6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

Poor lad will have to partner one of our current average bunch next season.
That is the only concern I have about him for the season ahead, other than carrick there isn't really anyone else who can compliment his game or of any real quality but hopefully van gaal will address that with a new signing or two, personally don't think we can afford to wait for strootman to be fit and available and there are plenty of players out there who could improve our midfield.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Looks like a good lad, sensible hairstyle, a talented player and wears black Adidas boots. He's my favourite United player already.

redevil2

I dont agree with that, as "the one whose name is not spoken" only takes 33% of the blame, the rest was SAF and the players. Not many managers can make a midfield that horrible play anywhere near decent. They were simply incapable of being creative.
Ungrateful fans like you have forgotten that under SAF, we have not been outside of top places in the PL, always competitive domestically and in Europe. Players are there to take instructions, hence a good/great manager is so important for success or not. Great managers get the best out of players. Not sure you ever get involved in sports in team sports or just an armchair critic. But you won't speak of a manager/coach's role in this fashion if you have the right knowledge! Athletes will never excel just by having talent and physique when you want to win (not to lose) competitively. Training regime and mental strength (spurred by manager) are keys.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Apparently that's a myth. Our interest was established a good while before that game.

In other news, buying players who have great games against us would result in such footballing greats as Alfonso Alves and Michael Mifsud (I think @devilish suggested we should be interested in the latter at some point) ending up on our books.
It was obviously tongue in cheek

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
:lol: the black boots put him in my top 5 before he kicked a ball.

:lol: It's a big plus point for me. Used to be that the special players were coloured boots. In a world where cloggers are wearing neon, the special players are the ones in black. :D

RedorDead21

Ungrateful fans like you have forgotten that under SAF, we have not been outside of top places in the PL, always competitive domestically and in Europe. Players are there to take instructions, hence a good/great manager is so important for success or not. Great managers get the best out of players. Not sure you ever get involved in sports in team sports or just an armchair critic. But you won't speak of a manager/coach's role in this fashion if you have the right knowledge! Athletes will never excel just by having talent and physique when you want to win (not to lose) competitively. Training regime and mental strength (spurred by manager) are keys.
You have to appreciate most fans these days live and breathe the transfer windows. Signing top players is what its all about not developing what you have......:nono:

redevil2

You have to appreciate most fans these days live and breathe the transfer windows. Signing top players is what its all about not developing what you have......:nono:
Doesn't make them better fans than me and some though. lol
Besides, since when United is a club which is habitually signing top players to sustain? Name all the legends we have who were top players when they arrived at OT, helped us win things, and become legendary? Name them! Please :)

RedorDead21

Doesn't make them better fans than me and some though. lol
Besides, since when United is a club which is habitually signing top players to sustain? Name all the legends we have who were top players when they arrived at OT, helped us win things, and become legendary? Name them! Please :)
For those very reasons our fans now yearn for them even more as rivals have emerged and triumphed through muppet transfer activity....

redevil2

For those very reasons our fans now yearn for them even more as rivals have emerged and triumphed through muppet transfer activity....
LUCKILY fans don't run the club. :) United were still the winner overall in the past decade when Chelsea and City have deeper pocket than us. We are not changing our transfer market strategy drastically any time soon, mate.

redevil2

On a different (happy!) note, news just came in Babe is now officially sold. :)

Manchester United
19 mins ·
Goodbye, Bebe. We can confirm the forward has joined Portuguese side Benfica in a deal worth up to €3million. United has the right to 50% of any sell-on fee.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I am not saying that. I am only saying that quality players who did well with us should be given a second and third look. I've followed these two players for quite some time and they looked much better then our players. Unfortunately we kept insisting on 'Basque players never leave Spain' and the 'No one can replace Paul Scholes' BS which costed us alot in the past years
No, we didn't.

Unlikely lad

Apparently that's a myth. Our interest was established a good while before that game.

In other news, buying players who have great games against us would result in such footballing greats as Alfonso Alves and Michael Mifsud (I think @devilish suggested we should be interested in the latter at some point) ending up on our books.
Morten Gamst Pedersen :drool:

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I know it just looks like a simple movement but the awareness at 1.05 to wrap around Mata and let Mata drift inside just opens everything up so nicely and the end result is a goal. Ok, it's a horrible mistake for the goal but the movement from Herrera, while it's still such a basic run, it really does show his intelligence.

