View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Glorio

Probably deemed not ready fitness-wise. It's interesting for him now Garnacho has shown (in one game though) that he can play from the right. Having pace both sides yesterday was so refreshing

Red00012

ETH is under so much pressure now --- I doubt if he has the minerals to play him now.
We finished last night playing one of the most in form teams in the league with Dan Gore , Mejbri and Kambwala on the pitch.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He said in the press conference Amad may be ready for Villa - so clearly it is fitness related.
Yep. This tweet was last week: Clear that Eriksen is/was the only one back to full fitness. Amad will hopefully be back for the last game of the year.

MrBest

Hope he gets minutes when he is ready. Pellistri not cutting it, i think he needs another loan. I'm a big fan of amad and hopefully the Sunderland loan gave him better physical abilities which was the thing he lacked. 21 years old, 22 next season, now is the time for him to start to show something.

Mwooyo

I am glad he has not been called up to the Ivory Coast squad for Afcon...allows him to really kick start his season

Last edited:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
at this point he’s like having a racehorse that can’t race. and we all know what happens to lame horses.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think ETH will be under too much pressure to get results now to chance it with Amad and playing him into match fitness & form.

Plus, ETH by nature, is a pretty cautious manager when it comes to changing formations/starting 11s and developing young players.
Mainoo and Garnacho?

Grande

I think ETH will be under too much pressure to get results now to chance it with Amad and playing him into match fitness & form.

Plus, ETH by nature, is a pretty cautious manager when it comes to changing formations/starting 11s and developing young players.
EtH played two 20 year olds, three 19 yo and one 18 yo to come back from two down/defend one goal lead against the in form team of the league.

Add to that Pellistri getting minutes in tje same position, and Garnacho being played on his wrong flank ahead of so called undroppable players like Antony and Sancho. Ten Hag does a lot of things counter to what ‘pressure’ would demand, so if Diallo looks like he can improve the team for any amount of time, I think he’ll get that amount of time.

I don’t think Ten Hag will leave more effective players on the bench to groom Diallo into the side at this point, if that’s what you mean. But he started Kambwala recently ahead of Shawas CB/Reguilon as LB, so he doesn’t shy away from it.

RedUnited86

at this point he’s like having a racehorse that can’t race. and we all know what happens to lame horses.
Don't think the club will be serving Amad burgers after the recent one star hygiene rating.

Red Rash

I could be spectacularly wrong but I think Amad has a huge chance to become a first team regular for us. In terms of talent I think he is on the same level as Garnacho and Mainoo.

Also RW is a position we are still quite weak. Will be interesting to see how ETH manages the Rashford / Garnacho situation though and whether Garnacho plays more matches at RW after being super effective against Villa

next_number_seven

I could be spectacularly wrong but I think Amad has a huge chance to become a first team regular for us. In terms of talent I think he is on the same level as Garnacho and Mainoo.

Also RW is a position we are still quite weak. Will be interesting to see how ETH manages the Rashford / Garnacho situation though and whether Garnacho plays more matches at RW after being super effective against Villa
You won't be spectacularly wrong.

His talent is obvious.
He probably lacks a burst of pace but he has literally everything else.

Dannn411

Hopefully he gets time in the cup if not on Saturday. Genuinely think he was on his way to major consideration for minutes before the injury.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So much rating of Amad, I don't see it to that extent.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

No no you’re right. There is definitely still a major opening here at RW as an impact / rotation player with Antony at first but the spot is there to be taken due to Antony’s patchy form. He should have had the position well nailed down by now but hasn’t been able to for one reason or another. If Amad takes his chances he can take over before the end of the season. It’s all up to him. In another scenario Antony is one of the best RW in the league and Amad is on loan again. So much of it is about luck and being fully ready when the opening appears. Tough competition for places is absolutely essential or else you get the likes of Rashford or Antony phoning it in every week with no consequences.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Amad’s left foot seems to have more power than Antony. If he continue his development, he might be close to Salah on the RW. Hopefully the injury didn’t set him back too much. He had a combination of pace, technique and power which is hard to find in a player. Hope he makes becomes our permanent RW.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

The difference between Antony and Amad...
Hate to be that guy, but it's a 1 vs 1 drill with no keeper. If you look at that drill in terms of what is more effective for real football, it would be who actually created more space for themselves to calmly finish from a good and balanced position.

Amad did a quick move that forced him very wide and had an off balance finish without really getting past the defender but snuck it in with his weak foot. Antony got himself far more space and calmly passed it in.

I don't even like Antony as a player and am hopefully for Amad. But come on, reading into training clips and turning it into a criticism when the video clearly shows something else has to stop.

thomas porter

Amad has great vision and technique. I'm optimistic he will do well if given the opportunities on the RW by ETH this season.

luke511

Hate to be that guy, but it's a 1 vs 1 drill with no keeper. If you look at that drill in terms of what is more effective for real football, it would be who actually created more space for themselves to calmly finish from a good and balanced position.

