An update to the site rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siorac

It's a sad day if people can't get their point across without the need to swear.
Swear filters are sad but acceptable if that's what we need to keep the Caf free. But at least make them creative! How is fcuk and cnut any better than their original form? It's pointless. Even replacing them with asterisks is better; in that case I'd be prepared to believe that the sponsors' sensitivity is being protected. This way it will simply look a bit stupid without actually filtering out swearing.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Swear filters are sad but acceptable if that's what we need to keep the Caf free. But at least make them creative! How is fcuk and cnut any better than their original form? It's pointless. Even replacing them with asterisks is better; in that case I'd be prepared to believe that the sponsors' sensitivity is being protected. This way it will simply look a bit stupid without actually filtering out swearing.

Ironically I often end up with wholly inappropriate ads on my page when I am at work, such as "MILFs In Your Area" etc. etc. So it would be helpful if the advertisers were asked to have more work-appropriate ads if they feel the site needs to be tamer in order for it to be acceptable for advertisers.

Tomalonge

Ironically I often end up with wholly inappropriate ads on my page when I am at work, such as "MILFs In Your Area" etc. etc. So it would be helpful if the advertisers were asked to have more work-appropriate ads if they feel the site needs to be tamer in order for it to be acceptable for advertisers.
I think those ads are because of the language on the forums to be honest though. Google doesn't have context, it could be picturing one massive orgy going on the whole time, and that's just Iczster.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I think those ads are because of the language on the forums to be honest though. Google doesn't have context, it could be picturing one massive orgy going on the whole time, and that's just Iczster.
Nah, if it's on Iczsters posts then all the adverts would be like this...

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
While we are at it, when we banning fun Niall? I see far too much of that on here.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Cock out.

Hopefully that's not censored.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Did Vince McMahon buy redcafe or something? Its PG now. We already have a John Cina, now whos Daniel Bryan?

Someone

Something
Any site full of swearing and nudity will surely have more hits, it's their loss, the cnuts.

Tomalonge

Did Vince McMahon buy redcafe or something? Its PG now. We already have a John Cina, now whos Daniel Bryan?
I used to be on a forum for an internet radio show based on being explicit, as offensive as possible and people were encouraged to verbally abuse everyone as much as they possibly could and have thick skin.

The language was no where near the level the caf hits sometimes, to be fair it is a bit over the top.

Eriku

New rules laid down, not explained clearly... I expect to find myself in a Kafkaesque situation quite soon.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I used to be on a forum for an internet radio show based on being explicit, as offensive as possible and people were encouraged to verbally abuse everyone as much as they possibly could and have thick skin.

The language was no where near the level the caf hits sometimes, to be fair it is a bit over the top.
I don't think its the language, more so the way it has been used, especially of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.