Amad Diallo image 16

Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

criticalanalysis

Elanga having superb touch, technique and balance?!

I'm not one of those posters but based on his senior appearances..... :lol:

AjaxNL

Two year loan without buy obligation to Ajax to soften the blow of losing Antony perhaps?
With the level Ajax has been performing at over the last 5 years, what makes you think we would be anywhere near interested in signing Diallo on a two year loan? I don't think he would improve our first team at all, and we have no incentive whatsoever to develop him for you guys

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yeah done that for all his senior games. Physically he's impressive for his age and he does have an eye for goal but balance, technical ability, touch? I just don't see it.

As you say, you don't need the CAF for justification, it's your opinion, it just happens that most folks disagree with those claims, and from my perspective, it's terribly plain to see why.
When you say most people, you mean most on here.
However those in the game seem to have a very different opinion, an opinion that seems to align with mine.

I think it probably comes down to what people deem to be technique.
For me his goal against Brentford is pure technical ability, great balance and poise.

Marwood

Said it before but I don't see that eye of the tiger with him. No aggression about him.

Tallis

I hope he goes back to Rangers and do a full season there and make the doubters eat their words

dubplate warrior

This seems to be a bit of a myth to me, Elangas touch, balance and technique is superb.

As is Amads, but this fallacy that Elanga is only in the team ahead of Amad because of his physicality needs to die!

As for passing range, yeah, Amad is superior in that regards for sure.
:lol:

Red_toad

Good to see him warming up so hopefully on for Chong in the second half. Think he'll link up very well with Ronaldo, Eriksen, Garnacho and co...

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Loved that dribble near the end, he seemed to get a bit of his mojo back. He looks so effortless when playing for our reserves but at the adult level he always overthinks stuff.
Kinda like Sancho at the beginning of last season (not that I compare them directly — they're clearly at a very different stages of their development).

mu4c_20le

May have just saved his united career with that goal. Good attitude and technique, I can see why the club want to work on him instead of selling him on.

Trex

Took his goal well, was tidy on the ball. Showed his qualities after Zidane introduction which gave us extra control.

Skills

Snitch
He's obviously got great technique but in the final third he's got great instincts.

That's not easy to teach, and that's often where talented attackers fail to take the step up. But he seems to have got an inherent ability to end up in the right place in the final third and he knows what to do. I remember listening to a podcast from the rangers fans, and they mentioned his underlying numbers were incredible whenever he was on the pitch.

-Supreme-

Interestingly being played in the striker position by both Ole and now ETH.

Will be interesting to see how he will develop in the next stage of his career.

Olecurls99

Are we okay for the front 3 positions if Ronaldo stays or am I jumping the gun here?

Martial
Ronaldo
Rashford
Sancho
Garnacho
Amad

Trequarista10

Are we okay for the front 3 positions if Ronaldo stays or am I jumping the gun here?

Martial
Ronaldo
Rashford
Sancho
Garnacho
Amad
Probably not. Garnacho and Amad have potential, but at this stage you want them understudying players at the top of their game. Too many question marks about Rashford, Martial and Ronaldo for one reason or another. We'll be fortunate if two of them have good seasons. I expect one of them to have a good season, and wouldn't be surprised if all three underdeliver.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I do wonder what his best position will ultimately be. Seems to lack the pace and explosiveness you expect of modern wide forwards, and probably lacks the raw physicality to flourish more centrally. Interesting talent though.

ThanksBoss26

I do wonder what his best position will ultimately be. Seems to lack the pace and explosiveness you expect of modern wide forwards, and probably lacks the raw physicality to flourish more centrally. Interesting talent though.
A decent loan - going and getting 40 odd starts somewhere I think would do him a lot of good and hopefully give us a bit more of an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.