Amad did a quick move that forced him very wide and had an off balance finish without really getting past the defender but snuck it in with his weak foot. Antony got himself far more space and calmly passed it in.

I don't even like Antony as a player and am hopefully for Amad. But come on, reading into training clips and turning it into a criticism when the video clearly shows something else has to stop.
It would be efficiency and unpredictability that translates better into real football. Amad gets the job done 3 times as quickly using both feet. Antony doesn’t touch the ball with his right foot once in predictable fashion and gives defenders plenty of time to shape up.

I agree that training clips shouldn’t be used to criticise players, but it does illustrate Antony’s weaknesses on the pitch rather well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It would be efficiency and unpredictability that translates better into real football. Amad gets the job done 3 times as quickly using both feet. Antony doesn’t touch the ball with his right foot once in predictable fashion and gives defenders plenty of time to shape up.

I agree that training clips shouldn’t be used to criticise players, but it does illustrate Antony’s weaknesses on the pitch rather well.
I wouldn't say what Amad did is getting the job done. Put a keeper in net and Amad just loses the ball as he has no time or space or balance to actually make it a worthwhile shot or pass, while Antony actually made the time and space while being balanced to have a decent finish.

I know what you mean and generally I agree. Amad is capable of using his right foot and that'll help more going forward. I'm not sure if he's direct enough generally, and my concerns with him lie in me thinking he's more of a 10 than a winger and will have similar lack of pace issues that Sancho and Antony have, but we'll see. More hope than Antony for me anyway. But reading into that video is pointless imo.

luke511

I wouldn't say what Amad did is getting the job done. Put a keeper in net and Amad just loses the ball as he has no time or space or balance to actually make it a worthwhile shot or pass, while Antony actually made the time and space while being balanced to have a decent finish.

I know what you mean and generally I agree. Amad is capable of using his right foot and that'll help more going forward. I'm not sure if he's direct enough generally, and my concerns with him lie in me thinking he's more of a 10 than a winger and will have similar lack of pace issues that Sancho and Antony have, but we'll see. More hope than Antony for me anyway. But reading into that video is pointless imo.
If he’s on the wing and the net is our striker then it’s effective, the net could be a bottom corner too. He’s hit the target which is the objective.

Walters_19_MuFc

The thing is, in a game situation, if Antony does what he did in the clip, the move is more or less broken down, as you simply don't get that time to do what he did. I think this is why he finds it hard to take players on because he gives time for defenders to get set.

If you look at the most productive players in the world, and I'm not comparing Amad to them, they do things at speed. It stops defenders getting into the correct body position and it can also catch keepers out.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I mean taking 5 seconds in a 1v1 is poor no matter what the drill. Which is literally the entire issue with Antony, he has 0 burst/strength to create a quick opening to drive past someone. Great feet, but it doesn’t add up to much besides keeping possession pretty well.

3KDré

I disagree. It's not often you are 1v1 in a key area during the game, so it means that once you get the opportunity you should try to get a pass into space or a shot off (this drill is more replicating a pass). Quite often our other players have made a run into space, especially in Antony's scenario, and our winger who is 1v1 dallies on the ball by which time the opportunity is gone. If you look at Salah very often he's off balance but he knows that someone is making a run or a small gap in the defence has opened up for a shot and he takes the chance.

Antony, in that clip, beat his man, came back again and went into the same space he already created. Amad created an opportunity and took it straight away. We need more of the latter. It's very rare in a game you will get the perfect conditions to make a key pass or a shot. That's why forwards cost so much.

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
Amad has earned a shot at the first team following his loan spell. Unfortunately though he picked up that injury pre season much like what happened with James Garner (excellent loan, opportunity pre season and unfortunately timed injury).

I suspect a decision will need to be made which is in the best interests of the player.

a) write this season off at United, loan him out in January and integrate him in the summer

b) find some serious game time at United starting with Wigan in the cup and some PL cameos.

The issue with b) is the opportunities aren’t easy to come by, especially with Garnacho showing he can play both wings and Antony also favoured on the right.

The other issue is after a long spell on the sidelines he needs minutes, not brief cameos. Now we are only left in the PL and FA cup I’m not sure where he picks up serious game time week in week out ahead of what we have.

I really like Amad but the timing of the injury really did mess things up. Mainoo got away with it a bit due to him returning ahead of Casemiro, Eriksen and Mount so a spot was available for him to take up. It doesn’t feel as easy as that for Amad so in the interests of the player it might be best to get him a really good loan and start again in the summer.