Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Bold matters. 14 incidents and 12 of them, even if they are 50%.

In terms of probability that makes the odds of none of the incidents happening 0.00024414062%

That's assuming none of the 12 proved incidents are more convincing (75% true) and so on.

Edit: Theres a reason I got a C in stats
Also by going into these statistics you seem to be under the misunderstanding that the balance of probabilities means that more than 50% of the evidence submitted was some kind of hard proof. The 50% refers to the judges mindset, not the 'evidence' shown. If the judges mindset is that he believes it's 50.01% likely to have happened then it's referred to as substantially true. How the judge came to that belief that it's 50.01% likely to have happened and 49.99% likely to have not happened does not speak to anything evidence related that you can then start providing statistics about. This was not a criminal trial, did not require anywhere near the burden of proof that a criminal trial requires, but you're talking as if the standards applied were in any way similar. This was simply a case to see whether the Sun could print the words they printed and the judges verdict was essentially 'meh, I believe it's more likely to have happened than not to have happened, so I'll allow the Sun to say that' but nothing was proven, nothing was decided to be true but you're running with it and inferring things that shouldn't be inferred.

Last edited:

MichaelRed

Don't actually want to "make enemies" here so I'll try be as respectful as possible to give an opposing view to your points.

If you look at any piece of evidence on it's own it won't work but add up all of this:

1) Depps violent past reported by Kate Moss and another ex (I'm forgetting the name she was involved in the UK high court case)
2) Suns 12 counts of accusation against him withheld in a UK high court
3) Bruises on Amber Heard with pictures shared
4) Depps obvious problems with alcohol and drugs
5) A board certified psychologist Dr. Dawn Hughes has said she clearly sees sexual and physical abuse from Depp. I've heard a lot about this psychologist being a quack. I think that's none sense but yes she's Heard's psychologist so there is bias here but at best I think there would be exaggeration of events. Not "just never happened".
6) Depps apologies on text, texts to friends.
7) Depps assistant said Depp was apologetic, appalled and sad when I would tell him about how he beat her up. He claims Depp would say he had an illness (addiction) and didn't remember any of this. Here its possible Depp's own assistent is lying but again, it's all these cases combined.
8) Amber Heard has texts to friends and families as well as diary notes from the times he hit her all the way back to 2013.

There is all of this. And again, she could be framing him but for me it's easier to understand that he did hit her.
1) Depp has no violence reported by Kate Moss, this is just a myth & actually when Amber brought up the Kate Moss alleged violence on the stand we saw Depp's team immediately fist pumping & celebrating amongst each other so it may very well be likely that they'll now bring Moss in as a rebuttal witness to disprove that allegation. The other accusation I'm not aware of & you can't remember it either so I can't comment on it.

2) They were, with a very low proving threshhold, with no jury & Amber being used as a reliable witness. I also think JD shot himself in the foot by using the approach we're now seeing Amber use with the "I'm holier than thou and completely innocent and perfect in every way" approach. JD got caught out, rightly so, with that approach. In this trial he has been a lot more open about him having his own past issues & I think it'll work out a much better approach in the end.

3) The pictures were submitted with no metadata, data that is used to show time, date, location & whether or not the picture has been altered. There's literally zero reason to refuse to submit metadata if your picture is legitimate as it will just prove that you're telling the truth. So the pictures already start on the shakiest of ground but then we see her December 2015 "bruising" with a very filled in & clearly regularly used calendar behind her set to "ARY 2015". So are we saying that the calendar was clearly used regularly, as shown by half of it being filled out, but was then not changed from January/February all the way up until December? Another picture shows a bruise on her arm which she says she got from an event where JD smashed her across the face, causing her lip to split and splatter blood on the walls, pinned her down by gripping her arms (how she claims this arm bruise appeared), then she says he smashed her in the face with his fistful of rings so many times that she lost count. The bruise has no finger marks and doesn't match with how a bruise would appear from that event, she has no split lip & not even a blotch of redness on a face that had apparantly been pummeled by an effective knuckle-duster. Add to this that she looks like a teenager in the picture, has a hair colour that she hadn't had for 5 years prior to the event & a phone that had been discontinued 4 years prior, despite her being a millionaire that JD apparantly showered with gifts. At this point the pictures are hurting her case and are going to end up being better evidence for JD & she shouldn't have submitted them at all.

