5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Yagami

Good post resistant
We'd be in serious trouble if our other young players were dropped after underwhelming cameos. Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund have all had plenty of those games, which is natural, but they were afforded the opportunity to build on their showings and gel in the first team.

Amad getting that opportunity wouldn't only benefit him like the aforementioned players. It'd also benefit the squad, too. Apparently Bruno is playing through an injury. Instead of risking long term problems, we can give him a break or at least use him more sparingly. We could also give Rashford extra incentive to try more by benching him and using him as a super sub for a little bit. Both know they will start regardless of their performances/fitness and that in and of itself causes complacency.

Again, I know his limitations and don't think he will be a top player, but he's still talented enough to use in our current squad.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
As well as the 2 or 3 other 85th minute substitutions of course.
It’s not just that though is it. Do you staunch Amad fans not think the manager is actually trying to get him to reach as close to his top level again before he throws him so he can actually make the major impact more possible. We are already getting physically bullied in too many positions around the pitch. Manager doesn’t have anything against him it’s just that what we saw today is what he sees in training every day? I agree amad needs and needed to play regularly but if he’s not doing enough to get into the team ahead of Antony in the lowest ebb of his career and during an injury crisis then he’s probably just not at the standard we need right now for one reason or another. It doesn’t have to be a conspiracy. I really like amad and want him to do well here but I don’t see a player who is ready to influence games in the way some of you seem to think he can. He needs games he’s not getting them here. France next season could be his real breakout.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He wasn’t great at all but I think posters completely writing him off are being incredibly harsh. There’s significant context around his injuries and lack of game time and really he needs an opportunity to start a game in one of our stronger teams. I think given a run he would be guarantee to turn out better stats than Antony.

Red00012

Looks like he hasn’t grown or bulked up since we signed him from Atalanta. No point selling him this summer mind you. A loan might be the best thing for him.

Red00012

Exactly this Ten Hag is playing a game. I’m giving Forson a start and then I’ll give Amad 10 minutes. Antony a minute just to get the people to say well he gave Amad a chance. I’m going back to starting Antony now.
Yes this is exactly what’s he’s thinking :houllier:

lex talionis

It’s not just that though is it. Do you staunch Amad fans not think the manager is actually trying to get him to reach as close to his top level again before he throws him so he can actually make the major impact more possible. We are already getting physically bullied in too many positions around the pitch. Manager doesn’t have anything against him it’s just that what we saw today is what he sees in training every day? I agree amad needs and needed to play regularly but if he’s not doing enough to get into the team ahead of Antony in the lowest ebb of his career and during an injury crisis then he’s probably just not at the standard we need right now for one reason or another. It doesn’t have to be a conspiracy. I really like amad and want him to do well here but I don’t see a player who is ready to influence games in the way some of you seem to think he can. He needs games he’s not getting them here. France next season could be his real breakout.
Let’s back this up a bit as we’ve been snakebite at the RW Ronaldo sincr left us 15 years ago. Most recently we gave had Greenwood, then Sancho, then Antony…all of whom have had mind boggling issues and are in one sense or another, a complete flop.

We have a promising young talent in Garnacho, who to me looks better on the right than on the left. But when he’s on the right then we have Rashford on the left and that’s a serious weakness in the squad. But we could argue that we’re sorted on the right with Garnacho and should be looking for a replacement for Rashford, who should be sold along with Greenwood, Sancho and Antony.

United spent real money to bring in Amad, who was out with injury the first half of the season, no complaints there. But Amad undeniably tore up the Championship last season, which isn’t that far below the level of Forest. Cameo appearances will never allow any player to prove his worth. If ETH had no use for Amad and believed in Antony he should have sold Amad in January or at least sent him out on loan, but instead hevrots him on the bench while Antony and Forson get starts ahead of him.

Bondi77

I called it earlier,
Antony starts and does feck all and Amad gets the scraps.
Erik must be on some kind of payment associated with how many minutes Antony plays.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
I called it earlier,
Erik must be on some kind of payment associated with how many minutes Antony plays.

Antony hardly gets a sniff lately.

Pickle85

As well as the 2 or 3 other 85th minute substitutions of course.
I guess better to base it on his time on the bench, you're right. Or his time in a league that's massively inferior. We only have limited minutes to go on because when he's brought on as an impact sub he fails to make any kind of impact. Which for an impact sub is an issue.

