Television American Horror Story

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Very disappointed that they had Lana drop Bloody face but then again he was never going prison.

Wonder how they'll deal with Sister Jude.

Bought series 1 off ebay, can get it brand new for 13.50 with free next day shipping if anyone is interested.

Ekeke

Well the modern bloodyface hasnt done anything his father didnt. And its also the same actor who played one of the family of protagonists in the first series. So I dont think he's scary

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Didn't feel that episode at all, getting the impression the action is done so they are just rushing the ending.

Lana has turned into a certifiable asshole and Kit's wife just flipping out of the blue like that was a nonsense!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Didn't feel that episode at all, getting the impression the action is done so they are just rushing the ending.

Lana has turned into a certifiable asshole and Kit's wife just flipping out of the blue like that was a nonsense!
I agree with you man, best part of the episode were the last 3-4 minutes with Bloody Face's son

Sw33t

It was still good, though no a patch on the first 9 episodes. Rushed it towards to end to tie up all the stories before it finished, could have done with another 2-3 episodes.

Having Lana almost narrate what happened to everyone was a bit weird. And her killing her son was so blindingly obvious.

The sister Jude thing was a let down. Kits whole story line after he got himself and Grace out was a let down. Alma coming back was pointless, was also obvious that Kit was going to get taken by the aliens before he died.

The Asylum really did turn to shit though, didn't it? Got worse, and who'da thought that could happen.

One thing that did really annoy me though over the whole series is that Sister Mary Unes, while possessed, didn't cause more trouble. Was really hoping she was going to bring hell to Earth. That ended way too quickly.

All in all, brilliant start, better middle, kinda disappointing and predictable end. Over all really enjoyed it though.

pauldyson1uk

Just got round to watching the pilot EP, OMG it was strange.

That was the strangest pilot I have ever seen, must of been about 4 or 5 stories going at the same time, but I loved it just my sort of thing.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Series 3 will be called Coven and along with the usual faces will also feature Kathy Bates and Gabourey Sidibe.

Will be modern day possibly in Nawleans and will have elements of historical fact, also they said Bates will be 5 times worse than in Misery

pauldyson1uk

Just finished S2 and I found it excellent apart from the last 2 EP's, I was hugely disappointed, felt like it was rushed and they ran out of steam, I wanted to know about the aliens, was there even any ? and what about that spider like thing that the Nazi doctor found, where did that come from? and the way Kits wife just flips was daft.
Sister Mary Unes, she was the devil and really did not do much and to be killed of so easily, could of done more with her.
Cant wait for season 3.

Jessica Lang's acting in both series was excellent but season 2 was just stunning, did anybody else get pissed off with Lana?

Kinky Melinky

Finished Season 1 - of all the episodes , I thought the last was the weakest. Apart from the last scene, that is
I started to watch this due to this thread. I have to say I'm enjoying it. Some of it is obviously a bit cheesy, and the whole shadow moving quickly behind a character is done to death, but then some of it is quite funny.

Just finished the Piggy Piggy episode where fat dude got shot in the head by the burglars; which was pretty hilarious given the fear he had. Talk about bad timing.

Will keep at it and avoid reading too far into this thread. Obviously it's nothing like it, but parts of it remind me of Twin Peaks. Perhaps just the totally random feel of it.

Kinky Melinky

Right up to speed on this now. I felt that while season 2 was better than season 1, they dragged it on a bit long which got rather silly, but still enjoyed it.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/03/american-horror-story-coven-character-reveals-and-plot-hints

Warning: Some potential American Horror Story: Coven spoilers follow...
Creator Ryan Murphy is keeping the details of the third chapter of American Horror Story, AHS: Coven, pretty close to the vest, as expected. We've known for some time that Season 3 would center on witches and feature a location where, as he said, "real horror had taken place." It was then revealed that at least three of the characters would be based on actual women who had become legendary either in, or following, their time. Bates and Lange were set to portray mortal enemies who had once been best friends. Oh, and we knew that production would take place in New Orleans.
Executive producer Tim Minear was joined by cast members Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett at today's TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour, where they teased a few more details about what we can expect from AHS: Coven.
The panel jumped off with a genuine moment of hilarity when the actors were asked to say, whatever they were allowed to, about their characters. Paulson and Minear talked over one another as they tried to sort out what they could, and could not, say. "Wait, can we say the thing? Oh we can!?! That cat's out of the bag...Okay."
Basically, we now know that Paulson will play Lange's daughter. "Isn't that a nugget," Paulson exclaimed. "Chew on that for awhile!". We will. The character names were also unveiled; two pf which were quite notable. Kathy Bates plays Madame LaLaurie (as rumored) and Angela Bassett Marie Laveau.
For those who are unfamiliar, LaLaurie is an infamous figure in New Orleans lore. A Louisiana-born socialite, she was said to be a serial killer who tortured, and though it was not proven, many say murdered, her slaves. Bassett's Laveau was a renowned Louisiana Creole practitioner of Voodoo in New Orleans. The plot is indeed thickening.
Murphy had said that Bates' character was, "meaner than anything she's ever played before" and "ten times worse" than Annie Wilkes from Misery. We believe it now. There are very few female serial killers, and LaLaurie, if lore and legend is to be believed, was one of the worst. As Bates says, "It's gonna knock your socks off."
For her part, Bassett said there were a few, "Voodoo... how do you say it... Voodians? Who have offered to show me a few things." The actress felt a little shy to go receive that particular lesson on her own. She and Lange may make a field trip of it, though.
Lange and Paulson's character names were a bit more generic. Lange is set to play Fiona and Paulson, her daughter, Cordelia. Both Paulson and Minear did confirm that there may be some hidden meaning in Cordelia's name, though, as in a reference to the parental relationship in Shakespeare's King Lear. In the play, Cordelia is Lear's most beloved daughter, and she near-worships her father. But when she refuses to cater to his ego and "prove" her devotion, he banishes her; which sets him on a course to an ultimately tragic end.
"I think everybody knows the subtitle is Coven, so some of us play witches, some play historical characters," said Lange of her character. "I do play a witch." Hallelujah, it would be a vast disappointment for fans if Lange was somehow not a witch on the witch-centric season of American Horror Story.
There have also been rumors that some kind of fountain of youth, or ageless spell, is a part of the storyline. "We move back and forth in time, so it encompasses a lot of different stories," Lange said.