4) He had always had issues with alcohol and drugs, just like she does. What evidence is this of anything? It's her whole case, I can prove JD does drink & drugs so therefore please take a leap of faith and believe that he beat the shit out of me. She doesn't want us to take that leap and assume the same of her though, despite her substance abuse? She also said on the stand that she would never do cocaine & was totally against it, despite her having a self reported cocaine addiction on her medical records.

5) Dr Dawn Hughes who used gender stereotypes her entire testimony, claiming males can be victims in same-sex relationships. Dr Dawn Hughes who has, in decades of doing this, never testified on behalf of a male victim in a heterosexual case. Dr Dawn Hughes who testified she had judged Amber to have PTSD before administering the test & could therefore have easily been using outcome bias. Dr Dawn Hughes that didn't even properly administer the test that starts off by requiring a specific traumatic event to trigger the PTSD but she just left that blank. Dr Dawn Hughes who also left the frequencies blank on every page. Dr Dawn Hughes who only regurgitated Amber's story & said she disagreed with all the other medical notes on Amber. She also said she was able to determine Depp was the abuser despite never speaking to him. Sorry but Amber's dog could have taken the stand and been more credible than her.

6) Depps texts apologising for his drink & drug problem? Again, we already know about this, so what does that prove with regards to him beating her up?

7) If you show me this one I'd be very interested in it.

8) Amber Heard texting people to say he abused her is somehow evidence he abused her? She's the least credible witness so far so this doesn't carry much weight.

I mean that is pretty ridiculous. Someone posting a picture that looks worse than that of hers to "prove" this isn't "real" domestic abuse? Does a bruised lip not count?
The lip thing was the most compelling thing I'd seen from AH so far tbh but that quickly washed away. It's a scab on her bottom right lip but tbh my partner's lips look like that 24/7 because she has the habit of chewing & picking at her lips. I don't think it's a very common habit, particularly in adults so I would be willing to give AH the benefit of the doubt and say it could have been an injury that wasn't self-sustained. That all fades away when you watch her sit on the stand, chewing her bottom right lip for hours on end. It clearly is a habit she also has because she has done it almost literally non-stop.

I'm bringing a balanced opinion. The cancelling of Depp was wrong the way it happened in the peak of the movement where Amber Heard was a saint but afterwards, Depp used his power and muscle to wreck her imagine which he very successfully has.

I am "obsessing" over Depp because he's seen as the innocent party here by most while I think both are toxic to each other.
Don't really understand the highlighted part. If by power and muscle you mean he made a legal case out of it then what's the problem? If her accusations are false then are you saying he should just lay down and take it and not use his power to fight back? That's seems very odd. Also odd to say he wrecked her image when you'd think that it was her that wrecked her image. He didn't force her to beat him or to shit on his bed or to lie about him.

If you want to argue the photos are fake you can talk about the visuals of it or that they could be bruises from other injuries but sharing a picture of Rihanna who was beaten up pretty bad as a counter is plain weird.
The point he's trying to make with Rihanna is that she sustained those injuries from being punched 3 times by Chris Brown whilst he was driving. Amber looks tired and 24 hours after the alleged beating she looks literally flawless. All this despite AH claiming she was pinned to the ground and pummeled in the face more times than she could count by a man that was, she claims, wearing so many rings that he was basically wearing a knuckle-duster. The point isn't that you have to look like Rihanna to have been struck, just that if you were attacked as she described you'd probably have a face like a jigsaw.

Drainy

Don't actually want to "make enemies" here so I'll try be as respectful as possible to give an opposing view to your points.

1) Depp has no violence reported by Kate Moss, this is just a myth & actually when Amber brought up the Kate Moss alleged violence on the stand we saw Depp's team immediately fist pumping & celebrating amongst each other so it may very well be likely that they'll now bring Moss in as a rebuttal witness to disprove that allegation. The other accusation I'm not aware of & you can't remember it either so I can't comment on it.
We might be getting exes giving rebuttal evidence now that Heard has introduced that, but more likely the fist pump was because it very much opens the door to potentially discussing how Heard allegedly assaulted her ex-wife

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

2) They were, with a very low proving threshhold, with no jury & Amber being used as a reliable witness. I also think JD shot himself in the foot by using the approach we're now seeing Amber use with the "I'm holier than thou and completely innocent and perfect in every way" approach. JD got caught out, rightly so, with that approach. In this trial he has been a lot more open about him having his own past issues & I think it'll work out a much better approach in the end.

3) The pictures were submitted with no metadata, data that is used to show time, date, location & whether or not the picture has been altered. There's literally zero reason to refuse to submit metadata if your picture is legitimate as it will just prove that you're telling the truth. So the pictures already start on the shakiest of ground but then we see her December 2015 "bruising" with a very filled in & clearly regularly used calendar behind her set to "ARY 2015". So are we saying that the calendar was clearly used regularly, as shown by half of it being filled out, but was then not changed from January/February all the way up until December? Another picture shows a bruise on her arm which she says she got from an event where JD smashed her across the face, causing her lip to split and splatter blood on the walls, pinned her down by gripping her arms (how she claims this arm bruise appeared), then she says he smashed her in the face with his fistful of rings so many times that she lost count. The bruise has no finger marks and doesn't match with how a bruise would appear from that event, she has no split lip & not even a blotch of redness on a face that had apparantly been pummeled by an effective knuckle-duster. Add to this that she looks like a teenager in the picture, has a hair colour that she hadn't had for 5 years prior to the event & a phone that had been discontinued 4 years prior, despite her being a millionaire that JD apparantly showered with gifts. At this point the pictures are hurting her case and are going to end up being better evidence for JD & she shouldn't have submitted them at all.

4) He had always had issues with alcohol and drugs, just like she does. What evidence is this of anything? It's her whole case, I can prove JD does drink & drugs so therefore please take a leap of faith and believe that he beat the shit out of me. She doesn't want us to take that leap and assume the same of her though, despite her substance abuse? She also said on the stand that she would never do cocaine & was totally against it, despite her having a self reported cocaine addiction on her medical records.

5) Dr Dawn Hughes who used gender stereotypes her entire testimony, claiming males can be victims in same-sex relationships. Dr Dawn Hughes who has, in decades of doing this, never testified on behalf of a male victim in a heterosexual case. Dr Dawn Hughes who testified she had judged Amber to have PTSD before administering the test & could therefore have easily been using outcome bias. Dr Dawn Hughes that didn't even properly administer the test that starts off by requiring a specific traumatic event to trigger the PTSD but she just left that blank. Dr Dawn Hughes who also left the frequencies blank on every page. Dr Dawn Hughes who only regurgitated Amber's story & said she disagreed with all the other medical notes on Amber. She also said she was able to determine Depp was the abuser despite never speaking to him. Sorry but Amber's dog could have taken the stand and been more credible than her.

6) Depps texts apologising for his drink & drug problem? Again, we already know about this, so what does that prove with regards to him beating her up?

7) If you show me this one I'd be very interested in it.

8) Amber Heard texting people to say he abused her is somehow evidence he abused her? She's the least credible witness so far so this doesn't carry much weight.

The lip thing was the most compelling thing I'd seen from AH so far tbh but that quickly washed away. It's a scab on her bottom right lip but tbh my partner's lips look like that 24/7 because she has the habit of chewing & picking at her lips. I don't think it's a very common habit, particularly in adults so I would be willing to give AH the benefit of the doubt and say it could have been an injury that wasn't self-sustained. That all fades away when you watch her sit on the stand, chewing her bottom right lip for hours on end. It clearly is a habit she also has because she has done it almost literally non-stop.

