Amad Diallo | Rangers loan watch

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We will see how tough he can be in tomorrows game because he’ll be getting kicked left right and centre in that derby. I fancy him to score though but not sure rangers will win looking at how they defended in the last game.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Amad posted on Twitter post game saying he can’t wait for Wednesday and Van Bronckhorst mentioned no injury when saying why he took him off after the game - insinuated it was match sharpness/fitness related so I think it was cramp.
Happy days. Looking forward to the game now. Will be bizarre as feck wanting Rangers to do well in an old firm match though. Ho hum.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Happy days. Looking forward to the game now. Will be bizarre as feck wanting Rangers to do well in an old firm match though. Ho hum.
Likewise, especially as someone who lives in Scotland but so keen for Amad to develop well and this game could be massive for him.

NoPace

I went on their forum to see what they though of Amad (basically everyone had him as the 2nd best player in the game behind Aribo, who they seem to rate as their best player generally, wonder if he'll get a Prem move this summer) and was reminded of how bad the vibes are with them, yeah.

Mickson

Have you heard an update on the injury that ended his last match?
Not really, but the subbing off struck me as cautiousness and cramp. He has trained with the team, and they didn't mention anything in the press conference. Every Rangers fans seem to think he will be starting tonight.

Daengophile

There must be something wrong with my eyes.

Every time I read Amad's name I see "Armadillo"

And I think it's contagious

MUFC OK

We will see how tough he can be in tomorrows game because he’ll be getting kicked left right and centre in that derby. I fancy him to score though but not sure rangers will win looking at how they defended in the last game.
It was an absolute circus wasn't it? Not sure that game was the best reflection of Scottish football as I don't watch much of it but it seriously looked akin to League One standard. He is technically a cut above that level but maybe the club valued the physicality aspect of the league as part of his development.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I went on their forum to see what they though of Amad (basically everyone had him as the 2nd best player in the game behind Aribo, who they seem to rate as their best player generally, wonder if he'll get a Prem move this summer) and was reminded of how bad the vibes are with them, yeah.
A distant friend of mine (well, one of my best friend’s cousins) is Aribo’s agent and told me that clubs were circling and Gerrard has been looking to bring him to Villa.

Definitely looks like he can cut it in the PL to me.

55titles

Supports
Rangers
It was an absolute circus wasn't it? Not sure that game was the best reflection of Scottish football as I don't watch much of it but it seriously looked akin to League One standard. He is technically a cut above that level but maybe the club valued the physicality aspect of the league as part of his development.
Most of our league is league 1 level. That game was impacted by strong winds though and unfortunately only Rangers and Celtic have maximum size pitches in Scotland. The rest of the league have smaller pitches which impacts on the football that can be played too. Rangers conceded three absolutely comical goals though, 2 bizarre moments from the goalie and a gaffe from Bassey too (a left back playing centre back due to injuries). We conceded 13 goals all season last year so that isn’t the norm.

We do have good players, our European record speaks for itself. So Diallo will be part of a good team capable of playing good football. Tonight is a big challenge for Diallo and we will be relying on him a bit for some creativity.

MUFC OK

Most of our league is league 1 level. That game was impacted by strong winds though and unfortunately only Rangers and Celtic have maximum size pitches in Scotland. The rest of the league have smaller pitches which impacts on the football that can be played too. Rangers conceded three absolutely comical goals though, 2 bizarre moments from the goalie and a gaffe from Bassey too (a left back playing centre back due to injuries). We conceded 13 goals all season last year so that isn’t the norm.

We do have good players, our European record speaks for itself. So Diallo will be part of a good team capable of playing good football. Tonight is a big challenge for Diallo and we will be relying on him a bit for some creativity.
To be fair a large part of my assessment was probably that the stadium facilities were akin to League One or worse, a bit like an FA Cup tie against lower league opposition.

Amad could be an inspired signing for the reason highlighted, seems excellent in small spaces. I'm going to watch the game tonight, should be interesting, shame Ramsey isn't ready in time.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Watching the old firm game. As you can see from my profile. Im also a Rangers fan. Diallo has been abysmal. Caused the first goal by not pressing the shot. Literally standing about doing nothing. Rangers arent known for their great pressing but even his teammates are moaning at him. It just shows what a long term problem Utd have. Its just not in the makeup of a Utd player to work hard and press.
I will be very surprised he he comes back out for the 2nd half

Gordon S

Didn`t do much wrong in the first half imo. Easy to see his talent. But the manager obviously needs to makes some changes after such a poor first half

JB7

Watching the old firm game. As you can see from my profile. Im also a Rangers fan. Diallo has been abysmal. Caused the first goal by not pressing the shot. Literally standing about doing nothing. Rangers arent known for their great pressing but even his teammates are moaning at him. It just shows what a long term problem Utd have. Its just not in the makeup of a Utd player to work hard and press.
This is a bit extreme. It's his second game for the club and his team essentially got ambushed. He wasn't good but literally any of the outfield players could have been hooked with no grounds for complaint.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Amad ain't the reason your team is getting absolutely dicked

