View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Varun1

He might well be frustrated but that's petty and extremely unprofessional.
I didn't think he'd make it here, so not fussed if we sell him. But I can totally understand his frustration.
Like many have posted before me, why the feck block his loan move or start Forson ahead of him! At the very least he deserved more minutes given how shite others have been.

crackers0seven

So are we going to sell 4 or 5 right wingers this summer. Surely greenwood,sancho,pellistri are gone. Maybe amad now... maybe we will be lucky and antony stays :(

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
So are we going to sell 4 or 5 right wingers this summer. Surely greenwood,sancho,pellistri are gone. Maybe amad now... maybe we will be lucky and antony stays :(
Guess Garnacho moves to the right-wing spot and Antony stays. There's actually a case for now signing a LW or dare I say it someone capable of doing both wings.

Eric_the_Red99

If we’d loaned him out or sold him in January and kept Reguilon we’d be have been much better off. Absolutely no point in keeping him if there’s no intention of playing him for more than a few minutes even against weaker opposition.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Well that’s disappointing. Does make you wonder what’s the point of Championship loans when someone does as well as he did and doesnt get a sniff when they come back to the club.
Complete waste of time. They won't get a chance when then they come back.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Disappointing, but I won't lose sleep over it. He has probably a case for getting some more minutes, but he's also not been available. I can see both sides and don't think either are in the wrong.

Red00012

We’ve had problems all season with consistency on the right. If Amad hasn’t started it means he must be rubbish at training. I’ll trust ETH on this one seeing as he’s completely dropped Antony

Litch

Not sure why we kept him rather than allowed his to go out on loan. Surely he was deserving of some minutes to keep him motivated?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m gonna go ahead and guess that him deactivating his social media today has something to do with it being Day 1 of Ramadan and the speculation is your usual hissy fits of the net.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I’m gonna go ahead and guess that him deactivating his social media today has something to do with it being Day 1 of Ramadan and the speculation is your usual hissy fits of the net.
He didn't deactivate social media though, did he? It seems he just deleted any United related things from it.

pascell

I can't believe amongst the hysteria, someone has suggested we replace McTominay in CM with Amad, that's up there with the Caf favourite of playing Fred at LB.

Sweet Square

Because we don’t know if Ten Hag will be here next season it’s almost impossible to judge any decisions getting made at the club currently.

Is potentially letting Amad go a decision made with long term thinking or is it a desperate manager starting to piss off players in the squad.

Very dumb situation we are in.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Regardless of whats happened, I blame this on Ten Hag. He never seems to give this lad a chance. Keeps playing trash overpaid underperforming players but not this guy who is hungry to prove himself.

Robertd0803

Not giving him game time over woefully underperforming players is stupid.

However acting the muppet on social media is also stupid.

For all Amad and his management team know there could be a new coach next season who starts him every week regardless of contract situation, then they have all the leverage.

Instead acting up on social media is going to endear him to a new club how? You arent going anywhere in March genius, all you are doing is making it easier to not get selected for the next 15/16 games for that reason instead of whatever random reason EtH doesnt fancy him.

noelyman

Wow it's almost like people fail to look for rational reasons for someones behaviour and instead move straight to hysterical rumour mongering.

Son

Seemed a bit weird. Anyways this guy is a good player. He certainly has the technical ability to make it at United so I’m hoping the manager is just fine tuning him.

He’s already better than Antony if you ask me attacking wise proven last season in the Championship.

Antony has one trick that curling shot he does into the far corner. It’s not reliable either.

city-puma

These many hours today demonstrate how frustrated Manutd fans have been this season, and rightly so!
We all know ETH will continue playing us in the ugly way till the season end.
I want to see more minutes given to Amad! At least, we as fans can still have some hopes toward the future.

Grande

I would agree if the manager was consistent with this approach, but some players continue to get minutes even though the reverse applies, i.e., game after game they're shite, yet they continue to feature. Is that because they show more during training!
Well, option one: The manager is a Bizarro world freak, so the better a player plays, and the more the other coaches tell him to play this player, the less he will play, the better he plays in traing ground maches, the fewer minutes. Fun!

Option two: The manager has his tactical ideas that favors a defensively intensive, loyal and known operator, but he will also adhere to what wins games, who objectively plays the role best and contributes most, and who the other coaches say are the hot shit comin’ steamin’ through like a pile of piledriver dung beetles supreme. If a defensively intense, loyal and known RW plays like dung for many games, then a potential dung beetle can overtake him by showing Ten Hag and also the others how really to play an inside pass going on the outside, and if Ten Hag is a bit sceptical, if Fletcher vouches his life on said player (‘you really should have seen him, boss, made Antony look like paint drying’’) it will earn him chances over a player with two goal contributions since May. But it will have it’s limits. If a non-suicidal coach gives a player 50 minutes in a season where debutants and a 19 year old LW are preferred, yes, you are right, Amad has probably pulled up so few trees in trainig that noone has found it worth giving him time over Antony, Garnacho or Forson. Even given the absence of Judas Sancho and Next Year Pellistri. According to most couch experts, Antony has been so bad that even my auntie would see that I’m a better option, yet you’re telling me that an enthusiastic group of McLaren, Van der Gaag, Fletcher, Hawkins, Clegg and Owen saw Amad rip it up in training matches, in exercises, in the gym, on the track field, but they just couldn’t convince Ten Hag to give him a few minutes against Newport?

