5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Yagami

Good post resistant
I keep seeing rumours about him going to Leicester. I think that'd be a bad move, personally. They're flying this season so I can't see him suddenly showing up and getting the starts needed.

There have been links to Sunderland, too, and I know the fans would love that because he became a fan favourite there, but I don't think that's as likely with Tony Mowbray just being sacked. Amad seemed to really love working with him. Still, I'd much rather he went back there than Leicester as I'm sure he'd play more.

I'd rather we integrate into our first 11 than loan him out again, though. He may not end up being good enough but I think we're in a place now where it's worth giving him a shot.

next_number_seven

I keep seeing rumours about him going to Leicester. I think that'd be a bad move, personally. They're flying this season so I can't see him suddenly showing up and getting the starts needed.

There have been links to Sunderland, too, and I know the fans would love that because he became a fan favourite there, but I don't think that's as likely with Tony Mowbray just being sacked. Amad seemed to really love working with him. Still, I'd much rather he went back there than Leicester as I'm sure he'd play more.

I'd rather we integrate into our first 11 than loan him out again, though. He may not end up being good enough but I think we're in a place now where it's worth giving him a shot.
I'd prefer him putting pressure on Antony's position

Red Rash

I'd prefer him putting pressure on Antony's position
Agreed, we haven't been strong in attack this season so I think Amad has a good chance to get minutes. Antony is hit and miss, Pellistri is a decent bench option and Rashford isn't good on the right.

I also think Amad is good cover for Bruno at AM and has also played as false 9 in the past so provides some options there. I feel the style of play Amad has is something we have been missing as he is very good at making the right decisions in the final third and would probably help to create more chances for Hojlund.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Problem is he likely won’t be match-fit before the turn of the year and we only have 2 games in January. A loan seems very likely, unfortunately.

Mwooyo

I'd surprised if we see him this season, he needs a loan. It doesn't help we only have two games in January.
Why do people still talk like this? Pellistri needs a loan...Amad needs to displace Anthony. We have no RW (Anthony is more like a second RB...I could be wrong but I suspect Dalot has better dribbling and assist stats in comparison to Anthony). If Amad goes out on loan, we may as well sell him because if he can't get a game when we have horrible players like Anthony and Rashford, he will never make it

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
His bad luck with timing of injuries is outrageous. First there was the injury that ruled him out of a loan. Now he comes back from an exceptional loan with Sunderland, only for an injury to rule him out of the whole of the first half of the season. Then returns to fitness at the exact moment we crash out of Europe, thus meaning much less fixtures for everyone. Oh and only two league games for him to potentially get minutes in the whole of January. Total fecking disaster for him.

Lyng

His bad luck with timing of injuries is outrageous. First there was the injury that ruled him out of a loan. Now he comes back from an exceptional loan with Sunderland, only for an injury to rule him out of the whole of the first half of the season. Then returns to fitness at the exact moment we crash out of Europe, thus meaning much less fixtures for everyone. Oh and only two league games for him to potentially get minutes in the whole of January. Total fecking disaster for him.
I have this hope that he does a Mainoo and goes straight into a match and just owns that right wing.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I think, or hope more like, that he will get some minutes in the matches around Christmas, perhaps 10/15 minutes against Villa, 20/30 minutes against Forest, possible start in the FA cup against Wigan and 20/30 minutes against Tottenham, then ETH will have a bit of an idea on his fitness and also his ability to play against premiership teams.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think, or hope more like, that he will get some minutes in the matches around Christmas, perhaps 10/15 minutes against Villa, 20/30 minutes against Forest, possible start in the FA cup against Wigan and 20/30 minutes against Tottenham, then ETH will have a bit of an idea on his fitness and also his ability to play against premiership teams.
That would be great but I don’t see how he gets those minutes after zero football, at any level, over the last several months. Mainoo timed his return a lot better, as he got to play a lot of football for our U21s and England underage teams to get some match sharpness before he featured for the first team. Diallo hasn’t kicked a ball in a game of football since pre-season. Don’t see how he gets any PL minutes any time soon.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Problem is he likely won’t be match-fit before the turn of the year and we only have 2 games in January. A loan seems very likely, unfortunately.
Is he going to AFCON? If so, that may put off potential loan options if he's going to miss all of January, but it could potentially benefit us if he comes back match fit.

next_number_seven

Agreed, we haven't been strong in attack this season so I think Amad has a good chance to get minutes. Antony is hit and miss, Pellistri is a decent bench option and Rashford isn't good on the right.

