6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

If we aren't playing him at the moment and with a RW being a must buy this summer I think we should loan him next season. Playing U23 games is doing him no favor.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He will be 19 in 3 months, I think he’ll get much more minutes next season. I expect around 800 minutes playing times in the league and starting XI in cup games as well as few appearances in UCL.

romufc

Surely, in the league we have nothing really to play for, why not give Amad and Donny some minutes? Surely, we need to know how they would play on a regular basis not 10 mins every 4th game.

Devil81

Amads a few levels above so loan Pellistri again
Then what was the point in signing Pellistri?

I've heard he's doing well in Spain and from what little I've seen he actually looks more ready than Amad does. I'd certainly consider switching the loan next season and let Amad have a season out and give Pellistri a chance with the first team squad.

laughtersassassin

I've heard he's doing well in Spain and from what little I've seen he actually looks more ready than Amad does. I'd certainly consider switching the loan next season and let Amad have a season out and give Pellistri a chance with the first team squad.
You only need to look at their under 23 performances to see how far ahead Amad is.

Loan Pellistri again and keep Amad. If we do the opposite we end up with a player he won't be playing at all.

Amad can compete with the options we have if given the chance.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Pellistri is playing in relegation La Liga team. We saw what Andreas Pereira could do in relegation La Liga team but not good enough when he joined Valencia who were fighting for top 4 at that time. Another loan move to La Liga mid table team to see whether he’s ready or no. It’s understandable because Pellistri came from South American leagues, they are different in here. Even someone who is international experience like Tevez needed time to adapt in English football when he joined West Ham from South American League.

We spent much more on Diallo than Pellistri and Diallo is toying the U23 right now. Next season he should get chances to see what he can do in his first proper season, I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t get decent amount of chances given that we invested massive on him. If he’s not showing sign that he can follow what the likes of Greenwood or Foden does at age of 19 then he should go on loan in 2022.

I think those would be ideal scenario for both Pellistri and Diallo next season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If we sign another winger, that will be Rashford, Greenwood, new winger, and James ahead of Amad in the pecking order. Martial at times too (depending if we retain Cavani and/or new striker); and even Pogba (assuming we keep him, and he keeps playing out wide). That's 4 definite names ahead of him, and a potential 2 further.

I am a big fan of Amad from the little we've seen, and I'd love for him to stay, but what's the point if next season he'll get about 400-500 minutes of first team football? A player of his talent level shouldn't be in and out of first team training and then spending time dunking on U23's. He was already due to go on loan to Parma this season before we made our last minute bid too.

I never expected him to play significant amounts or anything, but I did think Ole would give him more of a run-out than he currently has had this season. Maybe he'll get some in our final 4 games of the PL season. Fingers crossed.

Gandalf

If we sign another winger, that will be Rashford, Greenwood, new winger, and James ahead of Amad in the pecking order. Martial at times too (depending if we retain Cavani and/or new striker); and even Pogba (assuming we keep him, and he keeps playing out wide). That's 4 definite names ahead of him, and a potential 2 further.

I am a big fan of Amad from the little we've seen, and I'd love for him to stay, but what's the point if next season he'll get about 400-500 minutes of first team football? A player of his talent level shouldn't be in and out of first team training and then spending time dunking on U23's. He was already due to go on loan to Parma this season before we made our last minute bid too.

I never expected him to play significant amounts or anything, but I did think Ole would give him more of a run-out than he currently has had this season. Maybe he'll get some in our final 4 games of the PL season. Fingers crossed.
Don't think James will be ahead of him next year. Ole trusts James right now because he has a little more experience and at the business end of the season he wants to be able to rely on a certain level of performance. Once Amad has had a proper pre-season and blended with the squad he will move ahead in the pecking order. James has maybe 1 more year here as a squad player before he moves on, if he is smart he probably should go this summer.

lex talionis

It really is bizarre to see Diallo passed over in favor of James. We know what James in his locker and it’s at best pedestrian stuff. Now that we’re home free in the PL Ole should give Diallo a meaningful runout. There’s no downside whatsoever.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Don't think James will be ahead of him next year. Ole trusts James right now because he has a little more experience and at the business end of the season he wants to be able to rely on a certain level of performance. Once Amad has had a proper pre-season and blended with the squad he will move ahead in the pecking order. James has maybe 1 more year here as a squad player before he moves on, if he is smart he probably should go this summer.
James should be shipped out first thing this summer window. Preferably even before the summer window, with the deal being completed on the very first day it opens.

Mr PG

Dunno what people are smoking here. James work-rate and defending from the wing is phenomenal and creates great balance when we play the likes of Pogba , Rashford(who barely defends anymore) and Bruno together. James only looks average against teams that park the bus.

Amad currently can't get into the team as defensively he offers nothing and needs bulking up.

luke511

Dunno what people are smoking here. James work-rate and defending from the wing is phenomenal and creates great balance when we play the likes of Pogba , Rashford(who barely defends anymore) and Bruno together. James only looks average against teams that park the bus.

Amad currently can't get into the team as defensively he offers nothing and needs bulking up.
He's actually quite effective at pressing and getting a foot in off the ball, more so than the likes of Rashford. On a technical level he's 10x the player James is, so the minor frustration is understandable. Also James' more natural side is the left wing, so it makes a lot more sense to alternate between Greenwood and Diallo on the right, rather than play James and Rashford on their unnatural side.

