Onana again...

Chairman Steve

This is going to cause some confusion if we get him :lol:

‘Onana fecking up again’
‘Which one?’
‘A. Onana’
‘…Which one?’

IrishRedDevil

Consistency. Can be 8/10 and 2/10 in the same game. Can be 8/10 for two weeks and then 2/10 for 5 weeks. He has too many average or below average performances still and not enough consistency mentally in his game yet. I think that will come in time but needs to pick up if he wants to make it at a top club. He has the technical and physical qualities to be an elite player but he needs to improve his concentration and application of those talents.
^ Pass.

He is 22 in 2 days.

Lavia is 2.5 years younger. If we are going to spend over £50m on a young and inconsistent midfielder, it should be him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We definitely do need some aerial and physical presence, especially with the departures of McTominay and Maguire. Just not convinced the rest of Onana's game is up to par, especially for such a proposed fee.

mu4c_20le

We definitely do need some aerial and physical presence, especially with the departures of McTominay and Maguire. Just not convinced the rest of Onana's game is up to par, especially for such a proposed fee.
I would be shocked if it happens but maybe we could include a player.

croadyman

Yeah that's my concern as well

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What's the proposed fee?
According to some of the tweets on page 2, around £50m. Everton also signed the player for £33m to begin with, so they're definitely not going to go much cheaper.
I would be shocked if it happens but maybe we could include a player.
A McTominay + a very slight sum of cash could work. [Somewhat] like for like.

Borninthe80ts

He reminds me of Yaya Toure with his long stride and similar passing range and style. He definitely puts his foot in more though. We do need to add some bite to midfield too.

arthurka

Yeah only if we are getting a passer and progressor as well which our midfield lacks
Always available for passing, very good on the ball, good ball winner and good in the air. Pretty decent passer as well. Only 22 think he could become a brilliant signing for us. But yeah preferably he should have a decent passing range.

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
he’s really nothing like them? Weird comparison.
Hmm nothing like them ? Either you didn't watch him at all last season or I have watched him only in his bad games. Mid player and not Man United level player simple. We should be aiming higher , I cannot accept how most of our fans are satisfied with mediocrity that needs to change from top of the club to the fans.

A person with a simple eye can see that this player is not up for the job. If we are willing to pay 50 million pounds for this clown we better stick with good old Mctominay .

Sorry 60m pounds

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
The journo isn't the most reliable when it comes to United and the story would have to be corroborated by a journo close to United. But Amadou Onana would be a potential upgrade on Scott Mctominay imo. And that opinion is mostly based off what I've read about the player. It seems ten Hag wants to raise the physical level in midfield without compromising on the technical level. I think if we can add Onana and Ambrabat to the team, it would significantly raise the physical and technical level of the team.

The twitter handle below has been very positive about us signing Onana for a while now. And his write ups have been quite compelling as far I'm concerned.

Only we could spunk insane amounts of money on bang average players. This fecking club never changes. Can't wait to perpetually keep challenging for top 4 whilst wasting hundreds of millions of average shite like this guy.

worldinmotion66

I remember watching his debut last year and thinking that Everton had a real gem on their hands. Would be more than happy if we were the club that provided the polish.

As he’s a completely different profile to Amrabat, I’d assume he’s not seen as an alternative. I rate him higher than Lavia, who I think is massively overrated on here, so a similar sort of fee would be good business

Remember the geese

Not seen too much of him but would he be that much of an upgrade on mct? Amrabat seems like a proper upgrade.
I think that currently he's a slightly better player than McTominay, but is also significantly younger and can be moulded into a much better player by developing his tactical understanding of the game.

croadyman

I remember watching his debut last year and thinking that Everton had a real gem on their hands. Would be more than happy if we were the club that provided the polish. As he’s a completely different profile to Amrabat, I’d assume he’s not seen as an alternative. I rate him higher than Lavia, who I think is massively overrated on here, so a similar sort of few would be good business
Yeah surely as he's got a completely different profile then he's not alternative to Amrabat,having said that are we getting another De Jong & Casemiro situation where Erik is now looking at a player with different attributes

bstb3

Seems a lot of money for essentially a back up player. Surely Amarabat is a better option given the relative costs? This chap does seem to have quite the physical presence though, and i remember thinking he could do a job for us last season.. but the money is there without McTominay going?

It's also like they haven't realised we already have an Onana on the books. 2x Onana, Mason Mount, Hojlund. The megastore is going to run out of n''s, and then where will we be? This kind of short term planning is just typical of us.

tomaldinho1

Hmm nothing like them ? Either you didn't watch him at all last season or I have watched him only in his bad games. Mid player and not Man United level player simple. We should be aiming higher , I cannot accept how most of our fans are satisfied with mediocrity that needs to change from top of the club to the fans.

A person with a simple eye can see that this player is not up for the job. If we are willing to pay 50 million pounds for this clown we better stick with good old Mctominay .

Sorry 60m pounds
£20m + McT

This is the kind of transfer (not with that fee) that I like though, our CMs are a bit slow

flameinthesun

I think that currently he's a slightly better player than McTominay, but is also significantly younger and can be moulded into a much better player by developing his tactical understanding of the game.
That feels like to me not that much of an upgrade. In that case I'd rather keep mct than get an upgrade whose slightly better with the caveat that I haven't seen much of Onana.

bosskeano

he was one of Everton's best players last season....very very solid box to box midfielder and a big physical presence

Roboc7

Makes sense if Mctominay can be sold, but with DVB only looking at going on loan and Henderson deal falling apart not sure funds would extend to buy Onana, a CB and Amrabat.

MegadrivePerson

Seems like every defensive midfielder with Premier League experience now costs a minimum of £60 m then?

croadyman

Makes sense if Mctominay can be sold, but with DVB only looking at going on loan and Henderson deal falling apart not sure funds would extend to buy Onana, a CB and Amrabat.
I would say pass on CB but leaves us too light

jeepers

He’s a DM? He has really a really poor sense of positioning then or is Dyche playing him as a box-to-box?

Red00012

McTominay isn’t going anywhere :lol: