Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

fallengt

Damn, last two witnesses were waste of time.
Dunno why Amber' team brought them up. Did more harm than good to them.

MichaelRed

Damn, last two witnesses were waste of time.
Dunno why Amber' team brought them up. Did more harm than good to them.
Yup. Amber's counter-claim should get thrown out now. She had to prove Depp defamed her & they couldn't link the Waldman statements to Depp. There's now no link to Depp and those statements so Heard's counter-claim shouldn't even be put before the jury now.

Mercurial

He was never going to be fired for being late ffs

He delayed the shooting of Pirates 5 by 5 weeks with his finger injury and the film still made Disney a profit of like $600-800m
Finger injury would fit in well with a pirate movie :rolleyes:

Jerch

Why do you think Depp does so many drugs? Is he sad? :(
In my opinion more then half the population took illegal drugs in their live, nevermind legal ones.
Ofcourse rich celebrity would take drugs.
Also if he is taking mdma and similar things, those very rarely trigger aggression unlike legal drug like alcohol. I really don't know why, if it even is, him taking drugs is important.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
In my opinion more then half the population took illegal drugs in their live, nevermind legal ones.
Ofcourse rich celebrity would take drugs.
Also if he is taking mdma and similar things, those very rarely trigger aggression unlike legal drug like alcohol. I really don't know why, if it even is, him taking drugs is important.
AH's team likely want to attribute the reason for Depp's work getting reduced to his drug abuse rather than anything that AH did.

Sviken

AH's team likely want to attribute the reason for Depp's work getting reduced to his drug abuse rather than anything that AH did.
I remember when he was picked for Fantastic Beasts as Grindelwald there was a midst of calls to boycott the movie and fire Johnny Depp because he was a wife beater and what not. It had nothing to do with his drug abuse or whatever (like anyone hasn't known that Johnny is a drug addict and an alcohol feck up for decades prior to him even meeting Heard)

MichaelRed

Did you actually think that testimony was successful in proving that Heard has been damaged by the comments she is suing over?
Not going to un-ignore him to read his comment but does he think that expert was good for Amber? He has to be one of her legal/PR team.

MichaelRed

Yes, I'm sure the jury loved all that technobabble.
They showed correlation but not causation. They also showed the jury that after evidence of Amber's abuse was leaked that #justiceforjohnny & #amberheardisanabuser skyrocketed. Seriously, they can't stop shooting themselves in their feet.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Did you actually think that testimony was successful in proving that Heard has been damaged by the comments she is suing over?
Pretty strong towards evidence of a twitter smear campaign. There was plenty of evidence before but it's brought to court now. Though I have no doubt this guy will be labelled as being on payroll or "a feeloader" or something

Drainy

They showed correlation but not causation. They also showed the jury that after evidence of Amber's abuse was leaked that #justiceforjohnny & #amberheardisanabuser skyrocketed. Seriously, they can't stop shooting themselves in their feet.
Not only that but out of the hashtags used they had to get rid of JusticeforJohnnyDepp in order to make their graph useful, leaving only a disproportionately small number for reference to the lawyer suggesting it was niche

Drainy

Pretty strong towards evidence of a twitter smear campaign. There was plenty of evidence before but it's brought to court now. Though I have no doubt this guy will be labelled as being on payroll or "a feeloader" or something
No, not a freeloader but as useless an expert as the Q score guy

shamans

Not only that but out of the hashtags used they had to get rid of JusticeforJohnnyDepp in order to make their graph useful, leaving only a disproportionately small number for reference to the lawyer suggesting it was niche
That was nothing but desperation. Spikes in the justiceforJohnny made it difficult to visualize the rest of the chart which was in no way a small number. Seriously some of you are absolutely blinded at any evidence that goes against you. And for what? A coked up hollywood start :lol:

fallengt

Well you're right its possible the jury did not understand that given the lawyer cross questioning him was absolutely clueless on what he did. He thought this guy just accumulated hashtags
The lawyer asked a very valid and very important question "Why is #JusticeForJohnnyDepp hashtag negative to Amber Heard?"
The guy mightbe a math genius but he didn't answer the only question that mattered to jurors.
If they can't form a link between Depp - Waldman and the negative campaign against Amber, it's just a 30 minutes of technobabble.

For twitter folks, it's is going to be a different story but this is not a win for Amber.

Last edited:

MichaelRed

You do realise that his work in this case is as limited as the Google expert for Depp?

Good luck proving that the things she is actually suing for caused any damage based on his work
They could have just skipped him altogether. Unlikely Amber's counter-claim even gets deliberated on given that she failed to tie the statements to Depp. She's not suing Adam Waldman.

Drainy

They could have just skipped him altogether. Unlikely Amber's counter-claim even gets deliberated on given that she failed to tie the statements to Depp. She's not suing Adam Waldman.
You are right that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Disney 'exec' now. The designated candidate to not know what is going on and forget anything they might have known :lol:

shamans

The lawyer asked a very valid and very important question "Why is #JusticeForJohnnyDepp hashtag negative to Amber Heard?"
The guy mightbe a math genius but he didn't answer the only question that mattered to jurors.
If they can't form a link between Depp - Waldman and the negative campaign against Amber, it's just a 30 minutes of technobabble.

For twitter folks, it's is going to be a different story but this is not a win for Amber.
That is a completely irrelevant question. The hashtag could have been "#IamCheese" the point is all the contents were negative as well. Even ignoring that, it is a smear campaign because it is implying he has been denied justice in the UK court of law. But again, that's not even what is relevant and that's why the lawyer was absolutely clueless as to what he even did here.

You know the lawyer was clinching at straws when he said a few thousand random samples is all you looked at.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Can you link to a clip of this guy's testimony?
I have not been following this trial except for a few 10-minute clips a co-worker linked but I am curious about what counts as evidence in a courtroom of a twitter smear campaign.

LARulz

The headlines/comments make it sound like a bad day for Depp? Is that the case or over the top for clicks?

fallengt

That is a completely irrelevant question. The hashtag could have been "#IamCheese" the point is all the contents were negative as well. Even ignoring that, it is a smear campaign because it is implying he has been denied justice in the UK court of law. But again, that's not even what is relevant and that's why the lawyer was absolutely clueless as to what he even did here.

You know the lawyer was clinching at straws when he said a few thousand random samples is all you looked at.
are you a lawyer?
I'm watching stream with commentary, they all said it a very good question.
Amber team tried to paint a picture that Waldman was the man behind campaign against her but her lawyer couldn't bait Waldman to say he did it on Depp's behalf. That alone made him irrelevant to the case.
The expert also couldn't explain why Depp's hashtag and Amber's hashtag were in correlation with each other.
JD's team can just deny and say that incels did it, what's Amber going to do? You think Jurors will go with her story because a math guy drew a graph?

LARulz

What? This has been a car crash for Heard. They might as well be Depp's witnesses.
No idea as I've not seen any of it today, or even read anything but notification/headlines like "Depp used to be jealous" or "Depp shouted...." etc

I get it's whatever is clickbaity but wanted to see what was really said in context