View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

city-puma

He has added like 10-15lbs to his upper body in the past year or so. Not that skinny kid that first came or even when he was at Ibrox.
It’s good development, isn’t it?
He is small but the talent will be unlashed eventually. I watched Diaby playing in Aston Villa team. He is small as well but just superb talented and makes big difference. Hope Amad do the same, but ETH needs to play him first.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It’s good development, isn’t it?
He is small but the talent will be unlashed eventually. I watched Diaby playing in Aston Villa team. He is small as well but just superb talented and makes big difference. Hope Amad do the same, but ETH needs to play him first.
Yes. He wont be so easy to knock off the ball like earlier

yardieUnited

Hopefully we wont kill his united career by playing this counter attacking nonesense

MrBest

Anyone have any info on when he may be back? Would love for him to replace Antony.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think he will be ok under that approach. Sunderland werent exactly a possession-based team either.
He is actually very good on the counter, my friend's a Wigan fan so we went to watch them vs Sunderland and Amad was a constant threat when in possession and on the counter. To be fair, any winger worth their salt should be good on the counter.

Strelok

Anyone have any info on when he may be back? Would love for him to replace Antony.
Same here. Almost forgot about him. He did pretty well at Sunderland if my memory serves me right.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s a good player this lad but I do feel like he might not take the final step with us. Same with Pellistri. The only young players we should really be buying for big money are the likes of bellingham Camavinga and haaland when they come up. Throw the kitchen sink at them. Sure things for the first team from the off. Otherwise we may as well just wait until they have the formative experience completed and pay a little bit more. The only other way is to loan them out but our loans have been a bit crap. A PL loan would have been the logical step for amad this year injury aside. Maybe in January? I hope ETH gives him a decent crack at it but I’m not sure he will.

Giggsy13

Is he fit to play? He can’t be any worse than Antony, another option at least.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
You'd easily forget that we spent like 30m on this guy.
He cost 19 million, with a further 19 million in potential bonuses. The journalists keep reporting it as a £38 million signing but it definitely wasn’t and if one day he ends up costing us 38 million then he’ll be considered a successful transfer.

TempusFugit

That RW spot is wide open for him. He doesn't even need to do much, just play to his admittedly good level at Sunderland and Antony won't be seeing the pitch anytime soon if Ten Hag actually wants his team to do well.

Adamsk7

He is the best right winger at the club. Just need to get him fit and give him games

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
"The reported fee was of €25 million – €40 million including bonuses"
21 million euros up front.

The rest in addition ons which haven't been met

Mwooyo

Amad needs to not be sleeping because the RW spot is there...all he has to do is show up. I think he has what it takes to own it. Am actually more worried about Anthony even being the backup option there because he is soo one dimensional

Mwooyo

He’s a good player this lad but I do feel like he might not take the final step with us. Same with Pellistri. The only young players we should really be buying for big money are the likes of bellingham Camavinga and haaland when they come up. Throw the kitchen sink at them. Sure things for the first team from the off. Otherwise we may as well just wait until they have the formative experience completed and pay a little bit more. The only other way is to loan them out but our loans have been a bit crap. A PL loan would have been the logical step for amad this year injury aside. Maybe in January? I hope ETH gives him a decent crack at it but I’m not sure he will.
Every time I see these comments I understand why haaland and Bellingham chose to go elsewhere. Amad has the right skillset to own that RW position. He just needs a run of 10 games there.
Anthony, pellistri and sancho are good players btw...they just dont have the right skillset to be "manutd" right wingers. Keyword being manutd...they are either one footed or cant beat their fb either way when one on one or cant pass or lack all these basic qualities (pellistri). Doesn't matter how long we wait on them for...they may never fully own that position outright, Amad can.

