Television American Horror Story

jem

I've just watched the first episode, but I have to say I wasn't impressed at all. It was like watching the Idiot's Guide to Horror. I feel horror only works with subtlety, the quiet moments working to amplify the louder ones. If every moment is loud, as was the case with the pilot (again, I've only watched the 1st episode, so of course it could get better,) then there's nothing really scare at all. It just comes off like a Marilyn Manson video.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
I've just watched the first episode, but I have to say I wasn't impressed at all. It was like watching the Idiot's Guide to Horror. I feel horror only works with subtlety, the quiet moments working to amplify the louder ones. If every moment is loud, as was the case with the pilot (again, I've only watched the 1st episode, so of course it could get better,) then there's nothing really scare at all. It just comes off like a Marilyn Manson video.
You're talking about season 1, right? Sorry I'm a bit of a dimwit. If so, I can tell you that yes, it does get better. I would also say that even if you don't end up enjoying season one that you should still check out season two, as it's entirely different.

jem

You're talking about season 1, right? Sorry I'm a bit of a dimwit. If so, I can tell you that yes, it does get better. I would also say that even if you don't end up enjoying season one that you should still check out season two, as it's entirely different.
Yeah, I've only seen one episode, so take my comments with a massive grain of salt.

Ekeke

Well it is like that to be honest, throwing lots of stuff at you all happening at once to keep you interested. But its still pretty good even in season 1, but thats probably the cheesiest and most cliche one as well

dr.twinny

Best episode so far for me. Nice plot twists and the next episode looks like it's gonna be even better.

dr.twinny

Liking this season so far. Not as good as Asylum, but still good in it's own right.

What do you guys think of the Axe man? I thought it has a good arc. With a lot of development, I could see the creators of the series make a stand-alone series surrounding the serial killings and all that.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would (watched it all over the weekend). It had some uniquely horrific moments and some great moments of comedy but I'm not a fan of witches because there are no limits to their powers (in any show not just this) and I hate that they can bring people back to life, it really ruins the moments when there's a death as you know most likely that person will come back. The twist was also very predictable. I hoped they used the minotaur more though...

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would (watched it all over the weekend). It had some uniquely horrific moments and some great moments of comedy but I'm not a fan of witches because there are no limits to their powers (in any show not just this) and I hate that they can bring people back to life, it really ruins the moments when there's a death as you know most likely that person will come back. The twist was also very predictable. I hoped they used the minotaur more though...
I thought it had promise but completely wasted nearly all the good things they had going on. The ending seemed written literally the day they filmed it too. Shame.

Ivor Ballokov

It was absolutely awful.

There were too many characters and they were almost entirely written so thinly and inconsistently I didn't care a jot about any of them.

Killer Vagina, forgotten. Stevie Nicks, feck off. Garden shears, unnecessary. Threesome, completely unnecessary. Minotaur, weird. Double incest, poor. Trip to Disney, what?

The whole Marie Laveau thing was terrible, set up as sworn mortal enemies and then one week later she's living with them.

When Emma Roberts died they said it meant she couldn't be supreme, a few episodes later all was forgotten and she was billed as most likely, there are loads of errors in the witch rules but though.

The whole Gay/witch analogy was forced and therefore felt terribly preachy.

If at the end 1000's of women came forward as witches then why was it that one of the 5/6 girls who happened to be under the roof of the Academy had to the new supreme.

And this is just off the top of my head.

Redlambs

It was absolutely awful.

There were too many characters and they were almost entirely written so thinly and inconsistently I didn't care a jot about any of them.

Killer Vagina, forgotten. Stevie Nicks, feck off. Garden shears, unnecessary. Threesome, completely unnecessary. Minotaur, weird. Double incest, poor. Trip to Disney, what?

The whole Marie Laveau thing was terrible, set up as sworn mortal enemies and then one week later she's living with them.

When Emma Roberts died they said it meant she couldn't be supreme, a few episodes later all was forgotten and she was billed as most likely, there are loads of errors in the witch rules but though.

The whole Gay/witch analogy was forced and therefore felt terribly preachy.

If at the end 1000's of women came forward as witches then why was it that one of the 5/6 girls who happened to be under the roof of the Academy had to the new supreme.

And this is just off the top of my head.
I think the very worst thing that completely ruined it by the end, was the powers. They all started unique, which was great, and one of them was going to be the supreme (the only witch to have every power), yet magically in the last few episodes they all suddenly not only had every power, but knew how to use them. Including the idiot in charge who did nothing of the sort all series.

Not to mention how they could burn people, throw them across the room and disappear, yet put an angry man's hands around their throats and they turn into scared little girls who die. Even the supreme.

I thought the news conference bit was so laughable it had to be a dream sequence. I still can't believe how amateurish all that was, truly awful childlike writing.

As someone said, the best thing about the whole show was the intro credits.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Not to mention how they could burn people, throw them across the room and disappear, yet put an angry man's hands around their throats and they turn into scared little girls who die. Even the supreme.
I was shouting this at the screen when Madison was getting throttled at the end and when Jessica Lange character was being attacked by the axe guy.

It seems to be a trend with AHS. All three seasons start very promisingly but fade out as the episodes roll on.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Just continued watching this series the other day. No where near as good as the other two so far, and I'm not a fan of the zombies or witches and whatnot, I prefer it as more of a mystery. But still enjoying it.

Looking forward to season four.

Loublaze

ATLien
I enjoyed Coven. Looking forward to Freak show. Its the last season Jessica Lange will be involved in

Baxter

I got half way through the asylum series and stopped. Is it worth going back too?

Needed more of this

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I didn't really like Asylum that much, well I thought some of the storylines were a bit shit. I was enjoying Coven much more, though I haven't finished it yet (we're probably about half way through but never find the time to finish it).

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
American Horror Story: Freak Show has started, not watched it yet though. Shame it's not on Netflix...means I'll have to acquire it other ways.
It's on FOX here in the UK. Starts on the 21st October.

Redlambs

Not sure what I think about the first episode tbh. It was all over the place and certainly wasn't as creepy as hoped.

I found my attention drifting in places far too often too, not a good sign. Hopefully they are just trying to set everything up, but I certainly think they overloaded it.

EricaNo7

Not sure what I think about the first episode tbh. It was all over the place and certainly wasn't as creepy as hoped.

I found my attention drifting in places far too often too, not a good sign. Hopefully they are just trying to set everything up, but I certainly think they overloaded it.
Yes i didn't know what to make of it. Parts of it just went on too long .

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I thought it was excellent, and I really didn't expect to be especially impressed with the theme of this one.

Lange is once again mesmerizing. That part of her singing Life on Mars was brilliant.

That clown thing is well fecked up.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
I thought it was excellent, and I really didn't expect to be especially impressed with the theme of this one.

Lange is once again mesmerizing. That part of her singing Life on Mars was brilliant.

That clown thing is well fecked up.
Only seen like three-quarters of it so far but I'm not a fan of Lange to be honest, and haven't been in any of the seasons.

Ekeke

Sarah Paulson is easily the most annoying thing about this show in my opinion. Having to put up with her for the past 2 series has been a struggle. So what do they give me this time?

2 of her annoying face. 2! This is going to be a challenge

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Sarah Paulson is easily the most annoying thing about this show in my opinion. Having to put up with her for the past 2 series has been a struggle. So what do they give me this time?

2 of her annoying face. 2! This is going to be a challenge
Yeah, she is also very annoying actually.