Gordon Godot

He must have the flu then compared to the sniffs Amad is getting.
Antony has been awful this season, yet still gets to start. Same dreadful, impotent stuff. Every time he gets the ball out wide he spends a minute attempting to beat full back, gives up then either passes sideways or back, or cuts in side and runs for 5-10 yards before passing sideways or back. Absolutely no threat or creativity, Forest didnt even bother doubling up on him they leave a full back out there and know he cant beat him. Zero crosses, zero players beaten, zero goals or assists, I think it was one shot. Yes he tracked back and made one nice inside pass. For £82m, ETH described him as 'unstoppable'. He has been this bad or worse all season. Yet still gets a start. Its shambolic and pure stubbornness from ETH.

Gordon Godot

:lol: how can you say that when he's barely featured recently
So why start him yesterday, when we knew he would deliver zero attacking threat. He is a major reason for our lack of attacking threat. How many starts this season versus Diallo?

red_de_pologne

Antony has been awful this season, yet still gets to start. Same dreadful, impotent stuff. Every time he gets the ball out wide he spends a minute attempting to beat full back, gives up then either passes sideways or back, or cuts in side and runs for 5-10 yards before passing sideways or back. Absolutely no threat or creativity, Forest didnt even bother doubling up on him they leave a full back out there and know he cant beat him. Zero crosses, zero players beaten, zero goals or assists, I think it was one shot. Yes he tracked back and made one nice inside pass. For £82m, ETH described him as 'unstoppable'. He has been this bad or worse all season. Yet still gets a start. Its shambolic and pure stubbornness from ETH.
it was his first start in like 2 months?

Matt Varnish

When fringe players are given an oppotunity they have to seize it, he failed to do that last night.
He looked comletely lost, as though he had joined the club in the morning, not been training with the first team for months.
The jury still ha to be out bassed on that performance, but lets not write him off just yet.

Gordon Godot

When fringe players are given an oppotunity they have to seize it, he failed to do that last night.
He looked comletely lost, as though he had joined the club in the morning, not been training with the first team for months.
The jury still ha to be out bassed on that performance, but lets not write him off just yet.
Give it a rest, seize 20 minutes at the end of a horrible team performance and the whole match was a mess.Lets be realistic, he only got the ball a handful of times and the whole team shape was a mess. The desire to write off our players on here whilst finding excuses for dross like Antony is unbelievable. Give the guy a few starts and see what he can do. He cannot offer less attacking threat than Antony.

Pickle85

Give it a rest, seize 20 minutes at the end of a horrible team performance and the whole match was a mess.Lets be realistic, he only got the ball a handful of times and the whole team shape was a mess. The desire to write off our players on here whilst finding excuses for dross like Antony is unbelievable. Give the guy a few starts and see what he can do. He cannot offer less attacking threat than Antony.
Such weird logic. He's not done anything when given a chance at the end of games when, theoretically, there should be more space and tired legs so let's throw him in from the beginning.

Also, the whole 'can't be any worse than Antony so worth a go' logic is a nonsense when he looked worse than Antony when brought on.

Sancho99

People are actually slating him for that last night? He barely had the ball. Lost the ball once in midfield and had a difficult volley on his weak foot that he miscued. Some tidy exchanges and 1-2's amongst it all.

Considering all of the shit we've persevered with in the last months, it wasn't any worse and he needs much more playing time than just over 15 minutes.

Pickle85

People are actually slating him for that last night? He barely had the ball. Lost the ball once in midfield and had a difficult volley on his weak foot that he miscued. Some tidy exchanges and 1-2's amongst it all.

Considering all of the shit we've persevered with in the last months, it wasn't any worse and he needs much more playing time than just over 15 minutes.
Username checks out...!

Red00012

I called it earlier,
Antony hasn’t started in weeks :lol:

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I don't know how good or bad Amad is going to turn out. And yes, the hype is OTT for the sample size we have, but it's still hilarious to see that the manager loving positivity posse is so eager to discredit him after his two 10 minute appearances in the season so far.

TrustInJanuzaj

I once complained to an old manager of mine about why I wasn’t playing. He said “you don’t have to be as good as the player in front of you, you have to be better”. Has always rang true for me and while I like Amad, he didn’t take his chance last night to prove he’s better than Antony out there. Obviously I hope he gets other opportunities too, but he’s got to prove he’s better and that’s the crux of it!