Last edited:

hubbuh

James looks average because he's an average player. There's no shame in that, it's just the reality. He has his uses which basically boils down to being a willing runner, but aside from that he's incredibly limited for a team that want to be challenging for the highest honours.

Last edited:

jesperjaap

Whatever people are smoking on here it sure aint as good as whatever is in your pipe.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Not sure about that. One of the things that surprised me in his first team outings so far is that he does look to press and harass the opposition quite a lot.

Admittedly I haven't watched him play in the U23's so I'm not sure if that's normal or if it's just him trying to impress in his few first team appearances he's had.

tjb

Are we still it banging on about him being a once in a generation talent? Or has reality kicked in yet?
Do you realize how bad this post is? So a kid that came in that has barely had game time will not be a generational talent because Ole hasn't layed him in the business end of the season????

Yet you are supposedly a fan of the team, yet you appear to be waiting for one our players to fail to prove a point?

R77

Are we still it banging on about him being a once in a generation talent? Or has reality kicked in yet?
Seeing him go straight back to the U23s as soon as Mata became available again certainly was a reality bite. It's frustrating because of what he represents. Flair and technical ability, the sort of players that make the game exciting to watch. It's fairly evident he has a way to go though. Some of the games where people were having a go about him not being thrown in from the start or subbed in early highlighted that; the likes of Burnley and Granada, games with lots of snide, physical dark arts going on.

He's obviously the sort of player we all love to see. You can understand people being impatient when the likes of James have squad places on the basis of pace and defensive contribution, while being more likely to ruin a nice forward move than not.

markhughes

Do you realize how bad this post is? So a kid that came in that has barely had game time will not be a generational talent because Ole hasn't layed him in the business end of the season????

Yet you are supposedly a fan of the team, yet you appear to be waiting for one our players to fail to prove a point?
I would like him to succeed, as I would many of our young promising players. It's just ridiculous when you see some of the crazy posts on here describing him as the next messiah when he has barely kicked a ball.

Hopefully he keeps his head down, maybe goes on loan somewhere and develops in to a great player, there is nothing to suggest he is close to ready as some others seem to think.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Spoken like a man who has never watched Amad play. He works very hard for the team. We don't suddenly become defensively shot when Greenwood starts over James.

laughtersassassin

I would like him to succeed, as I would many of our young promising players. It's just ridiculous when you see some of the crazy posts on here describing him as the next messiah when he has barely kicked a ball.

Hopefully he keeps his head down, maybe goes on loan somewhere and develops in to a great player, there is nothing to suggest he is close to ready as some others seem to think.
He is the most ready player in our under 23s. There is something.

Looks miles above at that level. He can certainly contribute. He won't be going on loan. Too good.

He will be ahead of James in the next 6 months I would say.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Do you think the club would pay in excess of £30m for a player with half a dozen first team minutes if they weren't confident he would become top class? From the limited time we've seen him play, he already looks more of a threat than James.

markhughes

He is the most ready player in our under 23s. There is something.

Looks miles above at that level. He can certainly contribute. He won't be going on loan. Too good.

He will be ahead of James in the next 6 months I would say.
Hopefully you are right, I have no agenda against the lad and if he does well then I will be delighted.

gajender

Hopefully you are right, I have no agenda against the lad and if he does well then I will be delighted.
It's good that you have no agenda against the Lad, but you taking umbrage to comments though hyperbolic in nature but mostly made in good humour does make you look bit petty unless you were being sarcastic as well .

luke511

Spoken like a man who has never watched Amad play. He works very hard for the team. We don't suddenly become defensively shot when Greenwood starts over James.
Exactly. Having AWB as RB gives Solskjaer more freedom than anyone to play a offensive forward like Greenwood or Diallo in front. Needing James on the right side for his defensive contribution is a waste really, especially against lesser opposition. How technically limited our right side is when James and AWB are playing together is for another day.. Tomorrow perhaps?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think amad could play the Rashford role right now if Ole took a leap of faith. He mostly stays up. He’s not out and out physically battling with anyone. He seems to be very decent in tight spaces. I personally wouldn’t be overly surprised to see him go back to Italy on loan next season or the season after if he doesn’t fully break through here but there’s a lot of football to be played yet and the initial signs are very positive.

Tarrou

he's coming along just fine

he's getting used to the country, the league, new teammates and first team football all at once

looks like he'll be ready to contribute next season, which is all I was hoping for really..

I love signings like this, but I found it frustrating at the time as we needed a ready made winger.. still, not his fault!

TheReligion

Abusive
I think amad could play the Rashford role right now if Ole took a leap of faith. He mostly stays up. He’s not out and out physically battling with anyone. He seems to be very decent in tight spaces. I personally wouldn’t be overly surprised to see him go back to Italy on loan next season or the season after if he doesn’t fully break through here but there’s a lot of football to be played yet and the initial signs are very positive.
Knee. Jerk.

0le

I'm gutted we have not seen him feature much yet. There is so much hype around him and that RW has been an issue for some time. He must surely get some game time against Roma though which should be good. Hopefully a solid 30 minutes provided nothing disastrous has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.