g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

An open letter from Joel Glazer

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
:lol:

It's like writing a letter to local shop, you've just commited heist upon. You can only laugh.

I guess, see them in 5-10 years, when once again they'll try kidnapping this football club and ship it to another league.

Gasolin

Someone tell him he can't say 'our' club. He owns it but it isn't his.
We can't say that hahaha I mean yesterday, Henry got slammed because he said "your club" instead of "our club", let's not bother about semantics.
Saying our club is alright if it translates into action. We know it won't, but that's not a valid basis to slander him. There are plenty other reasons for it.

talking robot

Seems very sincere, willing to give him another chance. Hopefully we can all unite behind the Glazers and the club now and put the last few days behind us.
Haha...In seriousness it frightens me to see these sorts of comments because it suggests they aren't about the put the club up for sale.

Gasolin

‘Support all of our teams’. Drivel. Prove it, Hand Ole a blank cheque for the 4 players he needs this summer you lying cnut. Redevelop old trafford, build the mini old trafford for the womens team and academy then.

they are on the ropes, need a strong glazer out showing match in match out when we get back in the ground
Forget about OT, let's hire the players first. That's step #1. Listen to Ole and give him the means to win the title and the UCL.

Gasolin

"We failed to show enough respect for its deep-rooted traditions –promotion, relegation, the pyramid "

It's not just a tradition, promotion and relegation is the foundation for every team sport that still values fair competition. The entire statement comes across as somebody who still has no idea what they did wrong.
You can't blame Americans for not understanding that. This is like us not understanding their sports system. If he tries, that's alright. But the most important thing for us is to focus on the season and then, get the players we need. We will see then.

redshaw

League system might be better, getting tired of pyramid too.

Fix the stadium please Joel Glazer.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
One thing I liked about Henry’s video was he apologise to the players and manager - where’s Ole’s apology for hanging him out to dry? People can bang on about getting them out by boycotting or protesting - it doesn’t work. The only thing that’ll make them leave is if the Govt and PL implement legislation making it impossible for them to continue milking this club dry. We need to pressure the powers that be for that to happen - hopefully there’s real momentum now to make that happen. Shame those powers didn’t give a feck earlier.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Dear Heritage Fans...

Also, hate to tell you mate, you can't rebuild something that never existed. Cnut.

clarkydaz

Hi Joel,
write LEGACY FAN 100 times
return the 100m shares payout you put in your pockets last month during a pandemic (just before you dropped this bombshell on us), that would be really nice as you are really really sorry
recite the offside rule in one go wothout pausing
Make friends with Neil Ashton, he's a hoot

PieCrust

He doesn't mean a fecking word of it. Just like Ed, he's only sorry that they got caught out and humiliated. feck off.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This is begging for an open letter to Joel Glazer and the rest of the scum, laying out clearly we want them the feck out.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
They realise they have to communicate better with the fans? How long did it take to work that one out? What rock have they been hiding under for over 18 years?
They do not have to communicate at all. They have to GO

Tincanalley

The letter is good to be fair. I think they definitely underestimated the reaction but they knew this was a huge change and in basic project management, you consult with your stakeholders over changes, even more so with significant change. This tweet sums it up perfectly.

It’s not. It’s utter sh1t. #GlazersOut

dal

Get them out and replaced by who?

Saudi royal family?
Another business man ?
The fans.. see barca ?

or the way most German clubs are run I.e the 50 + 1 rule where one club basically wins everything ?

We have the best league in the world and most competitive, is it because of the super rich or the fact revenue is split equally?

There’s so many questions but Glazer out is a simple answer.

I think it’s better the devil you know from me.

I don’t think any of these clubs thought they were actually going to play in the super league it was a chess move to push uefa into changes in the champions league.

I mean I said this two days ago and someone said the clubs can’t go back now, obviously not.

FFP needs to be enshrined into law across the major leagues and collaborative governments.

Crustanoid

This is begging for an open letter to Joel Glazer and the rest of the scum, laying out clearly we want them the feck out.
Signed by millions of fans including high profile players etc. Explicitly stated that it is a reply to his shitshow

Djemba-Djemba

You can't blame Americans for not understanding that. This is like us not understanding their sports system. If he tries, that's alright. But the most important thing for us is to focus on the season and then, get the players we need. We will see then.
They've been our owners for almost 16 years, you absolutely can blame them for not understanding how football works.

Theo88

I'd bet a whole salary that the word pyramid is something JP Morgan used in one of their stupid ass presentations. This just consultancy jargon thrown around in hopes it will make things sound more important than they are.

It's also daft. They are trying to introduce asset management thinking to football (hence why fans are called stakeholders). I'm fine with that notion but they prioritised the needs of the owners over the wants of the end users and that always fails. Morons

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The big wigs pretending they're all sorry now are hilarious. This whole thing is a fantastic example of the amateurism in football honestly. They come forward with this fantastic new league, apparantly without realizing no one wants it and after this comes apparent they all jump ship immediately. I did elementairy school assignments with a more coherent project management strategy.

Tincanalley

Where would people rather see the investment go at this time?

We desperately need an update to our facilities and stadium.
&
Our squad needs investing in.
Legislate- foreign owners into minority shareholders. And in particular never show tout faces at OT again. #GlazersOut

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
feck off Joel. You can say all this now but the fact is you and other snide owners went and had secret meetings about changing the face of the game you have no regard for. Even the managers found out on the day it was revealed. It’s an awful way to behave as an owner of any institution and you’ll have your arse handed to you one day - either by the fans or an inquest.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Better than I expected to be honest. It's obviously utter nonsense but still better PR than I would expect from the Glazers.

FreddieTheReddie

I know it was probably written by their PR team and they don't mean it, but at lease now it's clear that they know they can't do whatever they want because the fans will be loud and annoying. Looks like they've just realised but better late than never.

DoomSlayer

I just hope our brand hasn’t been damaged to much.
Our "brand" was created by the passionate fans and the iconic figures that have represented our club. It can always be rebuilt by footballing merit.

The pandemic crisis has just shown exactly how greedy these billionaire owners are. In testing times when the whole fabric of our societies is at stake, these people only look at ways to remove themselves from having responsibilities. They only want the positive outcomes from football "business" and any other business, but they don't want to use their own money to help when everyone else is struggling.

The most clear indicator is the statistics of how the inequality has been rising even further during the pandemic, with more and more of the richest people finding ways to further amass more wealth whilst taking advantage of the struggling communities. Absolute shambles of a world we live in and the system that the so called "civilised democratic" countries employ.

How can owners of clubs valued at billions of dollars can come out and claim there isn't enough money in the game? How can disgusting twats like Raiola come out and say this is the only way to improve football, which obviously means doubling his own financial intakes from all these shady deals?

Football was one of the things in life that always was able to make me forget of the realities I have to live in, it's about irrational emotion that can bring together people from all walks of life and all parts of the world. That's the reason why even the most commercial glamourised American sport will never reach the status of football when it comes to worldwide appreciation.

Red Star One

You softened the blow with Woodward gone, now you and your family fecks off from this club and no hard feelings