Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can’t see us taking West Ham apart easily but will be nice if we get to a safe position that we can give him a cameo. Good for him to be around the squad anyway

RedCurry

Didn’t really know much about him before we signed him. But from little I’ve seen of him in the U23 games, he looks exactly the skill set we need in the team. Plays with his head up and is strong in possession. Very intelligent as well. I hope he can translate that to the senior squad now.

Think Amad will get 20 mins of action if we’re at least 2 goals up (might need to be 3 given what just happened against Everton...)

Don’t think he’ll come on if we’re up by one or chasing a winner; former scenario probably wouldn’t make sense if he doesn’t have much defensive nous at this point, latter scenario might be too much pressure to put on the lad so early on.

Having said that, I’ll be honest - I want to see him at some point, regardless of the score :devil:

Imagine amad it’d be if he was given a shock start??!!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Can’t wait for the meltdown here when we are not winning deep in the 2nd half and Ole has still not brought him on.
most likely what’ll happen but I reckon there’s a decent chance Diallo will still be brought on if we are looking for a breakthrough. He provides something different. People treating him like a youth player are right in a sense but he’s 100% a first team signing and he can definitely have an impact this season.

pascell

Think Amad will get 20 mins of action if we’re at least 2 goals up (might need to be 3 given what just happened against Everton...)

Don’t think he’ll come on if we’re up by one or chasing a winner; former scenario probably wouldn’t make sense if he doesn’t have much defensive nous at this point, latter scenario might be too much pressure to put on the lad so early on.

Having said that, I’ll be honest - I want to see him at some point, regardless of the score :devil:

Imagine amad it’d be if he was given a shock start??!!
Your username doesn't fool me, hello Ole welcome to the Caf!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
"Ole make a fecking sub" thread is going to be mental tonight

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Can’t see us taking West Ham apart easily but will be nice if we get to a safe position that we can give him a cameo. Good for him to be around the squad anyway
Precisely. Moyes will come in with a full strength squad just to prove a point.

most likely what’ll happen but I reckon there’s a decent chance Diallo will still be brought on if we are looking for a breakthrough. He provides something different. People treating him like a youth player are right in a sense but he’s 100% a first team signing and he can definitely have an impact this season.
would be good to see him come on ahead of DVDB - just to see the meltdown in that thread! Although I’d expect the Dutchman to start tonight.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
would be good to see him come on ahead of DVDB - just to see the meltdown in that thread! Although I’d expect the Dutchman to start tonight.
I’d happily give Donny some minutes tonight. I still don’t understand why he didn’t get a start against Sheffield United to build on his ok performance against a much better Liverpool team. I can see diallo coming on around 85 mins and everyone going nuts about Ole never making substitutions early enough but I’m fairly sure that’s been debunked.

mav_9me

He'll be lucky to be subbed in ahead of James.
Depends on the situation no? If we are say 3-0 up with 20 mins to go, no way James comes ahead of Amad. But if the game is in balance at 2-1 to us wouldn't be surprised to see Amad not get some game time.

Minkaro

A win and a clean sheet in his first game on the bench. Imagine how good he's going to be when he actually gets on :drool:

croadyman

Would have been great if he could have got on but think he was only named on the bench just in case we had the game wrapped up with around 10/15 mins left and we could then have given him a little cameo.

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

drmuji

I would say he's the furthest along in that u23s team tonight by far, but there are a couple of very highly rated lads in the team who could possibly end up better players.

That said, he's got the X factor that you need to be a starting winger for United.
Are you talking about Mejbri?

Drainy

Are you talking about Mejbri?
and Shoretire.

In terms of potential I think Mejbri and Shoretire are up there too, depends on luck, opportunities and dedication who ends up being the best of the three, I feel.

Mejbri could be a top box to box midfielder if he continues to improve is positioning and defensive work. Otherwise he may suffer the 'Pogba positional paradox'. He's also a little bit of a hot head and a whinge (a bit like Bruno in that regard I guess). I reckon he will have the physique to match his technical skills in the end and be a really good PL player at least if he doesn't get in his own way.

Shoretire, I love as a 10. Clever player, works hard and smart and technically gifted. His footwork is phenomenal. Only just turned 17 and hopefully we can see him improve his productivity in the 23s. All the reports are that he's a level headed, bright, dedicated lad so expect to see him being given opportunities as soon as he is physically ready for it.

dabeast

Should have been on the bench and played today. We had no ideas to unlock a low block.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Is he injured?
He missed the U23 game with an illness, so presumably still has it.

Could really do with him getting a chance next week and making an impact because our options are so poor up top right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.