Gordon Godot

I once complained to an old manager of mine about why I wasn’t playing. He said “you don’t have to be as good as the player in front of you, you have to be better”. Has always rang true for me and while I like Amad, he didn’t take his chance last night to prove he’s better than Antony out there. Obviously I hope he gets other opportunities too, but he’s got to prove he’s better and that’s the crux of it!
Then start him. You cant throw a player, whose had very little game time, into the last 20 minutes of a scrappy game and poor team performance and expect miracles. Antony didnt deserve to start, he needs to go. Give Amad a chance, then we can judge him.

TrustInJanuzaj

Then start him. You cant throw a player, whose had very little game time, into the last 20 minutes of a scrappy game and poor team performance and expect miracles. Antony didnt deserve to start, he needs to go. Give Amad a chance, then we can judge him.
Antony actually played pretty well last night I thought. He should have scored but he was good on the ball and slightly more creative than his usual self. I agree the fuse is pretty thin with him right now but calling a spade a spade that wasn’t a shocking display at all.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Was Forson better than both Amad and Antony when he started the game before? And what suddenly changed that both of them leapfrogged him in this game?

Let's not pretend that this manager is not making it up as he goes. It's a random selection generator. Most of the subs are predetermined too, down to the minute in which players will be brought in. He is meticulous in his incompetence. You got to give him that.

Pickle85

I don't know how good or bad Amad is going to turn out. And yes, the hype is OTT for the sample size we have, but it's still hilarious to see that the manager loving positivity posse is so eager to discredit him after his two 10 minute appearances in the season so far.
Who's part of the manager loving posse? I've only seen people (rightly, imo) critique Amad's performances and question why some believe he has a right to start when he's shown nothing when given the chance so far. The logic seems to be: he's done nothing in the time he's been given against tired legs, so let's start him from the beginning against fresh legs because...?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Our first team look like they've just met that day the majority of the time. We are one of the most disjointed and incohesive sides in the league.

The criticisms in here of a player who has barely played football this entire season are so daft, there's half a mind posters are trolling, especially when the player in question is being compared to others who have been given game after game after game after game of dire performances to either get up to par or even deliver bottom of the barrel output.

Lyng

Our first team look like they've just met that day the majority of the time. We are one of the most disjointed and incohesive sides in the league.

The criticisms in here of a player who has barely played football this entire season are so daft, there's half a mind posters are trolling, especially when the player in question is being compared to others who have been given game after game after game after game of dire performances to either get up to par or even deliver bottom of the barrel output.
Several of them are the same people who wrote of Rasmus right away.

Pickle85

Why are they daft? People can only talk about minutes they see the player playing football on the pitch. What's daft is people using the fact that Amad hasn't impacted the game as a sub as ammo for him to start games. When clearly he's not been deemed ready by two coaches who see him in training and, when given the chance, has underwhelmed. I hope he makes it for the sake of the team but to say that he's exempt from judgment when he plays is odd.

Marwood

He's going to have to be very good on the ball because he's not exactly athletic looking.

Devil81

Wasn't impressed with his small cameo, that said he needs a run of games before he can be judged.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Thought he did one good thing, one bad thing (although he did quickly win the ball back after losing it in a dangerous position), but overall struggled to get involved. Did a fairly good job defensively though.

Probably didn't help that for some reason we swapped Dalot and Amrabat after he came on. Out of all the wingers at the club, I'd expect Amad to be the one to most utilise a fullback who will get up on his outside. I'm guessing the thought was to try to overload the left with both Dalot and Garnacho, but it left Amad quite isolated on the right.

Hopefully this is the start of him getting somewhat regular gametime and we can get a proper idea of whether he can handle the PL, but unfortunately I doubt it. Once Hojlund is back Garnacho will go back to being first choice on the right, and it's unlikely Amad will get ahead of Antony as next in line.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Who's part of the manager loving posse? I've only seen people (rightly, imo) critique Amad's performances and question why some believe he has a right to start when he's shown nothing when given the chance so far. The logic seems to be: he's done nothing in the time he's been given against tired legs, so let's start him from the beginning against fresh legs because...?
You'll have to do your own research on that one. You won't have to look that hard, though. There are obvious ones who were more than giddy to jump on him in the match-day thread, and now in this thread too.

Usually young players gets chances in cup and easier fixtures. 10 minutes in an awful game is no way to judge someone's performance; especially a young players. If 10 minutes cameos were a barometer, then Amad would have been a regular during Ole's reign when he scored that wonderful header against Milan (It was Milan, iirc).