Don't really understand the highlighted part. If by power and muscle you mean he made a legal case out of it then what's the problem? If her accusations are false then are you saying he should just lay down and take it and not use his power to fight back? That's seems very odd. Also odd to say he wrecked her image when you'd think that it was her that wrecked her image. He didn't force her to beat him or to shit on his bed or to lie about him.

The point he's trying to make with Rihanna is that she sustained those injuries from being punched 3 times by Chris Brown whilst he was driving. Amber looks tired and 24 hours after the alleged beating she looks literally flawless. All this despite AH claiming she was pinned to the ground and pummeled in the face more times than she could count by a man that was, she claims, wearing so many rings that he was basically wearing a knuckle-duster. The point isn't that you have to look like Rihanna to have been struck, just that if you were attacked as she described you'd probably have a face like a jigsaw.
Yeah but apart from all that it's a credible point

fergies coat

In all these recordings that she's done I don't think I've heard him lose his temper in any of them. You would think with the amount of them she's done she would of at least got one of them where he was being violent.

MichaelRed

In all these recordings that she's done I don't think I've heard him lose his temper in any of them. You would think with the amount of them she's done she would of at least got one of them where he was being violent.
Even in the one where he smashes a couple kitchen cabinet doors, he never once faces her. Even when he talks to her he doesn't face his body & anger toward her, just turns his head, all the while she's goading him and he's trying to ignore her. She tries to make it about her and not the $650m that was stolen from him. Absolute narc.

Baneofthegame

We might be getting exes giving rebuttal evidence now that Heard has introduced that, but more likely the fist pump was because it very much opens the door to potentially discussing how Heard allegedly assaulted her ex-wife
Wasn’t Heard given two years probation and also claimed the police officer arresting her was homophobic even though she was a lesbian?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
You do not understand the verdict, but you are presenting it as if you do which is problematic. You have a misunderstanding of what 'substantially true' means.

The judge did not find what was being being written to be 'substantially true' in the manner that you are presenting it, i.e he saw evidence that proved Johnny Depp was an abuser and so that's the case. That's false.

For something to be 'substantially true' in the type of case that this was, it simply needs to pass the 'balance of probability' standard. This does not prove anything in the way that you or I refer to proof. The balance of probability means that the judge believes it's more likely to have happened, than not to have happened. That's all, it's an opinion, it's not a proven fact or guilt. If the judge believes it's more likely to have happened than not to have happened, it meets the 'balance of probability' standard and it is then referred to as 'substantially true' but this does not mean what you are presenting it to mean. You may say that on the balance of probability you believe from observing weather patterns and listening to the weather report that it's more likely to be sunny tomorrow than rainy, in this case that would be referred to as 'substantially true' but you have seen 0 proof here that this is going to be the case and it does not in any way shape or form mean that it's going to be a sunny day tomorrow and you can't go around saying it's been proven that that's the case.

The rest of your post is irrelevant, we're talking about whether or not he was proven to be anything in that case - throwing unrelated whataboutisms in there don't add anything to that subject. If you want to say 'what about this should we just ignore it' then it'd be perfectly valid to say 'what about the fact that that Judge's son works for the person being sued in that case?' but overall that's not relevant to the bit about you being wrong about what that verdict found.
There's no balance of probability. Certainly there isn't when it comes to the statement released by the judge.

This highlights that the judge found in 12 counts what was being stated to be substantially true based on the evidence given.

Also, to anyone who says there's no evidence that Deppo was abusing Heard, he admitted to headbutting her in court! That's pretty tangible evidence right there, I mean he did say it was accidental, and it's pretty easy to headbutt someone accidentally right?!

Drainy

Wasn’t Heard given two years probation and also claimed the police officer arresting her was homophobic even though she was a lesbian?
I think that the charges were dropped by the DA because she was out of state and the victim was no longer cooperating. I could be wrong.