Sounds unlikely. The version you mention, were Amad simply shows less in training every day than his competition, which we would have no clue about either way, sounds a lot more likely.

crackers0seven

Guess Garnacho moves to the right-wing spot and Antony stays. There's actually a case for now signing a LW or dare I say it someone capable of doing both wings.
Yea garnacho deffo is no1 right winger now. He's been very good from the right. Pity sancho was such a flop cause we'd have plenty of cover both sides if not

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Feck Ten Hag, get him out of this fecking club.
One thing I think ETH has been is fair to the players. He stuck with Antony over Sancho because the former wasn’t completely shit at the time and was excellent defensively. As soon as one of the wide player - Garnacho - showed both quality as well as work rate, he’s dropped his supposed pet Antony for a prolonged period. He didn’t have any hesitation in dropping Rashford when he was out of line or Sancho when he misbehaved. He took a hard stance on Ronaldo which was a huge risk for the greater good of the team. For all the calls for Pellistri he was never good enough for us either.

So at least on Amad I have faith in ETH that the kid mustn’t be showing the same quality / fight on the training ground that Garnacho / Hojlund do. That - especially attitude and intensity - should precede being given chances in the first team.

I don’t rate the job he’s doing of course. His tenure at the club is hanging by a thread and rightfully so as the team is playing rubbish football. But just on the player treatment, I have been happy with him.

sepulturite

Do we have any indication why he made the change to his socials?

On the face of it, it’s definitely not a good look in the absence of any context.

If his rationale is what we suspect, then it feels reflective of an individualist mentality we are trying to eliminate from the dressing room.

Even if you’re pissed (and even some fans are pissed) about your lack of chances, you put your head down, prove yourself daily, and get on with it.

We need team players who don’t create public noise and distraction that detract from team/dressing room stability and cohesion.
Go a few posts up on this page and you'll see his latest Instagram post, he deactivated all social media because of Ramadan.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
The only thing I can think of as to why Amad had not been getting minutes could be because he is a player who relies on skill and ability on the ball, whereas players like Garnacho and Forson, like Elanga before, can follow instructions implicitly, and do the job ETH has asked them to do. Amad, I think, is more of a maverick type of player, and he hasn't earned ETH's trust yet.
I still believe he could eventually become a 10, but really he needs minutes on the pitch.

Jev

Seems people are just buying the Ramadan explanation in order to accuse others of hysteria but as I understand it he didn’t just deactivate his accounts but also specifically removed all United related things? Doesn’t make sense.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Seems people are just buying the Ramadan explanation in order to accuse others of hysteria but as I understand it he didn’t just deactivate his accounts but also specifically removed all United related things? Doesn’t make sense.
Yeah, strange behavior to say the least. I don't understand the point of deleting everything just because its Ramadan.

Marwood

Can't help but take his side in this and I'm usually only too happy to tell stroppy players to piss off.

He did all he could to impress at Sunderland. He comes back to United and sees Sancho get exiled, Antony miss time due to allegations, Rashford playing putrid football and he gets absolutely no chance to play football with all of this.

People keep saying "He's not good enough." He's not even getting the fecking chance to show it.
Well there's him getting injured again for months. If we're summing up his season that should be in there.

I thought in his last appearance it looked like he was running through treacle.

Red Rash

“If any of you are wondering why Amad Diallo is consistently an unsued sub and this seemingly dead baller Omari Forson is starting this game, here's why...

It's all contract related, the club wants to resign both. Amad's ends next year and Forson's ends in June. Amad and his team are unwilling to negotiate due to a lack of 1st team opportunity. Forson and his team have been willing to do so.

Upper-management and/or the manager have decided to prioritise appeasing Team Forson over Team Amad, likely due to the former being able to leave on free this summer, hence his appearances (albeit as a sub until today).

It has also been recently reported that Forson and the club couldn't agree during negotiation. I'm deducing that Forson starting is a stronger act of propitiation by the club so they can get Team Forson back to the negotiating table and get the desired outcome.

Ten Hag recently stated in presser that Amad's lack of appearances aren't related to training. Which is a tacit acknowledgement that it's not football-related. Perhaps, the club are banking on using next season to convince Team Amad, especially if a new manager”
If there is any truth to this it makes no sense. Neither player has signed a new contract due to lack of first team opportunities. If we believe Amad is the bigger talent surely it makes sense to give him the opportunities, prove he will get a chance and then he would be likely to sign a contract.

Honestly the entire situation is a mess. Rashford and Antony have both been poor for a long time and Forson has shown very little when played yet we have a player in Amad who was brilliant last season in the championship but we refuse to give him minutes. I personally rate Amad but I understand some posters don't think he is the answer but we at least should have given him a run of games to see what he is made of.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Yeah, strange behavior to say the least. I don't understand the point of deleting everything just because its Ramadan.
You’d be surprised how normal it is for people to delete/hide their social media posts with a genuine intent to cleanse spiritually. You might not get it, but, it’s definitely a thing.

In Diallo’s case however, I don’t buy it, given the fact he deleted/hid everything United related and then deactivated.