It's unclear if they will be playing the same characters, or reincarnations, or if the show will continue to interweave various people's stories at various points in history. However, my guess is the first, that at least a few of the characters are ageless, timeless, magical beings.
"All of these women are playing very iconic, very strong female characters," said Minear. "Not all of them are witches, some of them are witches, but they're all powerful."
It was also confirmed that two kinds, possibly even two factions, of witches will be featured in the story."We're taking the idea of the Salem witches fleeing to the South at some point. There's these two different kinds of witches in our world," Minear said.
Could this be a classic, "are you a good witch or a bad witch tale?" Or is it Voodoo versus/combined with colonial/European Witchcraft? Or is it possible that only some are truly magical, while others (Bates perhaps?) are not, and are, as such, driven to malevolent acts in an attempt to capture some of what comes so naturally to others? Just speculating here, Bates could just be an evil, evil witch. Or simply an evil human. It does sound as though there will be some kind of war in play, though. And it feels like it will be witch against witch, in a battle that may have begun with those trying to suppress all magical beings.
"I think some of the bigger themes this year are oppression of minorities of all kinds. Within that idea, the idea of minority groups sort of going after each other and doing the work of the larger culture for the larger culture," Minear said of the larger thematic scope of the story. "While there is a very strong feminist theme that runs throughout Coven this year, there's also themes of race and themes of oppression. There's also a very strong theme of family and specifically mothers and daughters."
Though they will be tackling relevant issues, as they always do, Minear stresses that this season will also be overflowing with humor. Though, I for one, have found that each season was peppered with a healthy dose of levity. "The fun quotient is high this year," says Minear. "This year is a drama, but there is a lot of humor and there is a kind of -- we are embracing a kind of velocity and fun with the series this year, so it's not the same as it was the last two years, but I think it might be a bit more welcoming to the audience."
AHS: Coven is currently in production in New Orleans with only a few days of shooting under their belt. Speaking for myself, the Season 3 debut simply cannot get in my eyeballs fast enough.
As to the remainder of the cast, it was revealed yesterday that Alexandra Breckenridge, who played young Moira opposite Frances Conroy in Season 1, is set to return. She joins returning and new "American Horror Story Players" (a term coined by our own Eric Goldman, I believe) Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Taissa Farmiga, Frances Conroy, Lily Rabe, Denis O'Hare, Emma Roberts, Angela Bassett, Patti LuPone and Gabourey Sidibe.
No word on Zachary Quinto yet, but he was spotted at the FX party, and we have hopes...

gza the genius

I didn't like it as much as I liked the first episode of the first two seasons, I'm obviously going to keep watching it though.

I'm glad they made a Hogwarts reference because that was my (and I'm sure many other peoples) first thought after hearing about the school.

Seveneric

That was a solid season premiere for me and I think this season is going to be my favourite already. Kathy Bates character, the headmistress of the school(the Supreme's daughter) along with Angela Bassett's character have kinda caught my interest so far

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
So watched the first episode last night and have to admit to being incredibly underwhelmed to the point of thinking it's shit. Does it get better and if so when?

LARulz

So watched the first episode last night and have to admit to being incredibly underwhelmed to the point of thinking it's shit. Does it get better and if so when?
I just started watching this week. Watched the first ep on Tuesday then couldn't be bothered as I didn't find it great. But watched a few episodes yesterday and it improved for me. Its not incredible by any means and was told just to watch season 2 as its better, but always better to start from season 1 even if it is different stories. The young maid though :drool:, she was one of the big + points for me to keep watching so far. There are a lot of stupid moments but I started to accept that considering the premiss of this show so I just accepted it and watched it for what it is.

Question though for later on in the season

When they die, the ghosts (obviously I guess) don't seem to age, so why has the maid? She was hot when she got shot and died, so why did she age?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Really like this show, The new season started so well but then turned into teenage Harry Potter.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Really like this show, The new season started so well but then turned into teenage Harry Potter.
Yup it's a fantastic show. Not at all keen on the plot of season three, though. The whole witch thing is a little too far fetched for me, and it definitely doesn't suit American Horror Story but whatever, we'll just have to see how it plays out.