Television American Horror Story

Erics_Collar

Anybody watching this?

Possibly the best new series on television. So gripping, it moves at a real fast pace and is incredibly creepy as hell. Strongly recommended.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Hadn't heard of it but I'll give it a go since I've never seen the horror genre churn out a good TV show.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Caught it accidentally the other night after a baseball playoff game and it definitely kept my attention. Might have to check out the series. I thought it was going to be a different story each show not a series type that continues each episode.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Twilight Zone? Masters of Horror?
I haven't actually seen either of those but they are more self contained stories aren't they?? I was thinking something along the lines of a conventional series.

Walking Dead is pretty great, but more drama based than 'so scary you need the lights on'.

cinc

I haven't actually seen either of those but they are more self contained stories aren't they?? I was thinking something along the lines of a conventional series.

Walking Dead is pretty great, but more drama based than 'so scary you need the lights on'.
They are anthologies, yes - I dont know of any good ones in a serialized form.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Been watching but keeping up with the US rather than FX over here. The whole thing is one big mind feck.

The maid (younger version) would get it up to the lungs

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I loved season 1 to bits, and am so excited about this "Asylum" season. The cast looks amazing (brilliant that Jessica Lange gets the lead, like Joseph Fiennes, Zachary Quinto, Chloé Sevigny who looks filthy in it, etc.), and the setting seems good. Haven't yet seen the first episode, will do this weekend!

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Why cant they fecking finish it in 1 season, u dont expect a horror movie in a house to drag for five season, just move house ffs
Serious?

They're standalone seasons, season 2 will have nothing to do with season 1. The plot of season 1 was resolved by the last episode, and this is something completely new, set in a different location and, I think, in a different era. Some of the cast is the same, but they won't be playing the same parts at all.

Sw33t

Just started watching this yesterday from Season 2 (haven't seen Season 1 yet as I was told you can jump in starting from Season 2 as it's a different story line) and I have to say it's fecking brilliant!

Proper gripping stuff and some brilliant characters. Another series I'm hooked too now.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Season 2 is proper fecked up! Im loving it so far.

Sw33t

Just about to watch episode 4 and 5. Excited already!

Ekeke

Yeah I'm enjoying the 2nd season too. I mean its not actually scary, but stuff happens, its dark and interesting. Always lots going on just like the previous season.

Sw33t

Definitely worth persevering with! The first episode is a bit weird as you say, but come the 2nd and 3rd episode you really start to get in to it and the whole story that's being told, and it's truly gripping I think.

Not been this hooked on a show since the Walking Dead. My favourite two shows at the minute by a distance!

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I'd definitely recommend it Erica, it's indeed very unusual, but if you have a bit of a penchant for the genre, you'll enjoy it. They manage to mix loads of different styles throughout the season, and the acting is very good. Stick with it!

EricaNo7

I'd definitely recommend it Erica, it's indeed very unusual, but if you have a bit of a penchant for the genre, you'll enjoy it. They manage to mix loads of different styles throughout the season, and the acting is very good. Stick with it!
Nearly at the end of episode 3 and I'm trying to figure out all the characters and their significance. Or am I reading too much into it?

EricaNo7

Definitely worth persevering with! The first episode is a bit weird as you say, but come the 2nd and 3rd episode you really start to get in to it and the whole story that's being told, and it's truly gripping I think.

Not been this hooked on a show since the Walking Dead. My favourite two shows at the minute by a distance!
You're absolutely right!

Lastwolf

The girlfriend has been watching this, I was listening to some of the dialogue without watching it.

I pissed myself laughing at points, "Show me, your mossy bank".

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Nearly at the end of episode 3 and I'm trying to figure out all the characters and their significance. Or am I reading too much into it?
No, I don't think you're reading too much into it. The characters are intriguing, and some of them, when they first appear, you think 'well what's his/her point?'

But it'll all be clear in time. :)

So you're enjoying it so far?

Lastwolf

Who saw that coming with the psych?

The Anne Frank thing was random as feck but I enjoyed, preferring this to Boardwalk & The Walking Dead at the mo
I did, I called it in like episode 3.

It was confirmed when he had the picture of the girlfriend for me.

EricaNo7

No, I don't think you're reading too much into it. The characters are intriguing, and some of them, when they first appear, you think 'well what's his/her point?'

But it'll all be clear in time. :)

So you're enjoying it so far?
Very much. I watched too much last night, to the extent that I've just woken up now!
My dogs all have crossed legs. :-)

Sw33t

Anyone seen the latest episode, Season 2, episode 6?

feck me! How good is this getting?!?!

He's fecking crazy! Thinking she's his mum and everything and sucking on her tits?!?! Wtf. And in the modern times he's got that bird tied up like they showed at the end, still looking for his "mummy" maybe?

Also Dr. Arden or should I say... Hans! I hate him. Sister Mary, aka the devil, is working some master stroke evil plan I reckon, involving Arden.

That little girl was a very weird sub-plot thing as well. But pretty funny/freaky.

I can't wait till next week! Starting to enjoy this more than The Walking Dead, but when both shows are this good, I can't complain!