I could understand the logic in folks wanting to see him for more than 5 minutes, more so when his competition is a dud who has been stinking up the place for 2 seasons running. The counter argument is that the manager simply doesn't think he is good enough. Which is fair, but then questions need to be asked why wasn't he sent out on loan, when he was in demand, in January? What was the point of keeping him here when 'Aggy had no intention of playing him.

Gordon Godot

Thought he did one good thing, one bad thing (although he did quickly win the ball back after losing it in a dangerous position), but overall struggled to get involved. Did a fairly good job defensively though.

Probably didn't help that for some reason we swapped Dalot and Amrabat after he came on. Out of all the wingers at the club, I'd expect Amad to be the one to most utilise a fullback who will get up on his outside. I'm guessing the thought was to try to overload the left with both Dalot and Garnacho, but it left Amad quite isolated on the right.

Hopefully this is the start of him getting somewhat regular gametime and we can get a proper idea of whether he can handle the PL, but unfortunately I doubt it. Once Hojlund is back Garnacho will go back to being first choice on the right, and it's unlikely Amad will get ahead of Antony as next in line.
If ETH stays Amad will be gone, he clearly doesnt rate him and will continue to give more minutes to Antony. Really depresses me, especially how awful Antony is.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Why are they daft? People can only talk about minutes they see the player playing football on the pitch. What's daft is people using the fact that Amad hasn't impacted the game as a sub as ammo for him to start games. When clearly he's not been deemed ready by two coaches who see him in training and, when given the chance, has underwhelmed. I hope he makes it for the sake of the team but to say that he's exempt from judgment when he plays is odd.
Because objective reasoning should ensure there's a caveat to a case like Amad who not only has to get his fitness up to par, but also adapt to the PL whilst getting throwaway minutes in lieu of others given tens of games to fail in that stretches back to August.

Definitive statements about him or his game off the back of such a scrappy game under inopportune conditions are ridiculous.

Also this notion of hitting the ground running; some of the greatest players who we've seen play here were incapable of that, with none other than our all-time top-scorer being the poster boy.

Pickle85

Because objective reasoning should ensure there's a caveat to a case like Amad who not only has to get his fitness up to par, but also adapt to the PL whilst getting throwaway minutes in lieu of others given tens of games to fail in that stretches back to August.

Definitive statements about him or his game off the back of such a scrappy game under inopportune conditions are ridiculous.

Also this notion of hitting the ground running; some of the greatest players who we've seen play here were incapable of that, with none other than our all-time top-scorer being the poster boy.
I'm not sure anyone is being definitive on him. I just think most are judging him on what they've seen so far, which is all we have to go on, while others seem desperate for him to be given starts based on absolutely nothing. Let him keep being given minutes as a sub - very few young players are introduced into the first team with starts straight away. Most get chances to impress in the cups or as subs, so I don't see why Amad should be any different.

Re the bolded, Rooney absolutely got the ground running, no? Didn't he score a hat trick on his debut against fenerbahce or galatasaray or whoever in the CL? He also absolutely hit the ground running at Everton.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I'm not making any comment on the lad's quality what i'm saying is that people made this assumption on players like Andreas Perieira, Kagawa ("free Shinji") and Donny VdB that the team will magically transform with them in it and that it's all the fault of the managers etc., when we don't actually see what's going on in training day in, day out. Maybe he's just not showing it in training, maybe the manager worries about his physicality in the league. I really don't think it's as simple as EtH just being blind to his quality, the same way as it was with those other players i mentioned for the different managers.
The difference is that those players did have enough game time to then earn the right to play more. Not a huge amount and people thought that they might improve if they did get more, but it was enough to see that they were struggling to be effective. Whereas Amad isn't really even getting that. What's more, is that in some of those rare appearances he's actually done quite well, which is why it's then frustrating we don't see him again for ages.

He doesn't necessarily have to start a lot of games, but I do want to see him get a decent run of games where he's coming off the bench. Even if it's only every second game (with Antony getting the other), after a few weeks we can start to get an idea of what he's got.

Bondi77

Antony hasn’t started in weeks :lol:
Well Erik is not that stupid that he is going to play him over Garnacho in a Premier League game as there would be an uproar from the fans but he has been first sub for him and he has fecked up when given those chances.
So why oh why why would he start him in a Cup game when Amad has been given basically scraps all season, even if Amad doesn't score or assist or offer no threat he is still no worse than Antony.