Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Can you link to a clip of this guy's testimony?
I have not been following this trial except for a few 10-minute clips a co-worker linked but I am curious about what counts as evidence in a courtroom of a twitter smear campaign.
If you want more context read up on the lawyer Waldman.

https://medium.com/@aquaman-bots/ho...nti-amber-heard-aquaman-campaign-e68e16637d3a

Waldman's testimony is on record as well but pretty useless as he denies anything except that his twitter account was banned for life and he doesn't know why.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The headlines/comments make it sound like a bad day for Depp? Is that the case or over the top for clicks?
It depends on how you look at it.

Those who had read about this case and the UK trial knew about most of this except for the bot stuff which is just now being pushed forward in court. To them it might be a surprise, since many people legit thought Johnny Depp is a gentle southern gentleman and what not. Other than that, it won't change many people's minds but most of the witnesses today are not close friends to heard.

Again, all depends how you look at the evidence if you reject it or deny it but there's more than just my word vs theirs today.

fallengt

The headlines/comments make it sound like a bad day for Depp? Is that the case or over the top for clicks?
Yesterday was a good day for Amber. Witnesses were close to them (aka freeloaders)

Today? jurors probably felt asleep after 2 hours.
Most AH's witnesses testified irrelevant stuff or things we already known "Depp is drunkard" "no i didn't see anyone abuse anyone", "Amber said" etc...
Interesting bit came from social media forensic expert guy and ex-Depp's lawyer. Amber's team tried to pain a picture here but ultimately I don't think anyone, including Amber's team themselves understood what they said.

Just a waste of everyone's time.

Drainy

Depp's team have a whole 10 hours more time to work with than Heard's. Think Heard has around 8 hours left?

If Heard doesn't conclude her case in chief soon Depp's going to be high stepping into the end zone uncontested without effective crosses on his rebuttal evidence.

Sviken

Yesterday was a good day for Amber. Witnesses were close to them (aka freeloaders)

Today? jurors probably felt asleep after 2 hours.
Most AH's witnesses testified irrelevant stuff or things we already known "Depp is drunkard" "no i didn't see anyone abuse anyone", "Amber said" etc...
Interesting bit came from social media forensic expert guy and ex-Depp's lawyer. Amber's team tried to pain a picture here but ultimately I don't think anyone, including Amber's team themselves understood what they said.

Just a waste of everyone's time.
I think the "Justice for Johnny Depp" thing that was slipped by Johnny's lawyer is very damning towards Heard's case. Because if the jurors by some miracle didn't know what the general disposition in the case was, now they certainly know how the public views here and that's very bad for Heard.

hobbers

I think the "Justice for Johnny Depp" thing that was slipped by Johnny's lawyer is very damning towards Heard's case. Because if the jurors by some miracle didn't know what the general disposition in the case was, now they certainly know how the public views here and that's very bad for Heard.
Yeah that's probably the biggest thing to come out of today.

Any juror with a negative disposition towards Heard or her lawyers or her hangers-on witnesses will now be reinforced in their view by the court of public opinion.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Having watched yesterday's recap now, I am inclined to say it was a good day for Amber Heard. Josh Drew was very convincing, and Whitney is the first person to say that she actually witnessed Depp physically hit Amber. Sure, there are inconsistencies in their narratives as compared to Amber's, but unless the jury unanimously decide that all of them are lying on most counts (even if they're unsure), that should be enough to throw the defamation case out, since there indeed seems to be an instance where he physically hit her in the presence of a witness.

I personally believe AH was more of the abuser than JD (if he was at all), and her credibility has taken a hit thanks to the charity donation semantics in particular. But in terms of the case itself, I don't think Depp can win from here.

Drainy

Having watched yesterday's recap now, I am inclined to say it was a good day for Amber Heard. Josh Drew was very convincing, and Whitney is the first person to say that she actually witnessed Depp physically hit Amber. Sure, there are inconsistencies in their narratives as compared to Amber's, but unless the jury unanimously decide that all of them are lying on most counts (even if they're unsure), that should be enough to throw the defamation case out, since there indeed seems to be an instance where he physically hit her in the presence of a witness.

I personally believe AH was more of the abuser than JD (if he was at all), and her credibility has taken a hit thanks to the charity donation semantics in particular. But in terms of the case itself, I don't think Depp can win from here.
You do realise that it's preponderance of the evidence standard? With the exception of reasonable certainty regarding actual malice, it's more likely than not. 50%+1. All Heard's witnesses are contradicted by other witnesses and each other and are her friends from the time or family

it's more to do with technical aspects of whether the lawyering at the time managed to create a veil of truth by referring to the true facts of being a public figure for abuse while hiding the underlying manipulation that give me doubts about Depp's chances.