Amad has all these base qualities plus the work rate...he just needs a chance there for a small period of time. If people saw saka when he debuted and saka now, they would be hard pressed to believe that its the same player. Amad needs the same faith

sglowrider

That RW spot is wide open for him. He doesn't even need to do much, just play to his admittedly good level at Sunderland and Antony won't be seeing the pitch anytime soon if Ten Hag actually wants his team to do well.
Losing most of pre-season, needing 4-6 matches just to gain some match fitness & sharpness -- I doubt if he can knock the teacher's pet off his perch anytime soon to get that match fitness & sharpness.

I bet he plays scantily and gets shipped out on loan in January.

sglowrider

Amad needs to not be sleeping because the RW spot is there...all he has to do is show up. I think he has what it takes to own it. Am actually more worried about Anthony even being the backup option there because he is soo one dimensional
Never seen a attacking Brazilian international player so predictable as Antony -- never mind the price tag

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He cost 19 million, with a further 19 million in potential bonuses. The journalists keep reporting it as a £38 million signing but it definitely wasn’t and if one day he ends up costing us 38 million then he’ll be considered a successful transfer.
If he becomes a regular starter he’ll be an absolute bargain compared to most of our squad.

Bondi77

We need someone to have a Williams/Damon Good Will Hunting moment with ETH regarding Antony (it's not your fault) and once the tears have been shed we then give Amad a decent run in the RW position.

Crashoutcassius

He would need to work very hard on defence.

Going forward I agree, he would need to do basically nothing

sglowrider

We need someone to have a Williams/Damon Good Will Hunting moment with ETH regarding Antony (it's not your fault) and once the tears have been shed we then give Amad a decent run in the RW position.
It wont be a good look for ETH if he ditches Antony -- that means he doesn't start the majority of his Eredivisie Specials and most of his transfers other than Onana.

Trequarista10

It wont be a good look for ETH if he ditches Antony -- that means he doesn't start the majority of his Eredivisie Specials and most of his transfers other than Onana.
Martinez will start when fit.

Malacia was a cheap backup, Eriksen (if we're counting him as a former Ajax player) was a free option and plays frequently (too frequently, tbh).

Hojlund, Casemiro likely starters. Amrabat a regular if not first XI but price reflects that.

Mount and Antony so far are the two big money transfers who don't look they should be playing and potentially big mistakes. It's not great but it's only two of his signings (albeit two of the three most expensive, and the other in Hojlund isn't producing yet but perhaps his age and the lack of service affords him some grace).

Regardless of how it looks dropping him though, it looks worse persisting with him. If Amad was fit it'd at least be an option take Antony out of the spotlight a bit, and he could be the one making late 15-20 minute appearances against tired defences which might help his confidence level.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Even if he recovers, I don't see Erik playing him. Just look at Mainoo, he is sitting on the bench while Erik continues to play McTominay and Eriksen. When it comes to youngsters, Erik can be stubborn. Amad will probably plays 2-3 U23 games, then he is allowed to sit on the bench. Thrown on when Antony is on a yellow or suck on the 80 mins. Just like how he handle Garnacho last season. Hope Erik will use him but low chances it will happen.

Skills

Snitch
He'll be under too much pressure I think.

The **** of the manager will be looking for a reason to say - and that's why Ten Hag plays Antony.

NM

Even if he recovers, I don't see Erik playing him. Just look at Mainoo, he is sitting on the bench while Erik continues to play McTominay and Eriksen. When it comes to youngsters, Erik can be stubborn. Amad will probably plays 2-3 U23 games, then he is allowed to sit on the bench. Thrown on when Antony is on a yellow or suck on the 80 mins. Just like how he handle Garnacho last season. Hope Erik will use him but low chances it will happen.
Mainoo just came back from injury. You can't throw him in

The **** of the manager will be looking for a reason to say - and that's why Ten Hag plays Antony.
Playing Antony when other RWs are available (and this includes Pellestri) might be what gets EtH sacked. He needs to be less stubborn. There's no **** of the manager though

red_de_pologne

there 's been one game where he was available so far this season :rolleyes:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

What does this mean?

mattunited1978

doommonger
Where the feck is he?

Going to be another who's career never takes off because he's always fecking injured when the opportunity is there for him