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Hurts being humiliated in an old firm game, doesn’t it? :D

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
His team mates are shit mate. Diallo isnt the reason they conceded. If they are moaning at him then they are dumb.

captaincantona

Did you not think he was ignored a fair bit by your right back who consistently ran inside often into dead ends?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
What an utterly thoughtless post.
The Amad/Pellestri transfer window will likely age as one of the worst in our history given how much we needed a right winger and how much we spent on two players who are so far away from the quality required. I cannot understand what we were thinking with those transfer fees for those players when you consider what could have been bought for that money. We must be paying them peanuts.

Maybe, just maybe, I will be wrong.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
His poor performance was as inevitable as the knee-jerk reactions to his poor performance. He's been in Glasgow for like a week and has been thrown into the biggest game of their season against a team that just dominated them. Nobody would have played well in this scenario.

buckooo1978

he wasnt good but who was for Rangers. Celtic blew them away in that first half. Rangers werent much better in the second.

Not a great night but part of his learning

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Didn`t do much wrong in the first half imo. Easy to see his talent. But the manager obviously needs to makes some changes after such a poor first half
Hi didn't do much right
He was poor. Game might have been a bit intense for him

captaincantona

The Amad/Pellestri transfer window will likely age as one of the worst in our history given how much we needed a right winger and how much we spent on two players who are so far away from the quality required. I cannot understand what we were thinking with those transfer fees for those players when you consider what could have been bought for that money. We must be paying them peanuts.

Maybe, just maybe, I will be wrong.
Really?

The amounts spent up front were not as dramatic as people seem to want to make out. In addition, they were completely reasonable for the level of talent...it’s a risk of course but Pellistri was €9million or something like that- it’s not his fault we are inept at actually ensuring that talent is developed.

you do remember some of the windows under Fergie...

Walters_19_MuFc

What a load of nonsense!

Only this season have people spoken about United regards pressing, and now everyone has hung onto every word.

Funnily enough, the odd occasion Diallo has featured for us, he's been praised for his pressing off the ball.

55titles

Supports
Rangers
We’re going to have to write that one off. Plenty games to go.

NoPace

A distant friend of mine (well, one of my best friend’s cousins) is Aribo’s agent and told me that clubs were circling and Gerrard has been looking to bring him to Villa.

Definitely looks like he can cut it in the PL to me.
Makes sense. They need to replace Sanson with a better box to box type for the Xmas tree (rotating with Ramsey and McGinn) and obviously Gerrard knows him well.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
This is a bit extreme. It's his second game for the club and his team essentially got ambushed. He wasn't good but literally any of the outfield players could have been hooked with no grounds for complaint.
This is a Diallo thread and my main point was about his lack of pressing/trying/energy. Any one can have a bad game but he didnt look interested . Tavernier was screaming at him full 1st half as he was letting a pretty average Celtic defence swan about like Beckenbauer and Moore. Unfortunately thats what the new Utd DNA looks like it seems.
I am posting here as a Utd fan not a Rangers one. I can get plenty of abuse from Celtic fans up here at work etc so thanks Pogue but give it a rest mate with the "get it up you" imojis.
I will reiterate that my main issue is Utd players just dont seem to have that work ethic. We complain about it constantly on CAF. I hope Im wrong and he comes good but just commenting on what I saw tonight.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Really?

The amounts spent up front were not as dramatic as people seem to want to make out. In addition, they were completely reasonable for the level of talent...it’s a risk of course but Pellistri was €9million or something like that- it’s not his fault we are inept at actually ensuring that talent is developed.

you do remember some of the windows under Fergie...
As usual when I have doubts on United players, I'll be happy for them to prove me wrong. They've done nothing since signing to suggest they have any real future at the club and I cannot see how we would have any interest in them if they were not currently on our books.

AndyMUFC86

It was a very tough environment for Amad to make any impact last night. Celtic we’re on a different level, especially intensity wise. It won’t do him any harm to have experienced a game and atmosphere like that.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Did you not think he was ignored a fair bit by your right back who consistently ran inside often into dead ends?
Yeah I'd say so. I think Tavernier is so accustomed to swinging crosses into the box, it'll take him a bit of time to start playing a short give-and-go game around Amad.

I don't think he defended well, but we didn't play to his strengths either. Lots of knee-jerking going on.

UpWithRivers

He seemed completely lost positionally. Defensively he didnt know who to pick up or where to be. Attacking wise he was static. Just went right and stayed there most of the time. Little movement to come to the ball or make runs behind. Looked exactly like what he is. A young player in a new club thrown in against a very intense top side that was dominating them. Its a good lesson for him. When he plays against a low block he will be fine I think. But he needs to learn to deal with this kind of high pressure, high intensity football when you are getting battered.