6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
That statement should never apply to a club like Manchester United.
Correct, i actually meant that whenever a player shines at a club like Manchester United, the exposure will be immense and therefore clubs like Madrid and Barcelona will be sniffing around for the 'best'. I totally agree that United is on the same list as the above mentioned clubs.

JUPITER

When we had player like Ronaldo and now we have a player who can be similar powerhouse but in goalkeeping with already not far away to best in the world status.

Do the math.
Ok, without meaning to sound patronising (genuinely), it's really important to remember that De Gea hasn't been sold to Real Madrid (or anyone), he's a Utd player.

So the answer to my question of when was the last time we sold a player to Real Madrid, is 2009. That's 6 seasons ago...

The last time we signed one of their best players was about 9 months ago.

I don't think the 'when was the last time we sold a player to Real' argument is as valid as people make out. As I said earlier, in my opinion, it is almost seen as a thing of pride to have a player that they would a actually want. The fact is, even most of our beloved heroes we have had in recent years may not have gotten into their team, or they would not be interested for other reasons. When we had the De facto best in the world, there was an inevitability he would go to where the best players (officially ) in the world tend to play - Real Madrid (or Barca). Fans seem to be approaching the De Gea situation with the same inevitability, despite minimal noise from Madrid themselves. It is almost a case of 'he's so good, he will obviously end up there'.

I remarked around the time of the Januzaj hype last season when there were question marks about his contract at how many posters were saying he should sign for us now, and then he can go to Madrid when he's 25 if he wants. There had been nothing from either the player or Madrid to even hint of an interest, and we could not even play the 'all Latin players dream of bla bla ' card with a Belgian. It was simply inferiority complex speaking I think, and the expression of many of our fans seeing us as a step down to Madrid, and a place that Januzaj will of course end up if he becomes so good that he may dare to catch their interest. At least we an get some good money and grab some bargains from their boot sale as part of the deal hey!

Likewise , I have seen justification on spending X amount on Pogba as he is still young and can be sold to Madrid for profit once he becomes the best in the world.
Fair enough if that annoys you, but it's just fans talking - it has no bearing on the club's actual dealings.

David de Gea is from Madrid, his family lives in Madrid, his girlfriend mainly lives in Madrid. If he goes there, these factors will obviously play a MASSIVE part in his decision.

Devil may care

What has happened with Ander really does seem like the perfect meshing of an experienced coach and talented player finding a middle ground and the player coming out an even better one on the other end. For me Ander has to be one of the corner stones we build this next United team around.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Do we need a box-to-box midfielder now that Ander is adapting to this position? LvG said he is becoming a 60 meter midfielder and suddently the need for balance is no more.
Carrick/Blind besides Herrera with Rooney in front of them would provide enough defensive stability.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
Do we need a box-to-box midfielder now that Ander is adapting to this position? LvG said he is becoming a 60 meter midfielder and suddently the need for balance is no more.
Carrick/Blind besides Herrera with Rooney in front of them would provide enough defensive stability.
If you count Mata as a midfielder we've got 5 in total, Carrick will be 34 and Blind is sometimes needed at LB. Herrera can't play every match, plus we'd have no backup (Rooney) if he or Fellaini can't play. I'm sure he still wants another midfielder.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

If you count Mata as a midfielder we've got 5 in total, Carrick will be 34 and Blind is sometimes needed at LB. Herrera can't play every match, plus we'd have no backup (Rooney) if he or Fellaini can't play. I'm sure he still wants another midfielder.
We have Peirera though who has been involved with the first team this year, seems like LvG rates him so he could be the backup.
Of course it depends on how Herrera performs in the last games of the season.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We have Peirera though who has been involved with the first team this year, seems like LvG rates him so he could be the backup.
The last time Pereira played was as a right winger, we need depth and we also need to upgrade at every opportunity, if Mata is a midfielder we need a winger, if Mata is a winger we need a CM.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
We need defensive midfielders cover, not attacking. Don't think Peirera is that.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
It was funny because i thought he was an AM aswell, but people who follow the youth teams say he can play as an #8 aswell.
I haven't seen enough of him personally so I wouldn't know. If he's a genuine 8 that could be an option, if not we're buying a CM. I don't think in a year with Europe he wants to rely on Pereira as the only cover for Herrera/Fellaini though, especially since he's not physical (something which he said he underestimated about the PL).

Riz

I haven't seen enough of him personally so I wouldn't know. If he's a genuine 8 that could be an option, if not we're buying a CM. I don't think in a year with Europe he wants to rely on Pereira as the only cover for Herrera/Fellaini though, especially since he's not physical (something which he said he underestimated about the PL).
Question is whether we're better off going for cover or do we instead bring in someone for the first 11 and relegate either Herrera or Fellaini to the bench.

Ekeke

Some unsurprising but to the point stats :

Started CM 9 times, 5 goals and 2 assists
Started AM (in the hole) 1 times, 0 goals and 1 assist
Started DM (in a deeper midfield duo) 2 times, 0 goals and 0 assists
Subbed on 7 times, 0 goals and 1 assist

Now imagine if he had started as a CM every week. Also, thats just in terms of productivity. He still did a decentish job in the hole, did well in a 2 man midfield with Blind and has still more often than not had a good effect off the bench. But starting him in a lineup that gives him the freedom to get forward like the 4-1-4-1 sees him have an impact on the scoreline

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What I like about Ander is that he scores goals with both feet, against Villa, one left footed, one right. There is no point in trying to drive him onto his wrong side as he doesn't seem to have one.

Riz

Really hope he continues to develop the 'Lampard' arrival on the edge of the box. Thinking back to some of his goals this season like QPR, Swansea and the second vs Villa he's a great weapon to have for cut backs as his finishes are controlled and deadly accurate. Consistent goals from midfield next season would be :drool:.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Really big game for him today. Needs to do it against a team like City for people to really respect him as one of the best in the League and in Europe.

Chicharito_

Souness saying he doesn't know what he is good at apart from scoring the odd goal. What a cnut.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
haha i don't think he's going to be considered as one of the best in europe no matter how well he plays
Well not because of one game, no. But that is what he should attain to. International recognition and CL and big game performances will put his name in such conversations.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I love'em. Completely owning that midfield today on the ground while Fellaini dominates in the air, leaving Carrick to tie things together with ease. Great stuff.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
One of two players early in the half that didn't shit himself at the prospect of playing City.

prarek

Some unsurprising but to the point stats :

Started CM 9 times, 5 goals and 2 assists
Started AM (in the hole) 1 times, 0 goals and 1 assist
Started DM (in a deeper midfield duo) 2 times, 0 goals and 0 assists
Subbed on 7 times, 0 goals and 1 assist

Now imagine if he had started as a CM every week. Also, thats just in terms of productivity. He still did a decentish job in the hole, did well in a 2 man midfield with Blind and has still more often than not had a good effect off the bench. But starting him in a lineup that gives him the freedom to get forward like the 4-1-4-1 sees him have an impact on the scoreline
Those are great stats for a CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.