Although republishing the headline created a problem for her too, so that's a problem.

Given how likely it is that she's lying I could also see a hanging jury saying feck her for lying to us.

I’m not so sure any longer, expected all along that Depp had zero chance of winning; but the amount of evidence against the defence is incredible.
Every single person the defence has called contradicts something else from the defence. Both Whitney and Heard have been proven to be outright liers.
Heard has been proven to be abusive.

The credibility of Heard’s case is absolutely in the gutter.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Watching a few highlights from the last day, and that twitter hash tag guy looked like an absolute mug on the cross. I basically just came out of that part assuming his data/conclusion was rubbish, and he ignored anything else that likely could have influenced it.

MichaelRed

You do realise that it's preponderance of the evidence standard? With the exception of reasonable certainty regarding actual malice, it's more likely than not. 50%+1. All Heard's witnesses are contradicted by other witnesses and each other and are her friends from the time or family

it's more to do with technical aspects of whether the lawyering at the time managed to create a veil of truth by referring to the true facts of being a public figure for abuse while hiding the underlying manipulation that give me doubts about Depp's chances.

Although republishing the headline created a problem for her too, so that's a problem.

Given how likely it is that she's lying I could also see a hanging jury saying feck her for lying to us.
Don't think they can vote to hang her mate.

Drainy

Watching a few highlights from the last day, and that twitter hash tag guy looked like an absolute mug on the cross. I basically just came out of that part assuming his data/conclusion was rubbish, and he ignored anything else that likely could have influenced it.
But he's a maths and computering genius! Accept everything he has to say about anything, dammit!

Denis79

It would be interesting to know the exact amount of lies that Heard has been caught telling in this trial. Also how many of them were under oath? Like the one claiming the picture wasn't edited but taken with the lights on off. And I don't mean lies that are caught by digging the internet but in actual court.

1. Pictures not being edited.
2. Donations.

Moby

Dick
It would be interesting to know the exact amount of lies that Heard has been caught telling in this trial. Also how many of them were under oath? Like the one claiming the picture wasn't edited but taken with the lights on off. And I don't mean lies that are caught by digging the internet but in actual court.
The one regarding donation is up there.

MichaelRed

1. Pictures not being edited.
2. Donations.
1. Photo shopped pictures.
2. That she donated the money to charity.
3. That she didn't say on TV that she donated the money to charity.
4. Evidence picture of house damage, she used the picture twice for 2 events 6 months apart & claimed it was evidence from the event. At worst she lied about both, at best she lied about one because it can't have been from both events.
5. Lied about being against cocaine.
6. Lied about the first time she hit JD, she told us first time she hit him was the staircase incident but she had also said she hit him months earlier.
7. Lied about the event with police as shown by the bodycam footage.
8. Lied about JD threatening to break her friends wrist, all other witnesses such as Rocky etc have no memory of JD grabbing her & saying "do you know how many pounds of pressure it takes to break a human wrist?".
9. Lied about the contact she had with her friend at the campfire, Rocky said Amber was sharing a chair & cuddling the friend, Amber said they were sat next to each other & her friend just leaned a little bit on her arm.
10. Lied about not hitting Depp with the door & punching him, even though she was played the audio of her admitting it 15 seconds prior.
11. Lied about Dr Kipper not being her doctor.
12. Lied about leaking kitchen video to TMZ.
13. Lied about leaking divorce to TMZ.
14. Lied about not writing on the bathroom mirror with lipstick.
15. Lied about bed breaking incident.

Edit:
16. Lied about the dog pooping the bed, the dog wasn't able to reach the bed & the poop was the same size as the dog.
17. Lied about the dog having a chronic bowel illness from eating JD's weed. Dogs eat weed literally all the time & there's no such thing as chronic illness from it.
18. Lied about Franco being her neighbour. JD owned all the penthouses on that floor & I'm sure he'd know if Franco lived in his house.

They're the lies I can remember off the top of my head where it has been in her testimony. Obviously lots more if you go outside of that.