She now says it was the male partner of the lesbian cop who made the arrest and was homophobic.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
You only have to watch her actions in court to realise she’s a complete psycho. She’s playing a massive game and while Depp doesn’t appear perfect at least he’s coming over as a proper human. Heard is just displaying her terrible acting skills.

Drainy

Also, to anyone who says there's no evidence that Deppo was abusing Heard, he admitted to headbutting her in court! That's pretty tangible evidence right there, I mean he did say it was accidental, and it's pretty easy to headbutt someone accidentally right?!
Context being that he said she was punching him, he grabbed her arms in a bear hug to stop her punching him and she started flailing, kicking him and their heads clashed while she was flailing.

He later on tape adopted her language of referring to it as a headbutt while pointing out that it was forehead to forehead and couldn't have broken her nose, but maintains it was an accidental clash of heads. While it would be better to have challenged her language, that isn't a slam dunk admission of guilt.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You have it half correct but despite calling my viewpoint "moronic" let me explain to you.

Both parties were violant to each other:

1) Heard unfairly dragged Depp through the mud and came across as a saint.
2) Depp was having none of it and flipped it all on her. In his high court case he went as far as denying his drug problems as well. Internet starts to think Amber Heard was the only abuser.
3) Now the truth is coming out in court cases. They both were abusive and toxic. The boring question is who was worse.
You sound like you were their maid or something. It really depends on what one considers to be truth or evidence. If we believe everything the two of them say then that seems to be a weak basis to say the least.

@shamans I knew you liked Amber Heard but sheesh...
:lol: A few are their crush a bit too far

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Context being that he said she was punching him, he grabbed her arms in a bear hug to stop her punching him and she started flailing, kicking him and their heads clashed while she was flailing.

He later on tape adopted her language of referring to it as a headbutt while pointing out that it was forehead to forehead and couldn't have broken her nose, but maintains it was an accidental clash of heads. While it would be better to have challenged her language, that isn't a slam dunk admission of guilt.
He admitted to headbutting her on a recording, he used the phrase headbutt in this recording.

I suggest reading his statement again, there's no mention of flailing, there's mention of movement but it's pretty damning if you look at it subjectively.

Acquire Me

I watched a catch up last night. She’s guilty. Also a car crash of a trial. It’s almost like it’s entertainment.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Just to say that I was punched by my previous husband on more than one occasion, and it's quite possible to not have a huge bruise. I used to get small, deep bruises that were painful for a long time.

I have no idea about Heard and Depp, but your dissection of "when is a punch not a punch" is rather ignorant.
So sorry that you had to go through something like that, I'm assuming Oates is a much better man than your ex! <3

Baneofthegame

I think that the charges were dropped by the DA because she was out of state and the victim was no longer cooperating. I could be wrong.

She now says it was the male partner of the lesbian cop who made the arrest and was homophobic.
Thank you for clarifying that, much appreciated.

Drainy

He admitted to headbutting her on a recording, he used the phrase headbutt in this recording.

I suggest reading his statement again, there's no mention of flailing, there's mention of movement but it's pretty damning if you look at it subjectively.
No it really isn't. It can be damaging subjectively if you don't accept his explanation.

I remember it clearly and thought it is a weak part of his case, but not terminal unless Heard has more supporting evidence of injury from a full on headbutt.

She claims he broke her nose so you would expect there to be medical evidence of that.

Baneofthegame

No it really isn't. It can be damaging subjectively if you don't accept his explanation.

I remember it clearly and thought it is a weak part of his case, but not terminal unless Heard has more supporting evidence of injury from a full on headbutt.

She claims he broke her nose so you would expect there to be medical evidence of that.
This is also what I don’t understand, for someone who recorded someone many times, took photos etc.

There isn’t a lot of evidence to support her version of events.

lsd

The Oracle
I saw a clip of Depp's lawyers literally celebrating and fist pumping when Amber mentioned Kate Moss during her testimony.

I take it that means they can now bring Kate into proceedings and they know it will be good for them to do so

This is also what I don’t understand, for someone who recorded someone many times, took photos etc.

