Television American Horror Story

SqueakyWeasel

They are all produced by FOX and all screened (in America) on the FX channel. Sara Paulson who's been in every AHS season played Marcia Clark on American Crime Story and Cuba Gooding jnr who of course played OJ also had a role in AHS Roanoke. They are all very well produced and written shows. The Americans comes highly recommended and its a regular series with a continuing story of a married couple of Russian spies living in the US during the Reagan/Cold war era.

There's another show called American Crime produced by ABC that has a similar concept to AHS, same actors playing different characters in new stories each season
Cheers, I actually started watching The Americans shortly after writing that post – great stuff!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just finished season 4. Not sure it was a good idea to link it to season 2, especially with Lange being in both as different characters. Wasnt scary at all and I found some of the middle episodes a complete bore.

Hoping hotel is better but going to watch exorcist first.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Liked the first season but after that it has just been meh.

As a horror series it falls short of The Exorcist, by a mile.

Runner

I thought The Exorcist was some of the best horror ,I have seen in a series.
For me, it didn't really do anything different from the original classic and therefore I never felt any tension building up towards the well-being of the characters. It's possible the show was constrained by airing on Fox instead of something like FX which allows much more gore although the exorcist was never a gore horror and more psychological horror. I think that's why i was disappointed, I was hoping to be frightened and on the edge of my seat.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I just watched the first episode. What the feck. This is weird but great. "You got a dog" :lol:

Drifter

American
They really went there referencing to Trump and the consequences .Enjoyed the first episode

Drifter

American
What a complete mess this season as been .After the first episode it went downhill with poor acting ,poor laughable story and politics . Doubt it will be renewed after this and maybe for the better.

SuperiorXI

What a complete mess this season as been .After the first episode it went downhill with poor acting ,poor laughable story and politics . Doubt it will be renewed after this and maybe for the better.
The story really sounded ridiculous so avoided it, is it the worst of all of them?

Drifter

American
The story really sounded ridiculous so avoided it, is it the worst of all of them?
Yes definitely the worse of series. The big hitters like Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett and Jessica Lange now gone it was left up to Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters to carry the story along and both are disappointing in this one .Sarah is just annoying playing the liberal snowflake and Evans creepy but not as menacing as the Trump supporter.There is a lot of references to Trump which seem more preachy than part of the plot and ruins it.

Ole90+3

Yes definitely the worse of series. The big hitters like Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett and Jessica Lange now gone it was left up to Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters to carry the story along and both are disappointing in this one .Sarah is just annoying playing the liberal snowflake and Evans creepy but not as menacing as the Trump supporter.There is a lot of references to Trump which seem more preachy than part of the plot and ruins it.
Episode 7 was muck but overall enjoying it much more than the previous few season. Love Peters.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Surprised at the lack of activity on this thread.

For those who have been watching, the black dude is the black girl me thinks.

Drifter

American
Gave up on it after the the first episode of this season. Steadily went downhill after Freakshow.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think this has been the best season in years, next week's episode is going to be a classic. Crossover seasons of shows can be hard to pull off but they're managing it so far, they've managed to make Michael sort of likeable whilst also being terrifying. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to cross into next season, it still feels like they're setting things up and season 9 was originally supposed to be the crossover season.

Dante

Average bang
I think this has been the best season in years, next week's episode is going to be a classic. Crossover seasons of shows can be hard to pull off but they're managing it so far, they've managed to make Michael sort of likeable whilst also being terrifying. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to cross into next season, it still feels like they're setting things up and season 9 was originally supposed to be the crossover season.
Agreed. I'm only up to episode 5 at the moment, but I'm really enjoying it.

SSSSnake

Haven't been impressed with the first few episodes. Just bringing back the horror house and the witches wont be enough to save this for me.

All went to sh** after the hotel.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Haven't been impressed with the first few episodes. Just bringing back the horror house and the witches wont be enough to save this for me.

All went to sh** after the hotel.
Roanoke and Hotel were pretty bad but I liked Cult up until the last few episodes, I thought it was a realistic (as can be) look into how people would behave in that scenario. There was a lack of subtlety but I think that was kinda the point. Towards the last few episodes, after Kai went to prison, I thought that it got really bad, lost the grounded feel it had and became more "late" AHS.

SSSSnake

Roanoke and Hotel were pretty bad but I liked Cult up until the last few episodes, I thought it was a realistic (as can be) look into how people would behave in that scenario. There was a lack of subtlety but I think that was kinda the point. Towards the last few episodes, after Kai went to prison, I thought that it got really bad, lost the grounded feel it had and became more "late" AHS.
Each to their own I suppose. I really enjoyed Lady Gaga in Hotel and the 80's vibe. They should just kill this show off now I feel. It's living on past glories.

Dante

Average bang
I liked the anti-Christ angle of the last season. Some shitty episodes, but the best it's been for a few years.

I can see a new season's just started. I'll give it a try for a few episodes.