Last edited:

Denis79

4. Evidence picture of house damage, she used the picture twice for 2 events 6 months apart & claimed it was evidence from the event. At worst she lied about both, at best she lied about one because it can't have been from both events.
6. Lied about the first time she hit JD, she told us first time she hit him was the staircase incident but she had also said she hit him months earlier.
8. Lied about JD threatening to break her friends wrist, all other witnesses such as Rocky etc have no memory of JD grabbing her & saying "do you know how many pounds of pressure it takes to break a human wrist?".
9. Lied about the contact she had with her friend at the campfire, Rocky said Amber was sharing a chair & cuddling the friend, Amber said they were sat next to each other & her friend just leaned a little bit on her arm.
10. Lied about not hitting Depp with the door & punching him, even though she was played the audio of her admitting it 15 seconds prior.

They're the lies I can remember off the top of my head where it has been in her testimony. Obviously lots more if you go outside of that.
Thanks.

Mercurial

Wow, thanks for the recap.

Denis79

I guess most on here have watched her deposition in the UK? Is it just me or is her expressions completely different there compared to this trial?

lsd

The Oracle
For people who haven't picked a side yet I just saw that Rachel Reilly is backing Amber.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Lied about shitting the bed?

choccy77

Edit:
16. Lied about the dog pooping the bed, the dog wasn't able to reach the bed & the poop was the same size as the dog.
17. Lied about the dog having a chronic bowel illness from eating JD's weed. Dogs eat weed literally all the time & there's no such thing as chronic illness from it.

You forgot James Franco

MichaelRed

Whilst there's no guarantee the judge will or won't strike the counter-claim, this definitely has not happened yet. Amber's team hasn't rested their case yet & so JD's team won't have been able to put forward a motion to strike the counter-claim. So whilst this tweet could come true, as of right now this is just made up.

Classical Mechanic

She's an Oxford maths graduate who became famous for being the numbers expert on a numbers and words TV show called Countdown. She's also a diehard United fan and does some work with the club, like hosting the annual awards.

She's not a Tory. She was Labour voter but is of Jewish heritage and left the party as a result of the antisemitism controversy during Jeremy Corbyn's period as leader. A lot of Corbyn's political allies see her as a protagonist in undermining his leadership as she was an outspoken critic of him, a firm believer that he was antisemitic and that his political faction were a danger to British Jews. Obviously that is a contentious issue for the British socialist left.

She voted Lib Dem in that last election not for the Tories. The Lib Dems would be best understood as standing politically for the same principles as the EU. They are pro-Europe obviously, more socially progressive but neoliberal capitalists. Think of Emmanuel Macron as a European politician of similar persuasion.

Last edited:

Denis79

Wasn't it about not being with him the night before she filed for divorce & they brought out the CCTV footage showing them together
Ah, she said that she wasn't with him? Missed that part of the trial. I have seen clips of the video with Franco in the elevator but disn't understand the context or why it was important.

Denis79

She's an Oxford maths graduate who became famous for being the numbers expert on a numbers and words TV show called Countdown. She's also a diehard United fan and does some work with the club, like hosting the annual awards.

She's not a Tory. She was Labour voter but is of Jewish heritage and left the party as a result of the antisemitism controversy during Jeremy Corbyn's period as leader. A lot of Corbyn's political allies see her as a protagonist in undermining his leadership as she was an outspoken critic of him, a firm believer that he was antisemitic and that his political faction were a danger to British Jews. Obviously that is a contentious issue for the British socialist left.

She voted Lib Dem in that last election not for the Tories. The Lib Dems would be best understood as standing politically for the same principles as the EU. They are pro-Europe obviously, more socially progressive but neoliberal capitalists. Think of Emmanuel Macron as a European politician of similar persuasion.
Thanks for the more in-depth info. I am familiar with her and the show Cats does Countdown but didn't know about the political stuff.

MichaelRed

Ah, she said that she wasn't with him? Missed that part of the trial. I have seen clips of the video with Franco in the elevator but disn't understand the context or why it was important.
She told so many lies about the Franco clip. She said he was their neighbour but actually that entire top floor was owned by Johnny & he would have known if Franco lived in his home. Lots of people from the ECB have said that Franco never lived there. She said in the past that it was a coincidence they got in the lift at the same time, that's also a lie as the reason she goes down in the lift & then gets back into it with him to go back up is because you can't 'buzz in' people there. You can only get in with a keycard & so she had to go down to deliberately let Franco in. Elaine asked about her interaction with Franco in the lift, obviously trying to give Amber a chance to explain away the cuddle, but Amber replies by saying Franco was shocked to see her bruised face, touched her face & asked her what happened. This is a lie too because we literally saw the fecking video & he never once faces her or touches her face. She's just a serial adulterer that seems to think everyone is blind.