An update on dealing with some of the excessive negativity on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
As a scout can I start disliking and flagging garbage posts? I might be better at that than scouting.

Moby

Dick
Ok lets debate whether the sahara desert is hot or not at a typical mid august day. I know its silly but as you said we are not the arbiters of what is and isnt worth debating
Your opinion on Smalling isn't the same as saying that the Sahara Desert is hot for feck's sake.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You do know that there is an ignore feature don't you?
You need to smile when you write a post, it's a bit like smilling when you are on the phone. People will feel the positivity.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I thought I went into a Smalling thread for a second.

A welcome change, don't visit matchday thread so much (for obvious reasons), but the decision to lock down player's performance thread is a very good one. Almost all of the posts during the game are just reactionary kind of posts that add absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Anyone who thinks this lifts some enormous restrictions for the future either didn't read OP or have reading comprehension problems.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Your opinion on Smalling isn't the same as saying that the Sahara Desert is hot for feck's sake.
Actually you are right. The sahara desert does get cold during the night :)

Am i doing it right @JPRouve

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Actually you are right. The sahara desert does get cold during the night :)

Am i doing it right @JPRouve
Good, now don't talk about the Nevilles, Mcnair, Smalling or Giggs, it upsets you. And everyone hates when you start blabbing about them.:)

Halftrack

A good change. The moaners who might disappear will be greatly outnumbered by reasonable people returning.
Again, the bolded's true but I prefer to get a good idea of the full spectrum of opinions, even if I disagree with them.
It's been explained time and time again; These opinions are still welcome, just word them in a way that contributes to discussion. If you can't be bothered to do that, that's not the forum censoring you, it's you not being willing to apply yourself.
You are though.

The OP examples of what needs to stop:- "McTominay is an awful footballer" "He's such an awful player" "We're so shit" and "The manager is rubbish" tells me how heavily moderated the site is going to be.

I think you mods have been watching Demolition Man and trying to create the 'you have been fined one credit for a violation of the verbal morality statute' and the 'be well' world from that.
See above.

Sterling Archer

This is nothing but quality control, not policing opinion. Which I think is perfectly reasonable and will make for a better experience.
Spot on. Quite pleased with this.

Honestly, it might even help a few of us with general impulse control, myself included.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Keep this thread on track people, it’s starting to go off topic.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Good, now don't talk about the Nevilles, Mcnair, Smalling or Giggs, it upsets you. And everyone hates when you start blabbing about them.:)
Those who get upset are the one who hate and want to censor others. Oh well :)

Thats all from me GN

Jonno

Thank the lord. I've also noticed a lot of agendas/ulterior-motives against certain players and management. Certain posters will jump excessively on somebody if they do 1 thing badly, and then vanish when that same person does so many things right and it's infuriating. Almost WUM'ish behaviour.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Can we also slap silly every person who writes in MD thread:
"All of the like that line up, so we are losing this game!"
"Whole CAF thinks it's a crap line up, we are winning"

Don't know about you, but that is very annoyng.
Yes, United win or lose games based on forum liking or not liking first 11.

Charles Miller

Well, nothing i can do and i'll respect it, of course. But i need to say that i'm 100% against to ignore/block people and 200% against this new rule. To use those words as an obvious hyperbole should not be inappropriate among adults.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Well, nothing i can do and i'll respect it, of course. But i need to say that i'm 100% against to ignore/block people and 200% against this new rule. To use those words as an obvious hyperbole should not be inappropriate among adults.
It's barely appropriate amongst children. Hence why parents often tell their kids to stop exaggerating. There's a clear difference between someone missing a shot and feeling it and being like 'aaaah feck, can't believe that didn't go in, unlucky, still loads of time left though' and 'omg where did you even learn to kick a ball you wouldn't even make Rotherams B team why didn't we sell this guy 45 seasons ago whaa whaa whaa' that's not hyberbole, that's being a little bitch and it's ruining this forum.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
If people acted like adults we wouldn’t have this issue.

Charles Miller

It's barely appropriate amongst children. Hence why parents often tell their kids to stop exaggerating. There's a clear difference between someone missing a shot and feeling it and being like 'aaaah feck, can't believe that didn't go in, unlucky, still loads of time left though' and 'omg where did you even learn to kick a ball you wouldn't even make Rotherams B team why didn't we sell this guy 45 seasons ago whaa whaa whaa'
Words are not objects. I'll not talk about some disturbing ideological aspects or they will ban me, since is an european site.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
This is exactly how Nazi Germany started!

But on the plus side, the Utd forum was far better when those boys were in charge so I'm all for it.

Charles Miller

Thinly veiled dig calling us nazis is it? Stop talking shit.
So you are against the use of the word "shit" in the game thread but will say that i'm talking shit?? And i'm not calling you nazis snowflake. You guys are only victims of the cultural marxism.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
So you are against the use of the word "shit" in the game thread but will say that i'm talking shit?? And i'm not calling you nazis snowflake. You guys are only victims of the cultural marxism.
Proving that you have completely misunderstood this whole thing.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Proving that you have completely misunderstood this whole thing.
Yeah I think he has misunderstood a lot to be fair. I have definitely misunderstood what he was getting at. It's like he wants to say something but is holding back yet is constantly alluding to it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Reading and posting on this forum for about 11 years now. I think we've always had our share of mentalists. I don't see the point in changing the rules now as long as there is no bullying or racism etc.

If a poster decides to call McTominay a shit footballer, then let him, but note to yourself that in fact it's the poster who is shit.

I mean, we've always had people complain. We had people going at Darren Fletcher who was bloody great at one point.

You see more of it now cause we're are a bit shit at the minute.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
A "bit shit" yet still in Europe and second in the League? Imagine is we came 6th?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
A "bit shit" yet still in Europe and second in the League? Imagine is we came 6th?
A bit shit to what we were. If we're talking about post Fergie then we're decent. If we're talking about since 2008 or so then yeah we're a bit shit.

Halftrack

And i'm not calling you nazis snowflake. You guys are only victims of the cultural marxism.
So the Caf is part of the conspiracy? Interesting.
Yeah I think he has misunderstood a lot to be fair. I have definitely misunderstood what he was getting at. It's like he wants to say something but is holding back yet is constantly alluding to it.
His last post made it clear: We're a bunch of liberal *****, brainwashed by communists.

Status
Not open for further replies.