There isn’t a lot of evidence to support her version of events.
It’s the most damning part of her case, she constantly took photos & recordings, yet has next to zero evidence to support any of her big claims.
In fact, her recordings etc tend to support her being abusive and him trying to escape those situations.
To make things worse, the shreds of “evidence” she does have, she won’t share meta data from them.
Odd.

Drainy

I saw a clip of Depp's lawyers literally celebrating and fist pumping when Amber mentioned Kate Moss during her testimony.

I take it that means they can now bring Kate into proceedings and they know it will be good for them to do so
Potentially, but more likely because they can hopefully now bring in previous allegations against Heard

lsd

The Oracle
Potentially, but more likely because they can hopefully now bring in previous allegations against Heard
It does make you think surely she should have been prepared better by her lawyers to not bring up some thing that the other side are willing her to say.

tomaldinho1

How does her mentioning Kate moss open that line up?
I believe they can now use Moss as a witness. She’s gone on record already saying Depp was never violent towards her.

Does anyone know why they aren’t using the recording just after the finger incident where the doc says ‘she did it’ twice and you also hear Heard saying she didn’t mean to do it and didn’t mean to hurt him? Can only assume the doc isn’t going to breach confidentiality for patients or something like that but would surely destroy Heard’s defence as she’s lying.

tomaldinho1

Yes I get that ref moss... it was people saying it opened up the allegations she abused her ex wife i don't see
Yh not sure about that, don’t see how it would unless there’s something specific we’ve missed.

Denis79

I believe they can now use Moss as a witness. She’s gone on record already saying Depp was never violent towards her.

Does anyone know why they aren’t using the recording just after the finger incident where the doc says ‘she did it’ twice and you also hear Heard saying she didn’t mean to do it and didn’t mean to hurt him? Can only assume the doc isn’t going to breach confidentiality for patients or something like that but would surely destroy Heard’s defence as she’s lying.
Oh there is a recording of her admitting that incident? :lol:. Proper psycho that woman.

I actually thought it sounded a little far fetched when Depp testified how it all went down.

MichaelRed

More likely KM on rebuttal. If the judge was going to let them bring AH previous domestic violence arrest into this case then she would have when they tried with the psychologist claiming AH had no history of DV.

Sviken

Just watched this video recommended to me on youtube:

It's pretty interesting her immediate reaction. Not the innocent little girl she likes to portray herself as. If she's willing to flip a middle finger so easily to a supposed cop, then... I don't know - it's a little difficult to believe that introverted Johnny would scare her so much.

MichaelRed

It does make you think surely she should have been prepared better by her lawyers to not bring up some thing that the other side are willing her to say.
She just went up on stand to put on a performance. It was clear she was telling different stories to what she'd told her lawyers & tbf to Elaine, she handled it masterfully. There's multiple times where Elaine is surprised by AH's answer & she moves the subject quickly. She probably was told to stay away from certain things that would damage her case but she's too much of a narcissist to be coached and you could see the delight from JD's team as she lied through her teeth. Going to be a bloodbath on cross.

MichaelRed

Oh there is a recording of her admitting that incident? :lol:. Proper psycho that woman.

I actually thought it sounded a little far fetched when Depp testified how it all went down.
Yep. She has also now lied on stand about the damage to the house. Elaine asked "what if any of this damage was caused by you?" and she said "none of it, absolutely none of it." The audio tape also shows her admitting to causing the broken glass to be absolutely fecking everywhere. Unfortunately there's an agreement only to use audio tapes that only include JD & AH's voices, not a 3rd party & so now she's running with "he chopped off his own finger and single handedly destroyed the house". Vile creature.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Just watched this video recommended to me on youtube:

It's pretty interesting her immediate reaction. Not the innocent little girl she likes to portray herself as. If she's willing to flip a middle finger so easily to a supposed cop, then... I don't know - it's a little difficult to believe that introverted Johnny would scare her so much.
fecking hell! Lock her up already!!