5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It’s not entirely on EtH, eh? It’s on the Glazers and Murtough. Apparently we could’ve paid lesser for Anthony but panicked and overpaid. EtH only identified the players - which we now know he’s quite shit at. Also, hindsight is always 20/20.
It's less to do with purchases (that shouldn't be on ten hag, the club should have a solid recruitment team) and more to do with player quality identification, trusting your own players to be squad players rather than asking for new signings to be squad players.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Amad shouldn’t be going anywhere, even with our schedule. He should be part of the rotation, either starting games or getting subbed into them.

Garnacho cannot complete 90min and is ready for subbing at the 70min mark most games. That’s ample time for Amad to make his mark if it becomes a theme.

If he’s to go on loan it shouldn’t be back to a league he’s already earned his spurs from. That is not progressive; at the least, get him a lower half PL loan, and failing that, Spain.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Come on now. Have you really run out of reasons to criticise the manager? Why make things up?

Diallo has been available for one match day squad this season, after months out with a serious injury. He started on the bench in that match. Just like De Bruyne started on the bench for City at the weekend. Does that mean Pep doesn’t rate De Bruyne? Or ETH fancies Evans over Martinez because the latter was a sub in our last match?
Then why loan him out? He could have managed his playing time & development by easing him back into the squad. Already have shifted or will shift 2 RWs out.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Then why loan him out? He could have managed his playing time & development by easing him back into the squad. Already have shifted or will shift 2 RWs out.
If he’s loaned out (and that isn’t confirmed yet) then it’s presumably in the hope he can play every weekend. He’s missed a lot of football already and needs games to develop. He won’t get that at United for reasons that have nothing to do with the manager’s opinion on Antony (Garnacho currently first choice in Amad’s position)

Gordon S

Garnacho has shown that he can play on the right if needed which is very good, but he is probably even better on the left.
Start him on the left, Rasmus middle, and Amad on the right. Let Marcus and Antony be options from the bench.
Amad is clearly good enough to start games for us. Play him and let these young guns grow together, here. Could at least give us some hope for the future.

Njord

The Sunderland picture on his Instagram story might be hinting to the Middlesbrough rumours being false. With his standing in Sunderland, it seems weird to join Middlesbrough for 6 months.

Bertie Wooster

I'd like to see Amad stay and compete for that right wing spot.

I'm not as confident as some seem to be that he'll definitely come in and start providing the consistent threat and end product that we've lacked from the likes of Rashford and Antony this season.

However, he's a good prospect who looks to have the potential of producing some threat and end product - and with so little currently being provided, then I hope we don't loan him out and give him that opportunity in the matchday squad as another option.

Sending out Sancho and Pellistri makes sense (for different reasons). But Amad would be one too many. We need to keep him for numbers as much as anything else, but also to finally give him an opportunity to see how he performs at PL level.

Last edited:

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Garnacho has shown that he can play on the right if needed which is very good, but he is probably even better on the left.
Start him on the left, Rasmus middle, and Amad on the right. Let Marcus and Antony be options from the bench.
Amad is clearly good enough to start games for us. Play him and let these young guns grow together, here. Could at least give us some hope for the future.
Take the point about Garnacho but I don't think we should drop Rashford just as he is showing some signs of returning to form. Our attack has been really poor so far this season, but Rashford is still really the best attacking player we have, if you exclude Bruno.

Amad should definitely get game time, and I think he will do considerably better than Antony if given a chance. Can also play very well at no. 10.

Gordon S

is he really though?
I wish our more established players in attack were playing so well a loan would be his only chance of minutes.
As it is, only Garnacho is playing with ANY kind of confidence and momentum. Amad does not have to emulate prime Robben to be good enough to start for us.

Nick7

A resounding yes. He’ll be seen as one of our best players, just like Mainoo, once/if he gets a run of games here.
I'd love to believe that but nothing he's shown (here or on loan) has me convinced of that

I wish our more established players in attack were playing so well a loan would be his only chance of minutes.
As it is, only Garnacho is playing with ANY kind of confidence and momentum. Amad does not have to emulate prime Robben to be good enough to start for us.
an alternative, maybe. but I'm not sure hes shown anything to say he's clearly good enough

luke511

I'd love to believe that but nothing he's shown (here or on loan) has me convinced of that

an alternative, maybe. but I'm not sure hes shown anything to say he's clearly good enough
Then I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by him. He’s on another level when it comes keeping hold of possession, something our team struggles with, especially in the final third. Having another playmaker in the side, coming from wide, will add a new dynamic as well.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

How many games have you seen of him at United ?

Nick7

How many games have you seen of him at United ?
not enough to say he's clearly good enough. what I have seen here and elsewhere is he's talented but I'm not sure if he'll take to playing week in week out for us. i do hope I'm wrong.

Gordon S

He was one of the best players in the championship last season. 14 or 15 goals as a young creative winger is actually pretty nuts. And half of them (at least) were proper highlight material. And he contributed a lot to their overall attacking play.
He played really well for so long there is hardly a chance we are talking about a red hot purple patch.