NMF

Really like him. His passing is excellent and the one touch really pretty too. Fast and he can hold the ball well. Reminds me a lot of Scholes. Very Scholes-esque for sure.
His no Kroos according to Scholes :rolleyes:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Everytime I see training videos during pre-season him and Mata always seem to be together. Best buddies I guess and De Gea would have joined them if he was an outfield player.

NMF

Because Scholes really deserves an eye-roll...
I thought it was a little unfair for him to say that. Scholes is a club legend and rated very highly by Spanish players and for him to say he isn't top quality was
Harsh.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I thought it was a little unfair for him to say that. Scholes is a club legend and rated very highly by Spanish players and for him to say he isn't top quality was
Harsh.
In a way it's good that Scholes says stuff like that. For one, he's right; as good as Herrera is, he's not in the elite rung of central midfielders (yet). For another, we already have enough ex-player ambassadors who parrot official club lines, it's good to have a guy who every now again gives a different opinion. And it all comes from someone who cares about the club; whoever he may or may not upset with his comments, he at least says them because he wants the best for United right.

And besides, in Ander's case, he may use it as extra motivation to prove just how good he is. For all we know Scholesey is a master psychologist who knows exactly how to rile players up, in ways that get maximum performance from them :D

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Harsh.
Don't worry he will have to eat his words come the end of the season

NMF

In a way it's good that Scholes says stuff like that. For one, he's right; as good as Herrera is, he's not in the elite rung of central midfielders (yet). For another, we already have enough ex-player ambassadors who parrot official club lines, it's good to have a guy who every now again gives a different opinion. And it all comes from someone who cares about the club; whoever he may or may not upset with his comments, he at least says them because he wants the best for United right.

And besides, in Ander's case, he may use it as extra motivation to prove just how good he is. For all we know Scholesey is a master psychologist who knows exactly how to rile players up, in ways that get maximum performance from them :D
We've signed Herrera not some average player. Could have said some positive things on the player like when he outplayed us at Old Trafford not his not as good as X and Y.

While it may be true our need for midfielder to provide some energy and guile is of more need than Kroos.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

I disagree with Scholes on Herrera, but like you say it's good that not all ex united players think the sun shines out of Manchester United's backside, and that everything they do is correct.

RustyS

Scholes is obviously free to say what he wants but on the flip side, people are free to think what they want of his opinion. Seems like quite a few are forgetting that second bit.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Kroos doesn't even come anywhere near the defensive contribution that Herrera puts into his performances.

MDFC Manager

Harsh.
Except what Scholes really said was Herrera wasn't Kroos quality. Not only was he right, its exactly what you'd expect a very straight talking Scholes to say.

RuudTom83

Everytime I see training videos during pre-season him and Mata always seem to be together. Best buddies I guess and De Gea would have joined them if he was an outfield player.
True, and it is nice to see the Spaniards getting along.

But with senior players like Rio/Evra gone (both were great at team building etc) i hope the dressing room doesn't develop clique's, and it is interesting to read LVG's comments about everyone needs to speak in english to each other.

I myself don't think that would happen at United, but it is interesting to play mini-psychologists while we wait for the real matches to start.

jem

Scholes is obviously free to say what he wants but on the flip side, people are free to think what they want of his opinion. Seems like quite a few are forgetting that second bit.
Of course. It's just that the eye-roll smiley, implies a kind of 'here we go again, more Scholes nonsense' sentiment that really doesn't seem deserved.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Played a lot deeper than with Fletcher. Fletcher covered the back 5, he had to do this today. Still managed to pull off like 2-3 through balls, one leading to Welbeck's penalty.

The Red Thinker

Herrera is a real presence in our midfield. He's can really get stuck in. All we need right now is a very good player alongside him and we've got a strong midfield with Mata riding up top.

Castia

Played a nice 1-2 with Welbeck that led to the pen but had a quite first half (spectacular goals aside the whole team did tbf). Clearly still need more quality alongside him in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.