving. It's just a matter of patience and easing him in which any manager would do.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I agree with the last sentence, however the part before:houllier: I know you lot are desperate for something new and exciting but the step up form the junior football is huge.Rashford diabolical, sure thing, remind me his track record in the first team? It´s not that bad, because despite sometime smaking bad decisions he can score some wonderful goals too, just rewatch some of the U23 games when Diallo fialed to make the right decision. He´s playing it walking, stil managed to get things wrong as well. There´s an absolutely huge difference in the first team and u23. Some players can make the step up quicker than others. Greenwood alone showed he can be of some use but he´s still adjusting to the tempo of the game and he´s one of the best talentspromoted by our academy in 20 years. Such claims of yours are just way off..

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Can’t wait for the meltdown here when we are not winning deep in the 2nd half and Ole has still not brought him on.

Hoof the ball

Is he ready? Isn't he ready?

Deep down, and I think I speak for everyone when I say this; deep down you all know that you want Diallo to come on as a sub, score a couple and force Ole's hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.