I saw him play first team football the first time 3 years ago for Atalanta, they played Midtjylland in a qualifing game for EL (or CL?) he came on with about 20 minutes to go and Atalanta were chasing a winning goal, and i would say he added something to his teams attacking play, smart movement, nice passes, good decisions overall, more or less the same player i saw for Sunderland last season, or in his comeback sub a few weeks ago. He is just a good player.

Red Rash

Luckhurst has just said he's staying.

I hope so. If he can stay fit based on form I think he and Garnacho are our best wingers.

Rashford and Antony are playing terribly and even though I like Pellistri I don't think he is anything other than decent at the moment.

Amad at his best is arguably our most technically gifted player.

bond19821982

not enough to say he's clearly good enough. what I have seen here and elsewhere is he's talented but I'm not sure if he'll take to playing week in week out for us. i do hope I'm wrong.
Exactly the point. Haven't seen enough but just passing comments that he isn't good enough based on feck all.

3KDré

Needs a run of games. Has the talent to make it here.
Garnacho moving to the RW is probably the worst thing that could happen for Amad. Antony is first sub so he has to beat two players to get a game. I'd like to see him at 10 but Bruno never misses a game.

sglowrider

If he’s loaned out (and that isn’t confirmed yet) then it’s presumably in the hope he can play every weekend. He’s missed a lot of football already and needs games to develop. He won’t get that at United for reasons that have nothing to do with the manager’s opinion on Antony (Garnacho currently first choice in Amad’s position)
I was a proponent of him going out on loan earlier to get playing time. But not when we have shifted out two RWs. Anyway, its a moot point now, according to MEN. Reported that he's staying.

Let's hope he gets a fair crack at the whip. I really hate seeing Antony put on a United shirt.

sglowrider

He's a special talent. You need to watch more of him after he gets up & running, ie match fit/sharp. The best first touch I have seen in a decade or two in a United shirt. Fantastic vision. He has just been very unlucky with injuries; this will be the 3rd season where he jumps into a club in mid-season, like jumping onto a moving train.

jeepers

It's less to do with purchases (that shouldn't be on ten hag, the club should have a solid recruitment team) and more to do with player quality identification, trusting your own players to be squad players rather than asking for new signings to be squad players.
Let’s see what he does now with players returning from their respective injuries.

Martinez is a shoo-in to return to the first team once match-fit, although I hope we don’t rush him. I hope to see Garnacho - Amad instead of Rashford - Garnacho on wings although Garnacho has been doing well on the right side. Rashford scoring or assisting doesn’t mean his decision-making is back to his best because he’s still shooting/dribbling into defenders even when passing is the obvious and better option. Or perhaps bring Amad on for Bruno to test him in the middle as a Mezzala-type.

Nick7

Exactly the point. Haven't seen enough but just passing comments that he isn't good enough based on feck all.
But I didn’t say he isn’t good enough. I asked if he was “clearly good enough” which is also based on feck all.

bond19821982

But I didn’t say he isn’t good enough. I asked if he was “clearly good enough” which is also based on feck all.

That doesn't sound like a question to me. That sounds like a typical keyboard warrior comment who absolutely know nothing but just pretend to know everything based on feck all.

Kid hasn't even given a start. Suddenly we have those self proclaimed experts claiming he isn't good enough. Our sad state of affairs.

Onerealunited

We fecking have a season where we have nothing to play for.... You'd never find a time this good to try out and implement young players.... Give him all the time he needs next 6 months and then decide what to do with him come summer....... If he performs as we fans expect then we'd have 2 wingers in Garnacho and Amad to continue our build up from

Red Rash

Deserves game time. I can only believe we will loan him out otherwise it makes no sense. I think he has as much potential as Garnacho and Mainoo but we need to use him.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Well that’s his career down the pan. Should be starting games like this and to not even use him is shocking. Maybe he’s suffering from illness or injury still, otherwise it makes zero sense.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Unless he somehow starts next game, I envisage the rest of the season rather pessimistically. He’ll sit around on the bench with Rashford, Garnacho, and Antony ahead of him. Mount will also get added to the mix at some point when he appears from injury again.

All with us playing 1 game a week until the end of the season.

Should’ve let him go on loan.

Litch

When he doesnt come on but a player from u21 does, wouldnt surprise me if hes going out on load again ?

Superunknown

We're blatantly going to be moving him on soon. Permanently. He isn't going to get a look in, especially under EtH.

The Substitute

How did that happen? Extremely disappointing. If it's not a fitness or injury issue, then I have no clue what's going on.

Terrible performances by our wingers, and Amad doesn't even get a single minute vs Newport??

Cela shomana

We're blatantly going to be moving him on soon. Permanently. He isn't going to get a look in, especially under EtH.
It might be frustrating to be a squad member in Ten Hag team. You have team members who never get substituted regardless of score or performance. in rare occasions, you will get those odd three minutes where you have limited time to make an impact. even if you impress, the next game you get 0 minutes to at least build a momentum

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Unless he somehow starts next game,[/B] I envisage the rest of the season rather pessimistically. He’ll sit around on the bench with Rashford, Garnacho, and Antony ahead of him. Mount will also get added to the mix at some point when he appears from injury again.

All with us playing 1 game a week until the end of the season.

Should’ve let him go on loan.
Antony scored today. He's pretty much secured a starting position for the next 2 months now.