I also think Amad is good cover for Bruno at AM and has also played as false 9 in the past so provides some options there. I feel the style of play Amad has is something we have been missing as he is very good at making the right decisions in the final third and would probably help to create more chances for Hojlund.
His weight of pass is sublime. A real technician.
He puts a little backspin on the ball.

STYLOISRED

Entirely depends on ETH's plans for him before the injury. Like with Mainoo we can see that ETH was quick to give him minutes immediately after his return from injury. If he was part of ETH's plans before the injury I won't be surprised if he given sub appearances immediately.

Red00012

Is he going to AFCON? If so, that may put off potential loan options if he's going to miss all of January, but it could potentially benefit us if he comes back match fit.
He hasn’t played for his country in almost 3 years :lol:

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I don't think we should be loaning him out when we can't score goals and have nobody creating anything from out wide in the final third. The challenge is obviously to get him match fit as some have mentioned but he's been out for that long that he'll probably be slowly introduced anyway so if we can get him up to reasonable speed with sub appearances gradually increasing so he can make a proper claim to start in about 4-5 weeks time. If we're planning very little business in January we need something to change so he's about all we've got

luke511

I don't think we should be loaning him out when we can't score goals and have nobody creating anything from out wide in the final third. The challenge is obviously to get him match fit as some have mentioned but he's been out for that long that he'll probably be slowly introduced anyway so if we can get him up to reasonable speed with sub appearances gradually increasing so he can make a proper claim to start in about 4-5 weeks time. If we're planning very little business in January we need something to change so he's about all we've got
It defies all logic to loan him out, which makes me think it's nailed on to happen going off the recent decision-making at the club.

Borussia Teeth

Personally, I would loan him out. He's missed a lot of football. Get another half season under his belt and he can come back in the summer as first choice (potentially).

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Personally, I would loan him out. He's missed a lot of football. Get another half season under his belt and he can come back in the summer as first choice (potentially).
No just play him like we are doing with Mainoo

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
If he can't break into a team that has no creativity then he might as well be sold. It doesn't take that long to get match sharpness back, Antony isn't pulling up any trees anyway, so we may as well build Amad up for the remainder of the season.

El Zoido

If he can't break into a team that has no creativity then he might as well be sold. It doesn't take that long to get match sharpness back, Antony isn't pulling up any trees anyway, so we may as well build Amad up for the remainder of the season.
Reckon he’ll get his chance, he’s clearly not ready yet. For sure he’d be on the bench if he was. He’s still young and is coming back from a bad injury, no rush.

Bwuk

If he isn’t going to get a chance now when we are beyond a shit show with absolutely nothing on the RW, he’d be as well as pushing to leave.

He’s a far better footballer than Antony.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We have to give him a go before we loan him out!
I think ETH will be under too much pressure to get results now to chance it with Amad and playing him into match fitness & form.

Plus, ETH by nature, is a pretty cautious manager when it comes to changing formations/starting 11s and developing young players.

laughtersassassin

Do not loan him!

May as well throw him in the starting 11 now he is training because the current lot ain't working. No harm in giving him a few consecutive games to see what happens.

Worst case scenario is he plays shit and we lose but that happens most games anyway so we have nothing to lose

united for life

Do not loan him!

May as well throw him in the starting 11 now he is training because the current lot ain't working. No harm in giving him a few consecutive games to see what happens.

Worst case scenario is he plays shit and we lose but that happens most games anyway so we have nothing to lose
exactly what i’m thinking of.

Paul778

exactly what i’m thinking of.
Exactly. On the right hand side we have our 80m+ star Anthony with zero goal involvement, Sancho as a meme, Pellistri who i personally rate the highest but isn't tearing it up when he gets minutes, and Mount who is constantly injured but played a little there to squeeze in another expensive square peg but also played bobbins there too.

Amad played with high energy and quality there in preseason and last year on loan. We might as well give him a go before shelling out stupid money on the next shiny misfit.

Last edited:

Alemar

About time to start him today. It won’t be worse in any case

Yagami

Good post resistant
My only disappointment today is that he didn't even make the bench. I think a loan is inevitable at this point.